• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:28
CEST 02:28
KST 09:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8377 users

Heat Charity Live Thread - Page 16

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 All
Soe
Profile Joined March 2010
Switzerland18 Posts
February 05 2012 14:39 GMT
#301
I am everything but dissapointed.

Working in the industry since 5 years and I can honestly say I have been doing a ton of bad events. That said I need to point out that this one really wasnt one of them. Sure, some things didn't work. Sure, it was annoying and I felt sorry for the guys at home who couldnt watch the stream they were looking for. But the people at the venue did everything they possibly could have done to try and fix it. U guys prepared for this event long in advance (also tested it beforehand etc.) and what counts the most, u put your heart into it, trying to make it the best u can because it was important to u and every single person here should do nothing other than appreciate your effort.
Things just cannot always go right, thats how the universe apparently works.

All I can say is that I am grateful I got asked todo the hosting there, I enjoyed working with u guys at the first Heat tournament u asked me to, and the same applies for this one aswell despite the issues. You have done all you could to make it as nice as possible for everyone at home aswell as at the venue itself. There are things you can neither controle nor forsee and I am very sure the next event is going to be great!

I wanna thank everyone who has been patient and understanding, aswell as everyone who helped out or tried to help out, be it with a comment here on tl or otherwise.

And if there was only fucking (s'cuse me) 5 dollars of stream revenue and just a single donation, I'd say it was absolutely worth the effort because every single person..every single cent..and every event such as this one, makes a difference and helps the world aswell as our community.

Loads of blahblah, to get to the point: Thank you for the event and I personally hope for many more heat events to come!

ps: sorry for the typos, I am still tried lol
Support bacteria - they are the only culture some people have
Cone_Of_Shame
Profile Joined December 2011
Germany10 Posts
February 05 2012 15:22 GMT
#302
I'll admit, I was a bit annoyed with the delay at the beginning, thinking "why couldn't they test the f**ing sound beforehand ??". I just had to realize that I completely forgot about Murphy's law on the one hand and that it's all about charity on the other hand. Also, with the stream being for free, you don't have the right to be annoyed when a gift from somebody is not perfect

I think you all did a great show for the audience who paid their entrance fees and Special Endrey saved everyone's day who was watching the stream with his polar bear impersonation. Thank you for all your hard work, for everyone's patience and for this awesome tournament
Vega62a
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
946 Posts
February 05 2012 15:55 GMT
#303
I hate to jump on the bandwagon here, but does anybody know when/if there will be vods of this?
Content of my posts reflects only my personal opinions, and not those of any employer or subsidiary
Special Endrey
Profile Joined June 2010
Germany1929 Posts
February 05 2012 18:50 GMT
#304
the vods of my backdoor casts are currently beeing uploaded. dont know about those from the mainstage just yet
This signature is ruining eSports - -Twitter: @SpecialEndrey
Urbz
Profile Joined August 2011
Netherlands456 Posts
February 05 2012 20:18 GMT
#305
On February 06 2012 03:50 Special Endrey wrote:
the vods of my backdoor casts are currently beeing uploaded. dont know about those from the mainstage just yet


I wonder if it will have the random cameo's too, if anyone runs into these let us know where to find them...other viewers will might what i'm talking about. xD
Though i understand if you cut this out if they're your collegues or w/e Endrey.. =D

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything
TwiStEr
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany115 Posts
February 05 2012 21:04 GMT
#306
Hey TBO,

I was there yesterday on site and in the end I really enjoyed it. I admit I get a little cranky when I have to wait somewhere for 2h and it doesnt start. Working in IT I know how it is and I know all the shit that can happen and will happen if you least expect it or need it too, but in the end on theses days im only a normal guy getting a little frustrated that again at a live event i have to sit in a chair for 2h. I applaud you for doing the interviews with TLO and TB to give us at least a little entertainment that helped and was nice. After everything started I had greart time yesterday. Even my gf who isnt really inte SC2 got really into it and enjoyed the evening. So maybe that gets your spirit up a little, you entertained a non Starcraft fan that evening. I admit the great TLO games helped

In the end all I wanna say is, I feel kinda sorry for being "mad" at you for all the waiting (it wasnt really personal directed at u, more a frustration about waiting ) yesterday and that it still was a great little tournement especially since TLO won something and I was F**** there We had a great time ....

PS.: I live in Berlin and seeing this was now the 2nd event I was at in berlin and recognized a lot of people from the first, is there a way to help? Id really like getting involved and lending u guys a hand with this sorta stuff.
Proseat
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Germany5113 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-06 00:04:46
February 05 2012 23:53 GMT
#307
On February 05 2012 20:27 TBO wrote:
I feel like a criminal.

I want to apologize for the huge messup. I'm entirely responsible myself for all the technical issues. We got a fine sound signal out of the audio mixer for the on-site sound system and when connecting speakers or headphones instead of the 2 different sound cards we had on the production computer we also had a very clear signal there.

I still don't quite understand what happened, especially as when we tested it before we got a good signal into the computer. My biggest offence probably is that I tried to make the production work like it was planned to instead of realizing that it would be better to give up some parts but have the basics working. In the end the fixes we tried to do messed up the video production too anyways.

I could go into lengthy details what caused us to lose so much time that despite being at the venue since Thursday we couldn't get stuff done properly when it mattered, but in the end it comes down to mistakes on my side.

I'm so sorry for the players, Totalbiscuit, the audience and most of all the charities.. You deserved better.

I disappointed you.

Aurel Wünsch


Nah, you did well, Aurel.

There is only so much you can do, and given the circumstances you did all you could. I can attest to that because I was sitting right next to you, Schlumpfine, and Gowerly (awesome tech stuff btw, Mr Heat Map Guy! ) for quite some time. I'm glad I could help out some with updating the thread and assisting Schlumpfine.

Let me know if you need help for the next installment of HEAT or a similar event in Berlin.

Shoutouts to all the tech guys, Aurel, Marco, Schlumpfine, Gowerly, the CK-99 staff, the players for the great games they played, Soe for hosting and the great player interviews, TotalBiscuit for the relentless professional casting, Dennis a.k.a. TaKe for the guest casting, and Special Endrey for the impromptu casting from a freezing office! Well done!

Next time I will stay until the end again.
The Rise and Fall of SlayerS -- a timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=378097
flyersa
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany141 Posts
February 06 2012 12:10 GMT
#308
it was a great event. Next time we fu** murphy
CEO of reGame.tv and co-founder of Berlin eSports e.V.
Prev 1 14 15 16 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft515
Nina 170
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13750
Hyuk 51
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm197
League of Legends
Doublelift4849
Other Games
summit1g8998
FrodaN3280
JimRising 625
KnowMe196
ViBE114
ArmadaUGS98
Mew2King80
Trikslyr33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1286
BasetradeTV215
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream88
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• davetesta8
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 32m
INu's Battles
11h 32m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
14h 32m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 32m
Replay Cast
22h 32m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 10h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.