• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:36
CEST 00:36
KST 07:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9663 users

[Code A] RO24 Day 3 2013 GSL Season 1 - Page 61

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 Next
Nick_54
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States2230 Posts
February 27 2013 17:02 GMT
#1201
On February 28 2013 01:03 LighT. wrote:
Just watched the VODs..
That was simply unreal...
If that terran was anyone else not named Flash including Taeja, Gumiho, Bomber, MVP, they would have been just rolled.
Rain with good drop defense and still flash takes the lead wtf??
I can picture the entire game 1 when rain was frantically running around his base, making base and trying to defend it and thinking "Stahpppp" .
You'd think with mass viking production, the trickery pulled Rain ahead since he had a total of 1 colosseus..except..those vikings has an assault mode where it completely fucked over his tech and mining time.
It's clear, Flash was frustrated with his inability to get into Code S after two unsuccessful tries and went all out and we were treated with what completely focused Flash is like.
It's unfortunate that Flash only has 1 WoL game remaining before his full on switch to HoTS. From what I recall, he likes to abuse the widow mine.

Rain played well actually..really good. he took the necessary procedures to stop flash in both game 1 and game 2. except for the slighest slightest flaw in his decision-making, flash took full advantage of it.
Jesus..Christ that game...I still cant believe what I saw, and I'm a flash fan.


Yeah you saying Taeja, Gumiho, Bomber, MVP would've been rolled is just bullshit and blind fanboyism. Flash had some nice moves, but to say no other terran can do it just doesn't make sense. Flash played well though and I look forward to seeing him in HOTS probably more than anyone else.
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
February 27 2013 17:05 GMT
#1202
On February 28 2013 02:02 Nick_54 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2013 01:03 LighT. wrote:
Just watched the VODs..
That was simply unreal...
If that terran was anyone else not named Flash including Taeja, Gumiho, Bomber, MVP, they would have been just rolled.
Rain with good drop defense and still flash takes the lead wtf??
I can picture the entire game 1 when rain was frantically running around his base, making base and trying to defend it and thinking "Stahpppp" .
You'd think with mass viking production, the trickery pulled Rain ahead since he had a total of 1 colosseus..except..those vikings has an assault mode where it completely fucked over his tech and mining time.
It's clear, Flash was frustrated with his inability to get into Code S after two unsuccessful tries and went all out and we were treated with what completely focused Flash is like.
It's unfortunate that Flash only has 1 WoL game remaining before his full on switch to HoTS. From what I recall, he likes to abuse the widow mine.

Rain played well actually..really good. he took the necessary procedures to stop flash in both game 1 and game 2. except for the slighest slightest flaw in his decision-making, flash took full advantage of it.
Jesus..Christ that game...I still cant believe what I saw, and I'm a flash fan.


Yeah you saying Taeja, Gumiho, Bomber, MVP would've been rolled is just bullshit and blind fanboyism. Flash had some nice moves, but to say no other terran can do it just doesn't make sense. Flash played well though and I look forward to seeing him in HOTS probably more than anyone else.

I look forward to seeing Bisu. Or at least skt players. Come on man, don't give that foolish mortal Flash so much cred. xD
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
TommyP
Profile Joined December 2011
United States6231 Posts
February 27 2013 17:12 GMT
#1203
On February 28 2013 02:02 Nick_54 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2013 01:03 LighT. wrote:
Just watched the VODs..
That was simply unreal...
If that terran was anyone else not named Flash including Taeja, Gumiho, Bomber, MVP, they would have been just rolled.
Rain with good drop defense and still flash takes the lead wtf??
I can picture the entire game 1 when rain was frantically running around his base, making base and trying to defend it and thinking "Stahpppp" .
You'd think with mass viking production, the trickery pulled Rain ahead since he had a total of 1 colosseus..except..those vikings has an assault mode where it completely fucked over his tech and mining time.
It's clear, Flash was frustrated with his inability to get into Code S after two unsuccessful tries and went all out and we were treated with what completely focused Flash is like.
It's unfortunate that Flash only has 1 WoL game remaining before his full on switch to HoTS. From what I recall, he likes to abuse the widow mine.

Rain played well actually..really good. he took the necessary procedures to stop flash in both game 1 and game 2. except for the slighest slightest flaw in his decision-making, flash took full advantage of it.
Jesus..Christ that game...I still cant believe what I saw, and I'm a flash fan.


Yeah you saying Taeja, Gumiho, Bomber, MVP would've been rolled is just bullshit and blind fanboyism. Flash had some nice moves, but to say no other terran can do it just doesn't make sense. Flash played well though and I look forward to seeing him in HOTS probably more than anyone else.

you are 100% correct
#TheOneTrueDong
TheDwf
Profile Joined November 2011
France19747 Posts
February 27 2013 17:17 GMT
#1204
On February 28 2013 01:03 LighT. wrote:
If that terran was anyone else not named Flash including Taeja, Gumiho, Bomber, MVP, they would have been just rolled.

Arbitrary statement; fairly sure there are better TvPers than Flash.

On February 28 2013 01:03 LighT. wrote:
Rain with good drop defense and still flash takes the lead wtf??

His defence was definitely not good as allowing two Medivacs to land in your main is a huge mistake (especially as he saw them with an Observer). In the first game Rain had only 5 Stalkers while 6 are needed to 2-shot Medivacs, and he stopped focusing them once they started to unload. Besides, Rain was still on 3 Gateways at this time, which is risky; overall his tech-heavy builds today were not adapted to the “always in your face” style Flash played to cover his 3 rax third on the spot.

On February 28 2013 01:03 LighT. wrote:
You'd think with mass viking production, the trickery pulled Rain ahead since he had a total of 1 colosseus..except..those vikings has an assault mode where it completely fucked over his tech and mining time.

A nice move indeed, but one should not forget that making 11 Vikings against a single Colossus without range is still a rather horrible scouting blunder. In this one it did not matter since he was already so ahead that he could usem to pull apart Rain, but in an even game this would instantly result in a loss.
wammyz
Profile Joined January 2013
90 Posts
February 27 2013 17:24 GMT
#1205
On February 28 2013 01:03 LighT. wrote:
Just watched the VODs..
That was simply unreal...
If that terran was anyone else not named Flash including Taeja, Gumiho, Bomber, MVP, they would have been just rolled.
Rain with good drop defense and still flash takes the lead wtf??
I can picture the entire game 1 when rain was frantically running around his base, making base and trying to defend it and thinking "Stahpppp" .
You'd think with mass viking production, the trickery pulled Rain ahead since he had a total of 1 colosseus..except..those vikings has an assault mode where it completely fucked over his tech and mining time.
It's clear, Flash was frustrated with his inability to get into Code S after two unsuccessful tries and went all out and we were treated with what completely focused Flash is like.
It's unfortunate that Flash only has 1 WoL game remaining before his full on switch to HoTS. From what I recall, he likes to abuse the widow mine.

Rain played well actually..really good. he took the necessary procedures to stop flash in both game 1 and game 2. except for the slighest slightest flaw in his decision-making, flash took full advantage of it.
Jesus..Christ that game...I still cant believe what I saw, and I'm a flash fan.

Jesus man, could you be any more bias? I don't think so lol. Rain played terrible and the game was over after Rain's awful awful drop defence. Flash played well but saying that Taeja, Bomber and Gumi wouldn't have had that is just ridiculous as they have proven that they are simply better players right now.
An Extremely Proud Bear Fanboy
Nick_54
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States2230 Posts
February 27 2013 17:25 GMT
#1206
On February 28 2013 02:05 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2013 02:02 Nick_54 wrote:
On February 28 2013 01:03 LighT. wrote:
Just watched the VODs..
That was simply unreal...
If that terran was anyone else not named Flash including Taeja, Gumiho, Bomber, MVP, they would have been just rolled.
Rain with good drop defense and still flash takes the lead wtf??
I can picture the entire game 1 when rain was frantically running around his base, making base and trying to defend it and thinking "Stahpppp" .
You'd think with mass viking production, the trickery pulled Rain ahead since he had a total of 1 colosseus..except..those vikings has an assault mode where it completely fucked over his tech and mining time.
It's clear, Flash was frustrated with his inability to get into Code S after two unsuccessful tries and went all out and we were treated with what completely focused Flash is like.
It's unfortunate that Flash only has 1 WoL game remaining before his full on switch to HoTS. From what I recall, he likes to abuse the widow mine.

Rain played well actually..really good. he took the necessary procedures to stop flash in both game 1 and game 2. except for the slighest slightest flaw in his decision-making, flash took full advantage of it.
Jesus..Christ that game...I still cant believe what I saw, and I'm a flash fan.


Yeah you saying Taeja, Gumiho, Bomber, MVP would've been rolled is just bullshit and blind fanboyism. Flash had some nice moves, but to say no other terran can do it just doesn't make sense. Flash played well though and I look forward to seeing him in HOTS probably more than anyone else.

I look forward to seeing Bisu. Or at least skt players. Come on man, don't give that foolish mortal Flash so much cred. xD


I really hope that Boxer just told Bisu don't worry about Wings and just focus on Heart of the Swarm. A dominant return would just be epic beyond words. (A guy can dream)
wammyz
Profile Joined January 2013
90 Posts
February 27 2013 17:30 GMT
#1207
On February 28 2013 02:25 Nick_54 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2013 02:05 BisuDagger wrote:
On February 28 2013 02:02 Nick_54 wrote:
On February 28 2013 01:03 LighT. wrote:
Just watched the VODs..
That was simply unreal...
If that terran was anyone else not named Flash including Taeja, Gumiho, Bomber, MVP, they would have been just rolled.
Rain with good drop defense and still flash takes the lead wtf??
I can picture the entire game 1 when rain was frantically running around his base, making base and trying to defend it and thinking "Stahpppp" .
You'd think with mass viking production, the trickery pulled Rain ahead since he had a total of 1 colosseus..except..those vikings has an assault mode where it completely fucked over his tech and mining time.
It's clear, Flash was frustrated with his inability to get into Code S after two unsuccessful tries and went all out and we were treated with what completely focused Flash is like.
It's unfortunate that Flash only has 1 WoL game remaining before his full on switch to HoTS. From what I recall, he likes to abuse the widow mine.

Rain played well actually..really good. he took the necessary procedures to stop flash in both game 1 and game 2. except for the slighest slightest flaw in his decision-making, flash took full advantage of it.
Jesus..Christ that game...I still cant believe what I saw, and I'm a flash fan.


Yeah you saying Taeja, Gumiho, Bomber, MVP would've been rolled is just bullshit and blind fanboyism. Flash had some nice moves, but to say no other terran can do it just doesn't make sense. Flash played well though and I look forward to seeing him in HOTS probably more than anyone else.

I look forward to seeing Bisu. Or at least skt players. Come on man, don't give that foolish mortal Flash so much cred. xD


I really hope that Boxer just told Bisu don't worry about Wings and just focus on Heart of the Swarm. A dominant return would just be epic beyond words. (A guy can dream)

Bisu should switch to Terran. Then he would be the true towel Terran.
An Extremely Proud Bear Fanboy
Shady Sands
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4021 Posts
February 27 2013 17:46 GMT
#1208
On February 28 2013 02:30 wammyz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2013 02:25 Nick_54 wrote:
On February 28 2013 02:05 BisuDagger wrote:
On February 28 2013 02:02 Nick_54 wrote:
On February 28 2013 01:03 LighT. wrote:
Just watched the VODs..
That was simply unreal...
If that terran was anyone else not named Flash including Taeja, Gumiho, Bomber, MVP, they would have been just rolled.
Rain with good drop defense and still flash takes the lead wtf??
I can picture the entire game 1 when rain was frantically running around his base, making base and trying to defend it and thinking "Stahpppp" .
You'd think with mass viking production, the trickery pulled Rain ahead since he had a total of 1 colosseus..except..those vikings has an assault mode where it completely fucked over his tech and mining time.
It's clear, Flash was frustrated with his inability to get into Code S after two unsuccessful tries and went all out and we were treated with what completely focused Flash is like.
It's unfortunate that Flash only has 1 WoL game remaining before his full on switch to HoTS. From what I recall, he likes to abuse the widow mine.

Rain played well actually..really good. he took the necessary procedures to stop flash in both game 1 and game 2. except for the slighest slightest flaw in his decision-making, flash took full advantage of it.
Jesus..Christ that game...I still cant believe what I saw, and I'm a flash fan.


Yeah you saying Taeja, Gumiho, Bomber, MVP would've been rolled is just bullshit and blind fanboyism. Flash had some nice moves, but to say no other terran can do it just doesn't make sense. Flash played well though and I look forward to seeing him in HOTS probably more than anyone else.

I look forward to seeing Bisu. Or at least skt players. Come on man, don't give that foolish mortal Flash so much cred. xD


I really hope that Boxer just told Bisu don't worry about Wings and just focus on Heart of the Swarm. A dominant return would just be epic beyond words. (A guy can dream)

Bisu should switch to Terran. Then he would be the true towel Terran.

As Flash's games demonstrated today, Bisu's offensive multitasking ability would fit a lot better with SC2 Terran than with SC2 Protoss
Что?
wammyz
Profile Joined January 2013
90 Posts
February 27 2013 17:48 GMT
#1209
On February 28 2013 02:46 Shady Sands wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2013 02:30 wammyz wrote:
On February 28 2013 02:25 Nick_54 wrote:
On February 28 2013 02:05 BisuDagger wrote:
On February 28 2013 02:02 Nick_54 wrote:
On February 28 2013 01:03 LighT. wrote:
Just watched the VODs..
That was simply unreal...
If that terran was anyone else not named Flash including Taeja, Gumiho, Bomber, MVP, they would have been just rolled.
Rain with good drop defense and still flash takes the lead wtf??
I can picture the entire game 1 when rain was frantically running around his base, making base and trying to defend it and thinking "Stahpppp" .
You'd think with mass viking production, the trickery pulled Rain ahead since he had a total of 1 colosseus..except..those vikings has an assault mode where it completely fucked over his tech and mining time.
It's clear, Flash was frustrated with his inability to get into Code S after two unsuccessful tries and went all out and we were treated with what completely focused Flash is like.
It's unfortunate that Flash only has 1 WoL game remaining before his full on switch to HoTS. From what I recall, he likes to abuse the widow mine.

Rain played well actually..really good. he took the necessary procedures to stop flash in both game 1 and game 2. except for the slighest slightest flaw in his decision-making, flash took full advantage of it.
Jesus..Christ that game...I still cant believe what I saw, and I'm a flash fan.


Yeah you saying Taeja, Gumiho, Bomber, MVP would've been rolled is just bullshit and blind fanboyism. Flash had some nice moves, but to say no other terran can do it just doesn't make sense. Flash played well though and I look forward to seeing him in HOTS probably more than anyone else.

I look forward to seeing Bisu. Or at least skt players. Come on man, don't give that foolish mortal Flash so much cred. xD


I really hope that Boxer just told Bisu don't worry about Wings and just focus on Heart of the Swarm. A dominant return would just be epic beyond words. (A guy can dream)

Bisu should switch to Terran. Then he would be the true towel Terran.

As Flash's games demonstrated today, Bisu's offensive multitasking ability would fit a lot better with SC2 Terran than with SC2 Protoss

I actually meant that it would suit him better as he has probably gotten accustomed to cleaning dishes recently :p
An Extremely Proud Bear Fanboy
LighT.
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada4501 Posts
February 27 2013 17:56 GMT
#1210
On February 28 2013 02:02 Nick_54 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2013 01:03 LighT. wrote:
Just watched the VODs..
That was simply unreal...
If that terran was anyone else not named Flash including Taeja, Gumiho, Bomber, MVP, they would have been just rolled.
Rain with good drop defense and still flash takes the lead wtf??
I can picture the entire game 1 when rain was frantically running around his base, making base and trying to defend it and thinking "Stahpppp" .
You'd think with mass viking production, the trickery pulled Rain ahead since he had a total of 1 colosseus..except..those vikings has an assault mode where it completely fucked over his tech and mining time.
It's clear, Flash was frustrated with his inability to get into Code S after two unsuccessful tries and went all out and we were treated with what completely focused Flash is like.
It's unfortunate that Flash only has 1 WoL game remaining before his full on switch to HoTS. From what I recall, he likes to abuse the widow mine.

Rain played well actually..really good. he took the necessary procedures to stop flash in both game 1 and game 2. except for the slighest slightest flaw in his decision-making, flash took full advantage of it.
Jesus..Christ that game...I still cant believe what I saw, and I'm a flash fan.


Yeah you saying Taeja, Gumiho, Bomber, MVP would've been rolled is just bullshit and blind fanboyism. Flash had some nice moves, but to say no other terran can do it just doesn't make sense. Flash played well though and I look forward to seeing him in HOTS probably more than anyone else.

Alrighty. Maybe rolled is not the right choice of words... Moreso, the game would be more even if it was anyone else .I have never seen a triple prolonged attack with al attacks being microed with precision where a top notch toss had no idea how to handle the situation, while he was macroing and expanding. What I notice from flashes games is that for tvz tvp, once he gets a lead; its over. The opponent falls further and further behind adterwards until they tap out. Most terrans including the ones ive listed would not be able to pull it off IMO, his mechanics are off the charts and although i am a fan of flash; Ive been closely followinh thr likes of bomber mvp and taeja for a while.
wammyz
Profile Joined January 2013
90 Posts
February 27 2013 18:03 GMT
#1211
On February 28 2013 02:56 LighT. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2013 02:02 Nick_54 wrote:
On February 28 2013 01:03 LighT. wrote:
Just watched the VODs..
That was simply unreal...
If that terran was anyone else not named Flash including Taeja, Gumiho, Bomber, MVP, they would have been just rolled.
Rain with good drop defense and still flash takes the lead wtf??
I can picture the entire game 1 when rain was frantically running around his base, making base and trying to defend it and thinking "Stahpppp" .
You'd think with mass viking production, the trickery pulled Rain ahead since he had a total of 1 colosseus..except..those vikings has an assault mode where it completely fucked over his tech and mining time.
It's clear, Flash was frustrated with his inability to get into Code S after two unsuccessful tries and went all out and we were treated with what completely focused Flash is like.
It's unfortunate that Flash only has 1 WoL game remaining before his full on switch to HoTS. From what I recall, he likes to abuse the widow mine.

Rain played well actually..really good. he took the necessary procedures to stop flash in both game 1 and game 2. except for the slighest slightest flaw in his decision-making, flash took full advantage of it.
Jesus..Christ that game...I still cant believe what I saw, and I'm a flash fan.


Yeah you saying Taeja, Gumiho, Bomber, MVP would've been rolled is just bullshit and blind fanboyism. Flash had some nice moves, but to say no other terran can do it just doesn't make sense. Flash played well though and I look forward to seeing him in HOTS probably more than anyone else.

I have never seen a triple prolonged attack with al attacks being microed with precision where a top notch toss had no idea how to handle the situation

Dream did the exact same thing against Rain in Code A round 1 a few seasons ago. I think Rain is just weak against that type of style. Also it may not be the same thing but I see Stephano and Life do triple pronged attacks all the time against Toss.
An Extremely Proud Bear Fanboy
TommyP
Profile Joined December 2011
United States6231 Posts
February 27 2013 18:08 GMT
#1212
On February 28 2013 02:56 LighT. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2013 02:02 Nick_54 wrote:
On February 28 2013 01:03 LighT. wrote:
Just watched the VODs..
That was simply unreal...
If that terran was anyone else not named Flash including Taeja, Gumiho, Bomber, MVP, they would have been just rolled.
Rain with good drop defense and still flash takes the lead wtf??
I can picture the entire game 1 when rain was frantically running around his base, making base and trying to defend it and thinking "Stahpppp" .
You'd think with mass viking production, the trickery pulled Rain ahead since he had a total of 1 colosseus..except..those vikings has an assault mode where it completely fucked over his tech and mining time.
It's clear, Flash was frustrated with his inability to get into Code S after two unsuccessful tries and went all out and we were treated with what completely focused Flash is like.
It's unfortunate that Flash only has 1 WoL game remaining before his full on switch to HoTS. From what I recall, he likes to abuse the widow mine.

Rain played well actually..really good. he took the necessary procedures to stop flash in both game 1 and game 2. except for the slighest slightest flaw in his decision-making, flash took full advantage of it.
Jesus..Christ that game...I still cant believe what I saw, and I'm a flash fan.


Yeah you saying Taeja, Gumiho, Bomber, MVP would've been rolled is just bullshit and blind fanboyism. Flash had some nice moves, but to say no other terran can do it just doesn't make sense. Flash played well though and I look forward to seeing him in HOTS probably more than anyone else.

Alrighty. Maybe rolled is not the right choice of words... Moreso, the game would be more even if it was anyone else .I have never seen a triple prolonged attack with al attacks being microed with precision .

Gumiho has been doing that forever. As far as I remember in game 2 he wasn't microing his drops at the same time really he just sent one in and then the army went to chase it down adn then the other drop ship was just sitting outside the natual and he would drop when the army went to the main.
#TheOneTrueDong
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
February 27 2013 18:08 GMT
#1213
On February 28 2013 03:03 wammyz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2013 02:56 LighT. wrote:
On February 28 2013 02:02 Nick_54 wrote:
On February 28 2013 01:03 LighT. wrote:
Just watched the VODs..
That was simply unreal...
If that terran was anyone else not named Flash including Taeja, Gumiho, Bomber, MVP, they would have been just rolled.
Rain with good drop defense and still flash takes the lead wtf??
I can picture the entire game 1 when rain was frantically running around his base, making base and trying to defend it and thinking "Stahpppp" .
You'd think with mass viking production, the trickery pulled Rain ahead since he had a total of 1 colosseus..except..those vikings has an assault mode where it completely fucked over his tech and mining time.
It's clear, Flash was frustrated with his inability to get into Code S after two unsuccessful tries and went all out and we were treated with what completely focused Flash is like.
It's unfortunate that Flash only has 1 WoL game remaining before his full on switch to HoTS. From what I recall, he likes to abuse the widow mine.

Rain played well actually..really good. he took the necessary procedures to stop flash in both game 1 and game 2. except for the slighest slightest flaw in his decision-making, flash took full advantage of it.
Jesus..Christ that game...I still cant believe what I saw, and I'm a flash fan.


Yeah you saying Taeja, Gumiho, Bomber, MVP would've been rolled is just bullshit and blind fanboyism. Flash had some nice moves, but to say no other terran can do it just doesn't make sense. Flash played well though and I look forward to seeing him in HOTS probably more than anyone else.

I have never seen a triple prolonged attack with al attacks being microed with precision where a top notch toss had no idea how to handle the situation

Dream did the exact same thing against Rain in Code A round 1 a few seasons ago. I think Rain is just weak against that type of style. Also it may not be the same thing but I see Stephano and Life do triple pronged attacks all the time against Toss.

Yeah but Teaja did the same thing to Rain and Rain took Taeja to school.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
February 27 2013 18:10 GMT
#1214
On February 28 2013 02:56 LighT. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2013 02:02 Nick_54 wrote:
On February 28 2013 01:03 LighT. wrote:
Just watched the VODs..
That was simply unreal...
If that terran was anyone else not named Flash including Taeja, Gumiho, Bomber, MVP, they would have been just rolled.
Rain with good drop defense and still flash takes the lead wtf??
I can picture the entire game 1 when rain was frantically running around his base, making base and trying to defend it and thinking "Stahpppp" .
You'd think with mass viking production, the trickery pulled Rain ahead since he had a total of 1 colosseus..except..those vikings has an assault mode where it completely fucked over his tech and mining time.
It's clear, Flash was frustrated with his inability to get into Code S after two unsuccessful tries and went all out and we were treated with what completely focused Flash is like.
It's unfortunate that Flash only has 1 WoL game remaining before his full on switch to HoTS. From what I recall, he likes to abuse the widow mine.

Rain played well actually..really good. he took the necessary procedures to stop flash in both game 1 and game 2. except for the slighest slightest flaw in his decision-making, flash took full advantage of it.
Jesus..Christ that game...I still cant believe what I saw, and I'm a flash fan.


Yeah you saying Taeja, Gumiho, Bomber, MVP would've been rolled is just bullshit and blind fanboyism. Flash had some nice moves, but to say no other terran can do it just doesn't make sense. Flash played well though and I look forward to seeing him in HOTS probably more than anyone else.

Alrighty. Maybe rolled is not the right choice of words... Moreso, the game would be more even if it was anyone else .I have never seen a triple prolonged attack with al attacks being microed with precision where a top notch toss had no idea how to handle the situation, while he was macroing and expanding. What I notice from flashes games is that for tvz tvp, once he gets a lead; its over. The opponent falls further and further behind adterwards until they tap out. Most terrans including the ones ive listed would not be able to pull it off IMO, his mechanics are off the charts and although i am a fan of flash; Ive been closely followinh thr likes of bomber mvp and taeja for a while.


I was very impressed by Flash today, but I'm not convinced that he has better TvP than Bomber yet. He might, eventually, but not right now. That said, I'm looking forward to Flash in HoTS.
AdministratorBreak the chains
TommyP
Profile Joined December 2011
United States6231 Posts
February 27 2013 18:12 GMT
#1215
On February 28 2013 03:10 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2013 02:56 LighT. wrote:
On February 28 2013 02:02 Nick_54 wrote:
On February 28 2013 01:03 LighT. wrote:
Just watched the VODs..
That was simply unreal...
If that terran was anyone else not named Flash including Taeja, Gumiho, Bomber, MVP, they would have been just rolled.
Rain with good drop defense and still flash takes the lead wtf??
I can picture the entire game 1 when rain was frantically running around his base, making base and trying to defend it and thinking "Stahpppp" .
You'd think with mass viking production, the trickery pulled Rain ahead since he had a total of 1 colosseus..except..those vikings has an assault mode where it completely fucked over his tech and mining time.
It's clear, Flash was frustrated with his inability to get into Code S after two unsuccessful tries and went all out and we were treated with what completely focused Flash is like.
It's unfortunate that Flash only has 1 WoL game remaining before his full on switch to HoTS. From what I recall, he likes to abuse the widow mine.

Rain played well actually..really good. he took the necessary procedures to stop flash in both game 1 and game 2. except for the slighest slightest flaw in his decision-making, flash took full advantage of it.
Jesus..Christ that game...I still cant believe what I saw, and I'm a flash fan.


Yeah you saying Taeja, Gumiho, Bomber, MVP would've been rolled is just bullshit and blind fanboyism. Flash had some nice moves, but to say no other terran can do it just doesn't make sense. Flash played well though and I look forward to seeing him in HOTS probably more than anyone else.

Alrighty. Maybe rolled is not the right choice of words... Moreso, the game would be more even if it was anyone else .I have never seen a triple prolonged attack with al attacks being microed with precision where a top notch toss had no idea how to handle the situation, while he was macroing and expanding. What I notice from flashes games is that for tvz tvp, once he gets a lead; its over. The opponent falls further and further behind adterwards until they tap out. Most terrans including the ones ive listed would not be able to pull it off IMO, his mechanics are off the charts and although i am a fan of flash; Ive been closely followinh thr likes of bomber mvp and taeja for a while.


I was very impressed by Flash today, but I'm not convinced that he has better TvP than Bomber yet. He might, eventually, but not right now. That said, I'm looking forward to Flash in HoTS.

Yea Flash played really well, but it's nothign i haven't seen from Taeja, Gumiho, Bomber, or even MVP Dream, etc
#TheOneTrueDong
Mista_Masta
Profile Joined January 2009
Netherlands557 Posts
February 27 2013 18:14 GMT
#1216
Game 1 of Flash v Rain was impressive because of how Flash picked him apart, game 2 was impressive because even though Rain shut down the drops very well, Flash still found a way to pull ahead and hit the perfect timing. I'm a biased Flash fan, but I'm also impressed since I haven't seen this kind of play often.
Mortal
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
2943 Posts
February 27 2013 18:18 GMT
#1217
i take it flash/rain lived up to the hype? very excited to watch the vods when I get home.
The universe created an audience for itself.
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-27 18:20:43
February 27 2013 18:20 GMT
#1218
On February 28 2013 03:18 Mortal wrote:
i take it flash/rain lived up to the hype? very excited to watch the vods when I get home.


Yeah, the games were very good. I would still say that Ryung vs. Flash was a better series in general, however - I'd recommend watching that first if you haven't.
AdministratorBreak the chains
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-27 18:21:50
February 27 2013 18:21 GMT
#1219
On February 28 2013 03:18 Mortal wrote:
i take it flash/rain lived up to the hype? very excited to watch the vods when I get home.


Not really. Great play by both, but it wasn't a very long series and Flash was clearly outclassing Rain throughout. I think people are just excited to finally see Flash make code S.
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
fartosis77
Profile Joined February 2013
Belgium461 Posts
February 27 2013 18:30 GMT
#1220
Some people here are never satisfied with a great game lol. If Usain runs a new world record on the 100m people will say 'naw man the other people were just awful'. Just enjoy the fact we saw two great games from two great players!

Can anyone tell me when the first HotS GSL season will start?
IM NESTEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 135
ViBE83
CosmosSc2 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 568
Artosis 360
910 33
Dota 2
monkeys_forever483
League of Legends
JimRising 479
Counter-Strike
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS85
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5562
Liquid`Hasu1397
Other Games
summit1g7603
shahzam520
byalli342
C9.Mang0226
Trikslyr41
ZombieGrub15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream187
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 93
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki40
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 24m
Kung Fu Cup
12h 24m
Stellar Fest
14h 24m
The PondCast
1d 11h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.