• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:28
CEST 06:28
KST 13:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8548 users

[G] TheCore - Advanced Keyboard Layout - Page 140

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 138 139 140 141 142 432 Next
EvilSource
Profile Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10 Posts
March 15 2013 02:18 GMT
#2781
I need a new keyboard with NKRO... CANT SELECT CRTL + SHIT + 0 , Is Really Irritiating
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
March 15 2013 02:24 GMT
#2782
See FAQ #10
SixtusTheFifth
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
New Zealand170 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-15 02:44:02
March 15 2013 02:42 GMT
#2783
On March 15 2013 03:28 sil0r wrote:
RRM German Layout; Mission: The Enemy Within
Morph Baneling is on "E"

You guys are doing such an amazing work. Keep it up. You just made the game more fun for me. With these hotkeys it's easier for me to play the game i love. So love to you guys and heaps of appreciation.


Thanks for catching that sil0r, I've just updated github with fixes for morphing the different strains of Zergling. Let me know if that's fixed it.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
March 15 2013 02:54 GMT
#2784
@Sixtus

I actually managed to get this ancient laptop to run the campaign!

Is there any reason why the Hydralisk has Frenzy on ability 2 (FK) instead of ability 1 (RI) on the Protoss layouts?
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
March 15 2013 03:02 GMT
#2785
On March 15 2013 11:54 JaKaTaK wrote:
@Sixtus

I actually managed to get this ancient laptop to run the campaign!

Is there any reason why the Hydralisk has Frenzy on ability 2 (FK) instead of ability 1 (RI) on the Protoss layouts?

Hydras have morph lurker on ability 1
Precise
Profile Joined June 2011
64 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-15 03:40:40
March 15 2013 03:36 GMT
#2786
-Fixed-
madnessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1581 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-15 08:50:20
March 15 2013 05:11 GMT
#2787
On March 15 2013 04:30 fengshaun wrote:
@madnessman: I have no experience with PRM, but I can answer your second question.

When you have clicked on your main Nexus at the beginning, press Alt+main CG (whatever key it may be), then while you are still holding Alt, click on the minimap to go to your nat and press your natural CG (remember, you don't lift your finger from Alt yet). Continue to set your third and forth while holding down Alt.

so, your key sequence will be Alt + main CG > click on minimap > nat CG > click > third CG > click > forth CG (all while holding down Alt).


Thanks so much.

EDIT: Man I'm so confused. I'm really struggling to change. My apm on the core is like 60-80 but I just switched back to standard for a game and averaged 260. Anyway, more questions for PRM. Why is the recommended CG for ranged on ";" and stalkers only on "0" when melee is on "-"? Wouldn't it make sense to have melee and ranged control group keys next to each other and the dedicated stalker only key a little further away? Same issue with the main, nexus, and production buildings. Also, aren't the global hot keys on the reference spreadsheet wrong?
Lunden
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark79 Posts
March 15 2013 14:15 GMT
#2788
Im not sure why it takes ctrl + shift + key to create a CG, what is different from creating one with just crtl + key?

Also i struggle with the base cameras, is it rly the most efficient way to jump to a location by shift + key?

As for army CG's, i find it hard to control ghosts on L and vikings on ]. Is anyone using another setup?
You always pass failure on the way to success
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
March 15 2013 14:31 GMT
#2789
On March 15 2013 23:15 Lunden wrote:
Im not sure why it takes ctrl + shift + key to create a CG, what is different from creating one with just crtl + key?

Also i struggle with the base cameras, is it rly the most efficient way to jump to a location by shift + key?

As for army CG's, i find it hard to control ghosts on L and vikings on ]. Is anyone using another setup?

Generally, you add to control groups more than you reset them, which is why ctrl+key is add, and ctrl+shift+key is reset. Having ctrl+key be add to CG also makes for some fast combos:

As Terran: Let's say you want to add all your newly created Vikings to your viking control group. Hold down Ctrl, click on a viking, then press the CG key to add to that group.

As far as base cams go, I think you will get used to shift+key, as shift is the easiest modifier to press (your thumb should be resting on it), and this allows base cam keys to be very close (shift+p, for instance, should be a lot faster than pressing F1 in standard, because you don't have to move your hand at all).

As for army CG's, I would take what the spreadsheet says only as suggestions, and just use whatever you feel most comfortable with. When I play Terran, I normally go with:

(Let's say MMM/ghost/viking in TvP)
9 - MM
0 - Medivacs
- - Ghosts
[ - Vikings

I find that 9a0a-a[a isn't too bad for moving my army around, and I like having control over my medivacs be separate from my MM (so I can stutter step while medivacs keep healing).
codonbyte
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States840 Posts
March 15 2013 14:40 GMT
#2790
This guide is absolutely amazing. Great job, Jakatak! You remind me of August Dvorak, who spent 10 years analyzing the frequency of letters in the English language and observing people's hands while typing to come up with an improved keyboard layout, the Dvorak Simplified Keyboard.
Procrastination is the enemy
Lunden
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark79 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-15 14:58:44
March 15 2013 14:49 GMT
#2791
On March 15 2013 23:31 JDub wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2013 23:15 Lunden wrote:
Im not sure why it takes ctrl + shift + key to create a CG, what is different from creating one with just crtl + key?

Also i struggle with the base cameras, is it rly the most efficient way to jump to a location by shift + key?

As for army CG's, i find it hard to control ghosts on L and vikings on ]. Is anyone using another setup?

Generally, you add to control groups more than you reset them, which is why ctrl+key is add, and ctrl+shift+key is reset. Having ctrl+key be add to CG also makes for some fast combos:

As Terran: Let's say you want to add all your newly created Vikings to your viking control group. Hold down Ctrl, click on a viking, then press the CG key to add to that group.

As far as base cams go, I think you will get used to shift+key, as shift is the easiest modifier to press (your thumb should be resting on it), and this allows base cam keys to be very close (shift+p, for instance, should be a lot faster than pressing F1 in standard, because you don't have to move your hand at all).

As for army CG's, I would take what the spreadsheet says only as suggestions, and just use whatever you feel most comfortable with. When I play Terran, I normally go with:

(Let's say MMM/ghost/viking in TvP)
9 - MM
0 - Medivacs
- - Ghosts
[ - Vikings

I find that 9a0a-a[a isn't too bad for moving my army around, and I like having control over my medivacs be separate from my MM (so I can stutter step while medivacs keep healing).


thx a lot for the thorough explanation it makes total sense. ive only played 12 games so far, so still havent got the basics down fully.
"I find that 9a0a-a[a isn't too bad for moving my army around" i suppose you meant "J" instead of "A"

wouldnt it be easier to use shift for toggling to subgroups instead of / (-)
You always pass failure on the way to success
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
March 15 2013 15:10 GMT
#2792
On March 15 2013 23:49 Lunden wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2013 23:31 JDub wrote:
On March 15 2013 23:15 Lunden wrote:
Im not sure why it takes ctrl + shift + key to create a CG, what is different from creating one with just crtl + key?

Also i struggle with the base cameras, is it rly the most efficient way to jump to a location by shift + key?

As for army CG's, i find it hard to control ghosts on L and vikings on ]. Is anyone using another setup?

Generally, you add to control groups more than you reset them, which is why ctrl+key is add, and ctrl+shift+key is reset. Having ctrl+key be add to CG also makes for some fast combos:

As Terran: Let's say you want to add all your newly created Vikings to your viking control group. Hold down Ctrl, click on a viking, then press the CG key to add to that group.

As far as base cams go, I think you will get used to shift+key, as shift is the easiest modifier to press (your thumb should be resting on it), and this allows base cam keys to be very close (shift+p, for instance, should be a lot faster than pressing F1 in standard, because you don't have to move your hand at all).

As for army CG's, I would take what the spreadsheet says only as suggestions, and just use whatever you feel most comfortable with. When I play Terran, I normally go with:

(Let's say MMM/ghost/viking in TvP)
9 - MM
0 - Medivacs
- - Ghosts
[ - Vikings

I find that 9a0a-a[a isn't too bad for moving my army around, and I like having control over my medivacs be separate from my MM (so I can stutter step while medivacs keep healing).


thx a lot for the thorough explanation it makes total sense. ive only played 12 games so far, so still havent got the basics down fully.
"I find that 9a0a-a[a isn't too bad for moving my army around" i suppose you meant "J" instead of "A"

wouldnt it be easier to use shift for toggling to subgroups instead of / (-)

Haha yes I did mean 9j0j-j[j, not a, good catch. And again that's just how I choose to do it. In standard I used 1,2,3 for army (and only ever had 3 control groups), and I generally use 9,0,- in the same way I used 1,2,3 before, plus I get many more control groups to work with (I can put separate drops on L and ;, which I never hotkeyed with standard).

As for toggling subgroups, yes shift would be easier to press, but shift is a modifier and can't be assigned to a command directly, so that's not possible. Also, TheCore makes full usage of Ctrl, Shift, and Alt modifiers already, so using Shift for something else isn't really an option.

Good luck with learning TheCore. It is really tough, especially if you played standard for a long time, but is definitely worth it.
ShaolinZorg
Profile Joined February 2013
Belgium47 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-15 15:52:13
March 15 2013 15:19 GMT
#2793
As for toggling subgroups, yes shift would be easier to press, but shift is a modifier


I am using ENTER/ CTRL-ENTER for sugroubbing/backward subgroupping and remapped the control group
Qui veut voyager loin ménage sa monture
Lunden
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark79 Posts
March 15 2013 15:42 GMT
#2794
On March 16 2013 00:10 JDub wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2013 23:49 Lunden wrote:
On March 15 2013 23:31 JDub wrote:
On March 15 2013 23:15 Lunden wrote:
Im not sure why it takes ctrl + shift + key to create a CG, what is different from creating one with just crtl + key?

Also i struggle with the base cameras, is it rly the most efficient way to jump to a location by shift + key?

As for army CG's, i find it hard to control ghosts on L and vikings on ]. Is anyone using another setup?

Generally, you add to control groups more than you reset them, which is why ctrl+key is add, and ctrl+shift+key is reset. Having ctrl+key be add to CG also makes for some fast combos:

As Terran: Let's say you want to add all your newly created Vikings to your viking control group. Hold down Ctrl, click on a viking, then press the CG key to add to that group.

As far as base cams go, I think you will get used to shift+key, as shift is the easiest modifier to press (your thumb should be resting on it), and this allows base cam keys to be very close (shift+p, for instance, should be a lot faster than pressing F1 in standard, because you don't have to move your hand at all).

As for army CG's, I would take what the spreadsheet says only as suggestions, and just use whatever you feel most comfortable with. When I play Terran, I normally go with:

(Let's say MMM/ghost/viking in TvP)
9 - MM
0 - Medivacs
- - Ghosts
[ - Vikings

I find that 9a0a-a[a isn't too bad for moving my army around, and I like having control over my medivacs be separate from my MM (so I can stutter step while medivacs keep healing).


thx a lot for the thorough explanation it makes total sense. ive only played 12 games so far, so still havent got the basics down fully.
"I find that 9a0a-a[a isn't too bad for moving my army around" i suppose you meant "J" instead of "A"

wouldnt it be easier to use shift for toggling to subgroups instead of / (-)

Haha yes I did mean 9j0j-j[j, not a, good catch. And again that's just how I choose to do it. In standard I used 1,2,3 for army (and only ever had 3 control groups), and I generally use 9,0,- in the same way I used 1,2,3 before, plus I get many more control groups to work with (I can put separate drops on L and ;, which I never hotkeyed with standard).

As for toggling subgroups, yes shift would be easier to press, but shift is a modifier and can't be assigned to a command directly, so that's not possible. Also, TheCore makes full usage of Ctrl, Shift, and Alt modifiers already, so using Shift for something else isn't really an option.

Good luck with learning TheCore. It is really tough, especially if you played standard for a long time, but is definitely worth it.


i truly hope it improves my play. been stuck in low masters for a year now with several de/promotions. how has it been worth it for you?
You always pass failure on the way to success
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-15 16:17:33
March 15 2013 16:16 GMT
#2795
On March 16 2013 00:42 Lunden wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2013 00:10 JDub wrote:
On March 15 2013 23:49 Lunden wrote:
On March 15 2013 23:31 JDub wrote:
On March 15 2013 23:15 Lunden wrote:
Im not sure why it takes ctrl + shift + key to create a CG, what is different from creating one with just crtl + key?

Also i struggle with the base cameras, is it rly the most efficient way to jump to a location by shift + key?

As for army CG's, i find it hard to control ghosts on L and vikings on ]. Is anyone using another setup?

Generally, you add to control groups more than you reset them, which is why ctrl+key is add, and ctrl+shift+key is reset. Having ctrl+key be add to CG also makes for some fast combos:

As Terran: Let's say you want to add all your newly created Vikings to your viking control group. Hold down Ctrl, click on a viking, then press the CG key to add to that group.

As far as base cams go, I think you will get used to shift+key, as shift is the easiest modifier to press (your thumb should be resting on it), and this allows base cam keys to be very close (shift+p, for instance, should be a lot faster than pressing F1 in standard, because you don't have to move your hand at all).

As for army CG's, I would take what the spreadsheet says only as suggestions, and just use whatever you feel most comfortable with. When I play Terran, I normally go with:

(Let's say MMM/ghost/viking in TvP)
9 - MM
0 - Medivacs
- - Ghosts
[ - Vikings

I find that 9a0a-a[a isn't too bad for moving my army around, and I like having control over my medivacs be separate from my MM (so I can stutter step while medivacs keep healing).


thx a lot for the thorough explanation it makes total sense. ive only played 12 games so far, so still havent got the basics down fully.
"I find that 9a0a-a[a isn't too bad for moving my army around" i suppose you meant "J" instead of "A"

wouldnt it be easier to use shift for toggling to subgroups instead of / (-)

Haha yes I did mean 9j0j-j[j, not a, good catch. And again that's just how I choose to do it. In standard I used 1,2,3 for army (and only ever had 3 control groups), and I generally use 9,0,- in the same way I used 1,2,3 before, plus I get many more control groups to work with (I can put separate drops on L and ;, which I never hotkeyed with standard).

As for toggling subgroups, yes shift would be easier to press, but shift is a modifier and can't be assigned to a command directly, so that's not possible. Also, TheCore makes full usage of Ctrl, Shift, and Alt modifiers already, so using Shift for something else isn't really an option.

Good luck with learning TheCore. It is really tough, especially if you played standard for a long time, but is definitely worth it.


i truly hope it improves my play. been stuck in low masters for a year now with several de/promotions. how has it been worth it for you?

I was mid-high masters before the switch, and while I am still in mid-high masters (I don't play enough to use up all my bonus pool, so I can't say for sure I've had a ranking increase), I have gotten noticeably better at a few things, and as a result I think I am a stronger player:

I play all 3 races at least at a low-mid masters level, but main as Zerg, for reference.
1) I didn't use camera keys at all before the switch (F1, F2 just felt too far away playing standard), and now I am much, much faster at quickly adding tech/buildings/etc and getting back to controlling my army. I'm also much faster at transferring workers, building (or moving if Terran) expansions. This speed increase greatly helps if there is stuff I know I need to build but I'm also trying to control my army at the same time.
2) My injects are greatly improved (used to use separate hotkey for each queen, now I use camera injections).
3) I'm much better at hotkeying my eggs now, which really helps when going ling/bane/muta, as I never leave any mutas sitting around at a rally point anymore.
4) I'm better at keeping tabs on my upgrades, and being able to quickly start the next round of upgrades (I didn't hotkey my upgrade facilities before switching).
5) My production cycles are better and cleaner (I used to do each facility type on different hotkeys, now I do all production on 1 hotkey and tab through). I do think it may be better as Protoss to have a separate CG just for gateways, since it's annoying if you have warpgates + gateways (under construction or not yet converted) + robo + stargate on there, it can require a lot of tabbing, and I don't use all 10 CGs anyway.
6) In general, I can just do everything a tad bit faster, and hit the wrong key less. I used to have a big problem with infestation pit v. ultra den on standard (v-i vs. v-u), but I don't have those problems anymore.

And best of all, I'm still not taking full advantage of TheCore, and have much I can improve on in terms of using all my CGs. I don't consistently hotkey an overseer/obs (which I could easily do on . or L), I don't consistently hotkey my multi-pronged drops (which I now have easily accessible hotkeys that I could do it on), I don't use a free cam consistently for a warp-in pylon or chrono-boosting cam. I hope that after another 100+ (1000+?) games with TheCore, I could have all those keys in use, and just be that much better of a player for it.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
March 15 2013 18:18 GMT
#2796
Okay, I uploaded the first Campaign Compatible patch to the Skydrive. Please let us know of any bugs that come up so they can be fixed for 1.0

(I couldn't change the version name, sorry)
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
NoKKiE
Profile Joined March 2013
United States1 Post
March 15 2013 18:53 GMT
#2797
Hello, I've been using TheCore for awhile using a small hands layout. One thing that I always need to change every time I update is the chat key. I'm not sure if the small hands layout is rarely used, but the default keys completely interferes with build queuing. Since enter is usually chat (chat to all was moved to left arrow key, but none of the other chat shortcuts were moved) and for small hands build is now the Enter Key, queuing builds (shift + enter) immediately brings up the "Chat to All" screen.

Another issue with chatting being on the left arrow key is that is is extremely uncomfortable to chat. Especially since most people are used to using their arrow keys with their right hand and hitting the left arrow with their index finger. This means your entire hand has to move across the keyboard just to chat a couple of lines.

For small hands layout, I would suggest to use the "Tab" key as a chat button instead. This makes chatting much easier since when you are ready to type a message you will have your hands in the typing position. That way the chat heykeys (Tab, Ctrl+Tab, Shift+Tab) all work and do not interfere with normal game layouts. The only unavailable chat command would be "Alt+Tab" (Chat to Individual) since that is normally switch programs.

Thanks again for all the hard work! Other than the chat issues, I'm really liking the layout so far.
thayneq
Profile Joined March 2013
96 Posts
March 15 2013 19:33 GMT
#2798

3) I'm much better at hotkeying my eggs now, which really helps when going ling/bane/muta, as I never leave any mutas sitting around at a rally point anymore.


JDub, can you explain exactly your process for this? I find what I'm doing mostly is setting all my hatcheries to one rally point, setting my free cam to that point. Then I periodically check my rally can, then hotkey my new units right there.

If you hotkey eggs, how can you separate units into different groups? For instance if you select all hatches, build a variety of units, say 10 mutas, 10 lings, how do you handle that? won't they all be coming from different places?

It would be awesome to have units already in their respective CG'a before hatching! It would save tons of sorting time and wasted time sitting at the rally waiting for me. The problem I also have is that if I set a hatch's rally to a unit, so new units can go straight to battle, and that unit dies, I'm left with a mess at my main base when they all pop and hover around my base :-(
Snoodles
Profile Joined March 2012
401 Posts
March 15 2013 19:49 GMT
#2799
On March 15 2013 23:40 codonbyte wrote:
This guide is absolutely amazing. Great job, Jakatak! You remind me of August Dvorak, who spent 10 years analyzing the frequency of letters in the English language and observing people's hands while typing to come up with an improved keyboard layout, the Dvorak Simplified Keyboard.


As a user of both Dvorak AND the core, I agree. This layout is pretty brilliant, and should have been discovered years ago. Watch any pro players from korea, the fastest guys in the world, and their hands are dancing all over the keyboard to reach F1 and shift and backspace. Imagine how much faster they would be if thecore becomes a thing.
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
March 15 2013 20:26 GMT
#2800
On March 16 2013 03:53 NoKKiE wrote:
Hello, I've been using TheCore for awhile using a small hands layout. One thing that I always need to change every time I update is the chat key. I'm not sure if the small hands layout is rarely used, but the default keys completely interferes with build queuing. Since enter is usually chat (chat to all was moved to left arrow key, but none of the other chat shortcuts were moved) and for small hands build is now the Enter Key, queuing builds (shift + enter) immediately brings up the "Chat to All" screen.

Another issue with chatting being on the left arrow key is that is is extremely uncomfortable to chat. Especially since most people are used to using their arrow keys with their right hand and hitting the left arrow with their index finger. This means your entire hand has to move across the keyboard just to chat a couple of lines.

For small hands layout, I would suggest to use the "Tab" key as a chat button instead. This makes chatting much easier since when you are ready to type a message you will have your hands in the typing position. That way the chat heykeys (Tab, Ctrl+Tab, Shift+Tab) all work and do not interfere with normal game layouts. The only unavailable chat command would be "Alt+Tab" (Chat to Individual) since that is normally switch programs.

Thanks again for all the hard work! Other than the chat issues, I'm really liking the layout so far.

Thank you for this feedback. Figuring out what to do with chat on righty small-handed layouts has been a problem since we first introduced the small handed layouts, and going with Tab seems like a solid solution. If Jak agrees then I can patch this in ASAP.

On March 16 2013 04:33 thayneq wrote:
Show nested quote +

3) I'm much better at hotkeying my eggs now, which really helps when going ling/bane/muta, as I never leave any mutas sitting around at a rally point anymore.


JDub, can you explain exactly your process for this? I find what I'm doing mostly is setting all my hatcheries to one rally point, setting my free cam to that point. Then I periodically check my rally can, then hotkey my new units right there.

If you hotkey eggs, how can you separate units into different groups? For instance if you select all hatches, build a variety of units, say 10 mutas, 10 lings, how do you handle that? won't they all be coming from different places?

It would be awesome to have units already in their respective CG'a before hatching! It would save tons of sorting time and wasted time sitting at the rally waiting for me. The problem I also have is that if I set a hatch's rally to a unit, so new units can go straight to battle, and that unit dies, I'm left with a mess at my main base when they all pop and hover around my base :-(

My process for production is generally:

1) Select all hatches, all larvae, build a couple overlords, and either send them to the same spot in my base or spread them across the map (depending on map/matchup/time in game)
2) Select all hatches again, all larvae, build as many mutas as I have gas for, ctrl+click egg, tap hotkey group to add mutas to hotkey.
3) Repeat step 2 with lings instead of mutas.

It makes the production cycle a little bit slower b/c you have to reselect your hatches a few times, but reselecting hatches and larvae is the fastest combo there is (both on home keys), so it can still go pretty fast.
Prev 1 138 139 140 141 142 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 248
FoxeR 58
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4594
Leta 1831
ViBE126
Bale 50
Shine 18
Icarus 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm209
League of Legends
JimRising 612
Other Games
summit1g8565
WinterStarcraft519
Mew2King31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick591
BasetradeTV204
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta27
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota250
• swagsyndrome_0
League of Legends
• Lourlo975
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 32m
Patches Events
10h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 32m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 32m
OSC
18h 32m
OSC
1d 7h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.