• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:32
CEST 13:32
KST 20:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7364 users

TeamSpeak TL SC2 Open #12 / Qualifier #5 for TSL3 - Page 51

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 54 Next
Zocat
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2229 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-05 23:13:15
February 05 2011 23:10 GMT
#1001
Grz Thorzaine for the win!


Edit:
Dont need to bm the french guy so deleted
Ozu
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden66 Posts
February 05 2011 23:10 GMT
#1002
Impressive play Thorzain, congrats!
Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
February 05 2011 23:11 GMT
#1003
WARCRAFT 3 SEXY THORZAINE FIGHTING! Grats
Krallin
Profile Joined July 2010
France431 Posts
February 05 2011 23:11 GMT
#1004
On February 06 2011 08:10 Zocat wrote:
Grz Thorzaine for the win!


adel:
Your country always had problems with tanks. Get over it and dont bm.


Nice one xD
Deleted User 137586
Profile Joined January 2011
7859 Posts
February 05 2011 23:12 GMT
#1005
Congrats to Thorzain! Very impressive adaptation...

As for Adelscott, that kind of BM should have been an immediate DisQ. You're not supposed to speak at all because it risks distracting the opponent. It's kinda' ok in the beginning, but Thorzain repeatedly let him know it bothered him...

And the "little little dick" comment seemed to be meant as distracting BM. He attacked the cliff right after... I'd say TL should look into their policy in these cases. What if Adelscott had won that? Would it have been fair? Should players start trying to psych their opponents out to increase their chance at winning? Will that make esports more popular?
Cry 'havoc' and let slip the dogs of war
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
February 05 2011 23:13 GMT
#1006
On February 06 2011 08:10 mordk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2011 08:04 BatCat wrote:
God, seriously, these players are good, but... all the really good players are somehow lacking in the final stages of these qualifiers. Dunno, maybe I'm just biased and don't know these players enough, but it's somewhat disappointing.


I'm curious as to why this is happening. I'm also kinda worried we'll have many one-hit wonders on TSL3. I just don't see how Thorzain and cruncher will have any chance at all. They play nicely, but this is like their ONLY success. They don't even appear as weekend cup winners. It's a little weird.

I want to see players like BratOK, Mana, Tarson, Morrow, Strelok to name a few qualify. Anyways, I have high hopes for Kas and White-ra in TSL3, we can only have faith in that all players will deliver nice games, so GL anyways.

I understand that they're fan favorites, but it's not like they're not competing. They're just not winning. :/
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
vyyye
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden3917 Posts
February 05 2011 23:14 GMT
#1007
On February 06 2011 08:12 Ghanburighan wrote:
Will that make esports more popular?

lol, are you serious? Of course it will, people love drama more than anything, I know several people who don't know jack shit about SC2 but they'll watch IdrA in the off chance that they see him rage.
Not that it matters in the first place, if he had won that it wouldn't have been for a chat comment.
mdma-_-
Profile Joined October 2010
Nauru1213 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-05 23:18:33
February 05 2011 23:15 GMT
#1008
On February 06 2011 08:10 mordk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2011 08:04 BatCat wrote:
God, seriously, these players are good, but... all the really good players are somehow lacking in the final stages of these qualifiers. Dunno, maybe I'm just biased and don't know these players enough, but it's somewhat disappointing.


I'm curious as to why this is happening. I'm also kinda worried we'll have many one-hit wonders on TSL3. I just don't see how Thorzain and cruncher will have any chance at all. They play nicely, but this is like their ONLY success. They don't even appear as weekend cup winners. It's a little weird.

I want to see players like BratOK, Mana, Tarson, Morrow, Strelok to name a few qualify. Anyways, I have high hopes for Kas and White-ra in TSL3, we can only have faith in that all players will deliver nice games, so GL anyways.

thorzain is certainly not a one hit wonder. He was very good at warcraft 3, got 2nd place in the regular season of eps nordic (getting 3rd at the finals) and made Tl Open top 4 twice now. He is placed very high on ladder with a rly good winrate. The reason u dont see him in weekly cups is cos he hardly ever plays any.
mordk
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Chile8385 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-05 23:18:15
February 05 2011 23:15 GMT
#1009
On February 06 2011 08:13 Jibba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2011 08:10 mordk wrote:
On February 06 2011 08:04 BatCat wrote:
God, seriously, these players are good, but... all the really good players are somehow lacking in the final stages of these qualifiers. Dunno, maybe I'm just biased and don't know these players enough, but it's somewhat disappointing.


I'm curious as to why this is happening. I'm also kinda worried we'll have many one-hit wonders on TSL3. I just don't see how Thorzain and cruncher will have any chance at all. They play nicely, but this is like their ONLY success. They don't even appear as weekend cup winners. It's a little weird.

I want to see players like BratOK, Mana, Tarson, Morrow, Strelok to name a few qualify. Anyways, I have high hopes for Kas and White-ra in TSL3, we can only have faith in that all players will deliver nice games, so GL anyways.

I understand that they're fan favorites, but it's not like they're not competing. They're just not winning. :/


Yea, I know, Thorzain and Cruncher totally deserve their spots, they won a qualifier. I just think it's strange that the players we've seen be the most stable and consistent for huge lenghts of time are failing in these tournaments, we'll have to see.
Zarahtra
Profile Joined May 2010
Iceland4053 Posts
February 05 2011 23:16 GMT
#1010
A bit OT, but since I went on sc2ranks to check out where adel and thorzain are placed, I noticed that out of top 15, 14 are europe accounts... What's up with that? :/ I could see Korea being busy in in-house practices, but still...
Quakie
Profile Joined October 2008
Norway725 Posts
February 05 2011 23:16 GMT
#1011
On February 06 2011 08:13 Jibba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2011 08:10 mordk wrote:
On February 06 2011 08:04 BatCat wrote:
God, seriously, these players are good, but... all the really good players are somehow lacking in the final stages of these qualifiers. Dunno, maybe I'm just biased and don't know these players enough, but it's somewhat disappointing.


I'm curious as to why this is happening. I'm also kinda worried we'll have many one-hit wonders on TSL3. I just don't see how Thorzain and cruncher will have any chance at all. They play nicely, but this is like their ONLY success. They don't even appear as weekend cup winners. It's a little weird.

I want to see players like BratOK, Mana, Tarson, Morrow, Strelok to name a few qualify. Anyways, I have high hopes for Kas and White-ra in TSL3, we can only have faith in that all players will deliver nice games, so GL anyways.

I understand that they're fan favorites, but it's not like they're not competing. They're just not winning. :/

Yeah, it's kinda weird. Dimaga, Strelok has both been beasts in the weekly cups, but not in TSL-quals(yet). Naniwa is pretty good though, and we also got TLO that most likely will qualify. And maybe these people will make the effort and training that is required for making it good. Now that they are actually qualified.
KudosX
Profile Joined November 2010
United States69 Posts
February 05 2011 23:19 GMT
#1012
On February 06 2011 08:16 Quakie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2011 08:13 Jibba wrote:
On February 06 2011 08:10 mordk wrote:
On February 06 2011 08:04 BatCat wrote:
God, seriously, these players are good, but... all the really good players are somehow lacking in the final stages of these qualifiers. Dunno, maybe I'm just biased and don't know these players enough, but it's somewhat disappointing.


I'm curious as to why this is happening. I'm also kinda worried we'll have many one-hit wonders on TSL3. I just don't see how Thorzain and cruncher will have any chance at all. They play nicely, but this is like their ONLY success. They don't even appear as weekend cup winners. It's a little weird.

I want to see players like BratOK, Mana, Tarson, Morrow, Strelok to name a few qualify. Anyways, I have high hopes for Kas and White-ra in TSL3, we can only have faith in that all players will deliver nice games, so GL anyways.

I understand that they're fan favorites, but it's not like they're not competing. They're just not winning. :/

Yeah, it's kinda weird. Dimaga, Strelok has both been beasts in the weekly cups, but not in TSL-quals(yet). Naniwa is pretty good though, and we also got TLO that most likely will qualify. And maybe these people will make the effort and training that is required for making it good. Now that they are actually qualified.


Dimaga isn't allowed to compete in TSL3 because he cheated in TSL2
Vorlik
Profile Joined October 2010
1522 Posts
February 05 2011 23:19 GMT
#1013
On February 06 2011 08:10 mordk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2011 08:04 BatCat wrote:
God, seriously, these players are good, but... all the really good players are somehow lacking in the final stages of these qualifiers. Dunno, maybe I'm just biased and don't know these players enough, but it's somewhat disappointing.


I'm curious as to why this is happening. I'm also kinda worried we'll have many one-hit wonders on TSL3. I just don't see how Thorzain and cruncher will have any chance at all. They play nicely, but this is like their ONLY success. They don't even appear as weekend cup winners. It's a little weird.

I want to see players like BratOK, Mana, Tarson, Morrow, Strelok to name a few qualify. Anyways, I have high hopes for Kas and White-ra in TSL3, we can only have faith in that all players will deliver nice games, so GL anyways.


It's not like getting to the finals of a tl open is a cake walk. Getting their alone should not label the player as a one-hit wonder. As for not seeing them compete in other tourney's, that's up to them. Just like it's up to the big names not to participate in the opens. I'm sure theres plenty of players out there better than many big names, but prefer to keep a low profile, or for other reasons.
PartyBiscuit
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada4525 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-05 23:20:14
February 05 2011 23:19 GMT
#1014
Dimaga is banned [took too long to post ]. But I know the desire to see some star names (which Korea invites hopefully bring in), that being said, TLO has pretty much qualified along with Fenix which are pretty big names, Mana, Morrow, Sjow, Strelock all still have a chance to close it up with 3 more opens.
the farm ends here
Redmark
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2129 Posts
February 05 2011 23:19 GMT
#1015
On February 06 2011 08:16 Quakie wrote:
Yeah, it's kinda weird. Dimaga, Strelok has both been beasts in the weekly cups, but not in TSL-quals(yet). Naniwa is pretty good though, and we also got TLO that most likely will qualify. And maybe these people will make the effort and training that is required for making it good. Now that they are actually qualified.

Dimaga can't play, he's disqualified.
But yeah, a lot of top players just aren't performing like they need to + didn't play in all the qualifiers.
For the early qualifiers the field was certainly not as strong.
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
February 05 2011 23:20 GMT
#1016
On February 06 2011 08:16 Quakie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2011 08:13 Jibba wrote:
On February 06 2011 08:10 mordk wrote:
On February 06 2011 08:04 BatCat wrote:
God, seriously, these players are good, but... all the really good players are somehow lacking in the final stages of these qualifiers. Dunno, maybe I'm just biased and don't know these players enough, but it's somewhat disappointing.


I'm curious as to why this is happening. I'm also kinda worried we'll have many one-hit wonders on TSL3. I just don't see how Thorzain and cruncher will have any chance at all. They play nicely, but this is like their ONLY success. They don't even appear as weekend cup winners. It's a little weird.

I want to see players like BratOK, Mana, Tarson, Morrow, Strelok to name a few qualify. Anyways, I have high hopes for Kas and White-ra in TSL3, we can only have faith in that all players will deliver nice games, so GL anyways.

I understand that they're fan favorites, but it's not like they're not competing. They're just not winning. :/

Yeah, it's kinda weird. Dimaga, Strelok has both been beasts in the weekly cups, but not in TSL-quals(yet). Naniwa is pretty good though, and we also got TLO that most likely will qualify. And maybe these people will make the effort and training that is required for making it good. Now that they are actually qualified.
Dimaga can't play because of an issue during TSL2.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
Ifrit
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany42 Posts
February 05 2011 23:20 GMT
#1017
On February 06 2011 08:16 Zarahtra wrote:
A bit OT, but since I went on sc2ranks to check out where adel and thorzain are placed, I noticed that out of top 15, 14 are europe accounts... What's up with that? :/ I could see Korea being busy in in-house practices, but still...

Well basically it's 13 out of 15 since Kiwikaki isn't European but yeah, there must be something to it.

Maybe it's the sheer amount of Tournaments that are held with European IDs that really let's Euro Competition skyrocket, I don't know how much there is in NA but in Europe you have almost no day in the week where there isn't a cup of some sort, often times even more than one (see Zotac+Go4SC2 on Sundays or TL SC2 Open and ESL Sennheiser Cup today).

Other than that I believe there might just be a difference in mentality where maybe laddering is favored by European players and NA players tend to play more in custom games?
Check out my Song of the Day-Twitter for your daily fix of Hip Hop and other fine music! -> http://twitter.com/#!/d_jcs
DarkRise
Profile Joined November 2010
1644 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-05 23:24:18
February 05 2011 23:23 GMT
#1018
First cruncher now thorzain
What is happening!!! Not meant to diss them but they weren't that impressive and I want qualifiers who will give Koreans a run for their money. I'm just sad some of my favorites aren't doing the way they supposed or i expect them to do =/
Still 3 open ahead? so i still have hope ;d
Vorlik
Profile Joined October 2010
1522 Posts
February 05 2011 23:24 GMT
#1019
On February 06 2011 08:23 DarkRise wrote:
First cruncher now thorzain
What is happening!!! Not meant to diss them but they weren't that impressive and I want qualifiers who will give Koreans a run for their money. I'm just sad some of my favorites aren't doing great


This is how new names get noticed though. They might not be huge now, but they could become huge. They won for a reason, and your favorites lost for a reason. Koreans will have a run for their money no matter who wins an open.
Quakie
Profile Joined October 2008
Norway725 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-05 23:28:09
February 05 2011 23:25 GMT
#1020
Yeah, forgot about Dimaga. Also we got Tyler and Mondragon at least. \O/
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 628
RotterdaM210
TKL 97
SteadfastSC84
Rex68
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko354
RotterdaM 207
ByuN 106
TKL 90
SteadfastSC 84
Rex 68
Codebar 43
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19603
Shuttle 1456
Bisu 828
Jaedong 557
Soulkey 534
Horang2 419
Mong 391
BeSt 373
actioN 263
Stork 228
[ Show more ]
firebathero 227
Soma 217
Mini 184
Larva 161
Zeus 123
Rush 121
Last 116
Hyun 91
PianO 82
Pusan 73
Snow 72
sorry 70
910 69
Free 64
Mind 64
ZerO 63
Shine 56
EffOrt 56
Yoon 47
hero 40
Shinee 35
Sharp 35
Sexy 26
Bale 25
sSak 22
ToSsGirL 21
HiyA 21
ZergMaN 20
JYJ 19
scan(afreeca) 12
Hm[arnc] 10
yabsab 9
Aegong 7
Sacsri 7
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe325
canceldota40
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1517
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King184
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes299
Other Games
gofns39292
singsing2043
B2W.Neo258
DeMusliM209
Pyrionflax188
Livibee134
Trikslyr25
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV155
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV408
League of Legends
• Jankos1270
Other Games
• Shiphtur727
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 29m
The PondCast
22h 29m
INu's Battles
23h 29m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.