• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:32
CEST 14:32
KST 21:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9272 users

Learn Fast. Win More. - Page 10

Forum Index > Sponsored Threads
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next All
bulletbutter
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3 Posts
November 11 2011 06:22 GMT
#181
I didn't take the time to read all the replies but the ones I did read dealt with the cost vs quality and the "weak" coach list. I don't agree with the negativity surrounding those issues. This is a great idea for not only pro's, but high level players to earn some cash too. I'm all for bringing cash to gamers in hopes of one day anyone with skill being able to get paid to play games no matter what the game is.

Just because a coach hasn't finished in the top 20 of a pro tournament doesn't mean what they can teach a less skilled player is trash. Sure, while it is better to be coached by Idra than some random top 100 GM....the point is moot if the student is sub-masters. Am I right?

Also, great players spend a lot of time playing the game, to get better and win tournaments. People are trying to make a living at this. The cost of $27 is far too low IMO. You take into consideration the cost of the site, hosting, bandwidth, admins and then the coaches.....when it boils down to it its split between so many people that it becomes not worthy of anyones time.

The concept is great but I do think there needs to be a better way to generate more money for the coaches. That way it will actually be worthy of someone like MMA's time. I mean....if I finished 4th in a GSL I sure as hell wouldn't be making coaching videos for $27!

Maybe offer different tiers of membership? Make it similar to the ladder rank system for giggles. Bronze-Gold membership gives access to lesser known/skilled coaches, Plat-Masters gives access to more coaches and GM membership gives access to the "best of the best". Different membership ranks could also limit members access to certain parts of the site? Have a forums in which the members can chat with the coaches and limit which forums they can access based on their membership level. You can pay the coaches to check in once a day and shoot a video a week? Charge different amounts and offer to help coaches to advertise their 1on1 coaching? So long as the money goes to the coaches, I don't see what the problem is with paying any amount.

I see the site as being a great way for coaches to get off the ground and start making money. Anyone who supports e-sports should support the site. I'm not saying sign up! Hell, just help spread the word about the site if you feel its not worth your money.
Do or do not. There is no try.
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10383 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-11 08:21:18
November 11 2011 08:19 GMT
#182
On November 11 2011 15:22 bulletbutter wrote:
I didn't take the time to read all the replies but the ones I did read dealt with the cost vs quality and the "weak" coach list. I don't agree with the negativity surrounding those issues. This is a great idea for not only pro's, but high level players to earn some cash too. I'm all for bringing cash to gamers in hopes of one day anyone with skill being able to get paid to play games no matter what the game is.

Just because a coach hasn't finished in the top 20 of a pro tournament doesn't mean what they can teach a less skilled player is trash. Sure, while it is better to be coached by Idra than some random top 100 GM....the point is moot if the student is sub-masters. Am I right?

Also, great players spend a lot of time playing the game, to get better and win tournaments. People are trying to make a living at this. The cost of $27 is far too low IMO. You take into consideration the cost of the site, hosting, bandwidth, admins and then the coaches.....when it boils down to it its split between so many people that it becomes not worthy of anyones time.

The concept is great but I do think there needs to be a better way to generate more money for the coaches. That way it will actually be worthy of someone like MMA's time. I mean....if I finished 4th in a GSL I sure as hell wouldn't be making coaching videos for $27!

Maybe offer different tiers of membership? Make it similar to the ladder rank system for giggles. Bronze-Gold membership gives access to lesser known/skilled coaches, Plat-Masters gives access to more coaches and GM membership gives access to the "best of the best". Different membership ranks could also limit members access to certain parts of the site? Have a forums in which the members can chat with the coaches and limit which forums they can access based on their membership level. You can pay the coaches to check in once a day and shoot a video a week? Charge different amounts and offer to help coaches to advertise their 1on1 coaching? So long as the money goes to the coaches, I don't see what the problem is with paying any amount.

I see the site as being a great way for coaches to get off the ground and start making money. Anyone who supports e-sports should support the site. I'm not saying sign up! Hell, just help spread the word about the site if you feel its not worth your money.


Nice ideas!

Anyways I have doubts about the quality of the overall content like many others. For example, in the video about stopping 1--1-1, it teaches you how to use a 3 WG. Yes a 3 WG could stop a 1-1-1 player, but what if he doesn't 1-1-1? As far as I know the best ways to stop a 1-1-1 all-in are to either 1 Gate expand or 1 gate robo expand. That's what I hear from pros.

There is a product out there called the Shokz guide, it is like a one time payment of $37 and that gets them infinite access to future updates, strategies, etc., even though I don't think they have videos (all text/pictures), so I think you guys will really have to up the quality of your website. With $27 a month, every video should be extremely concise, clear, crisp, etc., no "ums" from the speakers, no mistakes in the videos, outstanding examples and explanations, etc. etc., not something you think through your head in 5 minutes max and then make a video about it., or else I think a cheaper price would get a lot more profit (and more people = better forum/community).
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Gromo
Profile Joined August 2011
Poland49 Posts
November 13 2011 13:29 GMT
#183
Nice project but not much advices for Toss ;(
For the Swarm!
LumberJack
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States3355 Posts
November 13 2011 15:55 GMT
#184
oh look, another debate on the commercialism of starcraft.

I'm glad we havent had this topic come up yet, whether someone should pay for lessons or if someone who's ranked 148th in america should charge for lessons.

People pay for hand jobs, let this be like that, it doesnt get you anywhere, but you enjoy it.

It's their money...

As for the 148th ranked US, probably 380th~ in the world giving lessons, meh, everyone who's good knows who they are and can privately chuckle and make fun of them. Then again, they are making more money from coaching and streaming than the person laughing ever could from winning tournaments...
Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire.
Aristotle7
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States120 Posts
December 06 2011 10:23 GMT
#185
I love this site, brohans. I am a happy subscriber.
Master Terran on NA
Battleweary
Profile Joined December 2011
United States4 Posts
December 07 2011 03:59 GMT
#186
--- Nuked ---
StricKeN
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada16 Posts
December 11 2011 12:05 GMT
#187
cool, could be a very strong foundation for new players to build upon!
rj22497
Profile Joined December 2011
4 Posts
December 13 2011 03:31 GMT
#188
I think this is a great idea for players that practice a lot and put in the work but don't see results and do not have the money for 1 on 1 coaching. While 1 on 1 is certainly better it is really limited on your financial situation. The free videos great for newbies but not for the average bronze or hold platinum maybe diamond for sure and masters hey if you wanna really be a GM get 1 on 1 if you can
SuitGuy
Profile Joined March 2011
United States186 Posts
January 09 2012 20:22 GMT
#189
New set of free videos updated in the OP.
Suitin' it up 24/7
Vuistgevecht
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands77 Posts
January 09 2012 20:38 GMT
#190
Not good enough to make a living being pro so you thought youd try this? This is the excact same as that website Machine and incontrol have where they sell all their 'secrets' for like 200$, people who pay money for this are really said in my opinion
czosnek666
Profile Joined July 2011
Poland2 Posts
January 09 2012 21:31 GMT
#191
how to advance in 'wood' league. I want to be like incholesterol and hatepro.

User was banned for this post.
iMMortaL.797
Profile Joined June 2011
United States94 Posts
January 09 2012 22:00 GMT
#192
I watched vVvRuFF's 4 rax reaper into double expand build since I play Terran, and I thought it was a very creative build. I have been looking for a way to put on early pressure while still getting my bio or marine/tank force behind it. I realize that this is RuFF's first video, so this is not a big deal, but the only thing that RuFF had a problem with was staying on top of everything that was going on as it happened. I think that he will definitely get better at this, as he already explains everything very well. The only thing I might have a problem with the concept of HotKeyIt is the fact that during coaching I can ask questions, however with the amount of videos on HotKeyIt there is likely an answer to my questions, and it's cheaper than coaching. Great job guys!
Thanks. I hope this feedback awards me a free sub =O
SuitGuy
Profile Joined March 2011
United States186 Posts
January 09 2012 22:13 GMT
#193
On January 10 2012 07:00 iMMortaL.797 wrote:
I watched vVvRuFF's 4 rax reaper into double expand build since I play Terran, and I thought it was a very creative build. I have been looking for a way to put on early pressure while still getting my bio or marine/tank force behind it. I realize that this is RuFF's first video, so this is not a big deal, but the only thing that RuFF had a problem with was staying on top of everything that was going on as it happened. I think that he will definitely get better at this, as he already explains everything very well. The only thing I might have a problem with the concept of HotKeyIt is the fact that during coaching I can ask questions, however with the amount of videos on HotKeyIt there is likely an answer to my questions, and it's cheaper than coaching. Great job guys!
Thanks. I hope this feedback awards me a free sub =O


Every video has a thread attached to it. You can ask questions you had about the video there. We try to make sure all of those questions are answered by the video creator.
Suitin' it up 24/7
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-10 03:01:43
January 10 2012 03:01 GMT
#194
People in Bronze, Silver, and Gold could learn for hours and hours from anyone masters or better.

Anyone who thinks they couldn't, truly underestimates the volume of stuff that goes into playing Starcraft. If you've ever had to give someone the play by play, from ground Zero. You would understand. It is at the very least, 10 hours that everyone who started playing could be acclerated by being taught and practicing it with someone better.

Critisizing the videos, build orders, counters- that is just silly. It would be fair to take people's money for teaching them what a build order even is, when to expand, gates/structures per base, counters, timings- you could go on for hours. Are these guys ready to coach Masters players? That is debatle. But Plat or below, there is NO question.
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
Xerros
Profile Joined November 2010
United States39 Posts
January 10 2012 03:17 GMT
#195
free subscriptions for feedback or product placement on twitter? clever, this idea will succeed, good luck!
terrible, terrible damage!
MichaelDonovan
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1453 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-10 06:05:06
January 10 2012 06:02 GMT
#196
EDIT - Sorry this is an old thread. I didn't realize I already posted something similar months ago so I'm wiping this one.
SuitGuy
Profile Joined March 2011
United States186 Posts
January 10 2012 18:24 GMT
#197
On January 10 2012 07:00 iMMortaL.797 wrote:
I watched vVvRuFF's 4 rax reaper into double expand build since I play Terran, and I thought it was a very creative build. I have been looking for a way to put on early pressure while still getting my bio or marine/tank force behind it. I realize that this is RuFF's first video, so this is not a big deal, but the only thing that RuFF had a problem with was staying on top of everything that was going on as it happened. I think that he will definitely get better at this, as he already explains everything very well. The only thing I might have a problem with the concept of HotKeyIt is the fact that during coaching I can ask questions, however with the amount of videos on HotKeyIt there is likely an answer to my questions, and it's cheaper than coaching. Great job guys!
Thanks. I hope this feedback awards me a free sub =O


Yea, I'll take care of you. I'll send you a PM to get your info.
Suitin' it up 24/7
Zombo Joe
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada850 Posts
January 11 2012 00:29 GMT
#198
Lol I remember watching RuFF play with that build.

Basically everyone hard countered him because they all knew he did it.
I am Terranfying.
Rylaji
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden580 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-11 06:32:24
January 11 2012 06:29 GMT
#199
I don't feel the coaches are AS good as some other places. However I do think people can prolly learn a thing or two.

Altho what you don't seem to get is that lots of people get coaching not only for the advice but also to get an hour or two 1on1 time with their idols. Don't go shitting on "usual" coaching because you are offering something different.

EDIT; Also I feel the price is a bit steep even if it is a whole month of content. Unless you put up new videos like 2-3 times/week it's simply not worth it since you call it a month of content but it's really just a few days worth. My apologizes if this is not the case.
Official Fan of; Obama oGs.MC // God of War ST.JulyZerg // d.Naniwa // ST.Squirtle // SlayerS_Alicia // Emperor SlayerS_BoxeR // EG.HuK // White-Ra // MarineKing.Prime.WE // oGs.NaDa's Body // SlayerS.MMA // MvP.DongRaeGu
Nuclease
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1049 Posts
January 11 2012 19:36 GMT
#200
Not to knock this, but anyone who is actually going to pay for this...get a personal coach instead. Or, even better, just play the game and get connections that way. Also, Day[9] and streams. Day[9] and streams.
Zealots, not zee-lots. | Never forget, KTViolet, Go)Space. | You will never be as good as By.Flash, and your drops will never be as sick as MMA.
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 237
TKL 170
CranKy Ducklings60
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinELIVE!
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM956
IndyStarCraft 154
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 956
Lowko434
TKL 170
IndyStarCraft 154
Rex 75
MindelVK 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 57496
Free 3253
Jaedong 1954
BeSt 657
Soulkey 409
Horang2 358
Soma 334
Hyun 212
Zeus 203
firebathero 169
[ Show more ]
sorry 151
Last 150
Mind 108
Pusan 84
Yoon 28
soO 25
scan(afreeca) 21
Aegong 20
ToSsGirL 20
yabsab 16
Sacsri 11
zelot 9
Dota 2
Gorgc6862
Dendi659
XaKoH 394
canceldota36
Other Games
gofns33230
singsing2203
B2W.Neo471
byalli402
Pyrionflax294
ToD184
QueenE38
DeMusliM19
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV219
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 23
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP19
• Gemini_19 15
• Adnapsc2 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1348
• WagamamaTV464
League of Legends
• Jankos3431
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
4h 29m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 29m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 29m
Patches Events
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
OSC
1d 23h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.