• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:38
CEST 19:38
KST 02:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10010 users

[Code S] RO32 Group H 2013 GSL Season 1 - Page 181

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 179 180 181 182 183 188 Next
No balance whining, caster bashing, or player bashing in this thread.
tili
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1332 Posts
February 01 2013 15:20 GMT
#3601
nooooooooooooo I want tastosis to cast stephano so $%^&* badly
virpi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany3599 Posts
February 01 2013 15:21 GMT
#3602
Stephano played well, but he wasn't scouting properly in some of the games. Still a nice showing, I don't see a real reason to bash him. He outplayed Hack and he lost in a close series to Innovation. (man I still don't like that name, Bogus was way cooler...) DRG, however, played monstrously. His ZvT truly is amazing.
first we make expand, then we defense it.
Vertigro
Profile Joined October 2012
United Kingdom261 Posts
February 01 2013 15:30 GMT
#3603
On February 02 2013 00:12 HuKPOWA wrote:
and this proves Stephano can't survive in Code S right?


it proved that innovation was better than him i suppose?
"..." - Greg 'IdrA' Fields +++ DeMuslim, Naniwa, Jaedong, Hero, Suppy! <3 <3
LiamTheZerg
Profile Joined March 2011
United States523 Posts
February 01 2013 15:33 GMT
#3604
suck it, foreigner hopefuls.

glad to see DRG looking strong after not seeing his past glory for a long timme ;D
Jjakji | Sage | Seal | Shuttle | DongRaeGu | oGsTheSTC | Bomber | Curious | Oz
NVRLand
Profile Joined March 2012
Sweden203 Posts
February 01 2013 15:33 GMT
#3605
On February 01 2013 22:54 Shellshock1122 wrote:
I think we will start seeing Akilon Flats as one of the go to zerg maps for ZvT. After the 3 ZvT wins on it today the map is now 5-0 for Zerg


At the start of the season I watched TLO's stream where he talked to Ret about how bad Akilon Flats was for zergs since they can't scout gas against terran... Kinda confused now when people starts to talking about akilon being a good map for zergs? :p

(Not zerg myself so I donno :D)
HeeroFX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2704 Posts
February 01 2013 15:36 GMT
#3606
Well DRG cleaned house, I think he wants the world to remember him as the final winner of code S WoL. STephano did pretty good, i was expecting him to make it out actually lol.
Kergy
Profile Joined December 2010
Peru2011 Posts
February 01 2013 15:39 GMT
#3607
awwwwsome results
Everyday Girl's Day~!
OptimusYale
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)1005 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-01 15:46:24
February 01 2013 15:46 GMT
#3608
On February 02 2013 00:33 NVRLand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 22:54 Shellshock1122 wrote:
I think we will start seeing Akilon Flats as one of the go to zerg maps for ZvT. After the 3 ZvT wins on it today the map is now 5-0 for Zerg


At the start of the season I watched TLO's stream where he talked to Ret about how bad Akilon Flats was for zergs since they can't scout gas against terran... Kinda confused now when people starts to talking about akilon being a good map for zergs? :p

(Not zerg myself so I donno :D)



The map has been changed for GSL IIRC.

Hence why its flats in the GSL, and Wastes in Ladder
las91
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States5080 Posts
February 01 2013 16:06 GMT
#3609
I don't see how people can really defend Stephano or attack him. He played ok, although I would be more than a little concerned he couldn't pull a win on cross position Whirlwind against a Terran. Bogus (I will never call him Innovation lol) played well and 4-1'd him in the games, he earned his spot. Stephano will have more chances if/when he acclimates to GSL.
In Inca we trust
BronzeKnee
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5226 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-01 16:15:02
February 01 2013 16:06 GMT
#3610
And the 11/11 strikes again...

I would have liked to see some more macro builds out of Innovation, but he did what he needed to do to win. While I would have done the same thing, rolled the dice, it is because I'm bad. He is lucky.
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
February 01 2013 16:13 GMT
#3611
On February 02 2013 01:06 las91 wrote:
I don't see how people can really defend Stephano or attack him. He played ok, although I would be more than a little concerned he couldn't pull a win on cross position Whirlwind against a Terran. Bogus (I will never call him Innovation lol) played well and 4-1'd him in the games, he earned his spot. Stephano will have more chances if/when he acclimates to GSL.


I avoided the LR thread because I knew it was going to turn into Stephano vs Kespa vs eSF vs sliced bread.
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
February 01 2013 16:15 GMT
#3612
On February 02 2013 01:13 lichter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2013 01:06 las91 wrote:
I don't see how people can really defend Stephano or attack him. He played ok, although I would be more than a little concerned he couldn't pull a win on cross position Whirlwind against a Terran. Bogus (I will never call him Innovation lol) played well and 4-1'd him in the games, he earned his spot. Stephano will have more chances if/when he acclimates to GSL.


I avoided the LR thread because I knew it was going to turn into Stephano vs Kespa vs eSF vs sliced bread.


Sliced bread is clearly superior though
AdministratorBreak the chains
Jimmeh
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom908 Posts
February 01 2013 16:18 GMT
#3613
On February 02 2013 00:46 OptimusYale wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2013 00:33 NVRLand wrote:
On February 01 2013 22:54 Shellshock1122 wrote:
I think we will start seeing Akilon Flats as one of the go to zerg maps for ZvT. After the 3 ZvT wins on it today the map is now 5-0 for Zerg


At the start of the season I watched TLO's stream where he talked to Ret about how bad Akilon Flats was for zergs since they can't scout gas against terran... Kinda confused now when people starts to talking about akilon being a good map for zergs? :p

(Not zerg myself so I donno :D)



The map has been changed for GSL IIRC.

Hence why its flats in the GSL, and Wastes in Ladder


Flats is the WoL version, Wastes is the HotS version.
Just_a_Moth
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada1971 Posts
February 01 2013 16:24 GMT
#3614
On February 01 2013 22:10 Type|NarutO wrote:
I remember a guy writing "Huk went 1-4 and took a game, already spelled fuck you to all the haters" Now Stephano goes out 3-4 and got demolished? Some guys seriously are nuts here. MVP went 1-4, what a newbie right? Code A level player.

I guess the difference is that Stephano never went through Code A and below to get to Code S.
ChrysaliS_
Profile Joined January 2011
United States261 Posts
February 01 2013 16:33 GMT
#3615
On February 02 2013 01:24 coasts wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2013 22:10 Type|NarutO wrote:
I remember a guy writing "Huk went 1-4 and took a game, already spelled fuck you to all the haters" Now Stephano goes out 3-4 and got demolished? Some guys seriously are nuts here. MVP went 1-4, what a newbie right? Code A level player.

I guess the difference is that Stephano never went through Code A and below to get to Code S.


Neither did HuK...
Chrysalis.145
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
February 01 2013 16:33 GMT
#3616
On February 02 2013 01:15 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2013 01:13 lichter wrote:
On February 02 2013 01:06 las91 wrote:
I don't see how people can really defend Stephano or attack him. He played ok, although I would be more than a little concerned he couldn't pull a win on cross position Whirlwind against a Terran. Bogus (I will never call him Innovation lol) played well and 4-1'd him in the games, he earned his spot. Stephano will have more chances if/when he acclimates to GSL.


I avoided the LR thread because I knew it was going to turn into Stephano vs Kespa vs eSF vs sliced bread.


Sliced bread is clearly superior though

It's getting nerfed next patch. Rolls are going to be the way to go
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
KimJongChill
Profile Joined January 2011
United States6429 Posts
February 01 2013 16:34 GMT
#3617
one game stephano ;_;
MMA: U realise MMA: Most of my army EgIdra: fuck off MMA: Killed my orbital MMA: LOL MMA: just saying MMA: u werent loss
Grend
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1600 Posts
February 01 2013 16:37 GMT
#3618
lol that was the most entertaining "clicking spoilers to see results" session in a while
Too bad Stephano, but now I do not have to watch any GSL in a while so that is good.
♞ Against the Wind - Bob Seger ♞
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
February 01 2013 16:38 GMT
#3619
poor Stephano, so close to RO16. He must feel crushed especially since it was 1-1 against Bogus in that last series :/ Glad to know that Bogus moved to RO16, he deserves it and so does DRG
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
BlazeFury01
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1460 Posts
February 01 2013 16:43 GMT
#3620
On February 02 2013 01:06 BronzeKnee wrote:
And the 11/11 strikes again...

I would have liked to see some more macro builds out of Innovation, but he did what he needed to do to win. While I would have done the same thing, rolled the dice, it is because I'm bad. He is lucky.


Changing up your play is innovative. At the top level, you want to stay in your opponents head as much as possible by using different builds. Innovation proved he could play a macro game with Stephano. If you want to see more macro builds out of innovation then you should watch pro league where he's playing players that are equal or better than him in skill.
Prev 1 179 180 181 182 183 188 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 243
ProTech143
UpATreeSC 118
BRAT_OK 75
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3341
Bisu 2007
Soulkey 1069
EffOrt 526
Larva 380
Mini 376
ZerO 205
Dewaltoss 187
hero 93
Mind 73
[ Show more ]
Sharp 68
sorry 63
Shinee 53
Barracks 40
Sea.KH 33
Bale 27
Trap 24
Terrorterran 22
NaDa 20
ToSsGirL 19
Rock 13
scan(afreeca) 12
zelot 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Dendi1518
XaKoH 441
420jenkins322
League of Legends
Reynor73
Counter-Strike
fl0m4223
pashabiceps801
Fnx 663
x6flipin437
edward24
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu409
Other Games
Grubby2436
Liquid`RaSZi1591
FrodaN752
XBOCT280
Livibee187
TKL 123
C9.Mang0113
QueenE93
RotterdaM45
Mew2King36
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV224
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 64
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 41
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2921
• TFBlade758
Other Games
• Shiphtur637
• WagamamaTV632
• imaqtpie431
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 22m
Patches Events
22h 22m
The PondCast
1d 16h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.