• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:16
CEST 15:16
KST 22:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8140 users

[GSL] 2012 Season 1 Code S Grand Finals - Page 272

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 270 271 272 273 274 287 Next
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
March 03 2012 11:06 GMT
#5421
On March 03 2012 20:05 mint_julep wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2012 19:57 EvilTeletubby wrote:
On March 03 2012 19:54 DirtyCash wrote:
On March 03 2012 19:47 EvilTeletubby wrote:
On March 03 2012 19:46 DirtyCash wrote:
the archon trying to sell us everything as "the best ever" is getting old fast


That's exactly what they should be doing.


I'm not sure where to start. Do you watch traditionnal sports?


Oh boy. Continue, please. If you have a point to make, make it - but lose that condescending tone asap.

But if you prefer, I'll clarify - Do I really think they need to make every single little thing sound "the best ever"? No, but I definitely expect them to hype it up, regardless of the reality. I wouldn't expect anything less, and I doubt GOM wouldn't either.

Edit - Or hell - they really could have even believed that it was one of the best finals ever as they were caught up in the moment.


"Do I really think they need to make every single little thing sound "the best ever"? No"

...

"That's exactly what they should be doing."

Sorry, but you got to make up your minid if you want to have a stance.


Hence the "I'll clarify" part since he took it too literally. Besides, why are you trying to be smart when you just complained about people reading too much into what you wrote just a second ago?
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
R!!
Profile Joined November 2011
Brazil938 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-03 11:09:52
March 03 2012 11:07 GMT
#5422
On March 03 2012 20:05 snotboogie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2012 20:04 -TesteR- wrote:
On March 03 2012 19:57 EvilTeletubby wrote:
On March 03 2012 19:54 DirtyCash wrote:
On March 03 2012 19:47 EvilTeletubby wrote:
On March 03 2012 19:46 DirtyCash wrote:
the archon trying to sell us everything as "the best ever" is getting old fast


That's exactly what they should be doing.


I'm not sure where to start. Do you watch traditionnal sports?


Oh boy. Continue, please. If you have a point to make, make it - but lose that condescending tone asap.

But if you prefer, I'll clarify - Do I really think they need to make every single little thing sound "the best ever"? No, but I definitely expect them to hype it up, regardless of the reality. I wouldn't expect anything less, and I doubt GOM wouldn't either.

Edit - Or hell - they really could have even believed that it was one of the best finals ever as they were caught up in the moment.


I certainly genuinely think this is one of the best finals ever.


Me too.

But it actually is one of the best, because we had a lot of extremely bad ones, the thing is, this finals doesn't hold anything when compared to JJ vs Leenock or MMA vs DRG, in that light, it's barely passable.
I like the part where sense is considered a common, settled thing.
An2quamaraN
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland379 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-03 11:07:45
March 03 2012 11:07 GMT
#5423
On March 03 2012 19:58 Beardedclam wrote:
Genius had the hardest run to the GSL finals ever.
He 2-0 DRG, 2-0 SC, took out Nestea and MKP then 3-0'd MC and Alive. It's funny how people are saying he sucks now. ^.^

Also Genius and DRG are now 4-4 vs each other.


It's that he lost to DRG in the finals is what people will remember. He could have been 100-4 vs DRG and nobody would've care as long as he lost the GSL to him...
OneObsession
Profile Joined December 2011
Germany42 Posts
March 03 2012 11:07 GMT
#5424
On March 03 2012 19:50 theteam wrote:
from Hazaro(neogaf)
[image loading]

nice one ^.^
Eufouria
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom4425 Posts
March 03 2012 11:07 GMT
#5425
On March 03 2012 20:04 vthree wrote:
Well, you could say DRG is the best player currently but you could also say that for all GSL champs after they just won their GSL. I think we have to remember this is the first GSL that DRG has done well in although he has had great GSTL and foreign results.

I don't think we currently have one dominate player at the moment like during MC, then Nestea, then MVP eras. Several players are all very close to each other like DRG, MMA, MKP, Nestea, Parting, MVP and many others. So the major tornaments coming up will be very interesting with GSL S2, mlg Columbus, iem world championships, iron squid, ipl4. If someone manages to win or get to finals to 2-3 of these, then maybe we will have one dominate player again.

I think he's been the best for a while, people were just reluctant to admit it because Nestea's drop off (I know he's still code S but I mean from 2nd best player in the world to probably top 16) was so fast and DRG hadn't won a GSL yet.
geekoid32
Profile Joined December 2011
United States51 Posts
March 03 2012 11:08 GMT
#5426
Awesome finals and great production
If you're going through hell, keep going.
zul
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany5427 Posts
March 03 2012 11:08 GMT
#5427
GSL is truly the best SC2 tournament in the world. Not only skillwise, but also when it comes to production value and entertainment. I am strongly considering buying a ticket for the next season.
keep it deep! @zulison
JiYan
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3668 Posts
March 03 2012 11:08 GMT
#5428
well deserved
tommym
Profile Joined August 2011
42 Posts
March 03 2012 11:08 GMT
#5429
Congrats DRG! Showing the way for Zerg!
tdt
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3179 Posts
March 03 2012 11:08 GMT
#5430
I don't know why people are saying good finals. Did you listen to pros come in here and talk about how shitty they played? They wernt good. The last two were far far better.
MC for president
Geo.Rion
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
7377 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-03 11:11:08
March 03 2012 11:09 GMT
#5431
A bit disappointing Game 1 was supposed to be very educational, stream was dead, the rest of the games were really sloppy with tons of mistakes (ok g3 wasnt, but that s an allin which worked, not much entertainment value) and Tastosis over hyping it like crazy, "best finals ever" "perfect reaction, perfect strategy" bullshit, Genius fell apart during G4, and couldnt get back his momentum, DRG rolled over him

Im happy for DRG though, I really really like his style
edit: wrong game numbers
"Protoss is a joke" Liquid`Jinro Okt.1. 2011
fant0m
Profile Joined May 2010
964 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-03 11:15:34
March 03 2012 11:09 GMT
#5432
On March 03 2012 20:04 vthree wrote:
Well, you could say DRG is the best player currently but you could also say that for all GSL champs after they just won their GSL. I think we have to remember this is the first GSL that DRG has done well in although he has had great GSTL and foreign results.

I don't think we currently have one dominate player at the moment like during MC, then Nestea, then MVP eras. Several players are all very close to each other like DRG, MMA, MKP, Nestea, Parting, MVP and many others. So the major tornaments coming up will be very interesting with GSL S2, mlg Columbus, iem world championships, iron squid, ipl4. If someone manages to win or get to finals to 2-3 of these, then maybe we will have one dominate player again.


Definitely can't say that at the moment.

The thing about 2011 in SC2 is that it wasn't just "MC, Nestea, MVP", it was more like Nestea->MC->MVP->MC->Nestea->MVP. They were so good, and it wasn't just 1 era each where they rose up for a few months. Even if they fell off a bit, they came back and started dominating again (well, Nestea and MVP at least).

DRG has been really good for a while... except when it counts in the individual GSL leagues. It remains to be seen if he can stay at the top.

His ZvP is pretty damn good, as we've seen in the Winter Arena and these finals. Not 100%, but good enough to be considered one of the best in the world, especially since it's based around solid macro play (not Roach/Ling all ins like Losira used to do).

His ZvT *used* to be his calling card, the best in the world that could only be beaten by the likes of Bomber or maybe MVP/MMA. I haven't seen it be quite so ridiculous lately, but I think he can get it back to that level if he figures out a few more timings & can handle drops everywhere.

ZvZ is easily his least impressive matchup. I believe that he's beaten some good zergs recently, but I haven't ever seen him show a really good grasp of ZvZ, like Nestea does. It feels like he gets countered a lot more than he should, and also makes some poor all in choices at times. Luckily there's only 1 Nestea out there, and a lot of the time you don't have to play much ZvZ to win GSLs and MLGs.
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
March 03 2012 11:09 GMT
#5433
Can I just say:

Poll: Did you love the Octagon?

Hell yeah! (20)
 
80%

Much prefer standard setup (3)
 
12%

So-so (2)
 
8%

25 total votes

Your vote: Did you love the Octagon?

(Vote): Hell yeah!
(Vote): So-so
(Vote): Much prefer standard setup


Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
Megabuster123
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada1837 Posts
March 03 2012 11:10 GMT
#5434
On March 03 2012 20:02 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2012 20:00 Megabuster123 wrote:
On March 03 2012 19:57 Xax wrote:
On March 03 2012 19:53 -Archangel- wrote:
On March 03 2012 19:50 Xax wrote:
On March 03 2012 19:49 Logo2010 wrote:
Look at it this way, Genius totally outplays DRG in first 3 games, yeah I know he lost game 2, it was a joke build tbh.
Loses game 4, gets BMed by DRG in the booth. Makes mistakes in game 5, gets BMed again. Genius makes more mistakes than ever. The rest is history.

Mind games victory goes to DRG, and you can hear in Genius' speech what he thinks about that. Maybe building carriers is a bit BM but doesn't warrant mid game booth BMing. Considering how tight rules are ingame about chatting only reserved to pp and gg. In between game unspoken rules were broken by DRG imo. Going into another player's booth during a finals no less should not be considered acceptable. The gap at the top is so small and anything can affect you at the highest level. It really takes the shine of DRG's victory and first GSL. Now I look at him in a different light.



Felt really bad about that. Lost a lot of respect for DRG.

You could see how Genius was shaken by that

Lol. You seriously are going to use this as excuse Genius lost?
And not that DRG played better?


Not really an excuse for the loss, but rather disappointed that DRG somehow took this over the top, disrespected his friend quite a bit in my opinion. A thumbs down in his own booth is something else than going into someone elses and dragging his arms up.

...



Really?


I agree with Xax actually. Friends or not, if I'm one of the sponsors I wouldn't want to see the final competitors trivializing the moment by these sort of antics. If I'm GOM, I wouldn't want them doing it either. Not a HUGE deal either way, but I can see why it would turn some people off.


It's such common knowledge in the community that they're friends and there's been so much banter that I would expect nothing less than booth shenanigans.

It's not like DRG was hurling slurs and kicking him.

It was just harmless fun, two friends just fucking around. If that detracts from the finals for some people, I legitimately find that shocking...>_>
mint_julep
Profile Joined October 2009
United States254 Posts
March 03 2012 11:10 GMT
#5435
On March 03 2012 20:06 EvilTeletubby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2012 20:05 mint_julep wrote:
On March 03 2012 19:57 EvilTeletubby wrote:
On March 03 2012 19:54 DirtyCash wrote:
On March 03 2012 19:47 EvilTeletubby wrote:
On March 03 2012 19:46 DirtyCash wrote:
the archon trying to sell us everything as "the best ever" is getting old fast


That's exactly what they should be doing.


I'm not sure where to start. Do you watch traditionnal sports?


Oh boy. Continue, please. If you have a point to make, make it - but lose that condescending tone asap.

But if you prefer, I'll clarify - Do I really think they need to make every single little thing sound "the best ever"? No, but I definitely expect them to hype it up, regardless of the reality. I wouldn't expect anything less, and I doubt GOM wouldn't either.

Edit - Or hell - they really could have even believed that it was one of the best finals ever as they were caught up in the moment.


"Do I really think they need to make every single little thing sound "the best ever"? No"

...

"That's exactly what they should be doing."

Sorry, but you got to make up your minid if you want to have a stance.


Hence the "I'll clarify" part since he took it too literally. Besides, why are you trying to be smart when you just complained about people reading too much into what you wrote just a second ago?


I didn't complain about "reading too much into" I complained about strawman arguments changing my words and arguments around, i.e. exactly what you just did.

If you're "clarifying", fine, but how do you expect people to read the word "exactly"? When I read that word, I generally take it to mean that it is "exactly" what you mean.
I hope Plexa's sig is right.
Tevinhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom470 Posts
March 03 2012 11:10 GMT
#5436
Insert meme here, someone :D

[image loading]
zul
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany5427 Posts
March 03 2012 11:10 GMT
#5437
On March 03 2012 20:08 tdt wrote:
I don't know why people are saying good finals. Did you listen to pros come in here and talk about how shitty they played? They wernt good. The last two were far far better.

why do you want people who liked the finals to suddenly dislike them. I fucking hate this behavior. Leave everyone alone, please.
keep it deep! @zulison
R!!
Profile Joined November 2011
Brazil938 Posts
March 03 2012 11:11 GMT
#5438
On March 03 2012 20:09 fant0m wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2012 20:04 vthree wrote:
Well, you could say DRG is the best player currently but you could also say that for all GSL champs after they just won their GSL. I think we have to remember this is the first GSL that DRG has done well in although he has had great GSTL and foreign results.

I don't think we currently have one dominate player at the moment like during MC, then Nestea, then MVP eras. Several players are all very close to each other like DRG, MMA, MKP, Nestea, Parting, MVP and many others. So the major tornaments coming up will be very interesting with GSL S2, mlg Columbus, iem world championships, iron squid, ipl4. If someone manages to win or get to finals to 2-3 of these, then maybe we will have one dominate player again.


Definitely can't say that at the moment.

The thing about 2011 in SC2 is that it wasn't just "MC, Nestea, MVP", it was more like Nestea->MC->MVP->MC->Nestea->MVP. They were so good, and it wasn't just 1 era each where they rose up for a few months. Even if they fell off a bit, they came back and started dominating again (well, Nestea and MVP at least).

MVP was definetely the one that was considered the best player for the most part of the year, and dare I say, SC2's life.
I like the part where sense is considered a common, settled thing.
-TesteR-
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1165 Posts
March 03 2012 11:11 GMT
#5439
On March 03 2012 20:07 R!! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2012 20:05 snotboogie wrote:
On March 03 2012 20:04 -TesteR- wrote:
On March 03 2012 19:57 EvilTeletubby wrote:
On March 03 2012 19:54 DirtyCash wrote:
On March 03 2012 19:47 EvilTeletubby wrote:
On March 03 2012 19:46 DirtyCash wrote:
the archon trying to sell us everything as "the best ever" is getting old fast


That's exactly what they should be doing.


I'm not sure where to start. Do you watch traditionnal sports?


Oh boy. Continue, please. If you have a point to make, make it - but lose that condescending tone asap.

But if you prefer, I'll clarify - Do I really think they need to make every single little thing sound "the best ever"? No, but I definitely expect them to hype it up, regardless of the reality. I wouldn't expect anything less, and I doubt GOM wouldn't either.

Edit - Or hell - they really could have even believed that it was one of the best finals ever as they were caught up in the moment.


I certainly genuinely think this is one of the best finals ever.


Me too.

But it actually is one of the best, because we had a lot of extremely bad ones, the thing is, this finals doesn't hold anything when compared to JJ vs Leenock or MMA vs DRG, in that light, it's barely passable.


JJ v Leenock and MMA v DRG finals were no where near as good compared to the Genius v DRG finals actually. Subjectivity is an awesome thing.
Megabuster123
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada1837 Posts
March 03 2012 11:12 GMT
#5440
I enjoyed the finals for more than the games.

There was a lot on the line for both of them, they were friends, it was a revenge match for ro16, PvZ is a ridiculous mu right now so it was fun to see some mind games. I found the whole atmosphere to be very engaging really.
Prev 1 270 271 272 273 274 287 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1482
WardiTV656
OGKoka 245
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko455
OGKoka 245
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8776
Bisu 3998
FanTaSy 2934
Jaedong 1742
Shuttle 1345
EffOrt 1241
Horang2 804
BeSt 639
actioN 398
Larva 318
[ Show more ]
Mini 287
Stork 192
Mind 111
Zeus 104
Snow 97
910 82
Sea.KH 74
Barracks 51
Mong 44
ToSsGirL 40
Sexy 38
hero 35
soO 31
Killer 28
Yoon 27
Bale 25
JYJ 23
sorry 23
Shinee 21
Free 18
Aegong 17
HiyA 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Shine 13
zelot 12
Sacsri 9
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4512
qojqva1613
Dendi953
XaKoH 481
febbydoto28
Counter-Strike
fl0m493
Other Games
singsing2705
olofmeister932
hiko883
B2W.Neo644
Livibee642
crisheroes354
XBOCT253
Pyrionflax205
Hui .131
Liquid`VortiX89
dupreeh70
QueenE34
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2200
• Nemesis1777
Other Games
• WagamamaTV183
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h 44m
Replay Cast
9h 44m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 44m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
21h 44m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.