• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:59
CEST 15:59
KST 22:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9465 users

Get every single outmatched achievement w/o skill - Page 8

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 HotS
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
Mithriel
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands2969 Posts
March 13 2011 17:49 GMT
#141
Thanks a lot!!!

Took me 30minutes and got all the achievements done first go. As you described have around 21 probes on each Nexus, use 2 probes to run around after Lava surge came. And its really not a problem at all.
There is no shame in defeat so long as the spirit is unconquered. | Cheering for Maru, Innovation and MMA!
GreatFall
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1061 Posts
March 13 2011 23:20 GMT
#142
On March 13 2011 23:19 Iyerbeth wrote:
Trying this at the moment and there doesn't seem to be a way to make any team more than 2 players big anymore unless I'm missing something.



Hi Iyerbeth, I explain how to do that at the bottom of my original post.
Inventor of the 'Burning Tide' technique to quickly getting Outmatched Crusher achivement :D
Falcon-sw
Profile Joined September 2010
United States324 Posts
March 14 2011 02:59 GMT
#143
When I'm setting up the game, I have four computers on one team and me on one team.

But when the game starts, I suddenly have one of the AI's on my team, vs. three AI's on the other team.

What am I doing wrong?
https://www.youtube.com/FalconPaladin https://twitch.tv/falconpaladin
GreatFall
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1061 Posts
March 14 2011 03:48 GMT
#144
On March 14 2011 11:59 Falcon-sw wrote:
When I'm setting up the game, I have four computers on one team and me on one team.

But when the game starts, I suddenly have one of the AI's on my team, vs. three AI's on the other team.

What am I doing wrong?


You're doing nothing wrong. It appears as though the computer is on your team, but in reality he is not on your team. For example, you and a computer may be on 'north team' but that doesn't mean the computer is actually on your team. If you win the game you still get the win vs. 4 comps. Hope this helps.
Inventor of the 'Burning Tide' technique to quickly getting Outmatched Crusher achivement :D
Falcon-sw
Profile Joined September 2010
United States324 Posts
March 14 2011 04:13 GMT
#145
Awesome, thanks. I just didn't want to waste 30 minutes and not get the achieve.
https://www.youtube.com/FalconPaladin https://twitch.tv/falconpaladin
hassook
Profile Joined November 2010
United Arab Emirates16 Posts
March 25 2011 19:13 GMT
#146
just wondering, i patch 3 i couldnt make the game as custom to make the AI as insane, is me or everyone else? because if thats the case then this strategy is no valid anymore
GreatFall
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1061 Posts
March 26 2011 08:29 GMT
#147
On March 26 2011 04:13 hassook wrote:
just wondering, i patch 3 i couldnt make the game as custom to make the AI as insane, is me or everyone else? because if thats the case then this strategy is no valid anymore


Hmmm, I just tried it again and it still works. Go to multiplayer, then create game, select burning tide map, then change 'category:' from 'melee' to 'custom' then add your computers and change the difficulty. Should still work.
Inventor of the 'Burning Tide' technique to quickly getting Outmatched Crusher achivement :D
tritonice
Profile Joined November 2010
United States119 Posts
March 30 2011 02:37 GMT
#148
I did it tonight (v 1.3) and it works. The 1v3 is the toughest. It took me 3 tries. I tried the protoss twice, and then gave up and used Terran. Built 5 OC's and muled. I barely beat it with about 65 SCV's and mules.
ProbeRusher
Profile Joined March 2011
United States86 Posts
April 10 2011 00:51 GMT
#149
Works great
Euronyme
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden3804 Posts
April 10 2011 19:40 GMT
#150
On March 30 2011 11:37 tritonice wrote:
I did it tonight (v 1.3) and it works. The 1v3 is the toughest. It took me 3 tries. I tried the protoss twice, and then gave up and used Terran. Built 5 OC's and muled. I barely beat it with about 65 SCV's and mules.


You don't have to do the 1v3 against insane as there's no achievement for that. Do it 1v2 vs insane and 1v3 and 1v4 against Very Hard for all the tricky achievements.
I did it as protoss with a fast double expand. Won by like 5k both times so it's really ezpz.
Still works as of april 10th.
I bet i can maı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨̨̨̨̨̨ke you wipe your screen.
bwbloody
Profile Joined April 2011
5 Posts
April 11 2011 11:37 GMT
#151
Works as a charm! thanks!
dicey
Profile Joined November 2010
142 Posts
December 06 2011 01:14 GMT
#152
Still works at the moment, both 1v3 and 1v4 very hard. Sorry for the necro. but seeing it as an update.
Grovbolle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark3815 Posts
December 06 2011 08:47 GMT
#153
Or you could just cannonrush?
I know this thing works, just kind of, well, cheat'ish :D
Lies, damned lies and statistics: http://aligulac.com
GreatFall
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1061 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-06 18:08:15
December 06 2011 18:04 GMT
#154
On December 06 2011 10:14 dicey wrote:
Still works at the moment, both 1v3 and 1v4 very hard. Sorry for the necro. but seeing it as an update.



Thanks dicey, I wanted to update the main post with updates; however, I think since it is now an 'old post' I can't edit the main post. The 'edit' button is not available anymore. It's good to see that it still works though!
Inventor of the 'Burning Tide' technique to quickly getting Outmatched Crusher achivement :D
Idianci13
Profile Joined May 2011
United States39 Posts
December 07 2011 06:43 GMT
#155
You can also do 1v1 Insane Ai like this to get your 100 Insane AI wins. It's what I did, figured it'd be faster than doing 40 minute games where I have a decent chance of losing :D
I'm only here to help you. But I really don't want to.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
December 07 2011 15:32 GMT
#156
On December 07 2011 15:43 Idianci13 wrote:
You can also do 1v1 Insane Ai like this to get your 100 Insane AI wins. It's what I did, figured it'd be faster than doing 40 minute games where I have a decent chance of losing :D

Dude... You can easily cheese the Insane AI and get under 6 minute wins with each race.
8 pool
cannon rush
proxy rax + bunkers
I had a good night of sleep.
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
December 08 2011 00:14 GMT
#157
sweet, gonna try this
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
Grovbolle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark3815 Posts
December 09 2011 09:44 GMT
#158
On December 07 2011 15:43 Idianci13 wrote:
You can also do 1v1 Insane Ai like this to get your 100 Insane AI wins. It's what I did, figured it'd be faster than doing 40 minute games where I have a decent chance of losing :D



http://www.youtube.com/user/ScottishMoo

This is a good channel for different fast ways to grind achievements
Lies, damned lies and statistics: http://aligulac.com
Zmile
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden2 Posts
December 09 2011 11:10 GMT
#159
I followed your guide. Got the achievements. Now I feel dirty...
Genji
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada16 Posts
December 31 2011 19:08 GMT
#160
Just an update,
As of December 31st 2011, the Burning Tide method still works.
Thanks for the guide!
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Classic vs herO
IntoTheiNu 828
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
CosmosSc2 40
Railgan 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 52729
Shuttle 7698
FanTaSy 1780
BeSt 563
Horang2 500
EffOrt 232
Soma 150
Last 127
Sexy 116
Pusan 115
[ Show more ]
Zeus 106
Mind 92
ggaemo 85
Hyun 77
hero 73
Sea.KH 69
Aegong 54
Killer 53
Snow 42
ToSsGirL 35
Bale 29
PianO 28
NaDa 19
JYJ 17
zelot 14
Rock 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Sacsri 8
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3524
qojqva2003
Dendi1231
XcaliburYe259
420jenkins143
Counter-Strike
fl0m3747
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor817
Liquid`Hasu657
Other Games
B2W.Neo860
Beastyqt562
byalli404
Mlord393
Livibee219
Hui .180
ArmadaUGS101
Mew2King70
QueenE51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick739
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream58
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3574
Other Games
• WagamamaTV80
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
1h 1m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 1m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 1m
Replay Cast
9h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 1m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
21h 1m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 21h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.