• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:28
CEST 09:28
KST 16:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8042 users

[GSL] 2012 Season 1 Code S Grand Finals - Page 17

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 287 Next
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-29 13:42:25
February 29 2012 12:24 GMT
#321


[image loading]


Can I get some feedback for this banner, please.
We still need fix that one on the front page.
T_T

I honestly couldn't care less whose banner it is if it represents both players fairly.
My suggestion would be to temporarily take off Vekalisk's banner until he fixes it as he promised, then you can put it back on.
Vekalisk has mad skills, and I respect that.

I just hate the current state of his banner right now due to Genius bias, is all.

Edit: Other Backgrounds

Original White
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]]


Ocean
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Star Lit
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
moo...for DRG
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
February 29 2012 12:26 GMT
#322
On February 29 2012 21:24 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +


[image loading]


Can I get some feedback for this banner, please.
We still need fix that one on the front page.
T_T

I honestly could care less whose banner it is if it represents both players fairly.
My suggestion would be to temporarily take off Vekalisk's banner until he fixes it as he promised, then you can put it back on.
Vekalisk has mad skills, and I respect that.

I just hate the current state of his banner right now due to Genius bias, is all.




I think this one is really good, but the plain white background is rather unappealing, fix that and I would say It's the best one yet.
msjakofsky
Profile Joined June 2011
1169 Posts
February 29 2012 13:07 GMT
#323
On February 29 2012 21:24 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +


[image loading]


Can I get some feedback for this banner, please.
We still need fix that one on the front page.
T_T

I honestly could care less whose banner it is if it represents both players fairly.
My suggestion would be to temporarily take off Vekalisk's banner until he fixes it as he promised, then you can put it back on.
Vekalisk has mad skills, and I respect that.

I just hate the current state of his banner right now due to Genius bias, is all.




well for one you have like 4-5 different fonts on one picture which makes it seem like it's trying too hard and makes the typography dissonant. also 5 different colors in the text, not the way to go

then the plain white blackground is too simple. it would be nice if the forum background would be white but it's grey...

and i don't really get the fingerprint like shapes, their only function is to make it look funky but don't succeed
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
February 29 2012 13:12 GMT
#324
On February 29 2012 21:24 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +


[image loading]


Can I get some feedback for this banner, please.
We still need fix that one on the front page.
T_T

I honestly could care less whose banner it is if it represents both players fairly.
My suggestion would be to temporarily take off Vekalisk's banner until he fixes it as he promised, then you can put it back on.
Vekalisk has mad skills, and I respect that.

I just hate the current state of his banner right now due to Genius bias, is all.




It's couldn't. You couldn't care less, implying you don't care. If you could care less, that implies that you care quite a bit about it.



Sorry, that frustrates me. Americans, eh?
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
February 29 2012 13:25 GMT
#325
On February 29 2012 22:12 SeaSwift wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 29 2012 21:24 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +


[image loading]


Can I get some feedback for this banner, please.
We still need fix that one on the front page.
T_T

I honestly could care less whose banner it is if it represents both players fairly.
My suggestion would be to temporarily take off Vekalisk's banner until he fixes it as he promised, then you can put it back on.
Vekalisk has mad skills, and I respect that.

I just hate the current state of his banner right now due to Genius bias, is all.




It's couldn't. You couldn't care less, implying you don't care. If you could care less, that implies that you care quite a bit about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw


Sorry, that frustrates me. Americans, eh?


MERICA!!!
thanks seaswift.
<3

And thanks for the feed backs.
I think we can all agree that plain white isn't going to cut it.

So below are some samples I've made....am I going in the right direction?
I can't do a grey background as requested as it would ruin my color scheme.
And the 4 orbs around the center is suppose to be like Gom's paws...because it's gomtv....
I just made swirlies because it gives it more character. Personal aesthetics
o_O

Classic Black
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Ocean
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Star Lit
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
moo...for DRG
Veclada
Profile Joined September 2010
742 Posts
February 29 2012 13:27 GMT
#326
DRG has this
asdfg
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
February 29 2012 13:29 GMT
#327
Definitely black or Star lit. I prefer the classic black, I think it's kick ass.

The ocean seems a bit too soft for a GSL finals.
ydeer1993
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom569 Posts
February 29 2012 13:44 GMT
#328
@neoghaleon55 lol you just want the banner to be yours? no offence it doesn't look good nor "professional" lol, you just throw loads of different fonts and colours at it and its really cluttered which I really dislike, seems like your trying to hard to make it look good, are you new to using Photoshop / paint? , the one on the frontpage at the moment looks good because it blends together nicely (doesn't just look like he has thrown loads of image onto it like yours), and ain't every colour under the rainbow, not being mean about it but just try a different style to how your making them at the moment.

on topic, the polls are sick 50/50 haha , really cant wait for this final hopefully its a BM Filled final with lots of ceremony's be perfect from these two, but dunno if they would do it in front of a big crowd
**MMA** - MVP - Seed !
Heimatloser
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany1494 Posts
February 29 2012 13:45 GMT
#329
On February 29 2012 22:25 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 29 2012 22:12 SeaSwift wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 29 2012 21:24 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +


[image loading]


Can I get some feedback for this banner, please.
We still need fix that one on the front page.
T_T

I honestly could care less whose banner it is if it represents both players fairly.
My suggestion would be to temporarily take off Vekalisk's banner until he fixes it as he promised, then you can put it back on.
Vekalisk has mad skills, and I respect that.

I just hate the current state of his banner right now due to Genius bias, is all.




It's couldn't. You couldn't care less, implying you don't care. If you could care less, that implies that you care quite a bit about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw


Sorry, that frustrates me. Americans, eh?


MERICA!!!
thanks seaswift.
<3

And thanks for the feed backs.
I think we can all agree that plain white isn't going to cut it.

So below are some samples I've made....am I going in the right direction?
I can't do a grey background as requested as it would ruin my color scheme.
And the 4 orbs around the center is suppose to be like Gom's paws...because it's gomtv....
I just made swirlies because it gives it more character. Personal aesthetics
o_O

Classic Black
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Ocean
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Star Lit
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

i dislike your banners.
this is 2012 and not 1998 where water-effects on pictures where still cool and picture-backgrounds for pictures with picture-borders is just tooooooo much.
also read a bit about typography, you are mixing way to many way to ugly fonts and the overlay different labels is aweful to watch. [1]
also, why do u always only use what feels like html-colors in your images[2]? there are so many more colors to use, and many of theme are in fact beautiful.
here are some tipps, im not into photo-editing but i like drawing a lot and sometimes i paint my drawings or add some text.
-> something that would help much would be adding strokes to your fonts. (or outlines, i dont know what program u use and how its called there)
-> instead of picture borders try blurring it out.
-> my favourite picture-editting tool is "smudge". try some smudging around if you dislike blur.

that it.
i might sound insulting and in fact i am, but im good at heart and only want to help;-)

[1] http://www.instantshift.com/2008/10/05/21-most-used-fonts-by-professional-designers/
[2] http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colors.asp
All what KT currently needs is a Zerg and a second Terran
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
February 29 2012 13:46 GMT
#330
you know, we could just go back to the original banners haha
[image loading]
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
February 29 2012 13:47 GMT
#331
On February 29 2012 22:45 Heimatloser wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 29 2012 22:25 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 29 2012 22:12 SeaSwift wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 29 2012 21:24 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +


[image loading]


Can I get some feedback for this banner, please.
We still need fix that one on the front page.
T_T

I honestly could care less whose banner it is if it represents both players fairly.
My suggestion would be to temporarily take off Vekalisk's banner until he fixes it as he promised, then you can put it back on.
Vekalisk has mad skills, and I respect that.

I just hate the current state of his banner right now due to Genius bias, is all.




It's couldn't. You couldn't care less, implying you don't care. If you could care less, that implies that you care quite a bit about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw


Sorry, that frustrates me. Americans, eh?


MERICA!!!
thanks seaswift.
<3

And thanks for the feed backs.
I think we can all agree that plain white isn't going to cut it.

So below are some samples I've made....am I going in the right direction?
I can't do a grey background as requested as it would ruin my color scheme.
And the 4 orbs around the center is suppose to be like Gom's paws...because it's gomtv....
I just made swirlies because it gives it more character. Personal aesthetics
o_O

Classic Black
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Ocean
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Star Lit
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

i dislike your banners.
this is 2012 and not 1998 where water-effects on pictures where still cool and picture-backgrounds for pictures with picture-borders is just tooooooo much.
also read a bit about typography, you are mixing way to many way to ugly fonts and the overlay different labels is aweful to watch. [1]
also, why do u always only use what feels like html-colors in your images[2]? there are so many more colors to use, and many of theme are in fact beautiful.
here are some tipps, im not into photo-editing but i like drawing a lot and sometimes i paint my drawings or add some text.
-> something that would help much would be adding strokes to your fonts. (or outlines, i dont know what program u use and how its called there)
-> instead of picture borders try blurring it out.
-> my favourite picture-editting tool is "smudge". try some smudging around if you dislike blur.

that it.
i might sound insulting and in fact i am, but im good at heart and only want to help;-)

[1] http://www.instantshift.com/2008/10/05/21-most-used-fonts-by-professional-designers/
[2] http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colors.asp



Yea, I pretty much stopped reading once you thought personal attacks were cool.
Go chill out.
moo...for DRG
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
February 29 2012 13:49 GMT
#332
On February 29 2012 22:47 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 29 2012 22:45 Heimatloser wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 29 2012 22:25 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 29 2012 22:12 SeaSwift wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 29 2012 21:24 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +


[image loading]


Can I get some feedback for this banner, please.
We still need fix that one on the front page.
T_T

I honestly could care less whose banner it is if it represents both players fairly.
My suggestion would be to temporarily take off Vekalisk's banner until he fixes it as he promised, then you can put it back on.
Vekalisk has mad skills, and I respect that.

I just hate the current state of his banner right now due to Genius bias, is all.




It's couldn't. You couldn't care less, implying you don't care. If you could care less, that implies that you care quite a bit about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw


Sorry, that frustrates me. Americans, eh?


MERICA!!!
thanks seaswift.
<3

And thanks for the feed backs.
I think we can all agree that plain white isn't going to cut it.

So below are some samples I've made....am I going in the right direction?
I can't do a grey background as requested as it would ruin my color scheme.
And the 4 orbs around the center is suppose to be like Gom's paws...because it's gomtv....
I just made swirlies because it gives it more character. Personal aesthetics
o_O

Classic Black
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Ocean
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Star Lit
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

i dislike your banners.
this is 2012 and not 1998 where water-effects on pictures where still cool and picture-backgrounds for pictures with picture-borders is just tooooooo much.
also read a bit about typography, you are mixing way to many way to ugly fonts and the overlay different labels is aweful to watch. [1]
also, why do u always only use what feels like html-colors in your images[2]? there are so many more colors to use, and many of theme are in fact beautiful.
here are some tipps, im not into photo-editing but i like drawing a lot and sometimes i paint my drawings or add some text.
-> something that would help much would be adding strokes to your fonts. (or outlines, i dont know what program u use and how its called there)
-> instead of picture borders try blurring it out.
-> my favourite picture-editting tool is "smudge". try some smudging around if you dislike blur.

that it.
i might sound insulting and in fact i am, but im good at heart and only want to help;-)

[1] http://www.instantshift.com/2008/10/05/21-most-used-fonts-by-professional-designers/
[2] http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colors.asp



Yea, I pretty much stopped reading once you thought personal attacks were cool.
Go chill out.


His criticisms and points are fair, and not personal attacks (from how I see it)
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Heimatloser
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany1494 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-29 14:02:37
February 29 2012 13:51 GMT
#333
On February 29 2012 22:47 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 29 2012 22:45 Heimatloser wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 29 2012 22:25 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 29 2012 22:12 SeaSwift wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 29 2012 21:24 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +


[image loading]


Can I get some feedback for this banner, please.
We still need fix that one on the front page.
T_T

I honestly could care less whose banner it is if it represents both players fairly.
My suggestion would be to temporarily take off Vekalisk's banner until he fixes it as he promised, then you can put it back on.
Vekalisk has mad skills, and I respect that.

I just hate the current state of his banner right now due to Genius bias, is all.




It's couldn't. You couldn't care less, implying you don't care. If you could care less, that implies that you care quite a bit about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw


Sorry, that frustrates me. Americans, eh?


MERICA!!!
thanks seaswift.
<3

And thanks for the feed backs.
I think we can all agree that plain white isn't going to cut it.

So below are some samples I've made....am I going in the right direction?
I can't do a grey background as requested as it would ruin my color scheme.
And the 4 orbs around the center is suppose to be like Gom's paws...because it's gomtv....
I just made swirlies because it gives it more character. Personal aesthetics
o_O

Classic Black
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Ocean
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Star Lit
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

i dislike your banners.
this is 2012 and not 1998 where water-effects on pictures where still cool and picture-backgrounds for pictures with picture-borders is just tooooooo much.
also read a bit about typography, you are mixing way to many way to ugly fonts and the overlay different labels is aweful to watch. [1]
also, why do u always only use what feels like html-colors in your images[2]? there are so many more colors to use, and many of theme are in fact beautiful.
here are some tipps, im not into photo-editing but i like drawing a lot and sometimes i paint my drawings or add some text.
-> something that would help much would be adding strokes to your fonts. (or outlines, i dont know what program u use and how its called there)
-> instead of picture borders try blurring it out.
-> my favourite picture-editting tool is "smudge". try some smudging around if you dislike blur.

that it.
i might sound insulting and in fact i am, but im good at heart and only want to help;-)

[1] http://www.instantshift.com/2008/10/05/21-most-used-fonts-by-professional-designers/
[2] http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colors.asp



Yea, I pretty much stopped reading once you thought personal attacks were cool.
Go chill out.

lol. your fault. so you stopped in first line?
its probably the most constructive critic you got.yeah maybe not;-)

here are the things i like very much if youre interested:
-> the cropped image
-> the tagline

and here is something else i want to criticize:
-> you said the other banner is genius-biased, yet you only have carriers and no sign of a fight in the background. one could argue that your banner is just as biased.
All what KT currently needs is a Zerg and a second Terran
ydeer1993
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom569 Posts
February 29 2012 13:55 GMT
#334
On February 29 2012 22:51 Heimatloser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 29 2012 22:47 neoghaleon55 wrote:
On February 29 2012 22:45 Heimatloser wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 29 2012 22:25 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 29 2012 22:12 SeaSwift wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 29 2012 21:24 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +


[image loading]


Can I get some feedback for this banner, please.
We still need fix that one on the front page.
T_T

I honestly could care less whose banner it is if it represents both players fairly.
My suggestion would be to temporarily take off Vekalisk's banner until he fixes it as he promised, then you can put it back on.
Vekalisk has mad skills, and I respect that.

I just hate the current state of his banner right now due to Genius bias, is all.




It's couldn't. You couldn't care less, implying you don't care. If you could care less, that implies that you care quite a bit about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw


Sorry, that frustrates me. Americans, eh?


MERICA!!!
thanks seaswift.
<3

And thanks for the feed backs.
I think we can all agree that plain white isn't going to cut it.

So below are some samples I've made....am I going in the right direction?
I can't do a grey background as requested as it would ruin my color scheme.
And the 4 orbs around the center is suppose to be like Gom's paws...because it's gomtv....
I just made swirlies because it gives it more character. Personal aesthetics
o_O

Classic Black
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Ocean
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Star Lit
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

i dislike your banners.
this is 2012 and not 1998 where water-effects on pictures where still cool and picture-backgrounds for pictures with picture-borders is just tooooooo much.
also read a bit about typography, you are mixing way to many way to ugly fonts and the overlay different labels is aweful to watch. [1]
also, why do u always only use what feels like html-colors in your images[2]? there are so many more colors to use, and many of theme are in fact beautiful.
here are some tipps, im not into photo-editing but i like drawing a lot and sometimes i paint my drawings or add some text.
-> something that would help much would be adding strokes to your fonts. (or outlines, i dont know what program u use and how its called there)
-> instead of picture borders try blurring it out.
-> my favourite picture-editting tool is "smudge". try some smudging around if you dislike blur.

that it.
i might sound insulting and in fact i am, but im good at heart and only want to help;-)

[1] http://www.instantshift.com/2008/10/05/21-most-used-fonts-by-professional-designers/
[2] http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colors.asp



Yea, I pretty much stopped reading once you thought personal attacks were cool.
Go chill out.

lol. your fault. so you stopped in first line?
its probably the most constructive critic you got.

This guy said it! , if you want to improve your banners don't just block out a guy who is giving really good advice
**MMA** - MVP - Seed !
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
February 29 2012 14:00 GMT
#335
I think they both look cool, but I know fuck all about graphic design... :S
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
February 29 2012 14:00 GMT
#336
On February 29 2012 22:51 Heimatloser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 29 2012 22:47 neoghaleon55 wrote:
On February 29 2012 22:45 Heimatloser wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 29 2012 22:25 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 29 2012 22:12 SeaSwift wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 29 2012 21:24 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +


[image loading]


Can I get some feedback for this banner, please.
We still need fix that one on the front page.
T_T

I honestly could care less whose banner it is if it represents both players fairly.
My suggestion would be to temporarily take off Vekalisk's banner until he fixes it as he promised, then you can put it back on.
Vekalisk has mad skills, and I respect that.

I just hate the current state of his banner right now due to Genius bias, is all.




It's couldn't. You couldn't care less, implying you don't care. If you could care less, that implies that you care quite a bit about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw


Sorry, that frustrates me. Americans, eh?


MERICA!!!
thanks seaswift.
<3

And thanks for the feed backs.
I think we can all agree that plain white isn't going to cut it.

So below are some samples I've made....am I going in the right direction?
I can't do a grey background as requested as it would ruin my color scheme.
And the 4 orbs around the center is suppose to be like Gom's paws...because it's gomtv....
I just made swirlies because it gives it more character. Personal aesthetics
o_O

Classic Black
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Ocean
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Star Lit
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

i dislike your banners.
this is 2012 and not 1998 where water-effects on pictures where still cool and picture-backgrounds for pictures with picture-borders is just tooooooo much.
also read a bit about typography, you are mixing way to many way to ugly fonts and the overlay different labels is aweful to watch. [1]
also, why do u always only use what feels like html-colors in your images[2]? there are so many more colors to use, and many of theme are in fact beautiful.
here are some tipps, im not into photo-editing but i like drawing a lot and sometimes i paint my drawings or add some text.
-> something that would help much would be adding strokes to your fonts. (or outlines, i dont know what program u use and how its called there)
-> instead of picture borders try blurring it out.
-> my favourite picture-editting tool is "smudge". try some smudging around if you dislike blur.

that it.
i might sound insulting and in fact i am, but im good at heart and only want to help;-)

[1] http://www.instantshift.com/2008/10/05/21-most-used-fonts-by-professional-designers/
[2] http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colors.asp



Yea, I pretty much stopped reading once you thought personal attacks were cool.
Go chill out.

lol. your fault. so you stopped in first line?
its probably the most constructive critic you got.


The first line was ok.
Well I already know I can't please everyone.
Art is extremely subjective anyway...so whatever.
Anyway, I get what you were saying, and I'll try to improve later on.

Just don't be a jerk.
moo...for DRG
[F_]aths
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany3947 Posts
February 29 2012 14:37 GMT
#337
On February 28 2012 18:43 FirmTofu wrote:
DRG^2
[image loading]

So Genius summons DRG ... two of him?
You don't choose to play zerg. The zerg choose you.
[F_]aths
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany3947 Posts
February 29 2012 14:41 GMT
#338
Until the initial finals with Fruitdealer and the later one with July I never was so hyped like I am for this one.

Genius is good ... but DongRaeGu will school him.
You don't choose to play zerg. The zerg choose you.
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
February 29 2012 14:48 GMT
#339
On February 29 2012 23:41 [F_]aths wrote:
Until the initial finals with Fruitdealer and the later one with July I never was so hyped like I am for this one.

Genius is good ... but DongRaeGu will school him.


I take it that isn't including BlizzCup? Because I was hyped beyond belief for that one, especially at the end of Game 6..
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-29 15:21:01
February 29 2012 14:49 GMT
#340
The star banner looks cool, but the different fonts makes it look like not right, could not point out exactly why tho.
Good job anyway. When I did the LR threads I never had any banner, now we have the rich's problems, too much banners to choose from =)
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 287 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech167
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 376
Leta 208
Dewaltoss 109
sSak 51
ZergMaN 33
Bale 33
NotJumperer 33
Aegong 31
Noble 13
yabsab 11
League of Legends
JimRising 566
Reynor37
Other Games
summit1g9252
olofmeister428
Sick212
Nina69
Happy8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick776
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush985
• Jankos500
• Stunt485
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 33m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3h 33m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 33m
Replay Cast
15h 33m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 3h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.