• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:51
CEST 01:51
KST 08:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8408 users

2014 Winter Olympics Sochi - Page 78

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 76 77 78 79 80 84 Next
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
February 22 2014 10:45 GMT
#1541
On February 22 2014 19:41 AsnSensation wrote:
SK must be kicking themselves for losing Ahn Hyun Soo

LOL, didn't know that story. Just checked wiki. Very funny, bad choice by SK. ^^

Good job by the ladies of Norway. Total domination!
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-22 10:48:27
February 22 2014 10:47 GMT
#1542
Norway so much hacks in Cross Country

I wonder what the Olympics would look like if all the countries could vote to ban each other from participating in one sport.

- No Hockey for Canada
- No Long Track for the Netherlands
- No Figure Skating for Russia
- No Cross Country Skiing for Norway
- No Alpine Skiing for Austria
- No Luge for Germany
- Etc.
靈魂交響曲
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-22 10:52:38
February 22 2014 10:50 GMT
#1543
Lol, not so bad for most countries. Except for Netherlands and maybe Norway. :D
Austria didn't win that much this time anyway. We (Germany) won most stuff at Luge, but that might be changing next time, we were pretty bad in general this time (won a lot gold but not much otherwise). Hockey has not many medals. You could just remove Curling and would damage Canada pretty similarly etc.
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18759 Posts
February 22 2014 10:51 GMT
#1544
On February 22 2014 19:47 Fishball wrote:
Norway so much hacks in Cross Country

I wonder what the Olympics would look like if all the countries could vote to ban each other from participating in one sport.

- No Hockey for Canada
- No Long Track for the Netherlands
- No Figure Skating for Russia
- No Cross Country Skiing for Norway
- No Alpine Skiing for Austria
- No Luge for Germany
- Etc.


we haven't been dominating alpine skiing for 8 years now :p
DaCruise
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark2457 Posts
February 22 2014 10:59 GMT
#1545
Everything back to normal for the womens cross country with a boring race and a 100% predictable outcome. Please gif individual starts on the 30k!
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
February 22 2014 11:00 GMT
#1546
Haha, I'm sure if we dwell on this idea enough, we can work something out.
Like banning three entries of whatever sport for every country, etc etc.
I have too much imagination.
靈魂交響曲
Otolia
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
France5805 Posts
February 22 2014 11:07 GMT
#1547
Excellent results for the french ladies in the 30km cross-country with the 6th and the 7th place.
RvB
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands6322 Posts
February 22 2014 11:34 GMT
#1548
On February 22 2014 19:47 Fishball wrote:
Norway so much hacks in Cross Country

I wonder what the Olympics would look like if all the countries could vote to ban each other from participating in one sport.

- No Hockey for Canada
- No Long Track for the Netherlands
- No Figure Skating for Russia
- No Cross Country Skiing for Norway
- No Alpine Skiing for Austria
- No Luge for Germany
- Etc.

We'd skip the winter olympics
zerglyn
Profile Joined August 2011
Norway19 Posts
February 22 2014 11:39 GMT
#1549
On February 22 2014 20:00 Fishball wrote:
Haha, I'm sure if we dwell on this idea enough, we can work something out.
Like banning three entries of whatever sport for every country, etc etc.
I have too much imagination.

I don't see how it could be done, it would simply be too cruel against the individual athletes that got banned. Imagine training for ten years for the olympics and then get the message. Nope, you're too good. You don't get to participate because some other country put you on their banlist.
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18759 Posts
February 22 2014 11:45 GMT
#1550
On February 22 2014 20:39 zerglyn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2014 20:00 Fishball wrote:
Haha, I'm sure if we dwell on this idea enough, we can work something out.
Like banning three entries of whatever sport for every country, etc etc.
I have too much imagination.

I don't see how it could be done, it would simply be too cruel against the individual athletes that got banned. Imagine training for ten years for the olympics and then get the message. Nope, you're too good. You don't get to participate because some other country put you on their banlist.


summer Olympics are doing that all the time lol
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
February 22 2014 11:46 GMT
#1551
On February 22 2014 20:39 zerglyn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2014 20:00 Fishball wrote:
Haha, I'm sure if we dwell on this idea enough, we can work something out.
Like banning three entries of whatever sport for every country, etc etc.
I have too much imagination.

I don't see how it could be done, it would simply be too cruel against the individual athletes that got banned. Imagine training for ten years for the olympics and then get the message. Nope, you're too good. You don't get to participate because some other country put you on their banlist.


Of course, it's never going to be done. I would be terrified if it's reality o.O
I'm just fantasizing how the results would shape up if things were a tad different.
All in all, I wish one day would come that all countries would be on par with each other in every sport at the highest level.
I suppose that would just be another fantasy.
靈魂交響曲
Maenander
Profile Joined November 2002
Germany4927 Posts
February 22 2014 11:58 GMT
#1552
Amelie Kober wins Bronze in Parallel Slalom with her arm in a cast, that was quite amazing really.
She couldn't even lift her left arm to celebrate lol.
Otolia
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
France5805 Posts
February 22 2014 11:59 GMT
#1553
On February 22 2014 20:46 Fishball wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2014 20:39 zerglyn wrote:
On February 22 2014 20:00 Fishball wrote:
Haha, I'm sure if we dwell on this idea enough, we can work something out.
Like banning three entries of whatever sport for every country, etc etc.
I have too much imagination.

I don't see how it could be done, it would simply be too cruel against the individual athletes that got banned. Imagine training for ten years for the olympics and then get the message. Nope, you're too good. You don't get to participate because some other country put you on their banlist.


Of course, it's never going to be done. I would be terrified if it's reality o.O
I'm just fantasizing how the results would shape up if things were a tad different.
All in all, I wish one day would come that all countries would be on par with each other in every sport at the highest level.
I suppose that would just be another fantasy.

It's fairly easy actually, just discover enough oil to be rich and start paying athletes, building training facilities etc etc. Norway isn't the best nordic country for Winter Sports because they are superior physically, it's because they have the tradition and the money.
Elurie
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
4716 Posts
February 22 2014 12:00 GMT
#1554
On February 22 2014 19:47 Fishball wrote:
Norway so much hacks in Cross Country

I wonder what the Olympics would look like if all the countries could vote to ban each other from participating in one sport.

- No Hockey for Canada
- No Long Track for the Netherlands
- No Figure Skating for Russia
- No Cross Country Skiing for Norway
- No Alpine Skiing for Austria
- No Luge for Germany
- Etc.


Oh I LOVE this! Where do I sign up for Captain's Mode olympics?
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
February 22 2014 12:01 GMT
#1555
Is there a site where you can watch vods for certain events? I think everything on youtube gets removed almost instantly
Maenander
Profile Joined November 2002
Germany4927 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-22 12:03:58
February 22 2014 12:03 GMT
#1556
On February 22 2014 20:59 Otolia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2014 20:46 Fishball wrote:
On February 22 2014 20:39 zerglyn wrote:
On February 22 2014 20:00 Fishball wrote:
Haha, I'm sure if we dwell on this idea enough, we can work something out.
Like banning three entries of whatever sport for every country, etc etc.
I have too much imagination.

I don't see how it could be done, it would simply be too cruel against the individual athletes that got banned. Imagine training for ten years for the olympics and then get the message. Nope, you're too good. You don't get to participate because some other country put you on their banlist.


Of course, it's never going to be done. I would be terrified if it's reality o.O
I'm just fantasizing how the results would shape up if things were a tad different.
All in all, I wish one day would come that all countries would be on par with each other in every sport at the highest level.
I suppose that would just be another fantasy.

It's fairly easy actually, just discover enough oil to be rich and start paying athletes, building training facilities etc etc. Norway isn't the best nordic country for Winter Sports because they are superior physically, it's because they have the tradition and the money.

Norway also has an amazing culture of cross country skiing, with an unbelievable number of participants and spectators at major events. Oil money isn't the main aspect really.
Anlo
Profile Joined December 2013
Sweden485 Posts
February 22 2014 12:06 GMT
#1557
On February 22 2014 19:47 Fishball wrote:
Norway so much hacks in Cross Country

I wonder what the Olympics would look like if all the countries could vote to ban each other from participating in one sport.

- No Hockey for Canada
- No Long Track for the Netherlands
- No Figure Skating for Russia
- No Cross Country Skiing for Norway
- No Alpine Skiing for Austria
- No Luge for Germany
- Etc.


Don't be silly, not like we would ban you from a sport that gives out ONE medal. Would probably remove your country from the snowboard or freestyle events.

+ Show Spoiler +
Not like you're going to win the hockey anyways!
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!
Liquid`Drone
Profile Joined September 2002
Norway28900 Posts
February 22 2014 12:25 GMT
#1558
On February 22 2014 21:03 Maenander wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2014 20:59 Otolia wrote:
On February 22 2014 20:46 Fishball wrote:
On February 22 2014 20:39 zerglyn wrote:
On February 22 2014 20:00 Fishball wrote:
Haha, I'm sure if we dwell on this idea enough, we can work something out.
Like banning three entries of whatever sport for every country, etc etc.
I have too much imagination.

I don't see how it could be done, it would simply be too cruel against the individual athletes that got banned. Imagine training for ten years for the olympics and then get the message. Nope, you're too good. You don't get to participate because some other country put you on their banlist.


Of course, it's never going to be done. I would be terrified if it's reality o.O
I'm just fantasizing how the results would shape up if things were a tad different.
All in all, I wish one day would come that all countries would be on par with each other in every sport at the highest level.
I suppose that would just be another fantasy.

It's fairly easy actually, just discover enough oil to be rich and start paying athletes, building training facilities etc etc. Norway isn't the best nordic country for Winter Sports because they are superior physically, it's because they have the tradition and the money.

Norway also has an amazing culture of cross country skiing, with an unbelievable number of participants and spectators at major events. Oil money isn't the main aspect really.


Yep.

Petter Northug, who in my opinion has been the second best male cross country skier (behind dario cologna) for the past 4-5 years (even if this olympics was a failure for him) ended up in I think it was 68th place in the Norwegian championship earlier this year. Granted, he generally doesn't try very hard when he doesn't feel like he can win, but still.. He's never placed that poorly in a world cup race.

I read earlier this year that 60% of all Norwegians have gone cross country skiing the past year.. When I go cross country skiing on sundays, I literally see thousands of people who are doing the same - in a city with 170k inhabitants. Like 25-30% of Norway watches the relay events.. Oil money can explain some of the success whenever we're dominating because of technical advantage, but this year our skis have been worse than average and actually cost us some medals. Netherlands is the best at speed skating because of tradition, and Norway's success at cross country skiing is explained in the same way.
Moderator
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
February 22 2014 12:54 GMT
#1559
On February 22 2014 20:34 RvB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2014 19:47 Fishball wrote:
Norway so much hacks in Cross Country

I wonder what the Olympics would look like if all the countries could vote to ban each other from participating in one sport.

- No Hockey for Canada
- No Long Track for the Netherlands
- No Figure Skating for Russia
- No Cross Country Skiing for Norway
- No Alpine Skiing for Austria
- No Luge for Germany
- Etc.

We'd skip the winter olympics

Someone on Canadian TV mentioned that The Netherlands has 107 Winter Olympic medals and 98 of them are in Speed Skating. That is insane. Your fans of the sport are fanatical and at every event too!

In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
Otolia
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
France5805 Posts
February 22 2014 13:09 GMT
#1560
On February 22 2014 21:03 Maenander wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 22 2014 20:59 Otolia wrote:
On February 22 2014 20:46 Fishball wrote:
On February 22 2014 20:39 zerglyn wrote:
On February 22 2014 20:00 Fishball wrote:
Haha, I'm sure if we dwell on this idea enough, we can work something out.
Like banning three entries of whatever sport for every country, etc etc.
I have too much imagination.

I don't see how it could be done, it would simply be too cruel against the individual athletes that got banned. Imagine training for ten years for the olympics and then get the message. Nope, you're too good. You don't get to participate because some other country put you on their banlist.


Of course, it's never going to be done. I would be terrified if it's reality o.O
I'm just fantasizing how the results would shape up if things were a tad different.
All in all, I wish one day would come that all countries would be on par with each other in every sport at the highest level.
I suppose that would just be another fantasy.

It's fairly easy actually, just discover enough oil to be rich and start paying athletes, building training facilities etc etc. Norway isn't the best nordic country for Winter Sports because they are superior physically, it's because they have the tradition and the money.

Norway also has an amazing culture of cross country skiing, with an unbelievable number of participants and spectators at major events. Oil money isn't the main aspect really.

Allow me to quote myself :
it's because they have the tradition and the money.


Finland has extraordinary traditions in Winter Sports too. Now it's a nation barely relevant because they don't put the money. If you wanted to prove that money doesn't do everything despite the tradition, there is the German Biathlon ... It's a combination of both factors.
Prev 1 76 77 78 79 80 84 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 162
Vindicta 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10065
Rain 653
Artosis 471
Bale 16
League of Legends
Doublelift4112
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox634
Mew2King512
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor995
Other Games
summit1g9938
shahzam698
JimRising 563
Day[9].tv529
PiGStarcraft177
C9.Mang096
ArmadaUGS95
NeuroSwarm68
ViBE54
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV180
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 80
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 43
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie748
• Scarra564
• Day9tv529
• Shiphtur188
Upcoming Events
OSC
9m
CranKy Ducklings0
Stellar Fest
13h 9m
OSC
22h 9m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 10h
Online Event
1d 11h
FEL
1d 16h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.