• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:04
CEST 06:04
KST 13:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9966 users

[DreamHack] Leipzig Day 3 - Page 34

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 All
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-24 18:41:54
January 24 2016 18:41 GMT
#661
Guys, I figured out the true reason Drogo won.

A deal with the devil.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Phredxor
Profile Joined May 2013
New Zealand15076 Posts
January 24 2016 18:44 GMT
#662
No wonder Choya lost in GSL, too busy training Drogo.

Drogo to MVP.
imre
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
France9263 Posts
January 24 2016 19:30 GMT
#663
On January 25 2016 00:28 FLuE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2016 00:20 showstealer1829 wrote:
I guess the time makes a difference but 30k for an all foreign final sounds pathetic


Thats about what any SC2 event is pulling these days if not less. I can't think of the last time I've seen any numbers as high/higher. Do you think it would have been 50-75k if it were two Koreans? Or one Korean and a Foreigner? I don't think it would have been much different either way.



NW3 was around 50k with french + english stream. For an online event.
Zest fanboy.
BaneRiders
Profile Joined August 2013
Sweden3630 Posts
January 24 2016 19:53 GMT
#664
On January 25 2016 02:30 207aicila wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2016 02:29 BaneRiders wrote:
On January 25 2016 01:29 Poopi wrote:
On January 25 2016 01:06 BaneRiders wrote:
On January 25 2016 00:04 The_Masked_Shrimp wrote:
I was really surprised by uthermal and ptitdrogo level during the tournament, nice to see a french player take it all, unfortunately winning the dreamhack in 2016 doesn't really mean anything


When was the last time you won $16,000 and earned 1,000 WCS points?

The old fallacy "you need to be a great actor to say bad things about actors".


I don't quite understand what you are aiming at , I'm pointing out that winning DH means, in this case, $16,000 in your pocket and 1,000 WCS points in addition, which, in my opinion, should mean quite a lot to any SC2 player out there. However, for someone that regularly wins this kind of money, maybe it does mean nothing. At least in theory. I have yet to hear from someone winning that kind of money / points that it doesn't mean anything. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here.


Not sure if you're purposely baiting or what, but it's pretty obvious that what The_Masked_Shrimp meant was that the competition is so gimped compared to previous events that winning the tournament is less of an accomplishment, from a competitive (not winnings) standpoint, than before.


This tournament had practically the same players as WCS 2015 season 1, 2 and 3 and Drogo had to win 7 matches to win this tourney, just the same as Lilbow or any of the others that won a WCS 2015 event. The major difference lies in the qualifier / challenger, but then again, all DHs in the past invited most top notch players, with a limited number of participants earning their spot through qualifiers. Of course, DHs also give room for lots of local talent, which is a really nice thing imo.

I can only assume that the people who think this particular tournament doesn't mean anything also think that WCS 2015 didn't mean anything, and furthermore, currently being the best foreigner also doesn't mean anything. Personally I disagree with all of the above, I think it is quite an achievement of Drogo here, and I hope Drogo, Bly and the rest are getting even more inspired to practice for and compete in the next WCS circuit event. I don't know how far $16,000 will take you in France / $8,000 will take you in Ukraine, but I sure hope it means these guys can concentrate full time on and after the qualifiers (if they make it through) for the Winter Circuit Championship. There is really no need to hate on them for doing well in DH Leipzig.

Lastly, and this is probably what set me off in the first place, I wonder why so many people spend time posting in live threads here, constantly lamenting over foreigners, stating that they won't watch this or that tournament etc etc. So much bitterness, jeez. Life is short, do something that makes you happy instead. And on that happy note, I'm out of this thread, because life is indeed short, unlike this post. I'm really looking forward to the Winter Circuit Championship qualifiers in a week or so, and for those that prefer following GSL and SSL, I hope you get lots of great games to watch in the coming days!
Earth, Water, Air and Protoss!
The_Masked_Shrimp
Profile Joined February 2012
425 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-24 20:13:58
January 24 2016 19:54 GMT
#665
On January 25 2016 01:06 BaneRiders wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2016 00:04 The_Masked_Shrimp wrote:
I was really surprised by uthermal and ptitdrogo level during the tournament, nice to see a french player take it all, unfortunately winning the dreamhack in 2016 doesn't really mean anything


When was the last time you won $16,000 and earned 1,000 WCS points?


Money doesn't make you a better player, compared to the achievement level a winning a dreamhack packed with relevant koreans, winning a dreamhack now hardly means anything in terms of achievement. It may be good to help foreigners make a better living (and I doubt that, it's just good for the top 4 ... ) but it won't help reduce the gap between korean pros and others.

And btw you can 40% tax off his 16k, plus mYinsanity share. No way he can live off that alone in France. ANd he is 1st place; you'd have to at least win 2 of those to make an OK living.

I'm not just trashtalking, i have tons of respect for player and what they have to sacrifice to follow their passion. But that's not a reason to be an idealistic rainbowtailed poney wearing blinkers. The foreigner-Korea koreans skill gap is only going to increase with this new system, and it will not help to sustain a foreign pro scene, only the very top contenders. I think it's important to point out when something wrong is wrong and not just be a permanent happy/positive/optimistic person that only sees the good in things.
showstealer1829
Profile Blog Joined May 2014
Australia3123 Posts
January 24 2016 20:01 GMT
#666
On January 25 2016 03:41 Elentos wrote:
Guys, I figured out the true reason Drogo won.
https://twitter.com/MVPChoya/status/691220788704227328
A deal with the devil.


He followed the one true path!
There is no understanding. There is only Choya. Choya is the way. Choya is Love. Choya is Life. Has is the Light in the Protoss Dark and Nightmare is his chosen Acolyte
207aicila
Profile Joined January 2015
1237 Posts
January 24 2016 20:04 GMT
#667
On January 25 2016 04:53 BaneRiders wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2016 02:30 207aicila wrote:
On January 25 2016 02:29 BaneRiders wrote:
On January 25 2016 01:29 Poopi wrote:
On January 25 2016 01:06 BaneRiders wrote:
On January 25 2016 00:04 The_Masked_Shrimp wrote:
I was really surprised by uthermal and ptitdrogo level during the tournament, nice to see a french player take it all, unfortunately winning the dreamhack in 2016 doesn't really mean anything


When was the last time you won $16,000 and earned 1,000 WCS points?

The old fallacy "you need to be a great actor to say bad things about actors".


I don't quite understand what you are aiming at , I'm pointing out that winning DH means, in this case, $16,000 in your pocket and 1,000 WCS points in addition, which, in my opinion, should mean quite a lot to any SC2 player out there. However, for someone that regularly wins this kind of money, maybe it does mean nothing. At least in theory. I have yet to hear from someone winning that kind of money / points that it doesn't mean anything. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here.


Not sure if you're purposely baiting or what, but it's pretty obvious that what The_Masked_Shrimp meant was that the competition is so gimped compared to previous events that winning the tournament is less of an accomplishment, from a competitive (not winnings) standpoint, than before.


This tournament had practically the same players as WCS 2015 season 1, 2 and 3 and Drogo had to win 7 matches to win this tourney, just the same as Lilbow or any of the others that won a WCS 2015 event. The major difference lies in the qualifier / challenger, but then again, all DHs in the past invited most top notch players, with a limited number of participants earning their spot through qualifiers. Of course, DHs also give room for lots of local talent, which is a really nice thing imo.

I can only assume that the people who think this particular tournament doesn't mean anything also think that WCS 2015 didn't mean anything, and furthermore, currently being the best foreigner also doesn't mean anything. Personally I disagree with all of the above, I think it is quite an achievement of Drogo here, and I hope Drogo, Bly and the rest are getting even more inspired to practice for and compete in the next WCS circuit event. I don't know how far $16,000 will take you in France / $8,000 will take you in Ukraine, but I sure hope it means these guys can concentrate full time on and after the qualifiers (if they make it through) for the Winter Circuit Championship. There is really no need to hate on them for doing well in DH Leipzig.

Lastly, and this is probably what set me off in the first place, I wonder why so many people spend time posting in live threads here, constantly lamenting over foreigners, stating that they won't watch this or that tournament etc etc. So much bitterness, jeez. Life is short, do something that makes you happy instead. And on that happy note, I'm out of this thread, because life is indeed short, unlike this post. I'm really looking forward to the Winter Circuit Championship qualifiers in a week or so, and for those that prefer following GSL and SSL, I hope you get lots of great games to watch in the coming days!


Please don't conflate me with the people who are as extreme as to say this DH means jack shit or that I'm never watching any non-Korean tournament ever again.

I'm just really surprised how many people in the community seem to think this is a positive change when it's clearly going to have a negative impact on the Korean scene.

As for your point about being the best foreigner, I do think it means something, but I don't think it was decided here at this tournament. Then again, I never would make that decision (for myself, obviously) based on a single tournament, but rather longer term results and showings against strong players.
mfw people who never followed BW speak about sAviOr as if they know anything... -___-''''
TL+ Member
[F_]aths
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany3947 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-24 20:24:51
January 24 2016 20:17 GMT
#668
[image loading]

Player area is empty as the finals were shown on the main stage.



[image loading]

The coveted trophy.



[image loading]

The finalists shake hands. I rooted for Bly.



[image loading]

Yet Ptitdrogo won.



I have many more photos covering all three days, but I am still in the hotel where I cannot process the Raw images. I will post my best DH Leipzig photos within a few days.
You don't choose to play zerg. The zerg choose you.
shid0x
Profile Joined July 2012
Korea (South)5014 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-24 20:19:36
January 24 2016 20:17 GMT
#669
I don't know how far $16,000 will take you in France

You can live with it for 10 months on france, assuming you spend 1500 euros per month.
Since drogo lives with 2 people ( and far from paris so cheap rent ) and thus dividing the charges i think its pretty ok.
RIP MKP
Prev 1 32 33 34 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings47
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 210
PiLiPiLi 47
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3898
ViBE142
BeSt 108
Bale 32
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm183
Other Games
summit1g7227
JimRising 637
WinterStarcraft497
C9.Mang0263
Sick91
febbydoto5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1088
BasetradeTV147
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP114
• practicex 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur432
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
5h 56m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
7h 56m
AI Arena Tournament
12h 56m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14h 56m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Patches Events
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.