• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:42
CEST 08:42
KST 15:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10207 users

The LotV Zerg Help Me Thread - Page 21

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 68 Next
brickrd
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States4894 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-19 23:15:18
February 19 2016 21:51 GMT
#401
if your main problem is ling bling not working anymore after hots then you might just need a macro hatch. either that or go roach ravager ling infestor into hive

also don't commit to more than 10 mutas at first (i have had some success skipping muta and then doing a massive switch later in the game - protoss style)

also i do not recommend ling bane on orbital shipyard, it's very hard to deal with bio at the cliff by the third
TL+ Member
therealkillemall
Profile Joined December 2013
Spain30 Posts
February 24 2016 13:12 GMT
#402
Hi.

So I'm getting frustrated with terran air. Lots of terrans play full air from the very beginning (at least at my level). The thing is I cant find a way to engage a critical amount of battlecruisers. I think that Parasitic Bomb + mass corruptors is not effective enough since the new teletransport spell allows micro. I lose a huge amount of corruptors each time I engage. Should hydras or fungal be included in the mix? I'm pretty lost. Maybe mass spore the whole map and pray for the terran to step into the spore-forest...

Thanks in advance.
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
February 24 2016 13:16 GMT
#403
On February 24 2016 22:12 therealkillemall wrote:
Hi.

So I'm getting frustrated with terran air. Lots of terrans play full air from the very beginning (at least at my level). The thing is I cant find a way to engage a critical amount of battlecruisers. I think that Parasitic Bomb + mass corruptors is not effective enough since the new teletransport spell allows micro. I lose a huge amount of corruptors each time I engage. Should hydras or fungal be included in the mix? I'm pretty lost. Maybe mass spore the whole map and pray for the terran to step into the spore-forest...

Thanks in advance.


How's the Terran getting to mass BC, exactly?
Cereal
therealkillemall
Profile Joined December 2013
Spain30 Posts
February 24 2016 14:58 GMT
#404

How's the Terran getting to mass BC, exactly?


Well. They reach that composition in late game of course. They open 2 base liberator-banshee or tank-hellion-liberator. As the game progresses, they expand slowly and replace those units with battlecruisers. There are maps (such as dusk towers or prion terraces) where 4-5 bases can be defended easily by a turtle-terran. Maybe I need to be more agressive (I use to play passively until tier 3), but in 30 min games against terran mech, you eventually face that kind of composition. Once you do, how do you kill it?

Thanks again.
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16095 Posts
February 24 2016 16:17 GMT
#405
On February 24 2016 23:58 therealkillemall wrote:
Show nested quote +

How's the Terran getting to mass BC, exactly?


Well. They reach that composition in late game of course. They open 2 base liberator-banshee or tank-hellion-liberator. As the game progresses, they expand slowly and replace those units with battlecruisers. There are maps (such as dusk towers or prion terraces) where 4-5 bases can be defended easily by a turtle-terran. Maybe I need to be more agressive (I use to play passively until tier 3), but in 30 min games against terran mech, you eventually face that kind of composition. Once you do, how do you kill it?

Thanks again.

vs pure bcs you don't even need vipers. Mass corruptor owns that. If he adds ravens/vikings/liberators you blow them up with PB.
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
IcemanAsi
Profile Joined March 2011
Israel681 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-25 08:09:19
February 25 2016 06:00 GMT
#406
On February 25 2016 01:17 Charoisaur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2016 23:58 therealkillemall wrote:

How's the Terran getting to mass BC, exactly?


Well. They reach that composition in late game of course. They open 2 base liberator-banshee or tank-hellion-liberator. As the game progresses, they expand slowly and replace those units with battlecruisers. There are maps (such as dusk towers or prion terraces) where 4-5 bases can be defended easily by a turtle-terran. Maybe I need to be more agressive (I use to play passively until tier 3), but in 30 min games against terran mech, you eventually face that kind of composition. Once you do, how do you kill it?

Thanks again.

vs pure bcs you don't even need vipers. Mass corruptor owns that. If he adds ravens/vikings/liberators you blow them up with PB.


With two major caveats:

1. air upgrades, you're gonna need at least 2/2 to fight his 3/3 so keep upgrading air

2. eco matters, he will try to delay your eco with either banshee or helion, you need to prevent that and hurt his eco with runbys and corruptor spew whenever possible. Battlecruisers take a ridiclous amount of time to kill an upgraded ultralisk, it's hilarious.

A good air player would definitely add liberators or ravens as their aoe can harshly punish your courruptors if they clump up. Vipers obviously help against those and you should also be yanking battlecruisers out of the clump and sniping them whenever possible. Surprisingly, it is possible for Terran to do a late game tech switch with zerg being way over committed to corruptors so have an ultralisk cavern and greater spire ready at the super late game and don't be afraid to sacrifice some corruptors after his air army has been dealt with so you can respond.
DERASTAT
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany99 Posts
February 25 2016 11:30 GMT
#407
The most importent thing against MEch terran or air Terran is ECO!, Mass Eco is the hard counter to those styles, if oyu do it right even lesser upgrades or just queens can do the job,
Kajiu, Troll der Zerstörung
jpg06051992
Profile Joined July 2015
United States580 Posts
February 25 2016 19:40 GMT
#408
Extremely frustrated vs. the current Protoss metagame which is a greedy Nexus followed by double gas/Pheonix and Adept into Immortal and Archon Chargelot.

Unless your doing like some tailored Nydus build (even then Photon Overcharge is very strong at defense) dealing with 12+ Adepts seems absurd since they are ludicrously tanky and strong vs light, the Pheonix count is completely undeterred by 2 spores once the numbers go past 8 and the micro is half way decent (also fucks with my Lurkers with lifts) and of course the sledgehammer of Archons/Immortals/Chargelots that without Lurkers there really doesn't seem to be much hope of winning a straight up fight.

I don't know, like I said very frustrated and it feels like Protoss can defend very easily while putting on pressure with the air units and Adepts retard 2 shotting drones.

Any advice vs this besides cleaner macro and micro? I wasn't even "caught off guard" considering this is pretty much the new standard metagame from Protoss.
"SO MANY BANELINGS!"
IcemanAsi
Profile Joined March 2011
Israel681 Posts
February 25 2016 21:42 GMT
#409
On February 26 2016 04:40 jpg06051992 wrote:
Extremely frustrated vs. the current Protoss metagame which is a greedy Nexus followed by double gas/Pheonix and Adept into Immortal and Archon Chargelot.

Unless your doing like some tailored Nydus build (even then Photon Overcharge is very strong at defense) dealing with 12+ Adepts seems absurd since they are ludicrously tanky and strong vs light, the Pheonix count is completely undeterred by 2 spores once the numbers go past 8 and the micro is half way decent (also fucks with my Lurkers with lifts) and of course the sledgehammer of Archons/Immortals/Chargelots that without Lurkers there really doesn't seem to be much hope of winning a straight up fight.

I don't know, like I said very frustrated and it feels like Protoss can defend very easily while putting on pressure with the air units and Adepts retard 2 shotting drones.

Any advice vs this besides cleaner macro and micro? I wasn't even "caught off guard" considering this is pretty much the new standard metagame from Protoss.


If you want something beyond 'macro better' you should upload a replay. A Nexus first into gate into cybercore without enough pylons and units can definitely be harshly punished by just speedlings, they will stablize eventually but you should be able to do a lot of damage and close with roach ravager. It's all about knowing when to switch back to drones.

12+ adepts is a lot, that means you should have a sizable army, it's about scouting what protoss is doing and not over droning as most answer are just a straight up "make drones up to X then make a ton of units". against early adept harass you want to have one control group for your queens zoning at the front and one for lings chasing the shades. If you sense they are gonna get cheeky a spine crawler in the back mineral line is a life saver, dealing with Adept is about splitting your army wisely and managing two diffrent control groups. Not easy, but fine once you get the hang of it.
joshie0808
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1024 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-26 00:25:48
February 26 2016 00:25 GMT
#410
On February 25 2016 15:00 IcemanAsi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2016 01:17 Charoisaur wrote:
On February 24 2016 23:58 therealkillemall wrote:

How's the Terran getting to mass BC, exactly?


Well. They reach that composition in late game of course. They open 2 base liberator-banshee or tank-hellion-liberator. As the game progresses, they expand slowly and replace those units with battlecruisers. There are maps (such as dusk towers or prion terraces) where 4-5 bases can be defended easily by a turtle-terran. Maybe I need to be more agressive (I use to play passively until tier 3), but in 30 min games against terran mech, you eventually face that kind of composition. Once you do, how do you kill it?

Thanks again.

vs pure bcs you don't even need vipers. Mass corruptor owns that. If he adds ravens/vikings/liberators you blow them up with PB.

Surprisingly, it is possible for Terran to do a late game tech switch with zerg being way over committed to corruptors so have an ultralisk cavern and greater spire ready at the super late game and don't be afraid to sacrifice some corruptors after his air army has been dealt with so you can respond.


Yep, saw this in a recent BTTV tournament where the Z had too many corruptors and lost to a switch back to ground from the terran. Remember that you can now use/sacrifice your corrputors by flying around and puking on all his planetaries and new bases, often times still dont see this being utilized to full potential. It also means your corruptors have utility outside the main fight, you can 'harass' with them, force repositions and more turrets etc.
redloser
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)1751 Posts
February 26 2016 14:23 GMT
#411
How do you defend against Protoss's 1 base all-ins?

I deal with 2 base all-ins just fine, you can drone up quite a lot and just mass units in time, but against 1 base, you just do not have enough resources. Protosses open up with 2 gate adept, which forces ~10lings, and they go for 1base 5 gate adept-immortal push, and I lost to that three times in a row. I beat that guy whenever he took his natural, so I don't think my skill levels are lacking compared to his. Roaches die to immortals, lings die to adepts, so I tried banelings, but they are such expensive units that you can't really afford them when you are forced at a low economy.
atstapley
Profile Joined December 2015
23 Posts
February 26 2016 15:06 GMT
#412
On February 26 2016 23:23 redloser wrote:
How do you defend against Protoss's 1 base all-ins?

I deal with 2 base all-ins just fine, you can drone up quite a lot and just mass units in time, but against 1 base, you just do not have enough resources. Protosses open up with 2 gate adept, which forces ~10lings, and they go for 1base 5 gate adept-immortal push, and I lost to that three times in a row. I beat that guy whenever he took his natural, so I don't think my skill levels are lacking compared to his. Roaches die to immortals, lings die to adepts, so I tried banelings, but they are such expensive units that you can't really afford them when you are forced at a low economy.



Spine crawlers and queens help a lot. I would get 3-4 spines at your ramp, as many queens as you can, and dump all of your gas into ravagers. With decent infuses it shouldn't be too hard at all.
redloser
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)1751 Posts
February 26 2016 17:05 GMT
#413
On February 27 2016 00:06 atstapley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2016 23:23 redloser wrote:
How do you defend against Protoss's 1 base all-ins?

I deal with 2 base all-ins just fine, you can drone up quite a lot and just mass units in time, but against 1 base, you just do not have enough resources. Protosses open up with 2 gate adept, which forces ~10lings, and they go for 1base 5 gate adept-immortal push, and I lost to that three times in a row. I beat that guy whenever he took his natural, so I don't think my skill levels are lacking compared to his. Roaches die to immortals, lings die to adepts, so I tried banelings, but they are such expensive units that you can't really afford them when you are forced at a low economy.



Spine crawlers and queens help a lot. I would get 3-4 spines at your ramp, as many queens as you can, and dump all of your gas into ravagers. With decent infuses it shouldn't be too hard at all.


Thanks a lot. Come to think of it, the immortal shield change wouldn't help much against spines I guess.
IcemanAsi
Profile Joined March 2011
Israel681 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-28 09:30:50
February 28 2016 09:26 GMT
#414
Has anyone ever tried playing a dedicated sky zerg?
Like skytoss basically, nothing on the ground but spines, total 3/4 base turtle.
double spire upgrades, corruptor/viper/muta/broodlord?

*thinking aloud*
You could add Bane drops for mass trolling, escort the overlords in with your air army and then drop the banes and leave
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
February 28 2016 11:16 GMT
#415
On February 28 2016 18:26 IcemanAsi wrote:
Has anyone ever tried playing a dedicated sky zerg?
Like skytoss basically, nothing on the ground but spines, total 3/4 base turtle.
double spire upgrades, corruptor/viper/muta/broodlord?

*thinking aloud*
You could add Bane drops for mass trolling, escort the overlords in with your air army and then drop the banes and leave

Also theory-crafting, what would you do with all the minerals? Just mass mass spines? >_> queens maybe? Which matchup are we talking?

I assume this is a very late game build, as you don't have anything shooting down until brood lords. Don't think you can survive unitl broodlords on only spines, so you have to do some real tech before you get the BLs, and that will suffer if you start dumping resources into spire upgrades. :/ so I can only see it being useful at a very late split map scenario, with like 7 bases on each side... And at that point I think BLs are just too slow to be useful. The other guy, independently of race, can just go and kill the three bases you don't defend, and then go and kill the other 4 while you are trying to chase to defend. At best you can get some base-trade scenario, but again, I think you'll be too slow to win consistently.

But yeah, just making stuff up that sounds good, I'd be happy to hear an actually competent player comment on this.
IcemanAsi
Profile Joined March 2011
Israel681 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-28 12:00:52
February 28 2016 11:51 GMT
#416
On February 28 2016 20:16 Cascade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2016 18:26 IcemanAsi wrote:
Has anyone ever tried playing a dedicated sky zerg?
Like skytoss basically, nothing on the ground but spines, total 3/4 base turtle.
double spire upgrades, corruptor/viper/muta/broodlord?

*thinking aloud*
You could add Bane drops for mass trolling, escort the overlords in with your air army and then drop the banes and leave

Also theory-crafting, what would you do with all the minerals? Just mass mass spines? >_> queens maybe? Which matchup are we talking?

I assume this is a very late game build, as you don't have anything shooting down until brood lords. Don't think you can survive unitl broodlords on only spines, so you have to do some real tech before you get the BLs, and that will suffer if you start dumping resources into spire upgrades. :/ so I can only see it being useful at a very late split map scenario, with like 7 bases on each side... And at that point I think BLs are just too slow to be useful. The other guy, independently of race, can just go and kill the three bases you don't defend, and then go and kill the other 4 while you are trying to chase to defend. At best you can get some base-trade scenario, but again, I think you'll be too slow to win consistently.

But yeah, just making stuff up that sounds good, I'd be happy to hear an actually competent player comment on this.


Thinking about mainly ZvP.
What you are describing ( late game transition to air on split maps ) is basically broodlord/infestor endgame, which I think was proven viable a couple of times :D
I was just wondering if anyone tried to get directly there, without a ground based mid-game, I assume no one did because just as you said, Zergs mineral based defense simply isn't up to the task. Thou a mass queen + spine turtle into the air tech could be interesting. And yeah, all the minerals go toward spines and queens and a wack-a-mole expansion strategy.
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
February 28 2016 11:59 GMT
#417
On February 28 2016 20:51 IcemanAsi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2016 20:16 Cascade wrote:
On February 28 2016 18:26 IcemanAsi wrote:
Has anyone ever tried playing a dedicated sky zerg?
Like skytoss basically, nothing on the ground but spines, total 3/4 base turtle.
double spire upgrades, corruptor/viper/muta/broodlord?

*thinking aloud*
You could add Bane drops for mass trolling, escort the overlords in with your air army and then drop the banes and leave

Also theory-crafting, what would you do with all the minerals? Just mass mass spines? >_> queens maybe? Which matchup are we talking?

I assume this is a very late game build, as you don't have anything shooting down until brood lords. Don't think you can survive unitl broodlords on only spines, so you have to do some real tech before you get the BLs, and that will suffer if you start dumping resources into spire upgrades. :/ so I can only see it being useful at a very late split map scenario, with like 7 bases on each side... And at that point I think BLs are just too slow to be useful. The other guy, independently of race, can just go and kill the three bases you don't defend, and then go and kill the other 4 while you are trying to chase to defend. At best you can get some base-trade scenario, but again, I think you'll be too slow to win consistently.

But yeah, just making stuff up that sounds good, I'd be happy to hear an actually competent player comment on this.


What you are describing ( late game transition to air) is basically broodlord/infestor endgame, which I think was proven viable a couple of times :D
I was just wondering if anyone tried to get directly there, without a ground based mid-game, I assume no one did because just as you said, Zergs static defense simply isn't up to the task. Thou a mass queen + spine turtle into the air tech could be interesting. And yeah, all the minerals go toward spines and queens and a wack-a-mole expansion strategy.

I sincerely hope that strategy is not viable.

At least do some muta-ling on the way... ling runby is a great complement to a slow air army I'd think, and the ground melee upgrades helps the broodlings anyway.
atstapley
Profile Joined December 2015
23 Posts
February 28 2016 19:05 GMT
#418
I'm struggling with hatch first mass lings into fast Mutas. I can't get a stronger Econ because the lings just keep coming so I have to drop all my larvae into lings to defend, and the blings I make drain my gas so I have fewer Mutas when the time comes. Any tips?
ThePastor
Profile Joined February 2012
New Zealand380 Posts
February 28 2016 19:41 GMT
#419
On February 29 2016 04:05 atstapley wrote:
I'm struggling with hatch first mass lings into fast Mutas. I can't get a stronger Econ because the lings just keep coming so I have to drop all my larvae into lings to defend, and the blings I make drain my gas so I have fewer Mutas when the time comes. Any tips?


Without a replay it is hard to say critically where you can improve. Feel free to upload one so we can see and analyze. The thing is, if he is mass linging then he cannot be getting ahead, if you are trading efficiently there is no way he can get ahead with eco. Focus on defending well, having defense in appropriate places and then slowly slipping drones inbetween rounds of lings/mutas.
IcemanAsi
Profile Joined March 2011
Israel681 Posts
February 29 2016 06:33 GMT
#420
On February 28 2016 20:59 Cascade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2016 20:51 IcemanAsi wrote:
On February 28 2016 20:16 Cascade wrote:
On February 28 2016 18:26 IcemanAsi wrote:
Has anyone ever tried playing a dedicated sky zerg?
Like skytoss basically, nothing on the ground but spines, total 3/4 base turtle.
double spire upgrades, corruptor/viper/muta/broodlord?

*thinking aloud*
You could add Bane drops for mass trolling, escort the overlords in with your air army and then drop the banes and leave

Also theory-crafting, what would you do with all the minerals? Just mass mass spines? >_> queens maybe? Which matchup are we talking?

I assume this is a very late game build, as you don't have anything shooting down until brood lords. Don't think you can survive unitl broodlords on only spines, so you have to do some real tech before you get the BLs, and that will suffer if you start dumping resources into spire upgrades. :/ so I can only see it being useful at a very late split map scenario, with like 7 bases on each side... And at that point I think BLs are just too slow to be useful. The other guy, independently of race, can just go and kill the three bases you don't defend, and then go and kill the other 4 while you are trying to chase to defend. At best you can get some base-trade scenario, but again, I think you'll be too slow to win consistently.

But yeah, just making stuff up that sounds good, I'd be happy to hear an actually competent player comment on this.


What you are describing ( late game transition to air) is basically broodlord/infestor endgame, which I think was proven viable a couple of times :D
I was just wondering if anyone tried to get directly there, without a ground based mid-game, I assume no one did because just as you said, Zergs static defense simply isn't up to the task. Thou a mass queen + spine turtle into the air tech could be interesting. And yeah, all the minerals go toward spines and queens and a wack-a-mole expansion strategy.

I sincerely hope that strategy is not viable.

At least do some muta-ling on the way... ling runby is a great complement to a slow air army I'd think, and the ground melee upgrades helps the broodlings anyway.


After a night of some ridiculous games... it's not that bad, pro viable? probably not. But works.
Sure, you can NOT do it in ZvZ but I think that was a given and me trying was more for laughs, it wasn't that funny.

But in ZvT this build absolutely demolishes mech play, mass Queens easy hold the mech early game harass options and you have broodlords and air advantage so early it's a little sad to see them try to actually get aggressive. Then again how mech play do we really see?

This was also not that bad against passive protos play as the economy just snowballs so fast as you are spending literally zero laravae on units. But a dedicated 2 base push from either protoss or terran just kills you. I also found myself floating a ton of gas before hive which gave way to a very intresting idea I'm going to try tonight - Queen Infestor mid game.

So it's open gasless into quick three base and constantly produce queens. Get your gas geysers once you're saturated and go lair then infestation pit, and make queen infestor, this would let you actually defend a mid game push and dump a lot of that gas, then take spire and get some harass with mutas while going for broodlords. It's a broodlord/infestor rush where your mid game queen infestor is 100% effective for your late game composition, and your mutas can either keep your opponent in his base or demolish his econ if he moves out. And if he moves out you fungal him like mad while queens and spines out range everything.

Will it blend? no idea, will try tonight.
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 173
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 643
hero 564
BeSt 272
Hyuk 83
Mind 35
Bale 24
Noble 18
Terrorterran 13
ZergMaN 10
yabsab 8
[ Show more ]
Icarus 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever976
XaKoH 125
League of Legends
JimRising 620
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King114
Other Games
summit1g9464
ceh9226
Livibee75
ArmadaUGS38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick490
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH381
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2293
League of Legends
• Rush1363
• Stunt457
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 19m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
4h 19m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 19m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.