• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:32
CEST 15:32
KST 22:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9763 users

[Code S] RO32 Group H 2013 GSL Season 1 - Page 187

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 185 186 187 188 Next
No balance whining, caster bashing, or player bashing in this thread.
vesicular
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1311 Posts
February 02 2013 02:53 GMT
#3721
Really happy Innovation won, obviously. But he needs to figure out how to stop muta play or he won't make it to the finals.
STX Fighting!
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
February 02 2013 03:11 GMT
#3722
On February 02 2013 11:41 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2013 11:13 Big J wrote:
On February 02 2013 10:42 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 02 2013 10:36 ELA wrote:
On February 02 2013 09:39 1raxexpand wrote:
On February 02 2013 07:25 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 02 2013 06:56 2muchSWAG wrote:
Wow Stephano is so overrated. This is just proof that Idra(Ro8), Huk(Ro8), Naniwa(2x Ro8) and Jinro(2x Ro4) are better than him. I'd say that Stephano is the 5th maybe 6th maybe even 7th best foreigner right now. Not making it past the round of 32 when these other players who are called "fallen out" made it past Stephano. I'd say he is super overrated. One Ro8 in Code S equates to about 7 foreign major premier tournament wins.

I disagree. Idra, Jinro, and Huk (besides a bo1 against Fantasy) didn't have to play against a Kespa player. Stephano and Naniwa did and they were both eliminated by them as well.


Jinro got Ro4 when the competition is not as fierce. A Ro16 now for a foreiner is pronably more impressive. This has nothing to do with Kespa though.


Competition was just as fierce then as it is now, fucking 400 people showed up for the first qualifying rounds which Jinro and idrA battered their way through - The game is more refined now since people have had more time to practice, but competition was just as fierce as it is now.

By your shitty logic, I could be going on about how crap players Nestea and MVP are because they only won their GSLs because the game was still 'new' and Rain wasn't there to own them.

Stop doing this, please.


It wouldn't have to necessarily be "Rain". It's just ironic that the top 3 players around that time "Nestea", "MVP", and "MC", hell even Fruit Dealer and IntotheRainbow all had Kespa experience coming into the game which gave them an edge over their opponents when it comes to micro/macro/multitasking/decision making and preparation. I honestly don't think they would have won those GSL's if the "better" Kespa players had of switched over at the same time. But they didn't. MVP and Nestea won their championships and we have to accept it for what it is.


"I seriously doubt that Flash would have ever won anything if Einstein, Schumacher and da Vinci would have been around to play Starcraft when Broodwar became big in Korea. But they didn't. Boxer, Savior and Flash won their championships and we have to accept it for what it is."
Lol... Sorry, dude, but you just sound like a butthurt Flash fan that can't get over the fact that we live in 2013.


A butt hurt flash fan? lol I didn't even bring up Flash in the argument you quoted. His name isn't even mentioned in that entire paragraph. Also, I have no problem that we live in 2013. Also, I bring plenty of evidence with my arguments whereas you only have an opinion with no substance to back it up.


Lol. You don't bring evidence. You just dream up "what if"-scenarios.
Also I don't need to bring up arguements. The Kespa players weren't around for SC2, there is nothing to argue about. What you want to talk about simply did never occur.

Or in the language of logics: The statement you make cannot be quantified, therefore it is worthless.
BlazeFury01
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1460 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-02 03:45:41
February 02 2013 03:28 GMT
#3723
On February 02 2013 12:11 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2013 11:41 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 02 2013 11:13 Big J wrote:
On February 02 2013 10:42 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 02 2013 10:36 ELA wrote:
On February 02 2013 09:39 1raxexpand wrote:
On February 02 2013 07:25 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 02 2013 06:56 2muchSWAG wrote:
Wow Stephano is so overrated. This is just proof that Idra(Ro8), Huk(Ro8), Naniwa(2x Ro8) and Jinro(2x Ro4) are better than him. I'd say that Stephano is the 5th maybe 6th maybe even 7th best foreigner right now. Not making it past the round of 32 when these other players who are called "fallen out" made it past Stephano. I'd say he is super overrated. One Ro8 in Code S equates to about 7 foreign major premier tournament wins.

I disagree. Idra, Jinro, and Huk (besides a bo1 against Fantasy) didn't have to play against a Kespa player. Stephano and Naniwa did and they were both eliminated by them as well.


Jinro got Ro4 when the competition is not as fierce. A Ro16 now for a foreiner is pronably more impressive. This has nothing to do with Kespa though.


Competition was just as fierce then as it is now, fucking 400 people showed up for the first qualifying rounds which Jinro and idrA battered their way through - The game is more refined now since people have had more time to practice, but competition was just as fierce as it is now.

By your shitty logic, I could be going on about how crap players Nestea and MVP are because they only won their GSLs because the game was still 'new' and Rain wasn't there to own them.

Stop doing this, please.


It wouldn't have to necessarily be "Rain". It's just ironic that the top 3 players around that time "Nestea", "MVP", and "MC", hell even Fruit Dealer and IntotheRainbow all had Kespa experience coming into the game which gave them an edge over their opponents when it comes to micro/macro/multitasking/decision making and preparation. I honestly don't think they would have won those GSL's if the "better" Kespa players had of switched over at the same time. But they didn't. MVP and Nestea won their championships and we have to accept it for what it is.


"I seriously doubt that Flash would have ever won anything if Einstein, Schumacher and da Vinci would have been around to play Starcraft when Broodwar became big in Korea. But they didn't. Boxer, Savior and Flash won their championships and we have to accept it for what it is."
Lol... Sorry, dude, but you just sound like a butthurt Flash fan that can't get over the fact that we live in 2013.


A butt hurt flash fan? lol I didn't even bring up Flash in the argument you quoted. His name isn't even mentioned in that entire paragraph. Also, I have no problem that we live in 2013. Also, I bring plenty of evidence with my arguments whereas you only have an opinion with no substance to back it up.


Lol. You don't bring evidence. You just dream up "what if"-scenarios.
Also I don't need to bring up arguements. The Kespa players weren't around for SC2, there is nothing to argue about. What you want to talk about simply did never occur.

Or in the language of logics: The statement you make cannot be quantified, therefore it is worthless.


The fact you keep overlooking is that the Kespa players were around for SC2. They go by the names of MVP, Nestea, MC, Fruitdealer, IntotheRain, etc. So, you should drop your argument. My statement can be quantified by common sense and if you actually played BW. If you didn't then you wouldn't know what the hell I'm talking about. If you did, then you would understand perfectly what I mean. But since you didn't, don't comment back at all. Also, I was replying to a question that didn't involve you to begin with. So I suggest you see your way out of it. Also, the Kespa players "WERE" around for SC2, they co-existed while MVP, Nestea, and MC's domination occurred. This isn't two different eras were talking about here, it's within the same time frame. Not to mention MMA who was MVP's Kryptonite for a while also had Kespa experience.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
February 02 2013 03:59 GMT
#3724
On February 02 2013 12:28 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2013 12:11 Big J wrote:
On February 02 2013 11:41 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 02 2013 11:13 Big J wrote:
On February 02 2013 10:42 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 02 2013 10:36 ELA wrote:
On February 02 2013 09:39 1raxexpand wrote:
On February 02 2013 07:25 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 02 2013 06:56 2muchSWAG wrote:
Wow Stephano is so overrated. This is just proof that Idra(Ro8), Huk(Ro8), Naniwa(2x Ro8) and Jinro(2x Ro4) are better than him. I'd say that Stephano is the 5th maybe 6th maybe even 7th best foreigner right now. Not making it past the round of 32 when these other players who are called "fallen out" made it past Stephano. I'd say he is super overrated. One Ro8 in Code S equates to about 7 foreign major premier tournament wins.

I disagree. Idra, Jinro, and Huk (besides a bo1 against Fantasy) didn't have to play against a Kespa player. Stephano and Naniwa did and they were both eliminated by them as well.


Jinro got Ro4 when the competition is not as fierce. A Ro16 now for a foreiner is pronably more impressive. This has nothing to do with Kespa though.


Competition was just as fierce then as it is now, fucking 400 people showed up for the first qualifying rounds which Jinro and idrA battered their way through - The game is more refined now since people have had more time to practice, but competition was just as fierce as it is now.

By your shitty logic, I could be going on about how crap players Nestea and MVP are because they only won their GSLs because the game was still 'new' and Rain wasn't there to own them.

Stop doing this, please.


It wouldn't have to necessarily be "Rain". It's just ironic that the top 3 players around that time "Nestea", "MVP", and "MC", hell even Fruit Dealer and IntotheRainbow all had Kespa experience coming into the game which gave them an edge over their opponents when it comes to micro/macro/multitasking/decision making and preparation. I honestly don't think they would have won those GSL's if the "better" Kespa players had of switched over at the same time. But they didn't. MVP and Nestea won their championships and we have to accept it for what it is.


"I seriously doubt that Flash would have ever won anything if Einstein, Schumacher and da Vinci would have been around to play Starcraft when Broodwar became big in Korea. But they didn't. Boxer, Savior and Flash won their championships and we have to accept it for what it is."
Lol... Sorry, dude, but you just sound like a butthurt Flash fan that can't get over the fact that we live in 2013.


A butt hurt flash fan? lol I didn't even bring up Flash in the argument you quoted. His name isn't even mentioned in that entire paragraph. Also, I have no problem that we live in 2013. Also, I bring plenty of evidence with my arguments whereas you only have an opinion with no substance to back it up.


Lol. You don't bring evidence. You just dream up "what if"-scenarios.
Also I don't need to bring up arguements. The Kespa players weren't around for SC2, there is nothing to argue about. What you want to talk about simply did never occur.

Or in the language of logics: The statement you make cannot be quantified, therefore it is worthless.


The fact you keep overlooking is that the Kespa players were around for SC2. They go by the names of MVP, Nestea, MC, Fruitdealer, IntotheRain, etc. So, you should drop your argument. My statement can be quantified by common sense and if you actually played BW. If you didn't then you wouldn't know what the hell I'm talking about. If you did, then you would understand perfectly what I mean. But since you didn't, don't comment back at all. Also, I was replying to a question that didn't involve you to begin with. So I suggest you see your way out of it. Also, the Kespa players "WERE" around for SC2, they co-existed while MVP, Nestea, and MC's domination occurred. This isn't two different eras were talking about here, it's within the same time frame. Not to mention MMA who was MVP's Kryptonite for a while also had Kespa experience.

When people refer to players as being from "kespa" they don't mean training partners or people that played 10 games in proleague and lost most of them. They mean tbls, they mean jangbi and zero etc. The whole premise of elephant in the room was based on that, and when you argue that kespa players were playing at the start of sc2 you may be technically right, but you look like a fool in doing so.
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
February 02 2013 04:30 GMT
#3725
On February 02 2013 12:28 BlazeFury01 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2013 12:11 Big J wrote:
On February 02 2013 11:41 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 02 2013 11:13 Big J wrote:
On February 02 2013 10:42 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 02 2013 10:36 ELA wrote:
On February 02 2013 09:39 1raxexpand wrote:
On February 02 2013 07:25 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 02 2013 06:56 2muchSWAG wrote:
Wow Stephano is so overrated. This is just proof that Idra(Ro8), Huk(Ro8), Naniwa(2x Ro8) and Jinro(2x Ro4) are better than him. I'd say that Stephano is the 5th maybe 6th maybe even 7th best foreigner right now. Not making it past the round of 32 when these other players who are called "fallen out" made it past Stephano. I'd say he is super overrated. One Ro8 in Code S equates to about 7 foreign major premier tournament wins.

I disagree. Idra, Jinro, and Huk (besides a bo1 against Fantasy) didn't have to play against a Kespa player. Stephano and Naniwa did and they were both eliminated by them as well.


Jinro got Ro4 when the competition is not as fierce. A Ro16 now for a foreiner is pronably more impressive. This has nothing to do with Kespa though.


Competition was just as fierce then as it is now, fucking 400 people showed up for the first qualifying rounds which Jinro and idrA battered their way through - The game is more refined now since people have had more time to practice, but competition was just as fierce as it is now.

By your shitty logic, I could be going on about how crap players Nestea and MVP are because they only won their GSLs because the game was still 'new' and Rain wasn't there to own them.

Stop doing this, please.


It wouldn't have to necessarily be "Rain". It's just ironic that the top 3 players around that time "Nestea", "MVP", and "MC", hell even Fruit Dealer and IntotheRainbow all had Kespa experience coming into the game which gave them an edge over their opponents when it comes to micro/macro/multitasking/decision making and preparation. I honestly don't think they would have won those GSL's if the "better" Kespa players had of switched over at the same time. But they didn't. MVP and Nestea won their championships and we have to accept it for what it is.


"I seriously doubt that Flash would have ever won anything if Einstein, Schumacher and da Vinci would have been around to play Starcraft when Broodwar became big in Korea. But they didn't. Boxer, Savior and Flash won their championships and we have to accept it for what it is."
Lol... Sorry, dude, but you just sound like a butthurt Flash fan that can't get over the fact that we live in 2013.


A butt hurt flash fan? lol I didn't even bring up Flash in the argument you quoted. His name isn't even mentioned in that entire paragraph. Also, I have no problem that we live in 2013. Also, I bring plenty of evidence with my arguments whereas you only have an opinion with no substance to back it up.


Lol. You don't bring evidence. You just dream up "what if"-scenarios.
Also I don't need to bring up arguements. The Kespa players weren't around for SC2, there is nothing to argue about. What you want to talk about simply did never occur.

Or in the language of logics: The statement you make cannot be quantified, therefore it is worthless.


The fact you keep overlooking is that the Kespa players were around for SC2. They go by the names of MVP, Nestea, MC, Fruitdealer, IntotheRain, etc. So, you should drop your argument. My statement can be quantified by common sense and if you actually played BW. If you didn't then you wouldn't know what the hell I'm talking about. If you did, then you would understand perfectly what I mean. But since you didn't, don't comment back at all. Also, I was replying to a question that didn't involve you to begin with. So I suggest you see your way out of it. Also, the Kespa players "WERE" around for SC2, they co-existed while MVP, Nestea, and MC's domination occurred. This isn't two different eras were talking about here, it's within the same time frame. Not to mention MMA who was MVP's Kryptonite for a while also had Kespa experience.


No my friend. If you are so stubborn to interprete what I wrote literally, instead of using your "common sense" to get that I was clearly referring to the same "top level Kespa players of pre-SC2" (I'm not going to describe them further for you), then at least really take it literally: None of the mentioned players in your post had a Kespa contract, so they were literally NONKESPA players in the timeframe we talk about.

And since you seem to be waiting for an arguement, why I believe that said players would not have dominated:
If they had played, Mozart would have come back to life and would have dominated the GSL.
(note that because the first part "if they had played" is not true, it doesn't matter what I deduce from it. The statement as a whole will always be true)
Die4Ever
Profile Joined August 2010
United States17750 Posts
February 02 2013 04:32 GMT
#3726
On February 02 2013 13:30 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2013 12:28 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 02 2013 12:11 Big J wrote:
On February 02 2013 11:41 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 02 2013 11:13 Big J wrote:
On February 02 2013 10:42 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 02 2013 10:36 ELA wrote:
On February 02 2013 09:39 1raxexpand wrote:
On February 02 2013 07:25 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 02 2013 06:56 2muchSWAG wrote:
Wow Stephano is so overrated. This is just proof that Idra(Ro8), Huk(Ro8), Naniwa(2x Ro8) and Jinro(2x Ro4) are better than him. I'd say that Stephano is the 5th maybe 6th maybe even 7th best foreigner right now. Not making it past the round of 32 when these other players who are called "fallen out" made it past Stephano. I'd say he is super overrated. One Ro8 in Code S equates to about 7 foreign major premier tournament wins.

I disagree. Idra, Jinro, and Huk (besides a bo1 against Fantasy) didn't have to play against a Kespa player. Stephano and Naniwa did and they were both eliminated by them as well.


Jinro got Ro4 when the competition is not as fierce. A Ro16 now for a foreiner is pronably more impressive. This has nothing to do with Kespa though.


Competition was just as fierce then as it is now, fucking 400 people showed up for the first qualifying rounds which Jinro and idrA battered their way through - The game is more refined now since people have had more time to practice, but competition was just as fierce as it is now.

By your shitty logic, I could be going on about how crap players Nestea and MVP are because they only won their GSLs because the game was still 'new' and Rain wasn't there to own them.

Stop doing this, please.


It wouldn't have to necessarily be "Rain". It's just ironic that the top 3 players around that time "Nestea", "MVP", and "MC", hell even Fruit Dealer and IntotheRainbow all had Kespa experience coming into the game which gave them an edge over their opponents when it comes to micro/macro/multitasking/decision making and preparation. I honestly don't think they would have won those GSL's if the "better" Kespa players had of switched over at the same time. But they didn't. MVP and Nestea won their championships and we have to accept it for what it is.


"I seriously doubt that Flash would have ever won anything if Einstein, Schumacher and da Vinci would have been around to play Starcraft when Broodwar became big in Korea. But they didn't. Boxer, Savior and Flash won their championships and we have to accept it for what it is."
Lol... Sorry, dude, but you just sound like a butthurt Flash fan that can't get over the fact that we live in 2013.


A butt hurt flash fan? lol I didn't even bring up Flash in the argument you quoted. His name isn't even mentioned in that entire paragraph. Also, I have no problem that we live in 2013. Also, I bring plenty of evidence with my arguments whereas you only have an opinion with no substance to back it up.


Lol. You don't bring evidence. You just dream up "what if"-scenarios.
Also I don't need to bring up arguements. The Kespa players weren't around for SC2, there is nothing to argue about. What you want to talk about simply did never occur.

Or in the language of logics: The statement you make cannot be quantified, therefore it is worthless.


The fact you keep overlooking is that the Kespa players were around for SC2. They go by the names of MVP, Nestea, MC, Fruitdealer, IntotheRain, etc. So, you should drop your argument. My statement can be quantified by common sense and if you actually played BW. If you didn't then you wouldn't know what the hell I'm talking about. If you did, then you would understand perfectly what I mean. But since you didn't, don't comment back at all. Also, I was replying to a question that didn't involve you to begin with. So I suggest you see your way out of it. Also, the Kespa players "WERE" around for SC2, they co-existed while MVP, Nestea, and MC's domination occurred. This isn't two different eras were talking about here, it's within the same time frame. Not to mention MMA who was MVP's Kryptonite for a while also had Kespa experience.


No my friend. If you are so stubborn to interprete what I wrote literally, instead of using your "common sense" to get that I was clearly referring to the same "top level Kespa players of pre-SC2" (I'm not going to describe them further for you), then at least really take it literally: None of the mentioned players in your post had a Kespa contract, so they were literally NONKESPA players in the timeframe we talk about.

And since you seem to be waiting for an arguement, why I believe that said players would not have dominated:
If they had played, Mozart would have come back to life and would have dominated the GSL.
(note that because the first part "if they had played" is not true, it doesn't matter what I deduce from it. The statement as a whole will always be true)

Mozart wouldn't have had shit on Alexander the Great.
"Expert" mods4ever.com
fluidin
Profile Joined November 2011
Singapore1084 Posts
February 02 2013 05:01 GMT
#3727
no one has shit on genghis khan. alexander? pfft
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
February 02 2013 05:06 GMT
#3728
On February 02 2013 14:01 fluidin wrote:
no one has shit on genghis khan. alexander? pfft

Well.....
Goldfish
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
February 02 2013 09:55 GMT
#3729
On February 01 2013 19:07 Gimmeurladderpoints wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 19:05 Fionn wrote:
Poll: Who would you trust with your life on the line?

Bomber (39)
 
60%

MKP (26)
 
40%

65 total votes

Your vote: Who would you trust with your life on the line?

(Vote): Bomber
(Vote): MKP





Srsly? I rather jump off a cliff immediately. Two of the biggest chokers ever. Just put hero in there as well.


That is the funniest poll.

But I agree.

Bomber might drop premature manner mules and lose the game (It happened twice already, AFAIK, the game against a Zerg he proxy raxed on Dual Site, and against MKP).

MKP is MKP (even though I like the guy, he's MKP).

https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsServerFeedback/feedback/details/741495/biggest-explorer-annoyance-automatic-sorting-windows-7-server-2008-r2-and-vista#details Allow Disable Auto Arrange in Windows 7+
Dirkinity
Profile Joined November 2012
Germany409 Posts
February 02 2013 10:10 GMT
#3730
Stephano played terrible. Such a shame for every foreigner. If this is the best foreigners can show - better not invite foreigners again.
Novs
Profile Joined September 2010
United States14 Posts
February 02 2013 10:14 GMT
#3731
On February 02 2013 19:10 Dirkinity wrote:
Stephano played terrible. Such a shame for every foreigner. If this is the best foreigners can show - better not invite foreigners again.

Stephano played beautifully in all the games he wasn't all inned on. That first game was probably the best sc2 match I've seen in at least a year.

Yes he has holes in his play, which can be said of anyone, but his mechanics are obviously code S material, saying anything else is just straight biased.
Mista_Masta
Profile Joined January 2009
Netherlands557 Posts
February 02 2013 12:01 GMT
#3732
It's been said before, but now that I've actually watched some of the VODs, I feel that Wolf casting solo is really really good. I love Tastosis, but Wolf deserves credit for casting so well yesterday!
Incomplet
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United Kingdom1419 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-02 12:14:56
February 02 2013 12:05 GMT
#3733
I've been saying this for awhile now, but wolfdor are the best casters now, with Apollo a close second.

They should be casting Code S. Tastosis are great for how loyal they have been all these years to Gom, but at the end of the day, customer satisfaction comes first.
Bow down to the sons of Aiur...SKT1_Rain, CreatorPrime, ST_Parting, Liquid_Hero.
2muchSWAG
Profile Joined January 2013
76 Posts
February 02 2013 17:33 GMT
#3734
On February 02 2013 19:14 Novs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2013 19:10 Dirkinity wrote:
Stephano played terrible. Such a shame for every foreigner. If this is the best foreigners can show - better not invite foreigners again.

Stephano played beautifully in all the games he wasn't all inned on. That first game was probably the best sc2 match I've seen in at least a year.

Yes he has holes in his play, which can be said of anyone, but his mechanics are obviously code S material, saying anything else is just straight biased.


Can't tell if trolling or blind Stephano fan boy or lives under a rock or ignorant towards the Korean scene and its greatness.
#YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO #YOLO
sparklyresidue
Profile Joined August 2011
United States5524 Posts
February 02 2013 17:34 GMT
#3735
On February 02 2013 13:32 Die4Ever wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2013 13:30 Big J wrote:
On February 02 2013 12:28 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 02 2013 12:11 Big J wrote:
On February 02 2013 11:41 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 02 2013 11:13 Big J wrote:
On February 02 2013 10:42 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On February 02 2013 10:36 ELA wrote:
On February 02 2013 09:39 1raxexpand wrote:
On February 02 2013 07:25 BlazeFury01 wrote:
[quote]
I disagree. Idra, Jinro, and Huk (besides a bo1 against Fantasy) didn't have to play against a Kespa player. Stephano and Naniwa did and they were both eliminated by them as well.


Jinro got Ro4 when the competition is not as fierce. A Ro16 now for a foreiner is pronably more impressive. This has nothing to do with Kespa though.


Competition was just as fierce then as it is now, fucking 400 people showed up for the first qualifying rounds which Jinro and idrA battered their way through - The game is more refined now since people have had more time to practice, but competition was just as fierce as it is now.

By your shitty logic, I could be going on about how crap players Nestea and MVP are because they only won their GSLs because the game was still 'new' and Rain wasn't there to own them.

Stop doing this, please.


It wouldn't have to necessarily be "Rain". It's just ironic that the top 3 players around that time "Nestea", "MVP", and "MC", hell even Fruit Dealer and IntotheRainbow all had Kespa experience coming into the game which gave them an edge over their opponents when it comes to micro/macro/multitasking/decision making and preparation. I honestly don't think they would have won those GSL's if the "better" Kespa players had of switched over at the same time. But they didn't. MVP and Nestea won their championships and we have to accept it for what it is.


"I seriously doubt that Flash would have ever won anything if Einstein, Schumacher and da Vinci would have been around to play Starcraft when Broodwar became big in Korea. But they didn't. Boxer, Savior and Flash won their championships and we have to accept it for what it is."
Lol... Sorry, dude, but you just sound like a butthurt Flash fan that can't get over the fact that we live in 2013.


A butt hurt flash fan? lol I didn't even bring up Flash in the argument you quoted. His name isn't even mentioned in that entire paragraph. Also, I have no problem that we live in 2013. Also, I bring plenty of evidence with my arguments whereas you only have an opinion with no substance to back it up.


Lol. You don't bring evidence. You just dream up "what if"-scenarios.
Also I don't need to bring up arguements. The Kespa players weren't around for SC2, there is nothing to argue about. What you want to talk about simply did never occur.

Or in the language of logics: The statement you make cannot be quantified, therefore it is worthless.


The fact you keep overlooking is that the Kespa players were around for SC2. They go by the names of MVP, Nestea, MC, Fruitdealer, IntotheRain, etc. So, you should drop your argument. My statement can be quantified by common sense and if you actually played BW. If you didn't then you wouldn't know what the hell I'm talking about. If you did, then you would understand perfectly what I mean. But since you didn't, don't comment back at all. Also, I was replying to a question that didn't involve you to begin with. So I suggest you see your way out of it. Also, the Kespa players "WERE" around for SC2, they co-existed while MVP, Nestea, and MC's domination occurred. This isn't two different eras were talking about here, it's within the same time frame. Not to mention MMA who was MVP's Kryptonite for a while also had Kespa experience.


No my friend. If you are so stubborn to interprete what I wrote literally, instead of using your "common sense" to get that I was clearly referring to the same "top level Kespa players of pre-SC2" (I'm not going to describe them further for you), then at least really take it literally: None of the mentioned players in your post had a Kespa contract, so they were literally NONKESPA players in the timeframe we talk about.

And since you seem to be waiting for an arguement, why I believe that said players would not have dominated:
If they had played, Mozart would have come back to life and would have dominated the GSL.
(note that because the first part "if they had played" is not true, it doesn't matter what I deduce from it. The statement as a whole will always be true)

Mozart wouldn't have had shit on Alexander the Great.


Mozart would have had great mechanics, but perhaps would be lacking in the overall strategy department. Agreed.
Like Tinkerbelle, I leave behind a sparkly residue.
ashLoo
Profile Joined April 2011
United States202 Posts
February 02 2013 19:14 GMT
#3736
Watched these games late and haven't read thread(s). I love Wolf and he held it down well. But where were tastosis? (Tasosis fan boy here, I won't front<3)
sneep
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
February 02 2013 19:18 GMT
#3737
On February 03 2013 04:14 ashLoo wrote:
Watched these games late and haven't read thread(s). I love Wolf and he held it down well. But where were tastosis? (Tasosis fan boy here, I won't front<3)

They were in Taiwan for some convention
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
ashLoo
Profile Joined April 2011
United States202 Posts
February 02 2013 19:20 GMT
#3738
On February 03 2013 04:18 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2013 04:14 ashLoo wrote:
Watched these games late and haven't read thread(s). I love Wolf and he held it down well. But where were tastosis? (Tasosis fan boy here, I won't front<3)

They were in Taiwan for some convention


Thank you. I'm always too lazy to go searching myself and I know some people hate on that. Much appreciated though for the simple response.
sneep
GARcher
Profile Joined October 2012
Canada294 Posts
February 03 2013 00:41 GMT
#3739
As expected
ZvZ is like a shitty apartment: Roaches and Fungal Growth everywhere.
AxiomBlurr
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
786 Posts
February 04 2013 00:00 GMT
#3740
On February 01 2013 15:49 AxiomBlurr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 15:38 ratbert wrote:
On February 01 2013 15:32 AxiomBlurr wrote:
I am in Korea and will be watching this at the Gom studio tonight!! ~~





have fun! now i'm jelly



Thanks!!! I secretly would love the Terrans getting through!!! but as I said before - I predict DRG and Bogus.


Called it...was great being in studio...

Stephano played the best he can - but was far too predictable, the build Bogus pulled on the last map is custom made to rock the socks off that style of Z (and yes Stephano had his socks rocked). The Frenchman could learn a lot from studying Life.


Prev 1 185 186 187 188 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1457
WardiTV693
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech129
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6344
Bisu 2396
Jaedong 1186
EffOrt 551
Horang2 413
actioN 400
Mini 338
ZerO 205
ggaemo 176
Larva 170
[ Show more ]
Mind 113
Pusan 89
Sea.KH 84
Yoon 81
Shinee 65
Sharp 63
Dewaltoss 57
Barracks 57
Bale 57
Snow 54
Hyun 48
hero 46
ToSsGirL 36
sorry 31
NotJumperer 22
scan(afreeca) 19
Sacsri 18
Trap 13
Rock 10
zelot 10
NaDa 9
Icarus 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4002
qojqva2352
Dendi989
Counter-Strike
markeloff82
Other Games
olofmeister1158
hiko814
B2W.Neo576
Lowko361
crisheroes288
DeMusliM242
Pyrionflax192
Livibee153
Hui .126
Liquid`VortiX108
QueenE80
XBOCT61
Mew2King60
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 47
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV704
League of Legends
• Jankos1942
• Nemesis1712
• TFBlade492
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h 28m
Patches Events
1d 2h
The PondCast
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.