• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:14
CEST 07:14
KST 14:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War425.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8793 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 1460

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 5162 Next
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
March 19 2014 19:22 GMT
#29181
On March 20 2014 04:05 mordek wrote:
HC wizard was the last status update but who knows. If he's like shelke he's probably dead already TT


Game is hard?

Apparently it actually will be at 70, but I am so confused at the amount of death already happening, especially since it's not like "well I got ballsy and checked out what Torment 4 is all about."
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
March 19 2014 19:23 GMT
#29182
So I'm finally able to stay awake, hello chums.
Crusnik
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5378 Posts
March 19 2014 19:30 GMT
#29183
Free to Play was pretty good, and I do agree Dendi's sister is pretty hot.

In other news, my god, best cover of Let it Go. 10/10 would listen again.

Steam: rook492
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
March 19 2014 19:32 GMT
#29184
On March 20 2014 04:22 red_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2014 04:05 mordek wrote:
HC wizard was the last status update but who knows. If he's like shelke he's probably dead already TT


Game is hard?

Apparently it actually will be at 70, but I am so confused at the amount of death already happening, especially since it's not like "well I got ballsy and checked out what Torment 4 is all about."


Sometimes the game will come together to kill you with something akin to Vortex/Frozen explosion combo. However if you play safely you generally don't have problems, but as always sometimes you get screwed over by a bad elite/champ combo you thought you could handle.
-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-19 19:39:31
March 19 2014 19:35 GMT
#29185
On March 20 2014 04:32 Parnage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2014 04:22 red_ wrote:
On March 20 2014 04:05 mordek wrote:
HC wizard was the last status update but who knows. If he's like shelke he's probably dead already TT


Game is hard?

Apparently it actually will be at 70, but I am so confused at the amount of death already happening, especially since it's not like "well I got ballsy and checked out what Torment 4 is all about."


Sometimes the game will come together to kill you with something akin to Vortex/Frozen explosion combo. However if you play safely you generally don't have problems, but as always sometimes you get screwed over by a bad elite/champ combo you thought you could handle.

If you don't have an out against that, it means you need a safer setup or you were farming too high a difficulty. Even if there's 1/1000 chance of an affix combo that kills you, the amount of elites/champions you kill at max level is high enough that you need to be safer than that if you don't want to be losing characters regularly. This is especially true given the difficulty/reward distribution of the game right now--the rewards of farming higher difficulties for the most part isn't worth the risk of losing characters.

You shouldn't be playing HC like SC where stuff can kill you if you get unlucky, excepting DCs.
Moderator
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
March 19 2014 19:44 GMT
#29186
On March 20 2014 04:30 Crusnik wrote:
Free to Play was pretty good, and I do agree Dendi's sister is pretty hot.

In other news, my god, best cover of Let it Go. 10/10 would listen again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjbPszSt5Pc

I like the Scuttle part haha
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
March 19 2014 19:44 GMT
#29187
You seem to be under the impression that I play to a standard that would be considered good. Sometimes you don't get to tumble/teleport/escape move here in time. *shrug* I do agree with you however. Also stop making me want to play d3 more darnit.
-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
March 19 2014 19:46 GMT
#29188
On March 20 2014 04:32 Parnage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2014 04:22 red_ wrote:
On March 20 2014 04:05 mordek wrote:
HC wizard was the last status update but who knows. If he's like shelke he's probably dead already TT


Game is hard?

Apparently it actually will be at 70, but I am so confused at the amount of death already happening, especially since it's not like "well I got ballsy and checked out what Torment 4 is all about."


Sometimes the game will come together to kill you with something akin to Vortex/Frozen explosion combo. However if you play safely you generally don't have problems, but as always sometimes you get screwed over by a bad elite/champ combo you thought you could handle.

You should then make sure you have enough 'toughness' to be able to sit there while frozen and eat some autos and stuff, or be able to sit through Molten/Plagued/Desecrator for a few seconds.
If you can handle those then you're playing on the right difficulty.

Like every once in a while I get ballsy or lazy and run through multiple elite packs to try to get to the keywarden but even then I know I have multiple outs in health potions, vault, life on hit, etc and I know I can't be oneshot (or even 5 shot) by anything.

Closest I've come to dying lately has been T2 Uber Zolton Kuul/Siegebreaker fight when I forgot to change to the DH defense passive, getting trapped INSIDE a bunch of Champion walls where I couldn't attack/vault/move for a while, and fighting 2 elites plus A2 keywarden at the same time (his mortars add up fast when I'm not paying attention to them).

twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
March 19 2014 19:46 GMT
#29189
On March 20 2014 04:32 Parnage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2014 04:22 red_ wrote:
On March 20 2014 04:05 mordek wrote:
HC wizard was the last status update but who knows. If he's like shelke he's probably dead already TT


Game is hard?

Apparently it actually will be at 70, but I am so confused at the amount of death already happening, especially since it's not like "well I got ballsy and checked out what Torment 4 is all about."


Sometimes the game will come together to kill you with something akin to Vortex/Frozen explosion combo. However if you play safely you generally don't have problems, but as always sometimes you get screwed over by a bad elite/champ combo you thought you could handle.


It's almost unanimously agreed upon, even in the Legacy geared SC community, that higher torment levels sole purpose is Paragon leveling, which you will generally do in a few specific spots(old ruins waypoint zombie pile, Royal Audience runs, Ghom runs, CotA, Keep Depths). Knowing that only like 3 of the TLers playing have any legacy gear, in combination with the knowledge that RoS is now a week away, just makes me incredibly confused at why people are event attempting to push the envelope at all. There is 0 purpose to risking a character right now when none of us are capable of XP farming at high torments, so it's best to just master or t1 farm for exp and items at the same time(or keys).

My barb survived a DC in the middle of a champion pack on T1, which basically exemplifies why I farm on T1.
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
March 19 2014 19:51 GMT
#29190
Speaking of keys, fuck that spine. We need a full group doing key runnsssss
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
March 19 2014 19:55 GMT
#29191
HC Wizard makes things super ez. Shoot AoE bombs kite like a motherfucker np
It's your boy Guzma!
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-19 19:56:56
March 19 2014 19:56 GMT
#29192
What's the suppose to mean. "If he's like shelke, he's already dead". You mean if he's badass, awesome, tough as fuck and willing to fight the forces of evil at the toughest because fuck them I'm here to save the world. Then yes.


*flexes*
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
March 19 2014 19:57 GMT
#29193
On March 20 2014 04:55 Requizen wrote:
HC Wizard makes things super ez. Shoot AoE bombs kite like a motherfucker np


My SC minion Witch Doctor makes me think that HC WD would be super easy. So many shields of meat.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
March 19 2014 20:00 GMT
#29194
On March 20 2014 04:56 Shelke14 wrote:
What's the suppose to mean. "If he's like shelke, he's already dead". You mean if he's badass, awesome, tough as fuck and willing to fight the forces of evil at the toughest because fuck them I'm here to save the world. Then yes.


*flexes*

That's precisely what I meant
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
March 19 2014 20:00 GMT
#29195
On March 20 2014 04:56 Shelke14 wrote:
What's the suppose to mean. "If he's like shelke, he's already dead". You mean if he's badass, awesome, tough as fuck and willing to fight the forces of evil at the toughest because fuck them I'm here to save the world. Then yes.


*flexes*


I'am reminded of that one DnD fanfilm where a guy kept suicide running his character into the villain and after each death would pull out a new character sheet and try it again. Shelke is bravest of people.

I'll be on d3 tonight for hc I guess.. I expect to get myself killed with my silly beam of doom build.
-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
March 19 2014 20:02 GMT
#29196
On March 20 2014 05:00 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2014 04:56 Shelke14 wrote:
What's the suppose to mean. "If he's like shelke, he's already dead". You mean if he's badass, awesome, tough as fuck and willing to fight the forces of evil at the toughest because fuck them I'm here to save the world. Then yes.


*flexes*

That's precisely what I meant



K awesome.

Man, haven't been sleeping properly lately so I've been drinking lots of rockstar energy drinks. Just took a piss and the stream is lime green. Lol. Anyways, I need to stop drinking energy drinks.
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
March 19 2014 20:04 GMT
#29197
On March 20 2014 05:02 Shelke14 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2014 05:00 mordek wrote:
On March 20 2014 04:56 Shelke14 wrote:
What's the suppose to mean. "If he's like shelke, he's already dead". You mean if he's badass, awesome, tough as fuck and willing to fight the forces of evil at the toughest because fuck them I'm here to save the world. Then yes.


*flexes*

That's precisely what I meant



K awesome.

Man, haven't been sleeping properly lately so I've been drinking lots of rockstar energy drinks. Just took a piss and the stream is lime green. Lol. Anyways, I need to stop drinking energy drinks.


Sounds really healthy.

Drink some water.
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
March 19 2014 20:06 GMT
#29198
Shelke found dead in his apartment. His dying words, written on the wall, "Life isn't Hardcore enough".

Coroner says he died from a "totally bitchin heart attack".
It's your boy Guzma!
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
March 19 2014 20:08 GMT
#29199
Lol. Yea water is def needed. Need more sleep too.

I live in a town house brotha!
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
March 19 2014 20:10 GMT
#29200
What the fuck, Shelke.
And yeeaaaahhhhh HC bros lets run all sortsa shit tonight

I promise no dying!
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Prev 1 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 291
Mind 64
Bale 25
ZergMaN 11
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
League of Legends
JimRising 706
Other Games
summit1g7421
Coldzera 709
WinterStarcraft575
C9.Mang0285
Sick177
ViBE148
febbydoto18
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick721
BasetradeTV173
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 52
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2109
League of Legends
• Rush1026
Other Games
• Shiphtur522
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
4h 46m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
6h 46m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 46m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 46m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.