• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:07
CEST 08:07
KST 15:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9297 users

Will you buy SC2 in it's current state? - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 17 18 19 Next All
deL
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Australia5540 Posts
May 29 2010 07:30 GMT
#41
On May 29 2010 16:00 Paramore wrote:
are you honestly saying you wouldnt... like honestly boycott them? ... honestly? ... cause if you do boycott them why are you still posting here? am i right? like... teamliquid.net is the main community of sc2.. are u saying u are going to not buy their game but still create the 10th thread bitching about this...?

seroiusly who honestly won't buy the game as it is now? even if its a pain in the ass to cross-realm and talk to people via party-chat... people will still buy this game...

you aren't doing any job by boycotting and if you really are boycotting you aren't really part of this community anymore are you? so then what would be the point in posting this... again...?

But the thing is to get it as it is now you will have to pay for three copies of the game... And honestly if beta cost money I would not buy it based on current content.
Gaming videos for fun ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/WijLopenLos
peachsncream
Profile Joined April 2010
United States289 Posts
May 29 2010 07:30 GMT
#42
well i alrdy did something to get it free... but i know all of my friends aren't buying it until chat rooms are in it, and i prob will not play it until they incorporate them.
I Micro I Micro - PLZLEAVEDUCK
space_yes
Profile Joined April 2010
United States548 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-29 07:34:07
May 29 2010 07:31 GMT
#43
Yes. Terrible thread.

please close
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
May 29 2010 07:32 GMT
#44
On May 29 2010 16:27 deL wrote:
I see no incentive to buy the game over simply pirating it. Cancelled the preorder, and even if they fix these issues my eyes have been opened to how they think - I doubt the situation will go anywhere but downhill even if they add chat channels and cross-continental competition now.


Advocating piracy for any reason at all, no matter how righteous it may be perceived as, is something that I don't think I'll ever be able to do in good conscience. Blizzard is simply looking to profit the most on its ventures; piracy may seem like the "correct" thing to do, but all it really does it take away from the hard work that teams of developers and coders have put into releasing a game. If anything, boycott the product instead or try to dissuade others from purchasing it, but pirating software simply cheapens the entire experience.
Moderator
ghosthunter
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States414 Posts
May 29 2010 07:33 GMT
#45
On May 29 2010 16:29 Toxiferous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2010 16:28 ghosthunter wrote:
Lol, I love people who are like "i'll pirate."

You're not cool. you've never been cool. Stop trying to be cool.

I'll buy it, because regardless I enjoy the gameplay a lot, and am looking forward to UMS.

Someone has some unresolved issues with pirates

P.S Fu blizz


I actually more just lol at the immature people who think saying "I pirate!" is a badge of honor. It's really not.

My general point is this. Everyone pirates, don't brag about it, it's not really conduscive to anything, and just makes you look like a d-bag.
deL
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Australia5540 Posts
May 29 2010 07:34 GMT
#46
On May 29 2010 16:28 ghosthunter wrote:
Lol, I love people who are like "i'll pirate."

You're not cool. you've never been cool. Stop trying to be cool.

I'll buy it, because regardless I enjoy the gameplay a lot, and am looking forward to UMS.

On a side note, I'll continue.

Why should game companies care about your opinions if you plan on pirating their game? You'd pirate it no matter what, It's like someone coming into your restaurant and dine and dashing, and then telling you how to improve your cooking for the next time they want to steal from you.

I think the point was, many people are only buying it because of single player, which will be pirate-able (presumably?) because they are screwing up the multiplayer aspect of it, which is the only reason people don't pirate it anyway. Please, please don't pretend otherwise and claim that you'd buy it out of honour or rewarding them for a good game or whatever, especially after you pidgeonholed everyone who mentions piracy as a worthless thief.
Gaming videos for fun ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/WijLopenLos
Fugazi
Profile Joined February 2010
Poland5 Posts
May 29 2010 07:34 GMT
#47
I am sure 99% people who voted NO will buy it. Also BN 2.0 is pretty good, now at least I spend all of my time playing instead of searching for game, party and new friends are cool too. But that is from casual point of view, improvements for, face it, less needed features will come in time.
NIJ
Profile Joined March 2010
1012 Posts
May 29 2010 07:34 GMT
#48
At its current state, I can seriously wait till it's like 19.99 or 9.99.

Ive waited a long time too, but beta actually helped me change my mind. "I needz it NAO" feeling is gone and by that time game will be patched up anyway, so its win win for me.

Act of thinking logically cannot possibly be natural to the human mind. If it were, then mathematics would be everybody's easiest course at school and our species would not have taken several millennia to figure out the scientific method -NDT
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
May 29 2010 07:36 GMT
#49
Yes. At the very least, it will be something to do an hour a day to relax.
The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
May 29 2010 07:37 GMT
#50
On May 29 2010 16:34 NIJ wrote:
At its current state, I can seriously wait till it's like 19.99 or 9.99.

Ive waited a long time too, but beta actually helped me change my mind. "I needz it NAO" feeling is gone and by that time game will be patched up anyway, so its win win for me.



Definitely. There's no rush to get it immediately. The cost will likely go down, and the content can only improve from where it is now.
Moderator
eLiE
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1039 Posts
May 29 2010 07:37 GMT
#51
looks like we have a lot of liars, even though everyone's complaining about everything (there are definitely valid complaints to be made), the majority of people are still going to buy the game.

And NIJ is going to be waiting a while, I don't even think the original battlechest is down to 19.99.
How's the weather down there?
crate
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States2474 Posts
May 29 2010 07:38 GMT
#52
The game is amazing and all my friends have already pre-ordered as well, so definitely yes.

Bnet 2.0 is terrible, but the game is still definitely playable.
We did. You did. Yes we can. No. || http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/crate.html || twitch.tv/crate3333
Ramsing
Profile Joined July 2007
Canada233 Posts
May 29 2010 07:40 GMT
#53
On May 29 2010 16:00 Paramore wrote:
are you honestly saying you wouldnt... like honestly boycott them? ... honestly? ... cause if you do boycott them why are you still posting here? am i right? like... teamliquid.net is the main community of sc2.. are u saying u are going to not buy their game but still create the 10th thread bitching about this...?

seroiusly who honestly won't buy the game as it is now? even if its a pain in the ass to cross-realm and talk to people via party-chat... people will still buy this game...

you aren't doing any job by boycotting and if you really are boycotting you aren't really part of this community anymore are you? so then what would be the point in posting this... again...?


Yes, I am honestly saying I would not. I don't have a shit-ton of money to spend on gaming, so when I make a gaming choice it's going to be one that will last for a good period of time. As it stands, I see myself getting bored with sc2 very fast (The beta already has me a bit bored) and so, for me, it just isn't worth it.
Mastermind
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada7096 Posts
May 29 2010 07:40 GMT
#54
On May 29 2010 16:22 MamiyaOtaru wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2010 16:15 Mastermind wrote:
I have been waiting 11 years to find out the next chapter in the Starcraft storyline

That's what youtube and wikipedia and spoiler threads are for. That's what I did with Deus Ex 2. I never did play that one, despite Deus Ex 1 being my favorite singleplayer game ever.

what? that is a terrible idea. I want to play the story, not watch someone else play it.
losso
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Bulgaria158 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-29 07:43:19
May 29 2010 07:40 GMT
#55
meh, if i can get to play the campaign without buying it i'm probably not gonna buy it - i don't like the game itself
but people are being way too bitchy about bnet 2.0. the game is what matters the most and it seems like people are forgetting that. yeah it could obviously be better but not playing a game you like just because it doesn't have chat channels n stuff sounds so fucking damn stupid
Dark.Carnival
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States5095 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-29 07:41:51
May 29 2010 07:40 GMT
#56
I won't buy it when it first comes out unless there's a large overhaul of BNet 2.0. I'll just wait a few months and hopefully it will have improved. Waiting a few months also has the benefit of seeing the beginnings of how awesome UMS will be, though that also depends if B.Net 2.0 will still be a crap shack for customs.
@QxGDarkCell ._.
deL
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Australia5540 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-29 07:41:48
May 29 2010 07:40 GMT
#57
On May 29 2010 16:37 eLiE wrote:
looks like we have a lot of liars, even though everyone's complaining about everything (there are definitely valid complaints to be made), the majority of people are still going to buy the game.

And NIJ is going to be waiting a while, I don't even think the original battlechest is down to 19.99.

Of course, because it's on battle.net 1.0 Also the competitive scene has kept it alive and in demand even now.

On May 29 2010 16:40 Ramsing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2010 16:00 Paramore wrote:
are you honestly saying you wouldnt... like honestly boycott them? ... honestly? ... cause if you do boycott them why are you still posting here? am i right? like... teamliquid.net is the main community of sc2.. are u saying u are going to not buy their game but still create the 10th thread bitching about this...?

seroiusly who honestly won't buy the game as it is now? even if its a pain in the ass to cross-realm and talk to people via party-chat... people will still buy this game...

you aren't doing any job by boycotting and if you really are boycotting you aren't really part of this community anymore are you? so then what would be the point in posting this... again...?


Yes, I am honestly saying I would not. I don't have a shit-ton of money to spend on gaming, so when I make a gaming choice it's going to be one that will last for a good period of time. As it stands, I see myself getting bored with sc2 very fast (The beta already has me a bit bored) and so, for me, it just isn't worth it.

I'm in the same boat as this guy.
Gaming videos for fun ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/WijLopenLos
Doughboy
Profile Joined April 2010
United States721 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-29 07:41:49
May 29 2010 07:40 GMT
#58
I'll buy it, as long as they meet my terms for patch 14:

Frenzy can now be applied to enemy units to make them think they're zerglings. They begin to claw at their allied units and buildings with their hands in a praying mantis fashion (like a zergling) for 2 damage for a 30 second time period.

Ultralisks now only have 1 tusk that inflicts 20 damage on themselvesfor every 5 damage they inflict on any target.

Scvs can use the Force - Reasearched at Jedi Academy for 25/50

Overlords can now morph into infested Chuck Norris. Requires 9001/9001 and a Greater Spire

Siege tanks can now move while sieged. They can now also attack air.

Pretty good balance IMO. I'd pay $60 for that.
"Don't be distracted by the what if's, should'ves, and if onlys. The one thing you choose yourself - THAT is the truth of your universe." Fav T: Sea, Leta, Really Fav P: Free, Snow Fav Z: ZerO, GGplay, Jaedong, Neo.G_Soulkey
ChaosShadow
Profile Joined April 2010
United States79 Posts
May 29 2010 07:41 GMT
#59
I buy video games for enjoyment.

Does SC2 have issues that need to be addressed? Yes.
Will Blizzard address them? Probably.
Do i have fun playing SC2? Yes.

People who won't buy it, won't buy it; unlike them, I'll be enjoying a well made game, because past all the Bnet2.0 complaints, SC2 is still a very good game. And with the single player mode and as more and better custom maps come out, I'm sure that i will enjoy playing SC2 even more.

So... Will I buy SC2? Yes.
MamiyaOtaru
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1687 Posts
May 29 2010 07:42 GMT
#60
On May 29 2010 16:34 Fugazi wrote:
I am sure 99% people who voted NO will buy it. Also BN 2.0 is pretty good, now at least I spend all of my time playing instead of searching for game, party and new friends are cool too. But that is from casual point of view, improvements for, face it, less needed features will come in time.

casuals come and casuals go. This is a site about people who still played/watched BW a decade after it came out. Those less needed features matter to a group that might otherwise still be around after most of the casuals are gone. But by all means, vote yes

And yeah, I wish people would vote honestly (I did: no). It's going to end up like this:

[image loading]
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 17 18 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 101
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 595
Larva 470
Leta 145
Hyun 36
ZergMaN 9
Hm[arnc] 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm236
League of Legends
JimRising 740
Other Games
summit1g8700
WinterStarcraft434
Mew2King84
ArmadaUGS57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick823
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream171
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2310
League of Legends
• Rush1351
• Lourlo1077
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 53m
INu's Battles
5h 53m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
8h 53m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 53m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 53m
Replay Cast
16h 53m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 4h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.