• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:29
CEST 06:29
KST 13:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11312 users

The LotV Zerg Help Me Thread - Page 19

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 68 Next
Magus.421
Profile Joined November 2011
France159 Posts
February 02 2016 09:17 GMT
#361
On February 02 2016 00:56 therealkillemall wrote:
Hi all.
I would like to know when is the proper moment to take a look at the opponent natural's gases. Since timings are pretty different now... I don't know what to expect and what it means. I would like to know in the 2 non-mirror matches. Thanks in advance.


In both ZvT and ZvP, i scout with a suciide overlord at 3:30. For ZvP, if you don't see gas on the natural at this timing, it can be a fast b3 or a heavy gate all in (you need to scout how many gate he has to confirm).

For terran, the gas won't tell you much. You have to scout the main for production buidlings.
No whine, just play.
IcemanAsi
Profile Joined March 2011
Israel681 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-02 15:51:46
February 02 2016 14:17 GMT
#362
So, I've managed to get my zvt up to 50% but on Dusk Towers I'm at 26% overall and 10% lately.
So, what am I doing wrong?!

here is my latest game:
http://ggtracker.com/matches/6447939

And another more strait up loss:
http://ggtracker.com/matches/6447940

In contrast here is a zvt going according to what I would call 'the plan' - ling bane muta into ultras with tons of expanding.
http://ggtracker.com/matches/6448019

Can't make it work on Dusk Towers
AsAr
Profile Joined September 2012
Germany52 Posts
February 03 2016 10:35 GMT
#363
Hi guys, I'm looking for a strong early attack for my ZvT, something like the 7 roach push off 28 supply in HotS. Is there any similar BO or is this a bad idea in general in LotV? Maybe with Ravagers?
IcemanAsi
Profile Joined March 2011
Israel681 Posts
February 03 2016 10:40 GMT
#364
On February 03 2016 19:35 AsAr wrote:
Hi guys, I'm looking for a strong early attack for my ZvT, something like the 7 roach push off 28 supply in HotS. Is there any similar BO or is this a bad idea in general in LotV? Maybe with Ravagers?


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-strategy/499397-zvt-3-ravager-pressure-opener-luppasc2

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-strategy/501598-zerg-vs-terran-three-all-ins-or-are-they
AsAr
Profile Joined September 2012
Germany52 Posts
February 03 2016 10:45 GMT
#365
On February 03 2016 19:40 IcemanAsi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2016 19:35 AsAr wrote:
Hi guys, I'm looking for a strong early attack for my ZvT, something like the 7 roach push off 28 supply in HotS. Is there any similar BO or is this a bad idea in general in LotV? Maybe with Ravagers?


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-strategy/499397-zvt-3-ravager-pressure-opener-luppasc2

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-strategy/501598-zerg-vs-terran-three-all-ins-or-are-they


perfect, thanks
DERASTAT
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany99 Posts
February 03 2016 13:47 GMT
#366
ZvZ, i open Mutas most of the Time with fast three bases and 3 queens,
How do i held those Roach Banes all-ins before my Mutas are out and when should i take Lair and the 3 Gases, hgow many drones should i have for that?,
(High Diamond btw)
Kajiu, Troll der Zerstörung
Sadiv
Profile Joined October 2015
11 Posts
February 03 2016 14:25 GMT
#367
Defend with spines and ling/bane. You need to kill his banes with your banes and defend his roaches with spines and lings. But you will probably die anyways.

You start lair quite fast, off one gas. You add other two gases when you have decent saturation on 2 bases (30 drones or so).
therealkillemall
Profile Joined December 2013
Spain30 Posts
February 04 2016 11:53 GMT
#368

In both ZvT and ZvP, i scout with a suciide overlord at 3:30. For ZvP, if you don't see gas on the natural at this timing, it can be a fast b3 or a heavy gate all in (you need to scout how many gate he has to confirm).

For terran, the gas won't tell you much. You have to scout the main for production buidlings.


Since sometimes marines kill the overlord before seeing the production buildings, I thought that looking at natural's gases timing might be important. Thanks for the advice.
insitelol
Profile Joined August 2012
845 Posts
February 04 2016 11:53 GMT
#369
Okey now, check this out:
3:00+ hellions harass
5:30+ double banshee harass
~8:00 move out on your 4rth with 8 liberators/6 banshees + mass hellions
~12:00+ mass liberators
Your move?
Less is more.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-11 02:48:55
February 04 2016 15:36 GMT
#370
On February 04 2016 20:53 insitelol wrote:
Okey now, check this out:
3:00+ hellions harass
5:30+ double banshee harass
~8:00 move out on your 4rth with 8 liberators/6 banshees + mass hellions
~12:00+ mass liberators
Your move?


so for hellion harass you should have the appropriate amount of lings or roaches or queens with a spine.

For banshee harass, you should have scouted this (overlord) and have a spore + queens to help.

Once you get lair, if you see they are still massing air (or harassing with more air) I recommend getting corruptors asap (not mutas because typically they are going mech and going air they will go liberators).

at 12 minutes you should be at hive with vipers for parasitic bomb and depending how many liberators, the appropriate amount of corruptors to support the vipers.
When I think of something else, something will go here
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-07 20:43:23
February 07 2016 20:42 GMT
#371
Diamond HotS Zerg player here.

Any aggressive openings for Zerg in LotV that let us push the opponent's buttons and direct the flow of the game? Or is Zerg still the passive macro race that's more about defense while droning up?

Edit: Haven't looked into anything at all LotV which is why I'm asking. Preferably a build for each match up or just one build in general that should let me get some experience.
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
Sigil
Profile Joined October 2010
United States44 Posts
February 09 2016 01:08 GMT
#372
How to deal with mutas in ZvZ? PiG's zvz guide has a small section on it which says:

Drone up hard focusing on minerals and delaying extra gas. Go spores as late as safely possible, 2-3 extra queens. As you hit 3-base saturation drop your missing gases and hydra den + infestation pit. Go Hive and roach hydra. Vipers for fighting mass muta or lurker or roach hydra transitions. Roach-hydra timing to hit before Hive kicks in if they're teching fast off just lingbanemuta.


This makes perfect sense, but how can I tell what my opponent is doing? Usually after the first mutas are out I'm completely blind. I have no problems vs players who can't keep their mutas moving, but the better players shut down every attempt I can to get a scout. Do I just need to throw ~10 lings at once in different directions at the main to scout for hive? There's been games where it looks like he's massing mutas so I go into vipers and die to fast ultras, and other games where I go for a push and fall over to mass mutas.
krjay
Profile Joined April 2010
United States35 Posts
February 09 2016 01:54 GMT
#373
I'm usually able to sneak a ling or two into at least the natural on most maps. I also get an overseer right at Lair to scout. I try to poke with OL before that just to try and get lucky.
BigRedDog
Profile Joined May 2012
461 Posts
February 09 2016 05:04 GMT
#374
On February 09 2016 10:08 Sigil wrote:

This makes perfect sense, but how can I tell what my opponent is doing? Usually after the first mutas are out I'm completely blind. I have no problems vs players who can't keep their mutas moving, but the better players shut down every attempt I can to get a scout.


You can usually tell if a player going fast meta by no roach Warren, taking all the gases and a few Queens. Of course they might play some mix style where they try to be aggro or even build a roach Warren to confuse you (but this won't be efficient).

If you don't see any hard aggression w bangling or roaches and you spotted those gases, then most likely He is going for mutes. Why would he getting so much gas? Or going lair upgrade w no roaches is also a good sign.

You can also sac an OL to see what he is up to.
Big Red Dog!
Sigil
Profile Joined October 2010
United States44 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-10 23:03:36
February 10 2016 03:05 GMT
#375
On February 09 2016 14:04 BigRedDog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2016 10:08 Sigil wrote:

This makes perfect sense, but how can I tell what my opponent is doing? Usually after the first mutas are out I'm completely blind. I have no problems vs players who can't keep their mutas moving, but the better players shut down every attempt I can to get a scout.


You can usually tell if a player going fast meta by no roach Warren, taking all the gases and a few Queens. Of course they might play some mix style where they try to be aggro or even build a roach Warren to confuse you (but this won't be efficient).

If you don't see any hard aggression w bangling or roaches and you spotted those gases, then most likely He is going for mutes. Why would he getting so much gas? Or going lair upgrade w no roaches is also a good sign.

You can also sac an OL to see what he is up to.


The problem usually isn't knowing mutas are coming out, but how they choose to play with the mutas. I'm never sure whether to commit to a roach hydra push or tech into hive because I can't scout after I'm stuck on 3 bases.

edit: Unless it should be both? In wol/hots you would throw down a second evo chamber and hit a 2/1 timing (the armor helps vs muta/ling.) I've played some more vs it and i've been putting the hydra den + infestation pit as soon as I confirm mutas and just hitting hive asap. Still trying to figure out the idea here, am I just trying to match the hive timing and hit before ultras with a few vipers?
GamerMcbaggin
Profile Joined February 2016
1 Post
February 11 2016 02:10 GMT
#376
Whats the best way to deal with mass reapers early game?
Should I work on good zergling surrounds or go roach?
guitarizt
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1492 Posts
February 11 2016 02:51 GMT
#377
On February 10 2016 12:05 Sigil wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2016 14:04 BigRedDog wrote:
On February 09 2016 10:08 Sigil wrote:

This makes perfect sense, but how can I tell what my opponent is doing? Usually after the first mutas are out I'm completely blind. I have no problems vs players who can't keep their mutas moving, but the better players shut down every attempt I can to get a scout.


You can usually tell if a player going fast meta by no roach Warren, taking all the gases and a few Queens. Of course they might play some mix style where they try to be aggro or even build a roach Warren to confuse you (but this won't be efficient).

If you don't see any hard aggression w bangling or roaches and you spotted those gases, then most likely He is going for mutes. Why would he getting so much gas? Or going lair upgrade w no roaches is also a good sign.

You can also sac an OL to see what he is up to.


The problem usually isn't knowing mutas are coming out, but how they choose to play with the mutas. I'm never sure whether to commit to a roach hydra push or tech into hive because I can't scout after I'm stuck on 3 bases.

edit: Unless it should be both? In wol/hots you would throw down a second evo chamber and hit a 2/1 timing (the armor helps vs muta/ling.) I've played some more vs it and i've been putting the hydra den + infestation pit as soon as I confirm mutas and just hitting hive asap. Still trying to figure out the idea here, am I just trying to match the hive timing and hit before ultras with a few vipers?


Pig coached a masters player I think yesterday and he covered a ton of stuff for dealing with mutas.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” - Hemingway
guitarizt
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1492 Posts
February 11 2016 02:54 GMT
#378
On February 08 2016 05:42 MoosyDoosy wrote:
Diamond HotS Zerg player here.

Any aggressive openings for Zerg in LotV that let us push the opponent's buttons and direct the flow of the game? Or is Zerg still the passive macro race that's more about defense while droning up?

Edit: Haven't looked into anything at all LotV which is why I'm asking. Preferably a build for each match up or just one build in general that should let me get some experience.


Luppasc posted a thread on 3 ravager pressure.
Guitarcheese posted this zvp ling drop on yt:
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” - Hemingway
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
February 11 2016 04:08 GMT
#379
On February 11 2016 11:54 guitarizt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2016 05:42 MoosyDoosy wrote:
Diamond HotS Zerg player here.

Any aggressive openings for Zerg in LotV that let us push the opponent's buttons and direct the flow of the game? Or is Zerg still the passive macro race that's more about defense while droning up?

Edit: Haven't looked into anything at all LotV which is why I'm asking. Preferably a build for each match up or just one build in general that should let me get some experience.


Luppasc posted a thread on 3 ravager pressure.
Guitarcheese posted this zvp ling drop on yt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w43A_kLAnT4&feature=youtu.be

Ah, thank you thank you. Will look at it. :D I always prefer waiting for some build orders to come out before trying things out.
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
m0nt
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia80 Posts
February 13 2016 07:25 GMT
#380
heyo

whats the ideal time for zerg to take a 3rd against terran when going roach ravager

going for mutas in zvz when should i be taking gasses?
semi-pro CS:GO player - http://www.youtube.com/user/meNtal2p
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings128
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 205
NeuroSwarm 166
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 348
BeSt 136
hero 85
sorry 36
Mind 20
Bale 19
ZergMaN 13
Terrorterran 12
Icarus 4
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1036
League of Legends
JimRising 705
Counter-Strike
taco 433
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King182
Other Games
summit1g9440
Maynarde202
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick486
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 10
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH185
• Hupsaiya 142
• practicex 30
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2100
League of Legends
• Rush1093
• Stunt256
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 31m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 31m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 31m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.