• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:08
CEST 05:08
KST 12:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9502 users

[NASL] Players (final) - Page 25

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
4302 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 216 Next
Players such as Jinro, HuK, and Adelscott did not apply for this tour, so don't ask why they aren't on this list. DIMAGA, Kas, and LaLush turned applications in late so they will not appear either. Please take some time to learn who exactly applied.

Please inform yourself about who applied and who didn't.
KoshkaTV
Profile Joined October 2010
United States430 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-23 19:27:23
March 23 2011 19:25 GMT
#481
On March 24 2011 04:14 chenchen wrote:
I mean it's great to have a foreigner tournament and all, but I don't think I'm gonna watch anyones beside the Koreans, a couple top Europeans, and KawaiiRice.


Same.... if I want to watch vods any of the players listed in NASL now I can. The hardest one to find games on is Moon.

The Koreans are key, because there is the most DEMAND for them, and the smallest SUPPLY of them to watch. There is very little supply of July, MC, Nestea, MKP games to watch (ie Top Koreans)

I keep saying it... but sc2casts.com ... go there... you can watch most of the top pro's most of the time.

But... guys like Nestea.... man.. i only get to see him play like 2-3 times per month... and only a few games....

same for all the GSL champ types.

The supply of top koreans is low... and IMO the demand is high.

Maybe you'll say I'm not the audience NASL is looking for.... but...

If supply is low and demand is high.. that means the PRICE is high!

And it makes sense.... i pay to watch the GSL (despite being the cheapest bastard you'll ever meet) and the only other SC purchase I've made is the game itself.

(joke incoming)
First you get the top Koreans,
then you get the money,
then you get the power!



www.KoshkaTV.com
rO_Or
Profile Joined October 2010
United States306 Posts
March 23 2011 19:26 GMT
#482
On March 24 2011 04:19 Ragoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 04:12 rO_Or wrote:
You don't see EU and KR tournaments flooded with NA players...


Well, it's not worth it for nearly any American to come over to Europe and play a tournament with the level of competition that's going on here. It's very likely a NA player will pay more for the flight then he will win in the tournament.


Lol you must be joking or just very dense.
On August 19 2011 00:04 Larryx wrote: The thing is that EU events are so much Difficultier than NA ones.
AntiGrav1ty
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2310 Posts
March 23 2011 19:29 GMT
#483
On March 24 2011 04:14 chenchen wrote:
I mean it's great to have a foreigner tournament and all, but I don't think I'm gonna watch anyones beside the Koreans, a couple top Europeans, and KawaiiRice.


I feel exactly the opposite. GSL has lost a lot of appeal to me because nearly every Korean seems interchangable. Of course there are some standout names but most of them are just a name to me.

Euros and Americans with a few selected Koreans is exactly what i want to see.
www.twitch.tv/antigrav1ty
Achaia
Profile Joined July 2010
United States643 Posts
March 23 2011 19:31 GMT
#484
On March 24 2011 04:25 dsousa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 04:14 chenchen wrote:
I mean it's great to have a foreigner tournament and all, but I don't think I'm gonna watch anyones beside the Koreans, a couple top Europeans, and KawaiiRice.


Same.... if I want to watch any of the players listed in NASL now I can. The hardest one to find game on is Moon.

The Koreans are key, because there is the most DEMAND for them, and the smallest SUPPLY of them to watch. There is very little supply of July, MC, Nestea, MKP games to watch (ie Top Koreans)

I keep saying it... but sc2casts.com ... go there... you can watch most of the top pro's most of the time.

But... guys like Nestea.... man.. i only get to see him play like 2-3 times per month... and only a few games....

same for all the GSL champ types.

The supply of top koreans is low... and IMO the demand is high.

Maybe you'll say I'm not the audience NASL is looking for.... but...

If supply is low and demand is high.. that means the PRICE is high!

And it makes sense.... i pay to watch the GSL (despite being the cheapest bastard you'll ever meet) and the only other SC purchase I've made is the game itself.

(joke incoming)
First you get the top Koreans,
then you get the money,
then you get the power!


While the NASL is being accepting of foreign players from Korea and Europe it is a domestic league. I'm sure that Korean players are more accessible in their home country. It's just something you deal with because of your demographic.

I love watching the GSL and everything but I'm excited to see more from some of the players I haven't seen do much recently in the tournament realm (at least since MLG last year) like LiquidTyler, IdrA and hopefully ppgBubbles. There's a ton of really top notch players that can compete with the best of the Koreans but not everyone can pick up shop and move across the globe to play in the GSL and prove it like HuK.

Hopefully we'll see more foreigners in the GSL in the future but let's see more foreigners here on our home turf.
http://www.youtube.com/SCBattleGrounds
j3i
Profile Joined February 2011
United States357 Posts
March 23 2011 19:33 GMT
#485
On March 24 2011 04:25 dsousa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 04:14 chenchen wrote:
I mean it's great to have a foreigner tournament and all, but I don't think I'm gonna watch anyones beside the Koreans, a couple top Europeans, and KawaiiRice.


Same.... if I want to watch vods any of the players listed in NASL now I can. The hardest one to find games on is Moon.

The Koreans are key, because there is the most DEMAND for them, and the smallest SUPPLY of them to watch. There is very little supply of July, MC, Nestea, MKP games to watch (ie Top Koreans)

I keep saying it... but sc2casts.com ... go there... you can watch most of the top pro's most of the time.

But... guys like Nestea.... man.. i only get to see him play like 2-3 times per month... and only a few games....

same for all the GSL champ types.

The supply of top koreans is low... and IMO the demand is high.

Maybe you'll say I'm not the audience NASL is looking for.... but...

If supply is low and demand is high.. that means the PRICE is high!

And it makes sense.... i pay to watch the GSL (despite being the cheapest bastard you'll ever meet) and the only other SC purchase I've made is the game itself.

(joke incoming)
First you get the top Koreans,
then you get the money,
then you get the power!





No, the NASL needs all the audience it can get. I will wait till the roster is final before I decide whether to bother watching, but with the current list, I'm not interested at all.
I am an idiot who knows only about gaming, so there is nothing private to talk about to begin with. - Bisu
Insanious
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1251 Posts
March 23 2011 19:34 GMT
#486
On March 24 2011 04:29 AntiGrav1ty wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 04:14 chenchen wrote:
I mean it's great to have a foreigner tournament and all, but I don't think I'm gonna watch anyones beside the Koreans, a couple top Europeans, and KawaiiRice.


I feel exactly the opposite. GSL has lost a lot of appeal to me because nearly every Korean seems interchangable. Of course there are some standout names but most of them are just a name to me.

Euros and Americans with a few selected Koreans is exactly what i want to see.

I agree here...

I like watching the ROOT players use crazy strategies, and every once in a while showing off the mechinics they have.

I like watching players that I get to watch all the time tear it up (like idra, or Tyler).

I also like watching the amazing koreans that actually seem to be better then everyone else (MC or MVP).

Anyone else, I really don't care about, and most of the time wouldn't watch their games unless it was the only thing on.

For me, most SC2 players are interchangable. There are some that are a bit better, and some a bit worse... but the players that make me want to watch them stand out (like a Catz or KiWiKaKi) or they are just one of my favorite players (like idra). Even if there are other players that are just as good like Ret or MouzMana, or Squirtle, or Bomber... they really don't apeal to me because they aren't one of my favorites.

I don't get to watch them a lot, and when I do see them they don't make me go "OMG WOW, THAT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!1111oneoneone"

I'm looking forward to watching this tournament because I know almost everyone in it, simply do to their streaming and other tournament play. I would like to see some more amazing players in, and some koreans... but even watching like the FXO invitationals, players like oGsJ and oGsTheSTC really don't interest me even if they keep winning because well... they are just another generic SC2 player to me, just my oppinion.
If you want to help me out... http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b82744b816d3
HEROwithNOlegacy
Profile Joined June 2010
United States850 Posts
March 23 2011 19:36 GMT
#487
Wow this sucks for IdrA, he has Socke (really strong German protoss) in both NASL and MLG groups. I bet he is a little disappointed with that, gl to him though! IdrA fighting!
SlayerS Fighting!
vdale
Profile Joined June 2010
Germany1173 Posts
March 23 2011 19:37 GMT
#488
On March 24 2011 04:29 AntiGrav1ty wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 04:14 chenchen wrote:
I mean it's great to have a foreigner tournament and all, but I don't think I'm gonna watch anyones beside the Koreans, a couple top Europeans, and KawaiiRice.


I feel exactly the opposite. GSL has lost a lot of appeal to me because nearly every Korean seems interchangable. Of course there are some standout names but most of them are just a name to me.

Euros and Americans with a few selected Koreans is exactly what i want to see.

I feel the same way. I'm not really interested in Korean vs Korean matches, so I would be happy if there are only ~5 Koreans, 1 for each group.

I also already said that I hate the latency/lag discussion after matches of Koreans, it really takes away so much fun out of the league/tournament.
nvs.
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada3609 Posts
March 23 2011 19:38 GMT
#489
On March 24 2011 04:33 j3i wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 04:25 dsousa wrote:
On March 24 2011 04:14 chenchen wrote:
I mean it's great to have a foreigner tournament and all, but I don't think I'm gonna watch anyones beside the Koreans, a couple top Europeans, and KawaiiRice.


Same.... if I want to watch vods any of the players listed in NASL now I can. The hardest one to find games on is Moon.

The Koreans are key, because there is the most DEMAND for them, and the smallest SUPPLY of them to watch. There is very little supply of July, MC, Nestea, MKP games to watch (ie Top Koreans)

I keep saying it... but sc2casts.com ... go there... you can watch most of the top pro's most of the time.

But... guys like Nestea.... man.. i only get to see him play like 2-3 times per month... and only a few games....

same for all the GSL champ types.

The supply of top koreans is low... and IMO the demand is high.

Maybe you'll say I'm not the audience NASL is looking for.... but...

If supply is low and demand is high.. that means the PRICE is high!

And it makes sense.... i pay to watch the GSL (despite being the cheapest bastard you'll ever meet) and the only other SC purchase I've made is the game itself.

(joke incoming)
First you get the top Koreans,
then you get the money,
then you get the power!





No, the NASL needs all the audience it can get. I will wait till the roster is final before I decide whether to bother watching, but with the current list, I'm not interested at all.


So far I agree. I will keep checking every day to see if my opinion changes though.
Looky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1608 Posts
March 23 2011 19:40 GMT
#490
have to have these players that applied:

MC- they would be crazy to leave out the 2 time champ of gsl.

july- finalist, and a very entertaining zerg.

boxer- its boxer

cella- hes very funny, plus he lead the slayers team to the gstl finals!

nada- nada best bw player ever, most titles cmon cmon

moon- one of the best war3 player


these are probably my top picks for the korean applicants.

top, zenio, bomber, squirtle, ace, inca, lyn would be nice to see also.
DoomsVille
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada4885 Posts
March 23 2011 19:41 GMT
#491
Wow huge divide here.

Group A: Tired of seeing interchangeable koreans and think the GSL is enough for that.

Group B: Want to see the most skilled players anyone (Koreans).

I gotta say I'm with group A. GSL and GSTL are enough for me. Time for something new at a reasonable time of day.
Ghost-z
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1291 Posts
March 23 2011 19:41 GMT
#492
NASL would be an epic troll if they didn't show anymore Korean invited until the last few players are reveled.
Fairy Tales when you're a child begin with "Once upon a time" and when you're an adult begin, "If elected I promise..."
nvs.
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada3609 Posts
March 23 2011 19:44 GMT
#493

Group B: Want to see the most skilled players anyone (Koreans).


It's not that I want to see Koreans, I want to see Koreans vs. Foreigners. Those are the most exciting games. :D
KoshkaTV
Profile Joined October 2010
United States430 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-23 19:46:01
March 23 2011 19:44 GMT
#494
It's not that I want to see Koreans, I want to see Koreans vs. Foreigners. Those are the most exciting games. :D

you just take over for me... this must be what its like to fight a propaganda machine :D

Its like having to drag kids to the candy store, because they want to stay home and study!
www.KoshkaTV.com
Noev
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1105 Posts
March 23 2011 19:45 GMT
#495
Just got an e-mail telling me that both haypro and TLO have been accepted, and upon further investigation it looks like they have added the fourth player to each of the already announced division. Not in any particular order:

TLO
Sen
Strelok
Slush
Machine
chonkyfire
Profile Joined December 2010
United States451 Posts
March 23 2011 19:47 GMT
#496
Sen in with no application video,

that's how you know you're good.
Just when I thought that I saw I ghost, I realized that it was the endo smoke
alexhard
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden317 Posts
March 23 2011 19:48 GMT
#497
On March 24 2011 04:41 DoomsVille wrote:
Wow huge divide here.

Group A: Tired of seeing interchangeable koreans and think the GSL is enough for that.

Group B: Want to see the most skilled players anyone (Koreans).

I gotta say I'm with group A. GSL and GSTL are enough for me. Time for something new at a reasonable time of day.


I don't see how it would be "new", when it would be the exact same NA/EU players that play at MLG, IEM regionals, BDL, EPS, go4sc2, craftcup, etc. Your dream NASL already exists, in MANY incarnations.
DoomsVille
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada4885 Posts
March 23 2011 19:49 GMT
#498
On March 24 2011 04:44 nvs. wrote:
Show nested quote +

Group B: Want to see the most skilled players anyone (Koreans).


It's not that I want to see Koreans, I want to see Koreans vs. Foreigners. Those are the most exciting games. :D

Fair enough. Well atleast we'll get a bunch of that as each Korean will have to face everyone in their group.
Datum
Profile Joined February 2011
United States371 Posts
March 23 2011 19:50 GMT
#499
I'm pretty underwhelmed by the first 15. I understand these players are fantastic, but I feel like a lot of great names have been left off, who I really hope to see. I'm a huge Artosis fan, and I'll be crushed if he doesn't get in. Then again, he recieved a ton of votes, so it would seem like a good choice to include him.
KoshkaTV
Profile Joined October 2010
United States430 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-23 19:54:49
March 23 2011 19:52 GMT
#500
On March 24 2011 04:49 DoomsVille wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2011 04:44 nvs. wrote:

Group B: Want to see the most skilled players anyone (Koreans).


It's not that I want to see Koreans, I want to see Koreans vs. Foreigners. Those are the most exciting games. :D

Fair enough. Well atleast we'll get a bunch of that as each Korean will have to face everyone in their group.


Each Korean? you mean Moon. The 1 Korean (but not even top Korean)...... out of 20.

We're looking at 5 Koreans if you count Sen and Select at this point..... I'm just saying there should be 10+ and they should include GSL champs, legends, etc.

Then it will a legit championship..... otherwise.. its Black Dragon League with more prize money.
www.KoshkaTV.com
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 216 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings49
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 167
PiLiPiLi 44
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2970
ViBE146
Bale 22
Dota 2
monkeys_forever414
NeuroSwarm208
Counter-Strike
summit1g7343
taco 589
Other Games
JimRising 588
WinterStarcraft361
C9.Mang0317
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1063
BasetradeTV166
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP104
• Hupsaiya 94
• davetesta28
• practicex 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1114
• Shiphtur303
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
6h 53m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
8h 53m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 53m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 53m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.