• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:06
CEST 17:06
KST 00:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8160 users

[NASL] Season 3 Finals Day 2 - Page 275

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 273 274 275 276 277 283 Next
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27450 Posts
July 16 2012 02:12 GMT
#5481
On July 16 2012 11:09 epicdemic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 11:03 mordk wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:56 epicdemic wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:39 mordk wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:34 illsick wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:30 SCST wrote:
I don't think GSL really suites Stephano's style . . . he doesn't catch me as the kind of guy who studies his opponents, or wants to wait around for days and weeks to play each match. He just wants to roll through to the end and cash in. Can't say I blame him, and I'm definitely a big fan because of it.


He plays his style and doesn't worry too much on other people's style. He's been analyzed and studied a lot but yet he still is a dominant player. I think he can do well, just that there's so many people at his skill level in GSL. He's definitely one of the best players in the world.

He's a dominant player who only just got his first big tournament. I think he's an awesome player, but don't think he'll magically get to korea and win the GSL. The competition there is far and above anything Stephano has won so far.


Lol man, what's with the fucking haters. Stephano has been finishing top 4 in so many major recent tournaments he participated in. MLG, Red Bull, IPL, NASL, he's been owning it up everywhere. His skill level is higher than both Naniwa and SaSe, who both made it into code S recently.

If Stephano would participate in Code S it would of course not be a guaranteed win, but he would have a better shot than the average Code S player most certainly.

He has already been to Korea once and the only reason he didn't do Code S was because he didn't want to. He only has to accept GOM's seed.

And I'm not saying this because I like Stephano. MKP has said in an interview that Stephano is Code S level, and I believe some other Code S players as well. Furthermore a lot of Broodwar Players (Jaedong et. al) are impressed with him.

Sure Stephano is not perfect, but he's one of the best players in the world and if you want to post comments like that you're in the wrong place at the wrong time bro. GTFO.

Sigh... when did I say he's not one of the best players in the world? Of course he is that's pretty much established...

What I'm saying, is people expect him to get to Korea, enter GSL and instagib everyone, which is certainly not gonna happen. GSL is tougher than all those tournaments


IPL4 was tougher than GSL. (Stephano finished 5-6th, tied with MKP)

Different format though, it's the pre-preparation that makes GSL both harder for some and easier for others. Supernova looks a class act when he gets time to prepare, but seems to play below that level for example when he played IEM (Sao Paulo I think it was). On the other hand Stephano, MKP and players of that ilk seem to be better suited to the hard slog of a weekend LAN.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
July 16 2012 02:12 GMT
#5482
On July 16 2012 11:08 mordk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 11:07 Zeon0 wrote:
Nestea vs Losira was the most one sided

No way. Inca was just destroyed. Losira tried to fight somehow.

Inca... he wasn't even there


not sure if amazing dt joke or hillarious word play
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
July 16 2012 02:13 GMT
#5483
On July 16 2012 11:05 Emperor_Earth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 10:55 oniman999 wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:49 Pur3_MaYheM wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:45 oniman999 wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:39 rhs408 wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:32 Antithesis wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:29 Zeon0 wrote:
why are they dacing? i dont mind, but i just dont understand it? and then everyone is hugging everyone, never saw something like that in any other sport before^^

This is cracking me up because it's exactly how I felt.

I enjoyed watching the ceremony, but it was kinda odd. I can't really believe they planned it like "Well, and when the final match is over, EVERYBODY ENTERS THE STAGE AND DANCES".

I don't say it was bad, though.

I have sort of mixed feelings on this "closing ceremony"... first of all, this was definitely an American type of victory celebration - this is what you see in baseball when the world series or even when playoff games are won, the team celebrates after the game in the locker room by spraying champagne on each other, some players may even start dancing around with each other, etc. All perfectly normal in that scenario. But here, it was just one guy who won, and basically the casters all come out, spray champagne on the winner, and then start dancing with him? Imagine if say, this happened when a major Tennis match is won? Do the Tennis TV annoucers come down, spray champagne on the champion, and then start dancing with him?

I think it was all a good idea, we all got a good laugh out of it, but was a bit too "raw". Any feeling of "professional production" that was left went out the window. The winner certainly enjoyed the celebration though, I guess that's an important part of it all (even Alicia would have had a good time I think!), but I think this was more than a bit over the top.


I have only ever seen one professional tennis match in my life, and when that match was the won, the winner threw his racket in the air, screamed, and ripped off his shirt (The heat had something to do with this I imagine). He did this on the court, as soon as the match was over, eventually falling to the ground and staying there for a while, but only after he threw his shirt into the crowd. I would much rather have a dance party to celebrate a tournament where fans can get involved and everyone can have some fun than a celebration like I saw in tennis.



You are talking aobut djokovic after wining a big match, yeah thats pure emotion right there.

As for "professional production" Most of thepeople participating in this league are kids in their 20s, theres no need for a ceremony with red carpets and long speeches, its a videogame ment to be fun, the tournament is meant to bring entertainment, a dance party with the winner seems right for the kind of event the NASL is


Yeah, I couldn't remember if the winner was Djokovic or Nadal. I should probably clarify that I saw nothing wrong with his celebration, it was like you said "pure emotion". I just didn't like the point that tennis is some purely professional 1v1 competition where stuff like that never happens. I like when people show emotion and have fun after a big win, which is why I liked this NASL finals celebration.


... Are you serious? Tennis is one of the most pussified, unprofessional, and fake win celebrations I've ever seen. Grown men on their knees sobbing after match wins... seriously?

I don't mind emotional wins but not after every single match like it's the end of your life. Save it for a finals or something, like Kobe winning Game 7 over Boston a few years back. If Roddick finally beat Federer in a Wimbledon Finals or when Nadal finally trumped Djokovic, okay, that's obviously something emotional. But if you're a top tier profesisonal, you should be expecting to win as part of your mental preparation. Did you see Kobe act like a 4 year old with a scabbed knee after every win? No. You saw a man who controlled himself until he won something of import, not after every bloody day of good work.

BoxeR after his loss to oov was an iconic SC moment for example, and thus obviously full of real emotion. That's something worth sharing and remembering for many reasons. But if BoxeR were to randomly cry everytime he wins a match, i would say that's very unprofessional.

So no, Tennis is an abysmal example in general for what a professional production and celebration should look like.



well you and kobe can tell everyone else how to feel then, you can be the feelings police
theforsakenbro
Profile Joined May 2012
40 Posts
July 16 2012 02:14 GMT
#5484
Fantastic play by Stephano. Does this mean that Alicia is now in the kong line?
illsick
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1770 Posts
July 16 2012 02:14 GMT
#5485
On July 16 2012 11:03 mordk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 10:56 epicdemic wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:39 mordk wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:34 illsick wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:30 SCST wrote:
I don't think GSL really suites Stephano's style . . . he doesn't catch me as the kind of guy who studies his opponents, or wants to wait around for days and weeks to play each match. He just wants to roll through to the end and cash in. Can't say I blame him, and I'm definitely a big fan because of it.


He plays his style and doesn't worry too much on other people's style. He's been analyzed and studied a lot but yet he still is a dominant player. I think he can do well, just that there's so many people at his skill level in GSL. He's definitely one of the best players in the world.

He's a dominant player who only just got his first big tournament. I think he's an awesome player, but don't think he'll magically get to korea and win the GSL. The competition there is far and above anything Stephano has won so far.


Lol man, what's with the fucking haters. Stephano has been finishing top 4 in so many major recent tournaments he participated in. MLG, Red Bull, IPL, NASL, he's been owning it up everywhere. His skill level is higher than both Naniwa and SaSe, who both made it into code S recently.

If Stephano would participate in Code S it would of course not be a guaranteed win, but he would have a better shot than the average Code S player most certainly.

He has already been to Korea once and the only reason he didn't do Code S was because he didn't want to. He only has to accept GOM's seed.

And I'm not saying this because I like Stephano. MKP has said in an interview that Stephano is Code S level, and I believe some other Code S players as well. Furthermore a lot of Broodwar Players (Jaedong et. al) are impressed with him.

Sure Stephano is not perfect, but he's one of the best players in the world and if you want to post comments like that you're in the wrong place at the wrong time bro. GTFO.

Sigh... when did I say he's not one of the best players in the world? Of course he is that's pretty much established...

What I'm saying, is people expect him to get to Korea, enter GSL and instagib everyone, which is certainly not gonna happen. GSL is tougher than all those tournaments


I think everyone knows that that GSL is the toughest tournament and I think people see stephano having a good chance to win that title as does MC, Nestea, DRG, mvp. Those are great players too but they won't be a sure thing to instagib everyone either. Him winning a GSL would be legendary and the TL/reddit site might just explode if he does.
you live and you learn
Lstrike
Profile Joined April 2012
United States27 Posts
July 16 2012 02:14 GMT
#5486
Stephano's run in GSL would depend on a lot of things...His vP is pretty impressive as he can counter a variety of builds. Even without the recent zerg buff, his vP was good.. But his vT is questionable at best and vZ is terrible at Code S level... With the recent metagame shifting to powerful zerg lategame, we will see a lot of zergs in Code A/S. (Even now in Code A ,matches we see a lot of zergs advancing). So his GSL run would depend on any powerful zergs being in his group.

MC vs Stephano can go either way. it went 4-2 this time. MC won 5-3 in fightclub. We havent seen Stephano battle Korean protoss IN KOREA. So only time will tell....
mordk
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Chile8385 Posts
July 16 2012 02:15 GMT
#5487
On July 16 2012 11:09 epicdemic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 11:03 mordk wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:56 epicdemic wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:39 mordk wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:34 illsick wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:30 SCST wrote:
I don't think GSL really suites Stephano's style . . . he doesn't catch me as the kind of guy who studies his opponents, or wants to wait around for days and weeks to play each match. He just wants to roll through to the end and cash in. Can't say I blame him, and I'm definitely a big fan because of it.


He plays his style and doesn't worry too much on other people's style. He's been analyzed and studied a lot but yet he still is a dominant player. I think he can do well, just that there's so many people at his skill level in GSL. He's definitely one of the best players in the world.

He's a dominant player who only just got his first big tournament. I think he's an awesome player, but don't think he'll magically get to korea and win the GSL. The competition there is far and above anything Stephano has won so far.


Lol man, what's with the fucking haters. Stephano has been finishing top 4 in so many major recent tournaments he participated in. MLG, Red Bull, IPL, NASL, he's been owning it up everywhere. His skill level is higher than both Naniwa and SaSe, who both made it into code S recently.

If Stephano would participate in Code S it would of course not be a guaranteed win, but he would have a better shot than the average Code S player most certainly.

He has already been to Korea once and the only reason he didn't do Code S was because he didn't want to. He only has to accept GOM's seed.

And I'm not saying this because I like Stephano. MKP has said in an interview that Stephano is Code S level, and I believe some other Code S players as well. Furthermore a lot of Broodwar Players (Jaedong et. al) are impressed with him.

Sure Stephano is not perfect, but he's one of the best players in the world and if you want to post comments like that you're in the wrong place at the wrong time bro. GTFO.

Sigh... when did I say he's not one of the best players in the world? Of course he is that's pretty much established...

What I'm saying, is people expect him to get to Korea, enter GSL and instagib everyone, which is certainly not gonna happen. GSL is tougher than all those tournaments


IPL4 was tougher than GSL. (Stephano finished 5-6th, tied with MKP)

Now you're just trolling...

But I'll oblige.. funny that you reference IPL4, a tournament in which Stephano lost to all solid Code S players, he beat a (If memory serves), slumping Bomber, JYP and Curious (All code A/B level), and lost to MKP/MMA/NesTea. I think that's probably around where his skill level is. If I had to make a guess, I'd say Code S Ro16.

And no, IPL4 was nowhere near a Code S tournament, simply because of the preparation between matches.
ShAdZ_ZX
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia635 Posts
July 16 2012 02:15 GMT
#5488
On July 16 2012 10:51 taoito wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 10:12 MasterKang wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:08 leo23 wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:05 aRyuujin wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:04 Knight79 wrote:
Woot, Europe>Korea




no lol
Europe's number 1 player > code b protoss


Here let me shut your mouth

Europe's number 1 player > current code S semifinalist (MC)


MC demolished him at redbull. one series means nothing


Kinda late but right back at you.
One series at Redbull means nothing.
Problem?


Your logic is flawed. He's saying one series is irrelevant, you're saying one series is irrelevant. Why would he have a 'problem' if you're arguing the same point as he is?

Why do people like you even bother?
m0ck
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
4194 Posts
July 16 2012 02:16 GMT
#5489
On July 16 2012 11:07 InMotion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 11:03 Benjamin99 wrote:
On July 16 2012 11:01 InMotion wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:57 revel8 wrote:
Stephano has beaten 16 different Koreans in the past 9 weeks or so since he decided to extend his career by an extra year. That includes Alicia and MC both twice. Plus Nerchio, Ret, Socke, Huk, BeastyQT. He has been defeated by Vodka 6 though!


He just got lucky by choosing zerg as his race. This isn't even a balance whine but honestly Z is very strong right now and its just easier to play than protoss or terran. He just wouldn't be winning with Terran especially.

T and P seem to be a race that is very weak late game vs Z and are forced to do all ins or timing pushes to stop the zerg.


But but but Stephano still won major tournaments when zerg was considered weak. Yawn

Btw probs to NASL amasing season and amasing final


It's not about being weak.. it's about being much easier. Stephano has talent but coupled with how relatively easy zerg is to play ( I mean he gloats about not having to practice at all, DRG said same thing about zerg), he just dominates. It's not like stephano is one of those players that is amazing multitask, drops everywhere. He defends perfectly then makes his end game composition and slaughters both races.

This is from ByunPrime's interview after his GSL ro8 win:

Your TvZ hasn’t been great since your return.

Honestly though, I’m very confident in the match up. For some reason, I get really nervous in official matches and lose. Even today, I was worried that nerves would get to me but looking at TiG’s winner predictions, I saw that one of the reporters predicted my victory. That article gave me the confidence I needed.

Did you expect a 3:0 victory?

My win rate in practice was excellent. I played 5 games each against practice partners and I usually went 4:1 or 5:0. So I knew that as long as I took the first set, I would go 3:0.

Is Terran okay against Zerg now?

I think we’re over it. In late game, battlecruisers supported by ravens can beat Zerg. The solution has been found.



To say that PvZ favors zerg is simply contrary to evidence. Why do you think so few zerg players are able to do what stephano does? Because it takes 400 apm and your decision-making will make and break you. You may not like to hear it, but it is true all the same: It's the players not the races.
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
July 16 2012 02:16 GMT
#5490
On July 16 2012 11:07 InMotion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 11:05 Alryk wrote:
On July 16 2012 11:01 InMotion wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:57 revel8 wrote:
Stephano has beaten 16 different Koreans in the past 9 weeks or so since he decided to extend his career by an extra year. That includes Alicia and MC both twice. Plus Nerchio, Ret, Socke, Huk, BeastyQT. He has been defeated by Vodka 6 though!


He just got lucky by choosing zerg as his race. This isn't even a balance whine but honestly Z is very strong right now and its just easier to play than protoss or terran. He just wouldn't be winning with Terran especially.

T and P seem to be a race that is very weak late game vs Z and are forced to do all ins or timing pushes to stop the zerg.




This sounds like balance whine.

Ret got stomped by MC in long, late macro games. It's not the race, it's the player.


When did I say Ret = Stephano? Don't bother posting to me if your logic is terrible.


You're saying Stephano is lucky because he chose an easy race (zerg) to play.

I'm saying the race does not make him successful. Ret got stomped by MC, even though he played zerg.

I guess if you're saying "stephano would be worse as a terran" I could say "MVP would be worse as a zerg" what's your point then? I completely disagree about T and P being weak late game and forced to allin to beat zerg. You see protoss players doing early expands and things like that with no pressure and it working all the time against other zerg players.

By saying "stephano would be worse as Terran" you sound like you're saying zerg is easier to play. Hence balance whine. I never said that you said Ret = Stephano, I'm pointing out that the race itself isn't inherently easier to play than any of the others. What were you telling people in mid 2011 when Terran was the only race dominating the GSL? "Other players just aren't as good"? O.o

I mean, I guess yeah, Stephano would do worse as terran.

I say MVP would do worse as Zerg. MC would do worse as terran. MKP would do worse as protoss. DRG would do worse as random. What's the point? Zerg isn't inherently easier to play automatically making stephano better at the game because he plays it.
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
Toorgr
Profile Joined July 2012
54 Posts
July 16 2012 02:16 GMT
#5491
Redbull vs MC was an extremely close 2-3.
Sroobz
Profile Joined December 2011
United States1377 Posts
July 16 2012 02:17 GMT
#5492
On July 16 2012 11:15 ShAdZ_ZX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 10:51 taoito wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:12 MasterKang wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:08 leo23 wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:05 aRyuujin wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:04 Knight79 wrote:
Woot, Europe>Korea




no lol
Europe's number 1 player > code b protoss


Here let me shut your mouth

Europe's number 1 player > current code S semifinalist (MC)


MC demolished him at redbull. one series means nothing


Kinda late but right back at you.
One series at Redbull means nothing.
Problem?


Your logic is flawed. He's saying one series is irrelevant, you're saying one series is irrelevant. Why would he have a 'problem' if you're arguing the same point as he is?

Why do people like you even bother?


ROFL! What!? His logic was sound. And funny as fuck.
Flash---Taeja---Mvp---Byun---DRG
lightsentry
Profile Joined May 2011
413 Posts
July 16 2012 02:17 GMT
#5493
On July 16 2012 11:14 Lstrike wrote:
Stephano's run in GSL would depend on a lot of things...His vP is pretty impressive as he can counter a variety of builds. Even without the recent zerg buff, his vP was good.. But his vT is questionable at best and vZ is terrible at Code S level... With the recent metagame shifting to powerful zerg lategame, we will see a lot of zergs in Code A/S. (Even now in Code A ,matches we see a lot of zergs advancing). So his GSL run would depend on any powerful zergs being in his group.

MC vs Stephano can go either way. it went 4-2 this time. MC won 5-3 in fightclub. We havent seen Stephano battle Korean protoss IN KOREA. So only time will tell....

He was in korea for blizzard cup where he wwnt 1-1 against korean toss (loss to mc and win over hero) but that was a while ago so dunno if you can read anything into tht.
mordk
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Chile8385 Posts
July 16 2012 02:18 GMT
#5494
On July 16 2012 11:12 chipmonklord17 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 11:08 mordk wrote:
On July 16 2012 11:07 Zeon0 wrote:
Nestea vs Losira was the most one sided

No way. Inca was just destroyed. Losira tried to fight somehow.

Inca... he wasn't even there


not sure if amazing dt joke or hillarious word play

Holy fuck I made a genius joke without even noticing hahaha
FireSA
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia555 Posts
July 16 2012 02:19 GMT
#5495
mmm so hey Stephano? Please go score tonight. For the French!! Lauren Elise seems keen enough, gogo!!

Good win though. Easy finals. Always looks odd watching Alicia on the big stage, not considered him a performer for a while now, and I did feel bad for him at the end, stuck in the booth, that should have gone differently. Maybe they were rushed for time, but a bit more of an official ceremony, followed by messy sparkling white (they don't have the money for champagne), music (please, not minaj next time xD) and a happy stephano, that would have been fine. Also good on MC for destroying Ret. I mean I am happy for Ret to do well, and am pro-TL when it comes to most matches, but I am still first and foremost an MC fan. SO I am glad he came third, at least.
00Visor
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
4337 Posts
July 16 2012 02:19 GMT
#5496
On July 16 2012 11:14 Lstrike wrote:
Stephano's run in GSL would depend on a lot of things...His vP is pretty impressive as he can counter a variety of builds. Even without the recent zerg buff, his vP was good.. But his vT is questionable at best and vZ is terrible at Code S level... With the recent metagame shifting to powerful zerg lategame, we will see a lot of zergs in Code A/S. (Even now in Code A ,matches we see a lot of zergs advancing). So his GSL run would depend on any powerful zergs being in his group.

MC vs Stephano can go either way. it went 4-2 this time. MC won 5-3 in fightclub. We havent seen Stephano battle Korean protoss IN KOREA. So only time will tell....


His vT is questionable?
Since May 35-11
http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/details.php?section=sc2-international&type=players&id=1996&part=games&vs=T&league=any&map=any&from_year=2012&from_month=5&from_day=1&to_year=2012&to_month=7&to_day=10&action=Update

Won: Keen, Puma, Ganzi x2, Polt, Heart, Ryung
Lost: Bomber, Marineking
Lstrike
Profile Joined April 2012
United States27 Posts
July 16 2012 02:19 GMT
#5497
On July 16 2012 10:56 epicdemic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 10:39 mordk wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:34 illsick wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:30 SCST wrote:
I don't think GSL really suites Stephano's style . . . he doesn't catch me as the kind of guy who studies his opponents, or wants to wait around for days and weeks to play each match. He just wants to roll through to the end and cash in. Can't say I blame him, and I'm definitely a big fan because of it.


He plays his style and doesn't worry too much on other people's style. He's been analyzed and studied a lot but yet he still is a dominant player. I think he can do well, just that there's so many people at his skill level in GSL. He's definitely one of the best players in the world.

He's a dominant player who only just got his first big tournament. I think he's an awesome player, but don't think he'll magically get to korea and win the GSL. The competition there is far and above anything Stephano has won so far.


Lol man, what's with the fucking haters. Stephano has been finishing top 4 in so many major recent tournaments he participated in. MLG, Red Bull, IPL, NASL, he's been owning it up everywhere. His skill level is higher than both Naniwa and SaSe, who both made it into code S recently.

If Stephano would participate in Code S it would of course not be a guaranteed win, but he would have a better shot than the average Code S player most certainly.

He has already been to Korea once and the only reason he didn't do Code S was because he didn't want to. He only has to accept GOM's seed.

And I'm not saying this because I like Stephano. MKP has said in an interview that Stephano is Code S level, and I believe some other Code S players as well. Furthermore a lot of Broodwar Players (Jaedong et. al) are impressed with him.

Sure Stephano is not perfect, but he's one of the best players in the world and if you want to post comments like that you're in the wrong place at the wrong time bro. GTFO.

Sase? sure.. Naniwa? I dont think so... You are seriously underestimating Naniwa's skill level.. Stephano is surely Code S level, no doubt about that.. He may even go to Ro8-Ro4 depending on his luck.. But comparing him to Naniwa is just not right.
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
July 16 2012 02:20 GMT
#5498
On July 16 2012 11:15 ShAdZ_ZX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 16 2012 10:51 taoito wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:12 MasterKang wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:08 leo23 wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:05 aRyuujin wrote:
On July 16 2012 10:04 Knight79 wrote:
Woot, Europe>Korea




no lol
Europe's number 1 player > code b protoss


Here let me shut your mouth

Europe's number 1 player > current code S semifinalist (MC)


MC demolished him at redbull. one series means nothing


Kinda late but right back at you.
One series at Redbull means nothing.
Problem?


Your logic is flawed. He's saying one series is irrelevant, you're saying one series is irrelevant. Why would he have a 'problem' if you're arguing the same point as he is?

Why do people like you even bother?


I'm not sure what's being said. The first quote that started this was a fun post saying Europe > korea. Then, somebody was like "no stephano (best) can only beat code B" then somebody said that Stephano > MC. But the next person said "MC demolished stephano once before, so he's clearly better."

The guy you quoted is just saying that MC demolished by Stephano here just means that you can't claim that Stephano isn't as good as MC. He might not be way better, but Stephano is definitely at least as good as MC. (In this kind of environment)

While what you said is technically correct, I think you missed the point of his post :p
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
m0ck
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
4194 Posts
July 16 2012 02:20 GMT
#5499
On July 16 2012 11:14 Lstrike wrote:
Stephano's run in GSL would depend on a lot of things...His vP is pretty impressive as he can counter a variety of builds. Even without the recent zerg buff, his vP was good.. But his vT is questionable at best and vZ is terrible at Code S level... With the recent metagame shifting to powerful zerg lategame, we will see a lot of zergs in Code A/S. (Even now in Code A ,matches we see a lot of zergs advancing). So his GSL run would depend on any powerful zergs being in his group.

MC vs Stephano can go either way. it went 4-2 this time. MC won 5-3 in fightclub. We havent seen Stephano battle Korean protoss IN KOREA. So only time will tell....

Actually, zergs have 9 losses and 5 wins in their match-ups versus other races so far in code A. Round of 32 is 9 P, 15 T and 8 Z.
Kull of Atlantis
Profile Joined June 2012
Turkey98 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-16 02:28:50
July 16 2012 02:21 GMT
#5500
it is so laughable that the guy is drinking and enjoying his championship not giving a shit, but you are all arguing fighting insulting each other for pages over a scenario.
King Kull must die!
Prev 1 273 274 275 276 277 283 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 372
ProTech141
BRAT_OK 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32492
Bisu 3014
Shuttle 1787
Hyuk 1192
EffOrt 770
Mini 527
Larva 410
ZerO 302
Soma 285
firebathero 252
[ Show more ]
Zeus 119
hero 110
Sexy 77
Last 61
Hyun 48
Mong 46
PianO 39
Pusan 35
Killer 34
Trap 33
Aegong 31
ToSsGirL 30
Bale 28
Hm[arnc] 25
sorry 19
zelot 15
Rock 12
Sacsri 9
Noble 9
Terrorterran 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
JulyZerg 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8456
qojqva1716
Dendi816
Counter-Strike
fl0m2775
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1355
crisheroes1136
Liquid`Hasu595
Lowko452
Other Games
singsing2146
B2W.Neo1322
Beastyqt573
Hui .211
Livibee209
Liquid`VortiX151
ArmadaUGS110
KnowMe98
Mew2King90
elazer72
Mlord38
CosmosSc2 20
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream69
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 53
• poizon28 17
• Adnapsc2 10
• mYiSmile110
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8653
• WagamamaTV257
League of Legends
• Jankos1861
Other Games
• Shiphtur93
Upcoming Events
FEL
54m
AI Arena Tournament
1h 54m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 54m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 54m
INu's Battles
20h 54m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.