• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:11
CEST 18:11
KST 01:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8802 users

[WCS AM] Ro32 Group E Premier Season 1 2014 - Page 33

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 All
partydude89
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
1850 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-05 08:03:21
March 05 2014 08:02 GMT
#641
I'm sorry, but i can't stop laughing. Hero, Winner of IEM Cologne just a week ago or so, and now he falls off in the round32. Polt couldn't take him down, but Huk and Xingua could.. Thats starcraft for ya. And as much as sometimes i feel like i hate the randomness, i freaking love it at the same time. makes for exciting games.
#1 Official Hack Fan|#2 Bomber behind Wintex.|Curious|Life|Flash|TY|Cure|Maru|sOs|Jin Air Green Wings fighting!|SBENU Fighting!|
aZealot
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
New Zealand5447 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-05 08:12:37
March 05 2014 08:12 GMT
#642
To be fair, while I was surprised and saddened, I wasn't stunned. Hero has always been somewhat inconsistent in my mind.
KT best KT ~ 2014
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
March 05 2014 09:51 GMT
#643
God damnit HerO, at least lose in proleague too... kill my anti and then lose, why?
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Shinta)
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1716 Posts
March 05 2014 11:04 GMT
#644
lol awesome! I looked at this group and thought "I hope HuK and XiGua win" but I was positive that one or even both of them would drop out.
What an awesome surprise that they both made it through!
Suteki Da Ne 素敵だね Isn't it Wonderful
Shinta)
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1716 Posts
March 05 2014 11:11 GMT
#645
On March 05 2014 14:37 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2014 12:11 Tenks wrote:
On March 05 2014 12:09 Darkhorse wrote:
On March 05 2014 12:07 Tenks wrote:
On March 05 2014 12:06 Darkhorse wrote:


I know you're a Hero fan but that is a terrible state of mind for a pro-gamer. If you lose you need to go into the training chamber and emerge better.

Eh lots of players are doing this now. TheStC and ForGG are ones that come to recent memory.


And despite being a huge ForGG fan (I almost named my dog Finn ... but my wife put the brakes on it) I thought it was silly to claim such things after a loss. It reeks of attention seeking and grabbing for "oh no you're so good!" compliments on twitter. Maybe I'm just too old to participate in social media these days.

-edit-

STC looked terrible though

Trust me, when you lose something and write what hero did on twitter, it's NOT fishing for supportive comments. I dont know how to explain it, but it's just such a horrible feeling and you dont feel like there's any outlet for it.

Show nested quote +
On March 05 2014 12:08 kaykoose wrote:
On March 05 2014 12:06 Darkhorse wrote:
https://twitter.com/Liquid_HerO/status/441046693341974528


Why do players say shit like this? No you shouldn't quit.. just play better next time

You've never lost something you worked hard for huh? It's dark as fuck when you do.

I have lost tennis matches when my profession was tennis. It happened all the time. Tournaments that I trained night and day for.
I did so all the way until injury forced me out of the professional scene.

I never once thought "I should quit tennis" after losing. Even after traveling and losing in the first round after just playing an off day, as a professional, you realize the situations you can get I to, and you adapt to it appropriately.

You quit if you have to (can't support your career/get injured/etc), not out of a lack of motivation due to a single loss.


Ofc there are several factors, including career that he's thinking of, but that's just my 2 cents. A person needs to have their resolves. If you do something, do it! There's no time to cry until after it's over. It's not over for HerO (unless there are things in the back going on).
Suteki Da Ne 素敵だね Isn't it Wonderful
Undead1993
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany17651 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-05 12:14:54
March 05 2014 12:14 GMT
#646
t.t hero.. but huk yay
SEKO SEKO SEKO SEKO SEKO
Jer99
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada8160 Posts
March 05 2014 12:26 GMT
#647
On March 05 2014 21:14 Undead1993 wrote:
t.t hero.. but huk yay


This is a good summary
StrategyTaeJa #1 || @TL_Jer99 || "seeker seeked out his seeking"
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
March 05 2014 12:42 GMT
#648
On March 05 2014 20:11 Shinta) wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2014 14:37 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On March 05 2014 12:11 Tenks wrote:
On March 05 2014 12:09 Darkhorse wrote:
On March 05 2014 12:07 Tenks wrote:
On March 05 2014 12:06 Darkhorse wrote:
https://twitter.com/Liquid_HerO/status/441046693341974528


I know you're a Hero fan but that is a terrible state of mind for a pro-gamer. If you lose you need to go into the training chamber and emerge better.

Eh lots of players are doing this now. TheStC and ForGG are ones that come to recent memory.


And despite being a huge ForGG fan (I almost named my dog Finn ... but my wife put the brakes on it) I thought it was silly to claim such things after a loss. It reeks of attention seeking and grabbing for "oh no you're so good!" compliments on twitter. Maybe I'm just too old to participate in social media these days.

-edit-

STC looked terrible though

Trust me, when you lose something and write what hero did on twitter, it's NOT fishing for supportive comments. I dont know how to explain it, but it's just such a horrible feeling and you dont feel like there's any outlet for it.

On March 05 2014 12:08 kaykoose wrote:
On March 05 2014 12:06 Darkhorse wrote:
https://twitter.com/Liquid_HerO/status/441046693341974528


Why do players say shit like this? No you shouldn't quit.. just play better next time

You've never lost something you worked hard for huh? It's dark as fuck when you do.

I have lost tennis matches when my profession was tennis. It happened all the time. Tournaments that I trained night and day for.
I did so all the way until injury forced me out of the professional scene.

I never once thought "I should quit tennis" after losing. Even after traveling and losing in the first round after just playing an off day, as a professional, you realize the situations you can get I to, and you adapt to it appropriately.

You quit if you have to (can't support your career/get injured/etc), not out of a lack of motivation due to a single loss.


Ofc there are several factors, including career that he's thinking of, but that's just my 2 cents. A person needs to have their resolves. If you do something, do it! There's no time to cry until after it's over. It's not over for HerO (unless there are things in the back going on).


It was a 'in the heat of the moment' type comment. And different people handle things differently. I think it would be a bigger issue if he posted this 2 weeks down the road. But right now, he is just venting his frustration. You see sports players cry all the time after loses in championship games (and wins as well). It isn't like they are depress about their life or anything like that. Just takes some time to unwind for some people.
oo_Wonderful_oo
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
The land of freedom23126 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-05 13:36:06
March 05 2014 13:35 GMT
#649
HerO srsly didn't make it through?
Are you fucking serious :DD

GSL has no upsets this season almost so other 2 WCS'es are filling the gap?
LiquidLegends StaffFPL 25 #1 | tfw I cast games on-air | back-to-back Liquibet winner
Spect8rCraft
Profile Joined December 2012
649 Posts
March 05 2014 14:21 GMT
#650
Whoa, I appeared to have missed something sensational. Anyone have a summary of what transpired?
Shinta)
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1716 Posts
March 05 2014 17:19 GMT
#651
On March 05 2014 21:42 vthree wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2014 20:11 Shinta) wrote:
On March 05 2014 14:37 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On March 05 2014 12:11 Tenks wrote:
On March 05 2014 12:09 Darkhorse wrote:
On March 05 2014 12:07 Tenks wrote:
On March 05 2014 12:06 Darkhorse wrote:
https://twitter.com/Liquid_HerO/status/441046693341974528


I know you're a Hero fan but that is a terrible state of mind for a pro-gamer. If you lose you need to go into the training chamber and emerge better.

Eh lots of players are doing this now. TheStC and ForGG are ones that come to recent memory.


And despite being a huge ForGG fan (I almost named my dog Finn ... but my wife put the brakes on it) I thought it was silly to claim such things after a loss. It reeks of attention seeking and grabbing for "oh no you're so good!" compliments on twitter. Maybe I'm just too old to participate in social media these days.

-edit-

STC looked terrible though

Trust me, when you lose something and write what hero did on twitter, it's NOT fishing for supportive comments. I dont know how to explain it, but it's just such a horrible feeling and you dont feel like there's any outlet for it.

On March 05 2014 12:08 kaykoose wrote:
On March 05 2014 12:06 Darkhorse wrote:
https://twitter.com/Liquid_HerO/status/441046693341974528


Why do players say shit like this? No you shouldn't quit.. just play better next time

You've never lost something you worked hard for huh? It's dark as fuck when you do.

I have lost tennis matches when my profession was tennis. It happened all the time. Tournaments that I trained night and day for.
I did so all the way until injury forced me out of the professional scene.

I never once thought "I should quit tennis" after losing. Even after traveling and losing in the first round after just playing an off day, as a professional, you realize the situations you can get I to, and you adapt to it appropriately.

You quit if you have to (can't support your career/get injured/etc), not out of a lack of motivation due to a single loss.


Ofc there are several factors, including career that he's thinking of, but that's just my 2 cents. A person needs to have their resolves. If you do something, do it! There's no time to cry until after it's over. It's not over for HerO (unless there are things in the back going on).


It was a 'in the heat of the moment' type comment. And different people handle things differently. I think it would be a bigger issue if he posted this 2 weeks down the road. But right now, he is just venting his frustration. You see sports players cry all the time after loses in championship games (and wins as well). It isn't like they are depress about their life or anything like that. Just takes some time to unwind for some people.

Completely agree with your post, but I didn't make my post for the reasons you thought I did. I was simply replying to Jinro.
Suteki Da Ne 素敵だね Isn't it Wonderful
Prev 1 31 32 33 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM410
TaKeTV 63
BRAT_OK 28
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 383
ProTech145
TKL 74
UpATreeSC 68
Codebar 35
Rex 33
BRAT_OK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 1303
Shuttle 1114
EffOrt 514
ggaemo 336
Mini 329
Stork 265
firebathero 200
Light 181
Dewaltoss 103
Rush 102
[ Show more ]
Barracks 85
910 75
Sea.KH 61
sorry 56
Zeus 56
Killer 53
Mong 45
Shine 44
Hyun 43
Shinee 42
Bale 23
ToSsGirL 23
soO 22
Aegong 21
Sexy 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Trap 12
Sacsri 10
yabsab 9
zelot 7
Dota 2
qojqva4370
Dendi1946
BananaSlamJamma432
LuMiX0
Counter-Strike
Fnx 712
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes592
Other Games
singsing2073
Liquid`RaSZi2040
hiko1196
B2W.Neo1021
Liquid`VortiX238
Sick170
ArmadaUGS168
Trikslyr42
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream518
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile130
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2263
• TFBlade759
Other Games
• WagamamaTV242
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 50m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 50m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.