• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:27
CEST 11:27
KST 18:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8883 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 2325

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 5162 Next
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
June 30 2014 15:22 GMT
#46481
On July 01 2014 00:19 Frudgey wrote:
I feel like whenever I'm away from this thread for a couple of days or something you guys start talking about super serious things. I also feel like this happens a lot on Monday mornings. Not that it's a bad thing or anything, I'm just making some casual observations.

Also happy Monday friends!

To my fellow Canadians: Do you guys have any plans for Canada day? If so what are they?

To my fellow non-Canadians: Do you guys have any plans for tomorrow? If so what are they?

EDIT: I feel like this post is an attempt to derail the serious conversations, this isn't my intent. You guys just ignore me and just keep talking.

Someone made canada day the day the US plays in the world cup? were they trying to make sure the US overshadows canada like always?

(kidding of course).
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
June 30 2014 15:23 GMT
#46482
On July 01 2014 00:19 Frudgey wrote:
I feel like whenever I'm away from this thread for a couple of days or something you guys start talking about super serious things. I also feel like this happens a lot on Monday mornings. Not that it's a bad thing or anything, I'm just making some casual observations.

Also happy Monday friends!

To my fellow Canadians: Do you guys have any plans for Canada day? If so what are they?

To my fellow non-Canadians: Do you guys have any plans for tomorrow? If so what are they?

EDIT: I feel like this post is an attempt to derail the serious conversations, this isn't my intent. You guys just ignore me and just keep talking.


Between the discussion of Canada Day and the overt attempts to offend no one, this may be the most Canadian post to ever grace TLLOLOTGD.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
June 30 2014 15:24 GMT
#46483
Canada Day stream? Of hockey?
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 30 2014 15:32 GMT
#46484
On July 01 2014 00:19 Frudgey wrote:
I feel like whenever I'm away from this thread for a couple of days or something you guys start talking about super serious things. I also feel like this happens a lot on Monday mornings. Not that it's a bad thing or anything, I'm just making some casual observations.

Also happy Monday friends!

To my fellow Canadians: Do you guys have any plans for Canada day? If so what are they?

To my fellow non-Canadians: Do you guys have any plans for tomorrow? If so what are they?

EDIT: I feel like this post is an attempt to derail the serious conversations, this isn't my intent. You guys just ignore me and just keep talking.

What is a Canada Day?

Tomorrow I think I might pop over to the game store and see what the Tuesday 40k crowd is like. I enjoy my games on Thursday, but lately they've been playing big 2v2 or 3v3 games, when I really enjoy the 1 on 1 matches. Whenever we do 1000pts each 3v3, someone always ends up getting shitstomped because certain armies just don't work at different point levels. For example, one of our Guard players ended up getting rolled in turn 1 of our game last week because we popped both of his Leman Russes since there were 3 armies worth of Anti-Vehicle on him. If it had been just a 1v1, I might have been able to drop one of them with Gauss fire but he would have had a much easier time fighting back. Sure, we have fun with those games, but they never feel really balanced. 1500 1v1 is where all armies have a chance to compete evenly, imo.
It's your boy Guzma!
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
June 30 2014 15:42 GMT
#46485
On July 01 2014 00:32 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2014 00:19 Frudgey wrote:
I feel like whenever I'm away from this thread for a couple of days or something you guys start talking about super serious things. I also feel like this happens a lot on Monday mornings. Not that it's a bad thing or anything, I'm just making some casual observations.

Also happy Monday friends!

To my fellow Canadians: Do you guys have any plans for Canada day? If so what are they?

To my fellow non-Canadians: Do you guys have any plans for tomorrow? If so what are they?

EDIT: I feel like this post is an attempt to derail the serious conversations, this isn't my intent. You guys just ignore me and just keep talking.

What is a Canada Day?

Tomorrow I think I might pop over to the game store and see what the Tuesday 40k crowd is like. I enjoy my games on Thursday, but lately they've been playing big 2v2 or 3v3 games, when I really enjoy the 1 on 1 matches. Whenever we do 1000pts each 3v3, someone always ends up getting shitstomped because certain armies just don't work at different point levels. For example, one of our Guard players ended up getting rolled in turn 1 of our game last week because we popped both of his Leman Russes since there were 3 armies worth of Anti-Vehicle on him. If it had been just a 1v1, I might have been able to drop one of them with Gauss fire but he would have had a much easier time fighting back. Sure, we have fun with those games, but they never feel really balanced. 1500 1v1 is where all armies have a chance to compete evenly, imo.


Canada Day is really not that different from independence day
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
June 30 2014 15:49 GMT
#46486
On July 01 2014 00:42 Sufficiency wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2014 00:32 Requizen wrote:
On July 01 2014 00:19 Frudgey wrote:
I feel like whenever I'm away from this thread for a couple of days or something you guys start talking about super serious things. I also feel like this happens a lot on Monday mornings. Not that it's a bad thing or anything, I'm just making some casual observations.

Also happy Monday friends!

To my fellow Canadians: Do you guys have any plans for Canada day? If so what are they?

To my fellow non-Canadians: Do you guys have any plans for tomorrow? If so what are they?

EDIT: I feel like this post is an attempt to derail the serious conversations, this isn't my intent. You guys just ignore me and just keep talking.

What is a Canada Day?

Tomorrow I think I might pop over to the game store and see what the Tuesday 40k crowd is like. I enjoy my games on Thursday, but lately they've been playing big 2v2 or 3v3 games, when I really enjoy the 1 on 1 matches. Whenever we do 1000pts each 3v3, someone always ends up getting shitstomped because certain armies just don't work at different point levels. For example, one of our Guard players ended up getting rolled in turn 1 of our game last week because we popped both of his Leman Russes since there were 3 armies worth of Anti-Vehicle on him. If it had been just a 1v1, I might have been able to drop one of them with Gauss fire but he would have had a much easier time fighting back. Sure, we have fun with those games, but they never feel really balanced. 1500 1v1 is where all armies have a chance to compete evenly, imo.


Canada Day is really not that different from independence day


um

pls
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 30 2014 15:53 GMT
#46487
I don't remember Will Smith shooting down aliens in Canada Day.

On June 30 2014 23:33 Requizen wrote:
No, I just... It's hard to explain without sounding really sappy.

+ Show Spoiler +
I've skated by in life. Never really standing out, but never really having the motivation to try to. I've just let myself do adequately and just go with the flow. But now, with her, I want to improve myself. Not just physically (though I could stand losing a bit of gut), but as a person. It's not about changing to make someone like me, I already know she likes me enough, but it's about being with someone that is so important to you that you just want to be the best version of yourself for them. I want to be a better social person so that when we go out with her friends I don't seem awkward. I want to have a better schedule and routine so when she asks me how my day is I don't seem like a slob. I want to have better style so that when she sees me she's impressed. I want to be the sort of person that she doesn't just like being with - but she's excited to be with and feels as lucky to be with as I feel lucky to be with her.

But honestly, I don't know what that means. I guess I should just get out and do things outside my comfort zone until they no longer are outside it, but part of me also wants to remain as I am. Obviously there's a balance - improving oneself without changing who they are fundamentally. But I just don't know what to do or how much I should improve about me before it becomes an issue and it seems like I'm changing too much or trying too hard.

And... and I'm worried that I'll try to improve myself and fail. I'm worried that I'm going to try hard to become someone better but I'll realize that the cripplingly anti-social lazy slob that I am is the extent of who I am. And I worry that if that's the truth, she'll realize it and it will scare her away.


I dunno, I'm probably just fretting too much as I always do. Maybe I should just focus on work for now.

You should read this.
Zess
Profile Joined July 2012
Adun Toridas!9144 Posts
June 30 2014 16:13 GMT
#46488
I'm about to pick up a 4 pack of Viscera Cleanup Detail. I'll probably give them away for free before the next game night and we can have 4 man gore cleanup.
Administrator@TL_Zess
| (• ◡•)|八 (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 30 2014 16:38 GMT
#46489
Can't decide whether or not facial hair is worth keeping right now.

Wife is going to be a big factor in that one too.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
PrinceXizor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States17713 Posts
June 30 2014 16:40 GMT
#46490
On July 01 2014 01:38 WaveofShadow wrote:
Can't decide whether or not facial hair is worth keeping right now.

Wife is going to be a big factor in that one too.

keep it at 10 day length, unless your wife dislikes it alot.
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
June 30 2014 16:49 GMT
#46491
Sometimes you gotta be a man and grow out the beard. Be a man wave, grow that beard
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
June 30 2014 16:53 GMT
#46492
my beard needs a trim, i've got an abe lincon thing going on now
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
June 30 2014 17:02 GMT
#46493
On July 01 2014 01:49 Shelke14 wrote:
Sometimes you gotta be a man and grow out the beard. Be a man wave, grow that beard


I am incapable of growing any decent facial hair at all. It's sad.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Lord Tolkien
Profile Joined November 2012
United States12084 Posts
June 30 2014 17:36 GMT
#46494
On July 01 2014 01:38 WaveofShadow wrote:
Can't decide whether or not facial hair is worth keeping right now.

Wife is going to be a big factor in that one too.

"His father is pretty juicy tbh." ~WaveofShadow
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 30 2014 17:38 GMT
#46495
Since buzzing my hair my wife is more open to the scruff but yeah, I don't get very far along before she reminds me I need to shave regularly
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
June 30 2014 17:38 GMT
#46496


I can't grow much facial hair, but enough to force myself to shave. Meh. :<
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-30 17:46:09
June 30 2014 17:44 GMT
#46497
The beard stays!
Gonna go out and get a proper trimmer so I can keep it at a decent length, but I think it helps with my whole 'looks too young' issue. The upkeep and slight discomfort as compared to being clean-shaven is gonna take some getting used to. Also I had to promise the wife I wouldn't rub my face against hers anymore cause it'll irritate her skin. Maybe I post pic latar.

Or facecam if I stream tomorrow. I already feel a little better about my appearance since getting out of hospital. The recovery is real. I should weigh myself again. Just had pizza.

Edit: oh and I forgot to take pre-trim and haircut pics. It was pretty awful looking though. Maybe I can find a pic of the last time I let it go for a month+ for reference or something.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
June 30 2014 17:46 GMT
#46498
On July 01 2014 02:44 WaveofShadow wrote:
The beard stays!
Gonna go out and get a proper trimmer so I can keep it at a decent length, but I think it helps with my whole 'looks too young' issue. The upkeep and slight discomfort as compared to being clean-shaven is gonna take some getting used to. Also I had to promise the wife I wouldn't rub my face against hers anymore cause it'll irritate her skin. Maybe I post pic latar.

Or facecam if I stream tomorrow. I already feel a little better about my appearance since getting out of hospital. The recovery is real. I should weigh myself again. Just had pizza.

Edit: oh and I forgot to take pre-trim and haircut pics. It was pretty awful looking though. Maybe I can find a pic of the last time I let it go for a month+ for reference or something.


your attitude change has been remarkable in just a few short days
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
June 30 2014 17:52 GMT
#46499
On July 01 2014 02:46 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2014 02:44 WaveofShadow wrote:
The beard stays!
Gonna go out and get a proper trimmer so I can keep it at a decent length, but I think it helps with my whole 'looks too young' issue. The upkeep and slight discomfort as compared to being clean-shaven is gonna take some getting used to. Also I had to promise the wife I wouldn't rub my face against hers anymore cause it'll irritate her skin. Maybe I post pic latar.

Or facecam if I stream tomorrow. I already feel a little better about my appearance since getting out of hospital. The recovery is real. I should weigh myself again. Just had pizza.

Edit: oh and I forgot to take pre-trim and haircut pics. It was pretty awful looking though. Maybe I can find a pic of the last time I let it go for a month+ for reference or something.


your attitude change has been remarkable in just a few short days

It's gotta be the whole milk doing it's work.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
June 30 2014 17:59 GMT
#46500
no it was the pizza
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Prev 1 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech6
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 401
Horang2 303
Larva 257
EffOrt 180
Mind 76
Hyun 62
scan(afreeca) 51
NotJumperer 42
Killer 40
Bale 38
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 37
Sharp 35
sorry 35
Shinee 22
Sacsri 13
Hm[arnc] 13
Pusan 13
Barracks 6
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto113
League of Legends
JimRising 422
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1223
edward147
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King110
Other Games
summit1g8196
ceh9637
Happy366
crisheroes199
Sick156
dupreeh69
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick594
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2284
League of Legends
• Jankos1204
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
33m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 33m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 33m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.