• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:11
CEST 13:11
KST 20:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9440 users

[GSL] Code A Ro32 Day 4 / Code S Ro32 Group E > - Page 69

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 Next
koppik
Profile Joined April 2010
United States676 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-06 21:51:57
January 06 2011 21:49 GMT
#1361
On January 07 2011 06:41 Javik47 wrote:
Very sad to hear that Ret got eliminated from the tournament. Hopefully either Jinro or IdrA will advance out of their group. Too bad they can't both go on.
They both can go on.

Though, it's sort of unlikely. The loser of Idra v. Jinro would need to win twice to advance versus either Check or Ensnare (or Check and Ensnare).
ilmman
Profile Joined September 2010
364 Posts
January 06 2011 21:54 GMT
#1362
very sad that leenock didn't advanced... and that ret guy looks like he been going out and having too much fun in korea. if thats the case.. should lock himself up and grind out every little skill gain he needs
IPA
Profile Joined August 2010
United States3206 Posts
January 06 2011 22:14 GMT
#1363
My favorite Zs dropping like flies. Fruit, Ret, Leenock...UGH.
Time held me green and dying though I sang in my chains like the sea.
usethis2
Profile Joined December 2010
2164 Posts
January 06 2011 22:23 GMT
#1364
Don't see much hope for Z this season, unless Idra or Check surprises us. At least I'm happy to see NexGenius in shape. He's my favorite P.
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
January 06 2011 22:25 GMT
#1365
On January 07 2011 05:12 CanucksJC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2011 03:52 Warrior Madness wrote:
On January 07 2011 01:10 Tirr wrote:
On January 07 2011 00:15 Warrior Madness wrote:
Real shame that both Leenock and Ret got knocked out so early on. so 3 of the 5 best zergs in the world have been knocked out already. Though I'm not including July in that group because I don't know where he is atm or when he's due to play.


From when Ret became one of the best zergs in the world?


I think the best zergs clearly in the world are zergbong, cool, idra, july followed by ret and leenock. I can't think of any other zergs that are that good. Kyrix? Zenio? I don't think they're in the same class as the other top zergs.

i'd say it's nestea and fruitdealer S class, for obvious reasons
leenock idra july kyrix zenio A class, any one of the can takes games off each other and they're all pretty solid.

ret is a great player and all, but what has he achieved so far?


Hrm, I don't think fruitdealer is as good as that. I've watched fruitdealers games against huk and he makes a ton of bad decisions, but I do think that idra kyrix and zenio are good enough to stay in s class for a while. Ret is kinda like haypro, not really a lot of big accomplishments outside of qualifying for GSL. It might be good for those guys to do more european or american tournaments. Jinro and Huk on the other hand have won MLG and have shown themselves quite capable in korea (huk on ladder)
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
Deleted User 124618
Profile Joined November 2010
1142 Posts
January 06 2011 22:56 GMT
#1366
Yesterday I had horrible lag due to problems with my ISP, and thus I didn't manage to watch the free stream at all.. That was the final straw and I finally paid the price for premium ticket Afterwards it feels nice to support eSports.

On to watching VODs!
Vorlik
Profile Joined October 2010
1522 Posts
January 06 2011 23:11 GMT
#1367
On January 07 2011 07:25 darmousseh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2011 05:12 CanucksJC wrote:
On January 07 2011 03:52 Warrior Madness wrote:
On January 07 2011 01:10 Tirr wrote:
On January 07 2011 00:15 Warrior Madness wrote:
Real shame that both Leenock and Ret got knocked out so early on. so 3 of the 5 best zergs in the world have been knocked out already. Though I'm not including July in that group because I don't know where he is atm or when he's due to play.


From when Ret became one of the best zergs in the world?


I think the best zergs clearly in the world are zergbong, cool, idra, july followed by ret and leenock. I can't think of any other zergs that are that good. Kyrix? Zenio? I don't think they're in the same class as the other top zergs.

i'd say it's nestea and fruitdealer S class, for obvious reasons
leenock idra july kyrix zenio A class, any one of the can takes games off each other and they're all pretty solid.

ret is a great player and all, but what has he achieved so far?


Hrm, I don't think fruitdealer is as good as that. I've watched fruitdealers games against huk and he makes a ton of bad decisions, but I do think that idra kyrix and zenio are good enough to stay in s class for a while. Ret is kinda like haypro, not really a lot of big accomplishments outside of qualifying for GSL. It might be good for those guys to do more european or american tournaments. Jinro and Huk on the other hand have won MLG and have shown themselves quite capable in korea (huk on ladder)


...

You say jinro and huk are accomplished and praise them vs ret/haypro, yet you say fruitdealer isn't that good compared to kyrix and zenio? Are you serious? Do you realize how many accomplishments fruitdealer has made through sc2? Since the Beta? More than anyone you just mentioned. Your 2 statements completely contradict each other.
1Eris1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5797 Posts
January 06 2011 23:17 GMT
#1368
FD not as accomplished as HuK? Is that as joke?
Known Aliases: Tyragon, Valeric ~MSL Forever, SKT is truly the Superior KT!
Gospadin
Profile Joined July 2010
United States84 Posts
January 06 2011 23:18 GMT
#1369
On January 07 2011 06:49 koppik wrote:
They both can go on.

Though, it's sort of unlikely. The loser of Idra v. Jinro would need to win twice to advance versus either Check or Ensnare (or Check and Ensnare).


2 wins moves you to the Ro16, regardless of how you get them.

Obviously, the loser of Idra v. Jinro will need to win both remaining matches, while the winner only needs 1 additional win to advance.

--gos
Bob Loblaw
Profile Joined May 2010
England211 Posts
January 06 2011 23:18 GMT
#1370
I can't find the Code S matches of tomorrow in my liquibet, anyone else having the same problem?
Check out my law blog at bobloblawlawblog.com
CustomKal
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada749 Posts
January 06 2011 23:22 GMT
#1371
On January 07 2011 08:18 Gospadin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2011 06:49 koppik wrote:
They both can go on.

Though, it's sort of unlikely. The loser of Idra v. Jinro would need to win twice to advance versus either Check or Ensnare (or Check and Ensnare).


2 wins moves you to the Ro16, regardless of how you get them.

Obviously, the loser of Idra v. Jinro will need to win both remaining matches, while the winner only needs 1 additional win to advance.

--gos


Except what happens if the winner of the two loses one of his other games, and the person who comes in last goes 0-3.

There can be a three way tie with 2-1's.

No idea what happens then though lol.
Bob Loblaw
Profile Joined May 2010
England211 Posts
January 06 2011 23:30 GMT
#1372
On January 07 2011 08:22 CustomKal wrote:
There can be a three way tie with 2-1's.


No, can't happen.
Check out my law blog at bobloblawlawblog.com
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-06 23:59:52
January 06 2011 23:45 GMT
#1373
On January 07 2011 05:12 CanucksJC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2011 03:52 Warrior Madness wrote:
On January 07 2011 01:10 Tirr wrote:
On January 07 2011 00:15 Warrior Madness wrote:
Real shame that both Leenock and Ret got knocked out so early on. so 3 of the 5 best zergs in the world have been knocked out already. Though I'm not including July in that group because I don't know where he is atm or when he's due to play.


From when Ret became one of the best zergs in the world?


I think the best zergs clearly in the world are zergbong, cool, idra, july followed by ret and leenock. I can't think of any other zergs that are that good. Kyrix? Zenio? I don't think they're in the same class as the other top zergs.

i'd say it's nestea and fruitdealer S class, for obvious reasons
leenock idra july kyrix zenio A class, any one of the can takes games off each other and they're all pretty solid.

ret is a great player and all, but what has he achieved so far?


Well I'm not grouping ret with cool or zergbong but I do believe he's one of the best zergs in the world, judging from how he plays rather than what he's accomplished so far. His macro seems to be almost as good as Idra's if not on par. His creep spread as well. But he seems to overdrone much like Idra used to do. And his game sense is lacking. He has said that he loses something like 80% of his zvp games on ladder, so he does have a long ways to go in zvp. Not many zerg players seem to have a handle on zvz atm other than zergbong. I would definitely say he's better than Kyrix, especially the longer the game progesses.


Leenock also has not achieved much yet but his game sense is great when it is present. But then he seems to make some dumb choices as well in other games. He lacks consistency but I think you can see his potential.

The player I'm looking forward to most actually is Julyzerg. I still don't know where he's at, I haven't had much time to watch games lately. But the guy lost (pretty narrowily if memory serves) to MC. July seemed to up his game to a whole new level since the last GSL so I really am looking forward to what he shows us here (If he is still floating around). With Cool, leenock, ret, thewind and I think kyrix out already....Zerg heroes are already lacking quite a bit this early on.

ETA: July plays his code A match tonight.
The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
Voltaire
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1485 Posts
January 06 2011 23:48 GMT
#1374
Tasteless is a recreational drug user; just look at his shirt!
As long as people believe in absurdities they will continue to commit atrocities.
usethis2
Profile Joined December 2010
2164 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-07 01:04:39
January 07 2011 00:29 GMT
#1375
People should stop listening to Artosis' evaluation on players. Watch the players' games and judge for yourself. I did when he dismissed Nestea as all-in'er in Season 2 prior to Ro4. Kyrix has no depth? Jesus. If anyone has premium service, go watch Kyrix v. ST_Ace in GSL season 2. You will see what "high-tech" zerg army looks like and I haven't seen such a Zerg army in GSL to date. In that game Kyrix sent his drones out to gain supply and went onto build pure tier 3 army + neural parasites. (Unfortunately Tastosis didn't cast that series, I think some Korean guys did)

Also watch his games in GSL All-stars. (Replays are available, do a search) He absolutely knows what he's doing, has an amazing sense to scout opponents, and he can do both rushes and macros. Only time he was "figured out" was his game against his teammate (JSLZenith) in season 3 which was understandable. Neither player seemed to be happy to play each other in that series anyway. Ever since, almost all his games have been his opponents trying to cheese him (including Tastosis' beloved Tester) - I assume it's because they are afraid to fight Kyrix head-on. Artosis simply has something against Zergs who can attack instead of being harrassed to death because it's something he can't do.

Glad he switched to Protoss, but I have a feeling that he won't be successful because Protoss is kind of polar opposite of Zerg. (And toss isn't easy) God I hope I get to see his toss someday just for a kick.

Anyway, I have a feeling that NexGenius may get far if what I saw today is any indication. He looks extremely solid. That spot he forcefielded v. Anypro is exactly where it blocks blinking while giving you vision to hit, and while I am sure every pro knows that but I've seen others misplace it so I was very impressed to see it in GSL. It was also very nice to see him expanding against Zerg without cannoning. It just shows his confidence. (Unlike Tester)

I was also pleasantly surprisied by Rainbow's solid play. He actually executed effective strategies (per map) very well without resorting to abusive tactics or cheese. Though I'm still happy that NexGenius kind of got a small revenge on him because Genius lost to Rainbow in season 2.
usethis2
Profile Joined December 2010
2164 Posts
January 07 2011 00:59 GMT
#1376
BTW, this season it looks like team Prime is being demolished? Who's left? Foxer only?

And I'm not sure what's going on with team TSL. They are supposed to be the cream of the crop but their games were nothing out of ordinary. Actually the whole team became kind of bland unless they cheese (including FD).
HeroHenry
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1723 Posts
January 07 2011 01:26 GMT
#1377
On January 07 2011 09:59 usethis2 wrote:
BTW, this season it looks like team Prime is being demolished? Who's left? Foxer only?

And I'm not sure what's going on with team TSL. They are supposed to be the cream of the crop but their games were nothing out of ordinary. Actually the whole team became kind of bland unless they cheese (including FD).

Still got check too.
Vorlik
Profile Joined October 2010
1522 Posts
January 07 2011 02:19 GMT
#1378
IMO, everyone should watch out for NewDawn. He's going to be a scary force. Took out rainbow like nobodies business and didn't lose a single game in the code A qualifiers. I look forward to seeing how far he can get.
Existential
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia2107 Posts
January 07 2011 02:21 GMT
#1379
Sad to see so little people watching the GSL in the studio though..
Jaedong <3 | BW - The first game I ever loved
0neder
Profile Joined July 2009
United States3733 Posts
January 07 2011 04:33 GMT
#1380
I really wish Ret would make enough units, because when he does that, it seems like he's undefeated.
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings161
CranKy Ducklings SOOP21
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 11735
Britney 7292
FanTaSy 2054
Hyuk 880
Horang2 595
BeSt 458
Stork 257
Pusan 254
EffOrt 132
Killer 130
[ Show more ]
Zeus 123
Last 121
Mind 109
sorry 69
Hyun 61
Mini 58
PianO 53
ggaemo 52
Snow 47
ToSsGirL 35
Bale 32
Hm[arnc] 27
JYJ 25
Aegong 17
zelot 13
Sacsri 10
Noble 5
ajuk12(nOOB) 4
Dota 2
XcaliburYe326
Counter-Strike
fl0m1241
byalli792
x6flipin271
Other Games
gofns30933
singsing2796
B2W.Neo404
ArmadaUGS89
Mew2King69
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick717
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream78
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 9
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
49m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 351
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 49m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 49m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 49m
Replay Cast
11h 49m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 49m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 49m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.