• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:22
CEST 06:22
KST 13:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8859 users

Beta Key Self-Nominators - Page 27

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 99 Next
KazKamasa
Profile Joined June 2009
Sweden186 Posts
April 17 2010 16:32 GMT
#521
Thank you fornominate me on the list. =)
"time line? time is not made out of lines it is made out of circles, that is why clocks are round"- Caboose
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 17:11:57
April 17 2010 16:35 GMT
#522
should be interesting, guess i didnt afterall haha
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
love1another
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1844 Posts
April 17 2010 16:36 GMT
#523
This is a hilarious example of game theory at play where the pure strategy nash equilibrium is for everybody not to eliminate themselves. This is hilarious.
"I'm learning more and more that TL isn't the place to go for advice outside of anything you need in college. It's like you guys just make up your own fantasy world shit and post it as if you've done it." - Chill
Derogatory
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands31 Posts
April 17 2010 16:42 GMT
#524
Hahaha, brilliant, just brilliant!

Put your rear in the gear
thezergk
Profile Joined October 2009
United States492 Posts
April 17 2010 16:48 GMT
#525
Does getting a key really matter if you lose your humanity doing it? Remember that people who stay on the list!
Nada vs. TLO Results: "Nada 1 TLO 1 Bnet 2 KESPA 1"
Marke
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden279 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 16:59:08
April 17 2010 16:58 GMT
#526
Humanity? Im a ZERG, and zergs stay on this list.
Det är inte lätt när det är svårt
Whiplash
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2929 Posts
April 17 2010 16:59 GMT
#527
On April 18 2010 01:58 Marke wrote:
Humanity? Im a ZERG, and zergs stay on this list.


nah ur new here and dont know many ppl you should take yourself off
Cinematographer / Steadicam Operator. Former Starcraft commentator/player
Aldehyde
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Sweden939 Posts
April 17 2010 17:05 GMT
#528
I'm sorry, but this time I'll have to be selfish. I wish to remain on the list.
Gokain
Profile Joined April 2010
United States49 Posts
April 17 2010 17:08 GMT
#529
Ironically, the reason I'm so late to noticing this thread is because I was playing SC2 beta at my friend's place until 6AM and just woke up, and not ignorance to the TL threads.

While I give kudos to the social experiment induced [and consequently being able to derive a social commentary from it], a lot of issues should be addressed.

It's true that many of the 1 posters [myself excluded] merely jumped on an opportunity to acquire a key, never to be heard from again. I'm pretty sure this includes a hefty amount of people who downloaded the cracked version and never will support this community in the future. But that's exactly my point. I realize there are people that have been supporting this community since its birth, and others that have been contributing for a very long time. Unfortunately, everyone needs a place to start. I detest the idea of going to a random thread, of a game which I have very limited knowledge of, and then proceeding to spew out random information that may or may not be true. It simply will not help promote a high level of discussion about the game. As a noob at SC, and speaking for others who are like-minded, I would rather be a listener until reaching a point of sufficient expertise to be considered, essentially, worthy to speak.

This is ultimately where a lot of hate falls, but the motivations of people who have not contributed much may be different on an individual level. Some may not care; some may just be looking for chance to win and never contribute again. Others however, may actually be seeking a way to improve themselves until they feel that the information they provide will benefit the community.

My point is this: you have no idea about each of these posters and "self-nominators" until after you see their posts or actions [or lack thereof, for that matter].

Now for who is deserving and who isn't. What does deserving mean to this community? Does it refer to people who have already contributed much to this environment and to the scene? I know that a lot of the veterans on these threads have done a considerable work to shaping the SC/2 scene. Clearly they are "deserving". But could deserving also be referring to those people who possess the potential and drive to be an asset to this community? They haven't done much as of yet, either because they were unfamiliar with TL.net, or because they possessed no valuable information to share with the community. But if they not only want to become better, but consistently make the effort to improve at the game and also try to figure out ways to expand and evolve the SC scene, then could they also be considered deserving?

I am a noob that is part of the group I just described. I want to become better, and regardless of whether I get a key from this competition, I will make the effort to improve and contribute to the scene.

But am I deserving enough to keep my name in this contest? I'll let the community decide. If you guys believe that deserving refers only to those who have already made an impact on the community, then I'll request that my name be taken out. If you believe that deserving also applies to the noobs that want to improve, then let my name stay. Thanks.
ComradeDover
Profile Joined November 2009
Bulgaria758 Posts
April 17 2010 17:08 GMT
#530
On April 18 2010 00:01 Hot_Bid wrote:
...and earn a measure of admiration from your peers. Everyone who has opted out has been received rather well.


Not everyone. >:[
Bring back 2v2s!
arb
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Noobville17922 Posts
April 17 2010 17:09 GMT
#531
On April 18 2010 01:59 Whiplash wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2010 01:58 Marke wrote:
Humanity? Im a ZERG, and zergs stay on this list.


nah ur new here and dont know many ppl you should take yourself off

there really should be a limit on posts required to get this

so many people made new accounts just to try to shit keys and most likely sell them anyway, its really really disgusting..
Artillery spawned from the forges of Hell
cloudJR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States266 Posts
April 17 2010 17:14 GMT
#532
Wow when I noticed your PM about this thread my heart literally stopped lol. I am far from a selfish person but there nothing that I want more right now than a beta key. I mean hell I just got back home from pre-ordering my copy of StarCraft 2 at Game Stop lol. So with that being said, I would like to keep my name in the running for a SC2 beta key. Thanks again and good luck everyone.
All I can hear are thousands of children screaming imbalance.......
Consummate
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia191 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 17:21:11
April 17 2010 17:14 GMT
#533
Hey

I am new to this site, and immediately joined when I saw I could be in the running for a SC2 beta key. I know that sounds kind of selfish, but it is explained below.

In relation to my RTS gaming history:

I played Starcraft when it came out and I was very young so I never understood the mechanics of the game. I loved it and I remember hating Zerg because I was scared of aliens (thank you Alien movies), I never played competitively because I didn't have good internet connection at the time, and I don't think I would have been able to comprehend sophisticated strategies, nor would I have had the micro. I remember always playing Terran simply because of Ghosts, they were my favourite unit by far.

I got into Warcraft 3 as well, and played that competitively for a little while. But again, I was too young to understand intricate strategies and I didn't have the attention span to develop my micro management. I didn't get that good because I quickly became interested in DotA and invested a lot of time into that.

My latest RTS experience is Company of Heroes, where I can proudly announce I got into the top 10 in the world for (though the competition of the game is nothing compared to a game of Starcraft's magnitude). I loved that game, but imbalance ruined the experience for me (the Opposing Fronts expansion brought in the completely imbalanced British and Panzer Elite, and made some fundamental changes to the initial factions that screwed up balance further). Company of Heroes essentially got me very interested in RTS, and it's where I developed the desire to perfect micro management as well as create my own unique strategies.

So now I aim to move onto Starcraft 2, where the competition is much more fierce than Company of Heroes, also because some friends were Warcraft 3 players and told me Starcraft 2 is the next biggest game. Only recently I began watching Starcraft 1 and 2 replays just to see how insane the game is skill-wise compared to other RTS games - and I was very impressed. I noticed quickly that Starcraft 2 is a game I would be very interested in, and would devote a lot of time to becoming a competitive player. I've watched many replays in the Team Liquid competition to (so I suppose I've been a lurker for a week or so), and by far the most entertaining replay I've seen is:



Just that replay alone piqued my interest to the point I began going to a friends house often to watch him play the beta.

Thanks.
lol
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
April 17 2010 17:15 GMT
#534
Haha, Hot-bid is cruel.
mcneebs
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada391 Posts
April 17 2010 17:17 GMT
#535
The main problem here is that the really low post count users don't really care about TL one way or another. If given a chance between a beta key, and never coming on TL again, I'm sure most will take the key.

TL will be around far longer than the beta, and it's full of smart people who are willing to help as long as you put the effort in yourself. Don't shoot yourself in the foot guys.
You do it to yourself. Just you. You and no one else.
d_so
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Korea (South)3262 Posts
April 17 2010 17:19 GMT
#536
i think you all need to stop introducing yourselves to the audience and start interacting with one another. find a way to get organized and convince people to eliminate themselves asap
manner
jgju
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States454 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 17:24:56
April 17 2010 17:19 GMT
#537
On April 18 2010 01:58 Marke wrote:
Humanity? Im a ZERG, and zergs stay on this list.


On April 18 2010 02:05 Aldehyde wrote:
I'm sorry, but this time I'll have to be selfish. I wish to remain on the list.


On April 18 2010 02:08 Gokain wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Ironically, the reason I'm so late to noticing this thread is because I was playing SC2 beta at my friend's place until 6AM and just woke up, and not ignorance to the TL threads.

While I give kudos to the social experiment induced [and consequently being able to derive a social commentary from it], a lot of issues should be addressed.

It's true that many of the 1 posters [myself excluded] merely jumped on an opportunity to acquire a key, never to be heard from again. I'm pretty sure this includes a hefty amount of people who downloaded the cracked version and never will support this community in the future. But that's exactly my point. I realize there are people that have been supporting this community since its birth, and others that have been contributing for a very long time. Unfortunately, everyone needs a place to start. I detest the idea of going to a random thread, of a game which I have very limited knowledge of, and then proceeding to spew out random information that may or may not be true. It simply will not help promote a high level of discussion about the game. As a noob at SC, and speaking for others who are like-minded, I would rather be a listener until reaching a point of sufficient expertise to be considered, essentially, worthy to speak.

This is ultimately where a lot of hate falls, but the motivations of people who have not contributed much may be different on an individual level. Some may not care; some may just be looking for chance to win and never contribute again. Others however, may actually be seeking a way to improve themselves until they feel that the information they provide will benefit the community.

My point is this: you have no idea about each of these posters and "self-nominators" until after you see their posts or actions [or lack thereof, for that matter].

Now for who is deserving and who isn't. What does deserving mean to this community? Does it refer to people who have already contributed much to this environment and to the scene? I know that a lot of the veterans on these threads have done a considerable work to shaping the SC/2 scene. Clearly they are "deserving". But could deserving also be referring to those people who possess the potential and drive to be an asset to this community? They haven't done much as of yet, either because they were unfamiliar with TL.net, or because they possessed no valuable information to share with the community. But if they not only want to become better, but consistently make the effort to improve at the game and also try to figure out ways to expand and evolve the SC scene, then could they also be considered deserving?

I am a noob that is part of the group I just described. I want to become better, and regardless of whether I get a key from this competition, I will make the effort to improve and contribute to the scene.

But am I deserving enough to keep my name in this contest? I'll let the community decide. If you guys believe that deserving refers only to those who have already made an impact on the community, then I'll request that my name be taken out. If you believe that deserving also applies to the noobs that want to improve, then let my name stay. Thanks.


On April 18 2010 02:14 cloudJR wrote:
Wow when I noticed your PM about this thread my heart literally stopped lol. I am far from a selfish person but there nothing that I want more right now than a beta key. I mean hell I just got back home from pre-ordering my copy of StarCraft 2 at Game Stop lol. So with that being said, I would like to keep my name in the running for a SC2 beta key. Thanks again and good luck everyone.


On April 18 2010 02:14 Consummate wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Hey

I am new to this site, and immediately joined when I saw I could be in the running for a SC2 beta key. I know that sounds kind of selfish, but it is explained below.

In relation to my RTS gaming history:

I played Starcraft when it came out and I was very young so I never understood the mechanics of the game. I loved it and I remember hating Zerg because I was scared of aliens (thank you Alien movies), I never played competitively because I didn't have good internet connection at the time, and I don't think I would have been able to comprehend sophisticated strategies, nor would I have had the micro. I remember always playing Terran simply because of Ghosts, they were my favourite unit by far.

I got into Warcraft 3 as well, and played that competitively for a little while. But again, I was too young to understand intricate strategies and I didn't have the attention span to develop my micro management. I didn't get that good because I quickly became interested in DotA and invested a lot of time into that.

My latest RTS experience is Company of Heroes, where I can proudly announce I got into the top 10 in the world for (though the competition of the game is nothing compared to a game of Starcraft's magnitude). I loved that game, but imbalance ruined the experience for me (the Opposing Fronts expansion brought in the completely imbalanced British and Panzer Elite, and made some fundamental changes to the initial factions that screwed up balance further). Company of Heroes essentially got me very interested in RTS, and it's where I developed the desire to perfect micro management as well as create my own unique strategies.

So now I aim to move onto Starcraft 2, where the competition is much more fierce than Company of Heroes, also because some friends were Warcraft 3 players and told me Starcraft 2 is the next biggest game. Only recently I began watching Starcraft 1 and 2 replays just to see how insane the game is skill-wise compared to other RTS games - and I was very impressed. I noticed quickly that Starcraft 2 is a game I would be very interested in, and would devote a lot of time to becoming a competitive player.

Thanks.


Every single one of these guys has either 1 or 2 posts. What a fascinating social experiment this is turning into.

edit: I'm not trying to sound smug because I'm obviously a newbie poster too, it's just interesting how the longer people are on TL, the more likely they are to support the community by dropping out- goes to show how strong of a community TL really is.
"For you biting zealots, here's a quote" - Lauryn Hill
Pholon
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands6142 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 17:21:21
April 17 2010 17:20 GMT
#538
On April 18 2010 02:08 Gokain wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Ironically, the reason I'm so late to noticing this thread is because I was playing SC2 beta at my friend's place until 6AM and just woke up, and not ignorance to the TL threads.

While I give kudos to the social experiment induced [and consequently being able to derive a social commentary from it], a lot of issues should be addressed.

It's true that many of the 1 posters [myself excluded] merely jumped on an opportunity to acquire a key, never to be heard from again. I'm pretty sure this includes a hefty amount of people who downloaded the cracked version and never will support this community in the future. But that's exactly my point. I realize there are people that have been supporting this community since its birth, and others that have been contributing for a very long time. Unfortunately, everyone needs a place to start. I detest the idea of going to a random thread, of a game which I have very limited knowledge of, and then proceeding to spew out random information that may or may not be true. It simply will not help promote a high level of discussion about the game. As a noob at SC, and speaking for others who are like-minded, I would rather be a listener until reaching a point of sufficient expertise to be considered, essentially, worthy to speak.

This is ultimately where a lot of hate falls, but the motivations of people who have not contributed much may be different on an individual level. Some may not care; some may just be looking for chance to win and never contribute again. Others however, may actually be seeking a way to improve themselves until they feel that the information they provide will benefit the community.

My point is this: you have no idea about each of these posters and "self-nominators" until after you see their posts or actions [or lack thereof, for that matter].

Now for who is deserving and who isn't. What does deserving mean to this community? Does it refer to people who have already contributed much to this environment and to the scene? I know that a lot of the veterans on these threads have done a considerable work to shaping the SC/2 scene. Clearly they are "deserving". But could deserving also be referring to those people who possess the potential and drive to be an asset to this community? They haven't done much as of yet, either because they were unfamiliar with TL.net, or because they possessed no valuable information to share with the community. But if they not only want to become better, but consistently make the effort to improve at the game and also try to figure out ways to expand and evolve the SC scene, then could they also be considered deserving?

I am a noob that is part of the group I just described. I want to become better, and regardless of whether I get a key from this competition, I will make the effort to improve and contribute to the scene.

But am I deserving enough to keep my name in this contest? I'll let the community decide. If you guys believe that deserving refers only to those who have already made an impact on the community, then I'll request that my name be taken out. If you believe that deserving also applies to the noobs that want to improve, then let my name stay. Thanks.


Do you yourself feel you're deserving? You're trying to play the dunno-how-to-contribute card but that's such bullshit. In stead of seeing this as a way to get a key so you can contribute you should be thinking to yourself "gosh, there's a bunch of people that get nominated because they contributed without a key, I should contribute and strive to one day be one of those people."
Moderator@TLPholon // "I need a third hand to facepalm right now"
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
April 17 2010 17:20 GMT
#539
On April 18 2010 02:17 mcneebs wrote:
The main problem here is that the really low post count users don't really care about TL one way or another. If given a chance between a beta key, and never coming on TL again, I'm sure most will take the key.

TL will be around far longer than the beta, and it's full of smart people who are willing to help as long as you put the effort in yourself. Don't shoot yourself in the foot guys.


apparently not since about 70% of the people are still in it lol
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
d_so
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Korea (South)3262 Posts
April 17 2010 17:23 GMT
#540
On April 18 2010 02:19 jgju wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2010 01:58 Marke wrote:
Humanity? Im a ZERG, and zergs stay on this list.


Show nested quote +
On April 18 2010 02:05 Aldehyde wrote:
I'm sorry, but this time I'll have to be selfish. I wish to remain on the list.


Show nested quote +
On April 18 2010 02:08 Gokain wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Ironically, the reason I'm so late to noticing this thread is because I was playing SC2 beta at my friend's place until 6AM and just woke up, and not ignorance to the TL threads.

While I give kudos to the social experiment induced [and consequently being able to derive a social commentary from it], a lot of issues should be addressed.

It's true that many of the 1 posters [myself excluded] merely jumped on an opportunity to acquire a key, never to be heard from again. I'm pretty sure this includes a hefty amount of people who downloaded the cracked version and never will support this community in the future. But that's exactly my point. I realize there are people that have been supporting this community since its birth, and others that have been contributing for a very long time. Unfortunately, everyone needs a place to start. I detest the idea of going to a random thread, of a game which I have very limited knowledge of, and then proceeding to spew out random information that may or may not be true. It simply will not help promote a high level of discussion about the game. As a noob at SC, and speaking for others who are like-minded, I would rather be a listener until reaching a point of sufficient expertise to be considered, essentially, worthy to speak.

This is ultimately where a lot of hate falls, but the motivations of people who have not contributed much may be different on an individual level. Some may not care; some may just be looking for chance to win and never contribute again. Others however, may actually be seeking a way to improve themselves until they feel that the information they provide will benefit the community.

My point is this: you have no idea about each of these posters and "self-nominators" until after you see their posts or actions [or lack thereof, for that matter].

Now for who is deserving and who isn't. What does deserving mean to this community? Does it refer to people who have already contributed much to this environment and to the scene? I know that a lot of the veterans on these threads have done a considerable work to shaping the SC/2 scene. Clearly they are "deserving". But could deserving also be referring to those people who possess the potential and drive to be an asset to this community? They haven't done much as of yet, either because they were unfamiliar with TL.net, or because they possessed no valuable information to share with the community. But if they not only want to become better, but consistently make the effort to improve at the game and also try to figure out ways to expand and evolve the SC scene, then could they also be considered deserving?

I am a noob that is part of the group I just described. I want to become better, and regardless of whether I get a key from this competition, I will make the effort to improve and contribute to the scene.

But am I deserving enough to keep my name in this contest? I'll let the community decide. If you guys believe that deserving refers only to those who have already made an impact on the community, then I'll request that my name be taken out. If you believe that deserving also applies to the noobs that want to improve, then let my name stay. Thanks.


Show nested quote +
On April 18 2010 02:14 cloudJR wrote:
Wow when I noticed your PM about this thread my heart literally stopped lol. I am far from a selfish person but there nothing that I want more right now than a beta key. I mean hell I just got back home from pre-ordering my copy of StarCraft 2 at Game Stop lol. So with that being said, I would like to keep my name in the running for a SC2 beta key. Thanks again and good luck everyone.


Show nested quote +
On April 18 2010 02:14 Consummate wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Hey

I am new to this site, and immediately joined when I saw I could be in the running for a SC2 beta key. I know that sounds kind of selfish, but it is explained below.

In relation to my RTS gaming history:

I played Starcraft when it came out and I was very young so I never understood the mechanics of the game. I loved it and I remember hating Zerg because I was scared of aliens (thank you Alien movies), I never played competitively because I didn't have good internet connection at the time, and I don't think I would have been able to comprehend sophisticated strategies, nor would I have had the micro. I remember always playing Terran simply because of Ghosts, they were my favourite unit by far.

I got into Warcraft 3 as well, and played that competitively for a little while. But again, I was too young to understand intricate strategies and I didn't have the attention span to develop my micro management. I didn't get that good because I quickly became interested in DotA and invested a lot of time into that.

My latest RTS experience is Company of Heroes, where I can proudly announce I got into the top 10 in the world for (though the competition of the game is nothing compared to a game of Starcraft's magnitude). I loved that game, but imbalance ruined the experience for me (the Opposing Fronts expansion brought in the completely imbalanced British and Panzer Elite, and made some fundamental changes to the initial factions that screwed up balance further). Company of Heroes essentially got me very interested in RTS, and it's where I developed the desire to perfect micro management as well as create my own unique strategies.

So now I aim to move onto Starcraft 2, where the competition is much more fierce than Company of Heroes, also because some friends were Warcraft 3 players and told me Starcraft 2 is the next biggest game. Only recently I began watching Starcraft 1 and 2 replays just to see how insane the game is skill-wise compared to other RTS games - and I was very impressed. I noticed quickly that Starcraft 2 is a game I would be very interested in, and would devote a lot of time to becoming a competitive player.

Thanks.


What a fascinating social experiment this is turning into.



not really cuz they're still not conversing with one another, they're all soliloquizing to the audience.
manner
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 99 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 190
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1491
910 89
NotJumperer 74
Bale 35
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
Noble 8
Britney 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm173
febbydoto16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox399
Mew2King91
Other Games
summit1g8037
Coldzera 734
JimRising 637
C9.Mang0332
WinterStarcraft331
PiGStarcraft280
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1013
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter149
• practicex 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota237
League of Legends
• Lourlo979
• Rush789
• Stunt179
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 38m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
6h 38m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
19h 38m
Patches Events
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.