• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:52
CEST 03:52
KST 10:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9383 users

[G] Arium's 8 Gate Blink Stalker PvZ

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Ariumtv
Profile Blog Joined May 2013
United States106 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-11 04:26:43
August 11 2014 02:19 GMT
#1
Hello everyone I am here today to finally show you guys the same build I used in my WCS matches verses Revival. So lets get to it!

I originally made this build randomly on the spot and decided that it actually had potential, and since I have been asked a lot to make a guide I finally decided it is time! So here we go.

I made video guide of my doing a voice over of a game I played while doing the build which can be found over here :


The build order can be found here :

9 pylon
13 gateway
14 gas
16 pylon
18 cyber
19 make a zealot to and check with a probe if you ar e being proxy hatched, if not cancel zealot and proceed with build
21 nexus
21 pylon (at ramp)
(scout after you put this pylon down)
21 mothership core
23 gas
24 stalker
28 twilight
32 double gateway at ramp
At around 8-10 workers at your natural, pull one probe of each gas and send to your natural.
~6 minutes blink should be started
38 double gas
~7 minutes start to add on gateways while constintaly making probes
Go up to 8 gateways and stop at 16 probes each mineral line and 2 in each gas.
7:45 move out, if he has lings in front of your base and trying to deny you from moving out feel free to warp in 3 stalkers.
if not warp in at proxy pylon and continue on with the attack


- Victory


Replay verses Jonsnow (that was used in the video guide) : http://ggtracker.com/matches/5316585
Replay verses Revival : http://ggtracker.com/matches/5316587

If you guys have any questions or concerns or tips for future guides let me know.

Also if you want to follow me on any of my social medias my twitter is https://twitter.com/mYiArium and my twitch is www.twitch.com/ariumtv

Shout out to my team mYinsanity and my sponsors Bison, Logitech and eSports Clothing!
Won't stop, till I am at the top.
Kommatiazo
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States579 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-11 03:08:07
August 11 2014 03:07 GMT
#2
Same link for the replays! :/

I was literally about to bust out my notebook and start taking notes haha, thanks for the help! I love these kinds of attacks as Protoss.

But now that I main Zerg, I'm curious what kinds of things Zerg does against this that are really frustrating? Other than game changing cheese/unorthodox type stuff that changes any normal gameplan.
"You must enemy don't know, and very good micro" - Bosstoss #Wet4Ret
JonSnow
Profile Joined May 2012
United States67 Posts
August 11 2014 03:50 GMT
#3
This is a very strong build, I've lost to it many times. And it has made me very sad.
LongShot27
Profile Joined May 2013
United States2084 Posts
August 11 2014 04:10 GMT
#4
On August 11 2014 12:50 JonSnow wrote:
This is a very strong build, I've lost to it many times. And it has made me very sad.


So humble, yet so hilarious
If all men were created equal there would be no reason to declare it.
Ariumtv
Profile Blog Joined May 2013
United States106 Posts
August 11 2014 04:27 GMT
#5
On August 11 2014 12:07 Kommatiazo wrote:
Same link for the replays! :/

I was literally about to bust out my notebook and start taking notes haha, thanks for the help! I love these kinds of attacks as Protoss.

But now that I main Zerg, I'm curious what kinds of things Zerg does against this that are really frustrating? Other than game changing cheese/unorthodox type stuff that changes any normal gameplan.


To be honest I have only lost a couple times when doing this build, a couple times when I screwed up my micro and another time when my friend blindly tried to hard counter it by going really fast mass hydra ling.
Won't stop, till I am at the top.
Champi
Profile Joined March 2010
1422 Posts
August 11 2014 04:52 GMT
#6
jeeeesus christ, those blinks! :O lol

cheers for the build man :D
Mojito99
Profile Joined October 2013
Germany154 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-11 07:19:47
August 11 2014 07:19 GMT
#7
This is very strong because the gas timings on the natural usually indicate something else than a pre 10 min 2 base attack.
On the other hand this build is very scoutable on 2 player maps.

Even in the case an overlord scout gets denied by three stalkers or so, that should tip you off.
Survivor61316
Profile Joined July 2012
United States470 Posts
August 12 2014 01:23 GMT
#8
Holy shit dude, you're only 14? Mad props
Liquid Fighting
vult
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States9400 Posts
August 12 2014 01:51 GMT
#9
Damn those blinks son.
I used to play random, but for you I play very specifically.
brickrd
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States4894 Posts
August 12 2014 01:54 GMT
#10
have you ever played against mass +1/+1 upgraded zergling style with this build?
TL+ Member
Kommatiazo
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States579 Posts
August 12 2014 03:09 GMT
#11
On August 12 2014 10:54 brickrd wrote:
have you ever played against mass +1/+1 upgraded zergling style with this build?


This was going to be my next question actually. I haven't played this in a while, and I know that I haven't seen any pro zergs do it for a while now (though I may have just missed it). I think it's a really fun way to play out a PvZ so I was curious if it wrecks this mass unupgraded stalker play or not. Especially, if not, WHY not? Seems like it might on paper, but it may be more of a blind counter type relationship? Like you can't reactively go into that style of play AFTER scouting this type of 2 base blink timing or something?

Do you know JonSnow? <Insert obligatory "You know nothing, Jon Snow" joke>
"You must enemy don't know, and very good micro" - Bosstoss #Wet4Ret
Shaoer
Profile Joined July 2012
United States60 Posts
August 13 2014 05:46 GMT
#12
The BO is missing when to get warp gate research!
I GG all the time
Ariumtv
Profile Blog Joined May 2013
United States106 Posts
August 13 2014 07:41 GMT
#13
On August 13 2014 14:46 Shaoer wrote:
The BO is missing when to get warp gate research!

My bad you get it as fast as you can the stuff I left out are pretty self explanatory
Won't stop, till I am at the top.
DuckloadBlackra
Profile Joined July 2011
225 Posts
August 20 2014 17:54 GMT
#14
I can't seem to make this work consistently against top 5 diamonds/masters. They usually get ling hydra or quick speed roach with burrow + lings and they often disrupt the build by trying to break through my ramp with speedlings which slows me way down because i have to defend that before I can push. In most the games when I attack they have an overwhelming amount of units and I can't ever break them...

What do? :/
Shaoer
Profile Joined July 2012
United States60 Posts
August 20 2014 18:37 GMT
#15
I also wonder if we could do this off like FFE and make it look like parting's immortal sentry (that also gets one stalker early to deny scouting). It would incur a roach response (or a muta one), which all die to blink stalkers like :D
I GG all the time
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
August 20 2014 18:57 GMT
#16
Pretty sure we included something like this in the Book of Bullshit.

Also, why do you go 8gates if you are so low econ (no gasses at natural etc)? Isnt 6/7 fine?
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
Don Jimbo
Profile Joined August 2014
70 Posts
August 20 2014 20:04 GMT
#17
What is the advantage of doing this style instead of the old school +2 blink attack? I mean something like:

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/7_Gate_+2_Blink_Stalker_All-In

or

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/7_Gate_Blink_+2_(vs._Zerg)
When you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you
SatedSC2
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
England3012 Posts
August 20 2014 20:09 GMT
#18
--- Nuked ---
cythaze
Profile Joined June 2011
830 Posts
August 20 2014 20:46 GMT
#19
On August 21 2014 05:04 Don Jimbo wrote:
What is the advantage of doing this style instead of the old school +2 blink attack? I mean something like:

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/7_Gate_+2_Blink_Stalker_All-In

or

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/7_Gate_Blink_+2_(vs._Zerg)


hits earlier, comes off a 1 gate fe instead of ffe. squeezing the forge in this build would be pretty much after the TC which would only let you get +1 attack anyways which makes pretty much no difference (+2 attack is the critical point for stalkers vs lings)
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
August 20 2014 21:03 GMT
#20
On August 21 2014 05:04 Don Jimbo wrote:
What is the advantage of doing this style instead of the old school +2 blink attack? I mean something like:

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/7_Gate_+2_Blink_Stalker_All-In

or

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/7_Gate_Blink_+2_(vs._Zerg)


This build hits absurdly fast mostly
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft441
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta23
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft441
WinterStarcraft271
RuFF_SC2 120
PiLiPiLi 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1067
White-Ra 160
Hyuk 60
Noble 52
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm173
LuMiX1
League of Legends
Doublelift5449
Counter-Strike
taco 558
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox653
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor734
Other Games
summit1g8145
Coldzera 874
C9.Mang0328
ViBE59
Mew2King43
ArmadaUGS40
Liquid`Ken2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick500
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream73
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 87
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21321
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
8h 8m
Online Event
9h 8m
FEL
14h 8m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 8m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 8m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.