• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:25
CEST 16:25
KST 23:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9029 users

[G] Arium's 8 Gate Blink Stalker PvZ - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
SatedSC2
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
England3012 Posts
August 20 2014 21:40 GMT
#21
--- Nuked ---
Ariumtv
Profile Blog Joined May 2013
United States106 Posts
August 20 2014 22:54 GMT
#22
Sorry I haven't been able to answer some of your questions! Have had a lot of stuff to do. The reasoning behind the high gateway count is because mathematically you are able to afford with only 2 in each gas 8 gate constant stalker production is perfect! Not only that but this build his a lot faster then any other blink stalker all in. And the problem DuckloadBlackra is having is probably cause he isn't hitting fast enough, they usually never have speedlings to break down your wall and usually can never have roach speed plus burrow.
Won't stop, till I am at the top.
DuckloadBlackra
Profile Joined July 2011
225 Posts
August 22 2014 04:12 GMT
#23
On August 21 2014 06:40 SatedSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2014 02:54 DuckloadBlackra wrote:
I can't seem to make this work consistently against top 5 diamonds/masters. They usually get ling hydra or quick speed roach with burrow + lings and they often disrupt the build by trying to break through my ramp with speedlings which slows me way down because i have to defend that before I can push. In most the games when I attack they have an overwhelming amount of units and I can't ever break them...

What do? :/

Post some replays and we'll try to see what you're doing wrong?


I think Arium was right about me not hitting early enough before. Been practicing the build a lot and now winning most of my games with it.

However, this master league zerg beat me twice with the same ling bling bust into ling hydra. This is the second game which went a lot better than the first, but still bad: http://drop.sc/385145. Please watch from my perspective with player cam.

I scouted his gas, scouted no 3rd, started the 2 gates at ramp at 30 supply instead of 32 because I was concerned about possible very quick lings. I send a probe out at 6:35 to his natural to see if there are any lings on the way to my base, but I didn't pay attention to the path the probe went and it went the wrong way away from where his lings were. I thought my stalker was fully walling but apparently not - speedlings came in at 7 mins, slipped through and surrounded it (was the pylon/2 gateway placement wrong?). I overcharge nat and try to triple pylon block the main. Blings come in and break the pylon wall. I was afraid lings would kill cyber so I made another cyber and forgot to cancel before it finished. I hold, but the timing is already totally fucked up by this attack. When I finally move out he surrounds stalkers with speedlings. I let my probe get ahead of my stalkers because it looked like he wasn't going to try to target the probe down and I was busy blinking too. He abandons the stalkers and snipes the probe so I can't get any proxy pylons near his base. When I get to him he has too many lings and hydra compared to my small stalker force and it's GG.

So I know I made mistakes like forgetting to cancel cyber, accidental 5 probes in a gas in the heat of the moment during the attack, probe to make proxy pylons getting sniped, etc. But even if none of those mistakes had been made I feel like I still would've had no chance. The ling bling attack seems to screw up the timing too badly and when it finally hits he has plenty of ling hydra ready.

Thoughts?
Solus420
Profile Joined April 2013
United States53 Posts
September 06 2014 02:52 GMT
#24
Added to The Ultimate Starcraft Guide

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/2f2g98/wip_the_ultimate_starcraft_guide_wip/
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/2i9clc/the_ultimate_starcraft_directory/
Xecutor
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada12 Posts
September 06 2014 17:47 GMT
#25
Arium, I am glad I was able to see you use this build live on your stream Really cool build!

+1
Feel the Power of the Protoss
SatedSC2
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
England3012 Posts
October 13 2014 23:03 GMT
#26
--- Nuked ---
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech129
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5211
Bisu 2216
Soulkey 1509
EffOrt 1062
Jaedong 961
Horang2 706
Mini 516
actioN 412
ZerO 355
Larva 350
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 264
Mind 105
Sharp 84
Sea.KH 81
Pusan 79
Dewaltoss 74
Shinee 70
hero 68
Snow 63
Hyun 56
Barracks 53
Bale 42
sorry 38
ToSsGirL 36
Sacsri 21
scan(afreeca) 17
Trap 16
Terrorterran 14
NaDa 13
Rock 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Noble 6
zelot 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4617
qojqva2590
Dendi1120
Counter-Strike
fl0m691
Fnx 600
x6flipin5
Other Games
hiko921
B2W.Neo769
Lowko366
crisheroes277
DeMusliM245
Liquid`RaSZi213
Pyrionflax208
XBOCT196
Hui .194
Livibee186
Liquid`VortiX177
QueenE82
Mew2King49
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 60
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 18
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV682
League of Legends
• Nemesis2754
• Jankos1858
Other Games
• Shiphtur168
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 35m
Patches Events
1d 1h
The PondCast
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.