• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:30
CEST 16:30
KST 23:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9405 users

An Open Letter to Blizzard Regarding Divisions - Page 19

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 23 Next All
iNviSible.yunO
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Germany211 Posts
May 26 2010 08:34 GMT
#361
/Signed
o.O''
Sealteam
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia296 Posts
May 26 2010 08:48 GMT
#362
/signed
h4xh4xh4x
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada90 Posts
May 26 2010 08:54 GMT
#363
Agree with OP.
lings
Hectic
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia159 Posts
May 26 2010 08:54 GMT
#364
I definitely think that there needs to be a overall rank for the top of the server ie: top 1000 places.

However theres no reason to give everyone an overall rank. Once you get past top 2000 it will almost become completely meaningless to know your overall rank because noone knows how many active ladder players there are at any time, making league standing a more practical indication of skill for lower league users.
Only if you beleive.
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
May 26 2010 09:11 GMT
#365
An idea I saw on the official forums (yes I saw something intelligent on the official forums o.O) that I really like was:

Increase the pool size for divisions as you go up in leagues, until diamond where there are no divisions and just one pool of players.
Bronze: 100 players per division
Silver: 200 players
Gold: 1000 players
Platinum: I dunno how many players there are in a league overall, but have like 10-20 divisions
Diamond: 1 division.

This lets players lower in the ladder get more of a personal feeling instead of being number #329834 and gives them an indication of how close they are to advancing, and as you move up, you gain more comparison as you become more competitive, while still giving some measure of possible achievement without being overwhelming, and then as you get to the top level, give the information fully competitive players want, their overall place.

Anyone else think this is cool?
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
Drazzzt
Profile Joined September 2002
Germany999 Posts
May 26 2010 09:21 GMT
#366
/signed

What is Blizzard doing here???
Be Nice, Be Fair, Be Mannered.
Icks
Profile Joined July 2009
France186 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-26 09:27:57
May 26 2010 09:26 GMT
#367
On May 26 2010 18:11 ZapRoffo wrote:
An idea I saw on the official forums (yes I saw something intelligent on the official forums o.O) that I really like was:

Increase the pool size for divisions as you go up in leagues, until diamond where there are no divisions and just one pool of players.
Bronze: 100 players per division
Silver: 200 players
Gold: 1000 players
Platinum: I dunno how many players there are in a league overall, but have like 10-20 divisions
Diamond: 1 division.

This lets players lower in the ladder get more of a personal feeling instead of being number #329834 and gives them an indication of how close they are to advancing, and as you move up, you gain more comparison as you become more competitive, while still giving some measure of possible achievement without being overwhelming, and then as you get to the top level, give the information fully competitive players want, their overall place.

Anyone else think this is cool?
I don't.
I think it goes against elitism. I would make the opposite. Less players on top. Hard to reach the top.

Regarding the main topic, i "can't see" Blizzard letting anyone take any nickname already taken, and let the ladder as it is. If it stays like that, from day 1, i'll start a clan where everybody is named "Bob", and we'll become the biggest clan in europe and then control the world of Bob... then Blizzard may change their mind.
No, seriously it's too silly to stay as it is.

And about knowing where you stand, though i agree with OP, one thing we miss at the moment, to discuss, is the online rankings page, where you could see anyone's stats. I dont think any Blizzard's guy did communicate about this, but of course there will be online stats. (at release, a patch after, an expansion later? >_< )
Read to learn.
tsigalah
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden6 Posts
May 26 2010 09:26 GMT
#368
/signed
papaz
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden4149 Posts
May 26 2010 10:43 GMT
#369
Guys, please show op suppport on the thread in battle.net also. I know blizz reads here but many casual players that don't know about TL should also see how many we are. 19 pages here but only 8 on official forums.

Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12058 Posts
May 26 2010 10:48 GMT
#370
I actually like the divisions. I see no problem with not being stuck at like number 10,000. It's nice to be able to be the top 10 in my division and it's nice to actually feel progression from passing people.

If I'm number 10,000 I get a win and go up to 9,999 what have I actually accomplished? I'm just one player in what seems to be and endless pool of people.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Dooba
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Croatia588 Posts
May 26 2010 10:50 GMT
#371
/signed
"Zergs are really stronger. I use to win 60-70%, now it is 40-50. I am switching to civilization 5 for now until any terran can come up with a better tactics."
Kashll
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States1117 Posts
May 26 2010 10:56 GMT
#372
On May 26 2010 19:48 Qikz wrote:
I actually like the divisions. I see no problem with not being stuck at like number 10,000. It's nice to be able to be the top 10 in my division and it's nice to actually feel progression from passing people.

If I'm number 10,000 I get a win and go up to 9,999 what have I actually accomplished? I'm just one player in what seems to be and endless pool of people.


So you prefer lying to yourself to feel good, than just dealing with the truth and being intrinsically motivated by your success?

Ok...
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
papaz
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden4149 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-26 10:57:34
May 26 2010 10:57 GMT
#373
On May 26 2010 19:48 Qikz wrote:
I actually like the divisions. I see no problem with not being stuck at like number 10,000. It's nice to be able to be the top 10 in my division and it's nice to actually feel progression from passing people.

If I'm number 10,000 I get a win and go up to 9,999 what have I actually accomplished? I'm just one player in what seems to be and endless pool of people.


Thing is you haven't accomplished more by being top 10 in your division. Only difference is that blizzard is giving you the sense as if you have.

Being top 10 in your division means less then being 9999 of a global pool. When you are 9999 of a global pool then you actually are 9999 of total players.

Now where did you stand again? top 10 of what divsion?? is that divison good? how good? compared to other divisions in same league? How good are you actually?

If you are a competitive player than ofc you want to know where you stand compared to others.

If not, then I understand. But this solution that blizz is going with feels like i am playing with 5 year old kids that is going to cry if they lose or can't show off to their facebook friends how good they are.

Don't get me wrong. I am nowhere good. I play in bronze league, but hell I wanna know where I stand and don't want blizz to treat me as I was a little kid that can't handle the truth!



valaki
Profile Joined June 2009
Hungary2476 Posts
May 26 2010 10:58 GMT
#374
On May 26 2010 19:48 Qikz wrote:
I actually like the divisions. I see no problem with not being stuck at like number 10,000. It's nice to be able to be the top 10 in my division and it's nice to actually feel progression from passing people.

If I'm number 10,000 I get a win and go up to 9,999 what have I actually accomplished? I'm just one player in what seems to be and endless pool of people.


If you would be rank 10k in a merged division then your are number 10k too now in terms of elo points. I don't really understand how you can see your own progression when you fight for rank 1 in the 115th division with a guy who played 600 games just to maintain his 1450 points in plat. And in a merged division 1 win would mean at least 20-30 places in the rank, so with a lucky streak you could be 500 places higher than the you were yesterday. I think that would be a bit better motivation. But it's my opinion only.

Also /signed.
ggaemo fan
LundiZ
Profile Joined December 2008
Sweden39 Posts
May 26 2010 11:53 GMT
#375
Signed. Good initiative, I hope it leads to something.
twitter.com/lundiz
JinSin
Profile Joined January 2009
United States83 Posts
May 26 2010 12:06 GMT
#376
Signed! I hope its not to late to make changes -.-'
uSiN
Profile Joined January 2009
United States208 Posts
May 26 2010 12:24 GMT
#377
/Signed
.-.
Daedie
Profile Joined March 2010
Belgium160 Posts
May 26 2010 12:39 GMT
#378
The division thing would be a lot more interesting if it, at the very least, were piramid shaped, instead of what we got now (seems rectangle shaped to me).

Like the top league being only 1 division (pro league), diamond being like 5 - 10 divisions, all the way to bronze which should be a couple 100 divisions.

This will help bad players feel good about themselves like now, but at least you'd have a reasonable idea of how good the top league players are.

And also, need to have access to a system that allows you to see all divisions of all leagues.
I like turtles
KillerPenguin
Profile Joined June 2004
United States516 Posts
May 26 2010 13:07 GMT
#379
500k page views that just goes to show how necessary this is, if Blizzard implemented and linked to something like this it would be tens of millions of views by now.

/signed
http://www.escapeintolife.com/
HaFnium
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United Kingdom1078 Posts
May 26 2010 13:14 GMT
#380
Really do hope that Blizzard will listen to us.

/signed
BW forever!
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5211
Bisu 2216
Soulkey 1509
EffOrt 1062
Jaedong 961
Horang2 706
Mini 516
actioN 412
ZerO 355
Larva 350
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 264
Yoon 113
Mind 105
Sharp 84
Sea.KH 81
Pusan 79
Dewaltoss 70
Shinee 70
hero 68
Snow 63
Hyun 56
Barracks 53
Bale 42
sorry 38
ToSsGirL 36
Sacsri 21
scan(afreeca) 17
Trap 16
NaDa 13
Rock 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Terrorterran 9
Noble 6
zelot 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4787
qojqva2623
Dendi1133
Counter-Strike
fl0m880
Fnx 607
x6flipin5
Other Games
hiko941
B2W.Neo769
Lowko366
crisheroes296
Liquid`RaSZi263
DeMusliM245
XBOCT215
Livibee196
Hui .188
Liquid`VortiX177
QueenE85
Mew2King53
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 58
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
• mYiSmile10
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 19
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV675
League of Legends
• Nemesis2842
• Jankos1858
Other Games
• Shiphtur168
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 30m
Patches Events
1d 1h
The PondCast
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.