• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:10
CEST 22:10
KST 05:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8090 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 634

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 632 633 634 635 636 730 Next
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-10 08:35:42
October 10 2011 08:34 GMT
#12661
On October 10 2011 01:46 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2011 10:07 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
On October 09 2011 07:21 eshlow wrote:
Think of spreading the floor with your feet when you squat. That will help keep the knees out and not collapsing in.


Quick question:

My feet point outwards, and have my whole life. When I squat, it is physically impossible for my knees to track over my toes as a result, not because it's tight or difficult, but because I would have to actually break my ankle to make it happen.

It's basically that, where when someone normally does squats their knees and toes point forwards, my knees point forwards and toes point outwards, but with absolutely no discomfort. I've walked like this my whole life, tried physio and whatnot, and basically been told that I'd need to get my ankles broken and re-set to fix it.

Have you ever encountered/heard of anything like this? I always get told that my *insert muscle here* is overtight and causing my feet to turn out, but doing the stretches and whatever prescribed over years haven't changed much of anything. My hip flexors are tight and I'm working to improve that, as well as 'opening up' my hips more at the bottom of squats so I can sit lower.


Is this because of your ankles pointing out (e.g. your feet are very flat) or because you have valgus knees/knock knees or very tight hips, or what?

There may be a lot of different factors involved, but obviously keep them over your feet as much as possible... or at least in a straight line where they don't collapse in.

Knees collapsing in is one of the worst movement patterns you can teach yourself.


According to wiki, knock knees are when your knees touch when your legs are straightened; mine don't, they point straight forwards. Also, I'm not flat-footed at all...my knees point forward normally, but my toes are rotated out at about a 20-30 degree angle.

I also assumed that having tight hips would have a) been caught by a doctor/physio and b) caused my entire leg to rotate outwards, not just the foot. I may be wrong on the second point though.
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
October 10 2011 09:57 GMT
#12662
failed 130kg squat again today (4-3-4). aaaaaargh!! gonna try again on friday. last chance!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
jjhchsc2
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)2393 Posts
October 10 2011 10:53 GMT
#12663
On September 13 2011 14:05 jjhchsc2 wrote:
Name/nick: jj
Age: 16 || Height: 171cm 5feet 7inch || Weight: 137lbs/63kg
Starting Date: 13/9/11 || Goal Date: 13/12/11
Weight goals -- right now i am 63 kg with about 13%bf i think.
goal- 65kg with 9% bf
Training goals -- broader shoulders,handstand for 15-20 seconds and good lower body strength to L-sit and to do pole freezes.
current lifts.
Bar dips 3x5
chinups 1-1-1-2-2
Vertical knee raises with 5 kg 12-12-12

Nutrition goals -- Get enough protein everyday, abs and good health.
Misc goals -- gold--->high diamond or master league terran.
Better and faster at basketball


almost one month~~~progress

right now 66-68kg/146lb
dips-6-6-6 with 10.5kgs/24lb
chinups-2-3-3 (gained 3-5kilos so meh)
working on the L-sit and HIIT

I reckon could of added more if i knew better technique earlier on dips and had more protein in my diet.
cbf sc2 coz of high bonus pool and ladder lock in like a few hours?
Lee Ssang/ Lee Shin/ Kim Jung Woo/ Kim Min Chul/Jun Tae Yang/Park Soo Ho/Lee Jung Hoon/Choi Sung Hoon/ Moon Sung Won/Park Ji Soo/ Lee Ho Joon/ Jang Min Chul/ Kim Seung Chul/SaSe/IdrA/Ret Fighting! BW4Life
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-10 12:34:02
October 10 2011 12:29 GMT
#12664
On October 10 2011 12:43 Anabolicqt wrote:
Gonna start doing weighted dips and pullups. What do you guys suggest for a durable belt that can hold a decent amount of weights?


I use this and have loaded 100 lbs onto it. Check my youtube if you wanna see it in action

On October 10 2011 13:38 Release wrote:
How many chin-ups should i be able to do before i add weight?


About 8-10. 3x8 or 3x10 then add weight at 3x5 works well.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
October 10 2011 12:29 GMT
#12665
On October 10 2011 17:34 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2011 01:46 eshlow wrote:
On October 09 2011 10:07 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
On October 09 2011 07:21 eshlow wrote:
Think of spreading the floor with your feet when you squat. That will help keep the knees out and not collapsing in.


Quick question:

My feet point outwards, and have my whole life. When I squat, it is physically impossible for my knees to track over my toes as a result, not because it's tight or difficult, but because I would have to actually break my ankle to make it happen.

It's basically that, where when someone normally does squats their knees and toes point forwards, my knees point forwards and toes point outwards, but with absolutely no discomfort. I've walked like this my whole life, tried physio and whatnot, and basically been told that I'd need to get my ankles broken and re-set to fix it.

Have you ever encountered/heard of anything like this? I always get told that my *insert muscle here* is overtight and causing my feet to turn out, but doing the stretches and whatever prescribed over years haven't changed much of anything. My hip flexors are tight and I'm working to improve that, as well as 'opening up' my hips more at the bottom of squats so I can sit lower.


Is this because of your ankles pointing out (e.g. your feet are very flat) or because you have valgus knees/knock knees or very tight hips, or what?

There may be a lot of different factors involved, but obviously keep them over your feet as much as possible... or at least in a straight line where they don't collapse in.

Knees collapsing in is one of the worst movement patterns you can teach yourself.


According to wiki, knock knees are when your knees touch when your legs are straightened; mine don't, they point straight forwards. Also, I'm not flat-footed at all...my knees point forward normally, but my toes are rotated out at about a 20-30 degree angle.

I also assumed that having tight hips would have a) been caught by a doctor/physio and b) caused my entire leg to rotate outwards, not just the foot. I may be wrong on the second point though.


Ah, so do you have pretty flat feet?
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
October 10 2011 14:26 GMT
#12666
Fell asleep today around 4pm, woke up at 9pm. Fuck. It was a day off, but I barely ate anything all day... probably only like 3000 calories. It was stupid of me to fall asleep.

I just managed to eat 12 scrambled eggs to hit my protein and calorie macros. Feel like throwing up, but god dammit at least I did it.
JivyTL
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada10 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-10 14:35:36
October 10 2011 14:29 GMT
#12667
Jivy
Age: 19 || Height: 5'6"|| Weight: 150 lbs
Starting Date: 10/10/2010 || Goal Date: asap/ongoing
Weight goals -- [135]
Training goals -- [lose fat]
Nutrition goals --[no more junk food]

I bench 165 lbs, squat 205 lbs, and deadlift 235 lbs which is pretty decent imo for my weight (which used to be 140). However! I am getting fat especially in the belly T_T, it is getting very noticeable and I feel it everyday. I just came across this thread today and read the info about cardio not helping as much as changing your diet so I am going to try to completely cut out junk food and eat properly... though it is really hard as I am a student with fast food all around me haha.

Off to the gym right now... I was about to do "toning" but I also read that it didnt help as much as heavy weightlifting so I'm going to do that instead, wish me luck.

My main goal is to lose fat (belly fat especially). thanks all

EDIT: for my diet, should i worry about eating less carbs? or worry more on less calories? thanks!!
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 10 2011 15:53 GMT
#12668
On October 10 2011 23:29 JivyTL wrote:
Jivy
Age: 19 || Height: 5'6"|| Weight: 150 lbs
Starting Date: 10/10/2010 || Goal Date: asap/ongoing
Weight goals -- [135]
Training goals -- [lose fat]
Nutrition goals --[no more junk food]

I bench 165 lbs, squat 205 lbs, and deadlift 235 lbs which is pretty decent imo for my weight (which used to be 140). However! I am getting fat especially in the belly T_T, it is getting very noticeable and I feel it everyday. I just came across this thread today and read the info about cardio not helping as much as changing your diet so I am going to try to completely cut out junk food and eat properly... though it is really hard as I am a student with fast food all around me haha.

Off to the gym right now... I was about to do "toning" but I also read that it didnt help as much as heavy weightlifting so I'm going to do that instead, wish me luck.

My main goal is to lose fat (belly fat especially). thanks all

EDIT: for my diet, should i worry about eating less carbs? or worry more on less calories? thanks!!


Glad you read up enough to dispell the common myths, i.e. you cant spot reduce fat(just in the belly or w/e) and that cardio won't help you much. Losing weight is mostly about diet so you're probalby going to want to reduce your calories. Calories in vs out is probably most important, and in general a good way to do that is by reducing your carbs as in most diets today carbs are usually from junk food. Heavy compound weight lifting (squat and deadlift) doesn't burn calories so much as it will help change your body recomposition so you end up looking better, faster.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
October 10 2011 16:12 GMT
#12669
fasting

thanks to lean gains

I'm so hungry

why are you so far away 1pm?
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
October 10 2011 16:19 GMT
#12670
On October 10 2011 21:29 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2011 13:38 Release wrote:
How many chin-ups should i be able to do before i add weight?


About 8-10. 3x8 or 3x10 then add weight at 3x5 works well.

woot my training methodologies is eshlow approved!

On October 11 2011 01:12 funkie wrote:
fasting

thanks to lean gains

I'm so hungry

why are you so far away 1pm?

chug some coffee/water imo
Official Entusman #21
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-10 16:28:15
October 10 2011 16:26 GMT
#12671
On October 09 2011 04:42 sJarl wrote:
So, post number 1k, time for some blast from the past and see some progression.

Summer 2009, me at the most muscular phase of my life as of then:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Strength was well not good, could squat about 130kg for a max (managed a 100kg x 20 widowmaker though), bench about 75kg and deadlift 185kg. Knees were a wreck so I didn't really squat and deadlift much that summer though. Spent it to bring up my severely lacking upper body.

May 6th, 2011:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Some improvement, gained around 10kg.

Will update tomorrow with a new pic and current stats.

Just remember: results come in the long run not overnight.


As promised update pic:

09/10/11
BW: 80kg -> 97kg
Squat: 130kg -> 185kg
Deadlift: 185kg -> 225kg x 2
Bench: 75k -> 105kg
pretty much everything has increased.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Please forgive my silly expression
also, beard as requested by Nemy.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-10 17:20:15
October 10 2011 17:19 GMT
#12672
On October 10 2011 23:29 JivyTL wrote:
Jivy
Age: 19 || Height: 5'6"|| Weight: 150 lbs
Starting Date: 10/10/2010 || Goal Date: asap/ongoing
Weight goals -- [135]
Training goals -- [lose fat]
Nutrition goals --[no more junk food]

I bench 165 lbs, squat 205 lbs, and deadlift 235 lbs which is pretty decent imo for my weight (which used to be 140). However! I am getting fat especially in the belly T_T, it is getting very noticeable and I feel it everyday. I just came across this thread today and read the info about cardio not helping as much as changing your diet so I am going to try to completely cut out junk food and eat properly... though it is really hard as I am a student with fast food all around me haha.

Off to the gym right now... I was about to do "toning" but I also read that it didnt help as much as heavy weightlifting so I'm going to do that instead, wish me luck.

My main goal is to lose fat (belly fat especially). thanks all

EDIT: for my diet, should i worry about eating less carbs? or worry more on less calories? thanks!!


Read the general nutrition sticky or the Paleo diet thread.

It seems you have read the training one which is good!
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
October 10 2011 17:37 GMT
#12673
On October 11 2011 01:26 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2011 04:42 sJarl wrote:
So, post number 1k, time for some blast from the past and see some progression.

Summer 2009, me at the most muscular phase of my life as of then:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Strength was well not good, could squat about 130kg for a max (managed a 100kg x 20 widowmaker though), bench about 75kg and deadlift 185kg. Knees were a wreck so I didn't really squat and deadlift much that summer though. Spent it to bring up my severely lacking upper body.

May 6th, 2011:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Some improvement, gained around 10kg.

Will update tomorrow with a new pic and current stats.

Just remember: results come in the long run not overnight.


As promised update pic:

09/10/11
BW: 80kg -> 97kg
Squat: 130kg -> 185kg
Deadlift: 185kg -> 225kg x 2
Bench: 75k -> 105kg
pretty much everything has increased.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Please forgive my silly expression
also, beard as requested by Nemy.


holy shit your arms/shoulders are MASSIVE haha :D nice job
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
BouBou.865
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands814 Posts
October 10 2011 17:54 GMT
#12674
Ugh, slept only 7 hours a day this weekend, ate pizza on friday for dinner and pudding today. The workout went as expected

Squat 85kg 5-5-5
Bench Press 67.5kg 3-2 65kg 3
Deadlift 115kg 1x5

Squats and deads were stupid hard. Gonna make 1kg of chicken now, beast that shit.

No more cheatmeals untill I hit 300lbs Deadlift.
Playing League of Legends. IGN: Plain Skill
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
October 10 2011 18:43 GMT
#12675
On October 11 2011 01:26 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2011 04:42 sJarl wrote:
So, post number 1k, time for some blast from the past and see some progression.

Summer 2009, me at the most muscular phase of my life as of then:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Strength was well not good, could squat about 130kg for a max (managed a 100kg x 20 widowmaker though), bench about 75kg and deadlift 185kg. Knees were a wreck so I didn't really squat and deadlift much that summer though. Spent it to bring up my severely lacking upper body.

May 6th, 2011:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Some improvement, gained around 10kg.

Will update tomorrow with a new pic and current stats.

Just remember: results come in the long run not overnight.


As promised update pic:

09/10/11
BW: 80kg -> 97kg
Squat: 130kg -> 185kg
Deadlift: 185kg -> 225kg x 2
Bench: 75k -> 105kg
pretty much everything has increased.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Please forgive my silly expression
also, beard as requested by Nemy.


Thank god the days of Viking invasions are over...
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
October 10 2011 18:51 GMT
#12676
On October 10 2011 21:29 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2011 17:34 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
On October 10 2011 01:46 eshlow wrote:
On October 09 2011 10:07 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
On October 09 2011 07:21 eshlow wrote:
Think of spreading the floor with your feet when you squat. That will help keep the knees out and not collapsing in.


Quick question:

My feet point outwards, and have my whole life. When I squat, it is physically impossible for my knees to track over my toes as a result, not because it's tight or difficult, but because I would have to actually break my ankle to make it happen.

It's basically that, where when someone normally does squats their knees and toes point forwards, my knees point forwards and toes point outwards, but with absolutely no discomfort. I've walked like this my whole life, tried physio and whatnot, and basically been told that I'd need to get my ankles broken and re-set to fix it.

Have you ever encountered/heard of anything like this? I always get told that my *insert muscle here* is overtight and causing my feet to turn out, but doing the stretches and whatever prescribed over years haven't changed much of anything. My hip flexors are tight and I'm working to improve that, as well as 'opening up' my hips more at the bottom of squats so I can sit lower.


Is this because of your ankles pointing out (e.g. your feet are very flat) or because you have valgus knees/knock knees or very tight hips, or what?

There may be a lot of different factors involved, but obviously keep them over your feet as much as possible... or at least in a straight line where they don't collapse in.

Knees collapsing in is one of the worst movement patterns you can teach yourself.


According to wiki, knock knees are when your knees touch when your legs are straightened; mine don't, they point straight forwards. Also, I'm not flat-footed at all...my knees point forward normally, but my toes are rotated out at about a 20-30 degree angle.

I also assumed that having tight hips would have a) been caught by a doctor/physio and b) caused my entire leg to rotate outwards, not just the foot. I may be wrong on the second point though.


Ah, so do you have pretty flat feet?


If that's the only option then I guess I must, although I've never thought of them as flat, and I'm pretty sure I still have an arch in them? I don't know, maybe they just seem normal because they're what I'm used to :p
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 10 2011 18:54 GMT
#12677
On October 11 2011 01:26 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2011 04:42 sJarl wrote:
So, post number 1k, time for some blast from the past and see some progression.

Summer 2009, me at the most muscular phase of my life as of then:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Strength was well not good, could squat about 130kg for a max (managed a 100kg x 20 widowmaker though), bench about 75kg and deadlift 185kg. Knees were a wreck so I didn't really squat and deadlift much that summer though. Spent it to bring up my severely lacking upper body.

May 6th, 2011:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Some improvement, gained around 10kg.

Will update tomorrow with a new pic and current stats.

Just remember: results come in the long run not overnight.


As promised update pic:

09/10/11
BW: 80kg -> 97kg
Squat: 130kg -> 185kg
Deadlift: 185kg -> 225kg x 2
Bench: 75k -> 105kg
pretty much everything has increased.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Please forgive my silly expression
also, beard as requested by Nemy.


Phenomenal progress! Sjarl = bear
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
October 10 2011 18:58 GMT
#12678
On October 11 2011 01:26 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2011 04:42 sJarl wrote:
So, post number 1k, time for some blast from the past and see some progression.

Summer 2009, me at the most muscular phase of my life as of then:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Strength was well not good, could squat about 130kg for a max (managed a 100kg x 20 widowmaker though), bench about 75kg and deadlift 185kg. Knees were a wreck so I didn't really squat and deadlift much that summer though. Spent it to bring up my severely lacking upper body.

May 6th, 2011:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Some improvement, gained around 10kg.

Will update tomorrow with a new pic and current stats.

Just remember: results come in the long run not overnight.


As promised update pic:

09/10/11
BW: 80kg -> 97kg
Squat: 130kg -> 185kg
Deadlift: 185kg -> 225kg x 2
Bench: 75k -> 105kg
pretty much everything has increased.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Please forgive my silly expression
also, beard as requested by Nemy.


You're like a giant redwood with a beard and a don't-fuck-with-me attitude. Please don't rape and pillage my country.
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Nazarene
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Denmark996 Posts
October 10 2011 19:10 GMT
#12679
Awesome, awesome progress sJarl (both on lifts but also on swoleness)

Today's workout:
Week 7 Coan-Phillipi

1x2 180 kg DL - yeah buddy, couldn't do this last time around. It didn't even feel THAT heavy.
3x3 150 kg speed DL - OK speed, nothing flashy though.
2x5 120 kg power shrugs - still pretty easy.
2x5 140 kg stiff leg DL - nice and heavy.
2x5 90 kg rows - nice and heavy.
2x5 50 kg good mornings - hmm.
2x5 24 kg GHR - was good but I sometimes I'm afraid to squeeze my nuts off on the GHR bench??


I'm going to compete in a CrossFit competition in Stockholm this weekend, wish me luck :-D

If anyone's interested: http://sm2011.crossfitnordic.se/

I will be competing in the team competition (team name is Butcher's Garage)
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-10 19:25:52
October 10 2011 19:10 GMT
#12680
On October 11 2011 01:26 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2011 04:42 sJarl wrote:
So, post number 1k, time for some blast from the past and see some progression.

Summer 2009, me at the most muscular phase of my life as of then:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Strength was well not good, could squat about 130kg for a max (managed a 100kg x 20 widowmaker though), bench about 75kg and deadlift 185kg. Knees were a wreck so I didn't really squat and deadlift much that summer though. Spent it to bring up my severely lacking upper body.

May 6th, 2011:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Some improvement, gained around 10kg.

Will update tomorrow with a new pic and current stats.

Just remember: results come in the long run not overnight.


As promised update pic:

09/10/11
BW: 80kg -> 97kg
Squat: 130kg -> 185kg
Deadlift: 185kg -> 225kg x 2
Bench: 75k -> 105kg
pretty much everything has increased.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Please forgive my silly expression
also, beard as requested by Nemy.


How a real man should look like. What is your goal weight?
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Prev 1 632 633 634 635 636 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 543
UpATreeSC 97
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 791
Dewaltoss 108
firebathero 81
Zeus 64
910 38
Trap 36
NaDa 28
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 18
Shine 13
Dota 2
Gorgc6562
420jenkins274
monkeys_forever99
Counter-Strike
edward92
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS149
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu2222
Other Games
summit1g5576
Grubby2837
B2W.Neo679
Beastyqt639
shahzam415
byalli411
KnowMe158
TKL 144
C9.Mang0143
ToD107
Railgan16
Chillindude10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV247
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream105
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 35
• Adnapsc2 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki34
• blackmanpl 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur278
• WagamamaTV252
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 50m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 50m
Stellar Fest
16h 50m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.