• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:47
CEST 03:47
KST 10:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9097 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 2324

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 5162 Next
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
June 30 2014 14:16 GMT
#46461
On June 30 2014 23:09 Requizen wrote:
How does one become a better person?


Is this what we're doing today? Asking loaded questions and then someone gets mad at Teut?
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
June 30 2014 14:18 GMT
#46462
Teut should get mad at somebody for once. Bet they'd never see it coming.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
June 30 2014 14:18 GMT
#46463
You become a better person exactly the same way you become a better X
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
June 30 2014 14:19 GMT
#46464
Don't get hit?
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
June 30 2014 14:19 GMT
#46465
On June 30 2014 23:18 Scip wrote:
You become a better person exactly the same way you become a better X

increase your font size and switch to comic sans?
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 30 2014 14:21 GMT
#46466
On June 30 2014 23:15 PrinceXizor wrote:
Is janus new? the last i played was when nemesis was new. haven't played that game for a few months now, i only ever learned to play with a controller sitting at my couch.


My normal go-to's for stress are a little impossible atm, and all of them are terrible anyay. either i just sleep until it goes away, get drunk and go out and try to forget about it through women and booze, or throw myself into writing. the sleeping thing sucks because its 10 am on a monday, the drunk thing sucks because its 9 am on a monday and money is what i'm stressing about most, and the writing thing.. well i can't work on anything i have currently when i'm stressed because i write with a very different tone when stressed and that means starting something new for now, which brings me more stress until i start writing.

Right now a great deal of my stress is all of the weird post-surgery sensations and pain I'm having a really hard time getting used to. I have no idea what's considered ''normal" or not so I'm constantly filled with anxiety as to whether or not something is wrong with me. This doesn't count all of the rest of the real life shit looming over my head because right now I'm still in recovery mode so I'm mostly ignoring it.

Essentially I have to keep my mind off of myself and what I'm feeling solely through distraction. Pre-surgery I'm pretty sure that's how I relieved stress as well---stream watching/game playing or activities with my wife and/or son. I think it's easier as well if you have other people with you to help keep your mind off of things so you may be slightly out of luck there.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
onlywonderboy
Profile Joined August 2012
United States23745 Posts
June 30 2014 14:28 GMT
#46467
On June 30 2014 23:00 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2014 22:46 Alaric wrote:
On June 30 2014 22:41 Shelke14 wrote:
On June 30 2014 22:40 Alaric wrote:
So Uncle Ryze for the US and Lumberjack Sion for Canada?


Do they have awesome stereotype voice packs?

Wait for integrated voicechat and do all the sounds yourself! Just gotta work on your accents.

Wait wtf Soniv's been playing League again?


just occasionally with people - won't ever be taking ranked seriously in that game anymore

Thank kinda makes me sad. Not for any particular reason, just that "ever" is so definitive. Kinda bums me out so many people are burned out on LoL. Although I guess most of those people have been playing for quite a while.
RIP Ryan Davis / TL or Die / @onlywonderboy
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
June 30 2014 14:33 GMT
#46468
On June 30 2014 23:28 onlywonderboy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2014 23:00 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On June 30 2014 22:46 Alaric wrote:
On June 30 2014 22:41 Shelke14 wrote:
On June 30 2014 22:40 Alaric wrote:
So Uncle Ryze for the US and Lumberjack Sion for Canada?


Do they have awesome stereotype voice packs?

Wait for integrated voicechat and do all the sounds yourself! Just gotta work on your accents.

Wait wtf Soniv's been playing League again?


just occasionally with people - won't ever be taking ranked seriously in that game anymore

Thank kinda makes me sad. Not for any particular reason, just that "ever" is so definitive. Kinda bums me out so many people are burned out on LoL. Although I guess most of those people have been playing for quite a while.


It's a combination of things for me. I've played since just after beta, and I worked REALLY hard to get diamond the second time (after decaying out). It was incredibly painful and really burned me out.

But more than that, I know I won't be able to get back to where I was skill-wise, I just don't have the time. And that's a bit frustrating and sad for me, but c'est la vie. As a result, I'll never take it as seriously as I used to. I still play to win, but I just can't grind out game after game after game.

Smite is at least new and fresh for me, and I'm doing decently in ranked there, so I'm keeping up with it to see where I can get.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 30 2014 14:33 GMT
#46469
No, I just... It's hard to explain without sounding really sappy.

+ Show Spoiler +
I've skated by in life. Never really standing out, but never really having the motivation to try to. I've just let myself do adequately and just go with the flow. But now, with her, I want to improve myself. Not just physically (though I could stand losing a bit of gut), but as a person. It's not about changing to make someone like me, I already know she likes me enough, but it's about being with someone that is so important to you that you just want to be the best version of yourself for them. I want to be a better social person so that when we go out with her friends I don't seem awkward. I want to have a better schedule and routine so when she asks me how my day is I don't seem like a slob. I want to have better style so that when she sees me she's impressed. I want to be the sort of person that she doesn't just like being with - but she's excited to be with and feels as lucky to be with as I feel lucky to be with her.

But honestly, I don't know what that means. I guess I should just get out and do things outside my comfort zone until they no longer are outside it, but part of me also wants to remain as I am. Obviously there's a balance - improving oneself without changing who they are fundamentally. But I just don't know what to do or how much I should improve about me before it becomes an issue and it seems like I'm changing too much or trying too hard.

And... and I'm worried that I'll try to improve myself and fail. I'm worried that I'm going to try hard to become someone better but I'll realize that the cripplingly anti-social lazy slob that I am is the extent of who I am. And I worry that if that's the truth, she'll realize it and it will scare her away.


I dunno, I'm probably just fretting too much as I always do. Maybe I should just focus on work for now.
It's your boy Guzma!
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
June 30 2014 14:41 GMT
#46470
Is it share your feelings time for req too? its okay buddy come here and give me a hug.

when i try to improve things about myself, i try to write down exactly what it is i don't like, including examples of times in the past. and i try to remind myself of it a couple times a day, like how you remind yourself to watch whatever when you get off of work, or remind yourself you have to go in early/late this day ect. you take the small victories, you can't build a habit in a couple days. doing something the way you want it done once is a victory, once that happens once, you can't "fail". you can just keep going at the same pace until it becomes a habit. it sounds a hell of a lot easier than it is though. but its not out of grasp of anyone really. but you know, also it doesn't hurt to talk to her about it and your plans. some people fall in love with other's flaws as well as their good points. i've never had an issue in any relationship come from being open and honest.
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
June 30 2014 14:41 GMT
#46471
On June 30 2014 23:33 Requizen wrote:
No, I just... It's hard to explain without sounding really sappy.

+ Show Spoiler +
I've skated by in life. Never really standing out, but never really having the motivation to try to. I've just let myself do adequately and just go with the flow. But now, with her, I want to improve myself. Not just physically (though I could stand losing a bit of gut), but as a person. It's not about changing to make someone like me, I already know she likes me enough, but it's about being with someone that is so important to you that you just want to be the best version of yourself for them. I want to be a better social person so that when we go out with her friends I don't seem awkward. I want to have a better schedule and routine so when she asks me how my day is I don't seem like a slob. I want to have better style so that when she sees me she's impressed. I want to be the sort of person that she doesn't just like being with - but she's excited to be with and feels as lucky to be with as I feel lucky to be with her.

But honestly, I don't know what that means. I guess I should just get out and do things outside my comfort zone until they no longer are outside it, but part of me also wants to remain as I am. Obviously there's a balance - improving oneself without changing who they are fundamentally. But I just don't know what to do or how much I should improve about me before it becomes an issue and it seems like I'm changing too much or trying too hard.

And... and I'm worried that I'll try to improve myself and fail. I'm worried that I'm going to try hard to become someone better but I'll realize that the cripplingly anti-social lazy slob that I am is the extent of who I am. And I worry that if that's the truth, she'll realize it and it will scare her away.


I dunno, I'm probably just fretting too much as I always do. Maybe I should just focus on work for now.


At the risk of sounding douchey...

+ Show Spoiler [Step 1] +
Using someone else as motivation for change is never really going to work. You have to want to be better for you. Maybe your self as she sees (or you think she sees) can be a realization of some kind, but, in the end, another person's feelings is not a good catalyst for real change. Is this something YOU really want? Can you think of a compelling reason other than for this person to BE "better"? If not, it's probably not worth doing.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
June 30 2014 14:43 GMT
#46472
Asmo, i'm a little disappointed that step one wasn't cut a hole in a box.
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
June 30 2014 14:47 GMT
#46473
i just won my promo's back into silver #passionrestored #nottheworst
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
June 30 2014 14:52 GMT
#46474
On June 30 2014 23:43 PrinceXizor wrote:
Asmo, i'm a little disappointed that step one wasn't cut a hole in a box.


I've made all the wrong choices. I'll recuse myself.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 30 2014 14:59 GMT
#46475
On June 30 2014 23:41 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2014 23:33 Requizen wrote:
No, I just... It's hard to explain without sounding really sappy.

+ Show Spoiler +
I've skated by in life. Never really standing out, but never really having the motivation to try to. I've just let myself do adequately and just go with the flow. But now, with her, I want to improve myself. Not just physically (though I could stand losing a bit of gut), but as a person. It's not about changing to make someone like me, I already know she likes me enough, but it's about being with someone that is so important to you that you just want to be the best version of yourself for them. I want to be a better social person so that when we go out with her friends I don't seem awkward. I want to have a better schedule and routine so when she asks me how my day is I don't seem like a slob. I want to have better style so that when she sees me she's impressed. I want to be the sort of person that she doesn't just like being with - but she's excited to be with and feels as lucky to be with as I feel lucky to be with her.

But honestly, I don't know what that means. I guess I should just get out and do things outside my comfort zone until they no longer are outside it, but part of me also wants to remain as I am. Obviously there's a balance - improving oneself without changing who they are fundamentally. But I just don't know what to do or how much I should improve about me before it becomes an issue and it seems like I'm changing too much or trying too hard.

And... and I'm worried that I'll try to improve myself and fail. I'm worried that I'm going to try hard to become someone better but I'll realize that the cripplingly anti-social lazy slob that I am is the extent of who I am. And I worry that if that's the truth, she'll realize it and it will scare her away.


I dunno, I'm probably just fretting too much as I always do. Maybe I should just focus on work for now.


At the risk of sounding douchey...

+ Show Spoiler [Step 1] +
Using someone else as motivation for change is never really going to work. You have to want to be better for you. Maybe your self as she sees (or you think she sees) can be a realization of some kind, but, in the end, another person's feelings is not a good catalyst for real change. Is this something YOU really want? Can you think of a compelling reason other than for this person to BE "better"? If not, it's probably not worth doing.

+ Show Spoiler +
Well I get that, I really do. But it's not that I want to change for her, like I said she already likes me enough to date me for 9 months and take me to meet her family and friends. But it's more like, I've always known that I'm kind of a crappy person, and I've never liked who I was. I'm lazy and unmotivated, I slack at work and in personal stuff, etc etc. I mean come on, you've seen how I would post about how much I hated myself. But I was never motivated to do anything about these things that I knew needed to change because I never really thought I would amount to anything. But now... I think I might. And that's enough reason for me.

My last relationship was... look, I wasn't posting on TL at the time but it was shit. We lied to each other, I basically had to change who I was for her to like me (she hated my friends, she didn't like me playing games, she wanted to go partying all the time, etc). I know what it's like to change yourself when you don't want to just to make someone like you. This isn't that. This is loving someone so much that you want to improve yourself for them. Because if this person - this amazing, beautiful individual - loves you back the way you are now, then you're worth loving and worth improving. Being with her, for the first time in a long time, I feel like I'm a worthwhile person.


sorry about the blogging
It's your boy Guzma!
Nos-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada12016 Posts
June 30 2014 15:10 GMT
#46476
On June 30 2014 23:59 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2014 23:41 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 30 2014 23:33 Requizen wrote:
No, I just... It's hard to explain without sounding really sappy.

+ Show Spoiler +
I've skated by in life. Never really standing out, but never really having the motivation to try to. I've just let myself do adequately and just go with the flow. But now, with her, I want to improve myself. Not just physically (though I could stand losing a bit of gut), but as a person. It's not about changing to make someone like me, I already know she likes me enough, but it's about being with someone that is so important to you that you just want to be the best version of yourself for them. I want to be a better social person so that when we go out with her friends I don't seem awkward. I want to have a better schedule and routine so when she asks me how my day is I don't seem like a slob. I want to have better style so that when she sees me she's impressed. I want to be the sort of person that she doesn't just like being with - but she's excited to be with and feels as lucky to be with as I feel lucky to be with her.

But honestly, I don't know what that means. I guess I should just get out and do things outside my comfort zone until they no longer are outside it, but part of me also wants to remain as I am. Obviously there's a balance - improving oneself without changing who they are fundamentally. But I just don't know what to do or how much I should improve about me before it becomes an issue and it seems like I'm changing too much or trying too hard.

And... and I'm worried that I'll try to improve myself and fail. I'm worried that I'm going to try hard to become someone better but I'll realize that the cripplingly anti-social lazy slob that I am is the extent of who I am. And I worry that if that's the truth, she'll realize it and it will scare her away.


I dunno, I'm probably just fretting too much as I always do. Maybe I should just focus on work for now.


At the risk of sounding douchey...

+ Show Spoiler [Step 1] +
Using someone else as motivation for change is never really going to work. You have to want to be better for you. Maybe your self as she sees (or you think she sees) can be a realization of some kind, but, in the end, another person's feelings is not a good catalyst for real change. Is this something YOU really want? Can you think of a compelling reason other than for this person to BE "better"? If not, it's probably not worth doing.

+ Show Spoiler +
Well I get that, I really do. But it's not that I want to change for her, like I said she already likes me enough to date me for 9 months and take me to meet her family and friends. But it's more like, I've always known that I'm kind of a crappy person, and I've never liked who I was. I'm lazy and unmotivated, I slack at work and in personal stuff, etc etc. I mean come on, you've seen how I would post about how much I hated myself. But I was never motivated to do anything about these things that I knew needed to change because I never really thought I would amount to anything. But now... I think I might. And that's enough reason for me.

My last relationship was... look, I wasn't posting on TL at the time but it was shit. We lied to each other, I basically had to change who I was for her to like me (she hated my friends, she didn't like me playing games, she wanted to go partying all the time, etc). I know what it's like to change yourself when you don't want to just to make someone like you. This isn't that. This is loving someone so much that you want to improve yourself for them. Because if this person - this amazing, beautiful individual - loves you back the way you are now, then you're worth loving and worth improving. Being with her, for the first time in a long time, I feel like I'm a worthwhile person.


sorry about the blogging

+ Show Spoiler +
Hey man i don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to change yourself for/because of someone else. I definitely had that moment with someone, and it was legit the biggest motivator. The hardest part is to keep up that kind of drive when she's not there, but I mean if you're serious about bettering yourself I don't think that'll be a problem.
Bronze player stuck in platinum
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
June 30 2014 15:10 GMT
#46477
On June 30 2014 23:59 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2014 23:41 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On June 30 2014 23:33 Requizen wrote:
No, I just... It's hard to explain without sounding really sappy.

+ Show Spoiler +
I've skated by in life. Never really standing out, but never really having the motivation to try to. I've just let myself do adequately and just go with the flow. But now, with her, I want to improve myself. Not just physically (though I could stand losing a bit of gut), but as a person. It's not about changing to make someone like me, I already know she likes me enough, but it's about being with someone that is so important to you that you just want to be the best version of yourself for them. I want to be a better social person so that when we go out with her friends I don't seem awkward. I want to have a better schedule and routine so when she asks me how my day is I don't seem like a slob. I want to have better style so that when she sees me she's impressed. I want to be the sort of person that she doesn't just like being with - but she's excited to be with and feels as lucky to be with as I feel lucky to be with her.

But honestly, I don't know what that means. I guess I should just get out and do things outside my comfort zone until they no longer are outside it, but part of me also wants to remain as I am. Obviously there's a balance - improving oneself without changing who they are fundamentally. But I just don't know what to do or how much I should improve about me before it becomes an issue and it seems like I'm changing too much or trying too hard.

And... and I'm worried that I'll try to improve myself and fail. I'm worried that I'm going to try hard to become someone better but I'll realize that the cripplingly anti-social lazy slob that I am is the extent of who I am. And I worry that if that's the truth, she'll realize it and it will scare her away.


I dunno, I'm probably just fretting too much as I always do. Maybe I should just focus on work for now.


At the risk of sounding douchey...

+ Show Spoiler [Step 1] +
Using someone else as motivation for change is never really going to work. You have to want to be better for you. Maybe your self as she sees (or you think she sees) can be a realization of some kind, but, in the end, another person's feelings is not a good catalyst for real change. Is this something YOU really want? Can you think of a compelling reason other than for this person to BE "better"? If not, it's probably not worth doing.

+ Show Spoiler +
Well I get that, I really do. But it's not that I want to change for her, like I said she already likes me enough to date me for 9 months and take me to meet her family and friends. But it's more like, I've always known that I'm kind of a crappy person, and I've never liked who I was. I'm lazy and unmotivated, I slack at work and in personal stuff, etc etc. I mean come on, you've seen how I would post about how much I hated myself. But I was never motivated to do anything about these things that I knew needed to change because I never really thought I would amount to anything. But now... I think I might. And that's enough reason for me.

My last relationship was... look, I wasn't posting on TL at the time but it was shit. We lied to each other, I basically had to change who I was for her to like me (she hated my friends, she didn't like me playing games, she wanted to go partying all the time, etc). I know what it's like to change yourself when you don't want to just to make someone like you. This isn't that. This is loving someone so much that you want to improve yourself for them. Because if this person - this amazing, beautiful individual - loves you back the way you are now, then you're worth loving and worth improving. Being with her, for the first time in a long time, I feel like I'm a worthwhile person.


sorry about the blogging


Okay!

+ Show Spoiler [How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Lov…] +

Let's assume that you're in the right head space. I can see the difference between using someone as a REASON for change and someone as a MOTIVATION for change. It's a pretty fine line, so I'd keep an eye on that, but it seems fine overall. Just try to keep in mind your reasons for being better and why it'll help you more than anyone else.

Now comes the EVEN HARDER PART.

1) What do you want to change? What do you think will make you a better person?
2) Do that.
3) Keep doing that.

I think what you're talking about is building up habits that will evoke a change in character. That means you have to determine what those habits are, make a plan for how to get there, and commit to the plan like crazy. It's literally the most difficult thing in the world and very few people ever actually change. BUT it can be done. Creating self-accountability is insanely difficult. I recommend HabitRPG.

I am not an expert and my advice should never be followed.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-30 15:23:17
June 30 2014 15:16 GMT
#46478
You'll have, at one point or another, have to come to terms with the fact that you won't better yourself by snapping fingers and that you'll feel like you're failing because you're trying and not seeing huge progress at some points. Kinda like trying to work out and be surprised that you don't sport a 6-pack by your second week, because it's always harder than that (I mean it's always hard, it's just we don't notice it when we're enjoying the process). So if you're crippled by anxiety and on the look out for any hint of "failure" you certainly will do more trying yourself than actually better yourself.
Mindset and all that.

Also I reached early June for the DotA 2 GD thread and I can get Yango's dismay when I first mentioned reading it. Sure it wasn't too high to begin with, but what a nosedive. x')
(Then again for anyone catching up to our GD the last 2-3 days were pretty ugly too.)
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
June 30 2014 15:19 GMT
#46479
+ Show Spoiler +
i had the exact same thing. Met this special person and she was always nice to me everyday. Would go the extra mile just to be sure I was always in the best mood and left happy. She could never do anything wrong in my eyes and my world was perfect. Then one day she was gone, just gone and no words were said. I don't know if it was because of me but I was hurt. Haven't seen her since but deep down I know she's happy where ever she is. I stayed happy though, the new girl working the front cashier at the McDonald's is just as nice and my Big Macs have never been better. So life is good here
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-30 15:21:02
June 30 2014 15:19 GMT
#46480
I feel like whenever I'm away from this thread for a couple of days or something you guys start talking about super serious things. I also feel like this happens a lot on Monday mornings. Not that it's a bad thing or anything, I'm just making some casual observations.

Also happy Monday friends!

To my fellow Canadians: Do you guys have any plans for Canada day? If so what are they?

To my fellow non-Canadians: Do you guys have any plans for tomorrow? If so what are they?

EDIT: I feel like this post is an attempt to derail the serious conversations, this isn't my intent. You guys just ignore me and just keep talking.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
Prev 1 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2003
GuemChi 1587
Artosis 665
910 65
Bale 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm160
Counter-Strike
taco 408
minikerr17
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox468
Other Games
summit1g7857
Doublelift2332
JimRising 521
Day[9].tv348
C9.Mang0340
PiGStarcraft279
Maynarde135
CosmosSc2 45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick942
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream20
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 122
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv348
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 13m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
9h 13m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
22h 13m
Patches Events
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.