• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:45
CEST 11:45
KST 18:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6285 users

[G] [ZvZ] DeltruS Ling-centric Zerg vs Zerg - Page 3

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
enykie
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany64 Posts
April 07 2012 14:50 GMT
#41
i postet the same on tangs thread because you used his opening style, but i got no answer... perhaps you can help... and btw its a good and fun way to play but i have a problem with that-->



i see no possible way to hold a 14/14 ling/bling allin with this opener, i tried 3 times. But i really want to :D

at one moment:
- i got 6 lings one queen and a building spine
- opponent has 10 lings and earlier ling speed

and its a small and neat window where he can crush you, before additional lings come out.

replay --> http://drop.sc/154469

i saw that you say to build a additional spine in the main, but i dont see where this helps... perhaps an earlier spine pre building in the main or something like that?

Cheers and thx
Michael
DeltruS
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2214 Posts
April 07 2012 20:13 GMT
#42
You need 2 queens to block the ramp. You will have more lings than him because you have 2 hatches while he has 1. If you have more lings than him, which you should, you can prevent him from morphing banes.

If you both have speed, try to keep the battle as far away from your base as possible. It can take around 50s for banes to walk across a map on many maps.

I also bind my drones at my natural to "3" so that I can quickly move them past my queens and then move them back after.

Look at the "Holding Early Cheese/Pressure" header in tang's guide here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=310142
"episode 4" apparently has a video focusing on holding baneling rushes.
http://grooveshark.com/#/deltrus/music
vBr
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden193 Posts
April 08 2012 12:02 GMT
#43
You forget an OL in your buildorder (the one after the initial queen). Also your replays doesn't stick to the build all the times.

Still, a very good guide, keep working on it.
enykie
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany64 Posts
April 08 2012 16:45 GMT
#44
Well your answer tells me, that you didtn watch the replay i posted...

if you simply make a 14/14 and stream lings into the other base, you win against this build. In my case, my friend wanted to bling allin but, there was no need to, ling only are enough.

i watched the tang guides about earlie cheese, but there is no one where the other simply streams lings in.
DeltruS
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2214 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-11 02:46:21
April 08 2012 20:05 GMT
#45
On April 09 2012 01:45 enykie wrote:
Well your answer tells me, that you didtn watch the replay i posted...

if you simply make a 14/14 and stream lings into the other base, you win against this build. In my case, my friend wanted to bling allin but, there was no need to, ling only are enough.

i watched the tang guides about earlie cheese, but there is no one where the other simply streams lings in.


Ok, I watched the replay. You just needed to block the ramp half with queens and lings so that only 2 lings can engage at once. A queen has more DPS than a ling, so you would be fighting 3 to 2.

Your spine should be a bit further back too for a better simcity. Then, if he goes after the spine, attack his lings, and if he attacks your lings, move back behind the queen on the ramp. You had more drones than him and more production facilities, so just delaying would allow you to hold and stomp him with a counter.

EDIT: Just realized that roaches 2 shot lings no matter what once they get +2 attack so the +2 carapace does nothing. So don't get it. This actually is quite nice because it means infestation put on lair complete.
http://grooveshark.com/#/deltrus/music
enykie
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany64 Posts
April 16 2012 11:02 GMT
#46
Thx alot DeltruS!

Another Question, if i play like your style, i often have a situation, where i have lots of minerals and larave and not shure if i build drones or lings. Like when he camps in his base and i build lots of lings it is kinda obious that he needs banes.
So do you build lots of lings and try to to damage or do you build them and show them for mapcontrol?

Sotark
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada66 Posts
April 16 2012 12:08 GMT
#47
Great guide!
Not sure if this is in the OP or not, I didn't see it.
But, +1 Lings absolutely rape Roaches, so it's probably good to put that in the guide for people skeptical. Maybe with some math behind it.
Good job, will use!
SirPsychoMantis
Profile Joined December 2011
United States180 Posts
April 16 2012 18:37 GMT
#48
On April 09 2012 05:05 DeltruS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 09 2012 01:45 enykie wrote:
Well your answer tells me, that you didtn watch the replay i posted...

if you simply make a 14/14 and stream lings into the other base, you win against this build. In my case, my friend wanted to bling allin but, there was no need to, ling only are enough.

i watched the tang guides about earlie cheese, but there is no one where the other simply streams lings in.


Ok, I watched the replay. You just needed to block the ramp half with queens and lings so that only 2 lings can engage at once. A queen has more DPS than a ling, so you would be fighting 3 to 2.

Your spine should be a bit further back too for a better simcity. Then, if he goes after the spine, attack his lings, and if he attacks your lings, move back behind the queen on the ramp. You had more drones than him and more production facilities, so just delaying would allow you to hold and stomp him with a counter.

EDIT: Just realized that roaches 2 shot lings no matter what once they get +2 attack so the +2 carapace does nothing. So don't get it. This actually is quite nice because it means infestation put on lair complete.


Not getting the +2 armor are you going only 1 evo? Also do you have any newer replays of the mid game securing the 3rd?
Zerg #1
Glurkenspurk
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1915 Posts
April 16 2012 20:14 GMT
#49
So what would you do against someone just making a fuck ton of roaches on 2 bases and keeping you contained? I don't see this working against any player with decent roach macro.
InfCereal
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada1759 Posts
April 24 2012 21:56 GMT
#50
On April 17 2012 05:14 Odal wrote:
So what would you do against someone just making a fuck ton of roaches on 2 bases and keeping you contained? I don't see this working against any player with decent roach macro.


I was wondering this myself.
Cereal
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
April 24 2012 22:15 GMT
#51
On April 17 2012 05:14 Odal wrote:
So what would you do against someone just making a fuck ton of roaches on 2 bases and keeping you contained? I don't see this working against any player with decent roach macro.


I imagine you never let him arrive at your natural until you get your spines up.
Before that you just kill the roaches in the middle of the map, at open ground.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
MyBffJill
Profile Joined July 2011
7 Posts
April 25 2012 18:16 GMT
#52
I play random and recently I've been sticking with zerg because I realised I'm losing a lot of games to cheesy timings and wanted to improve. This build seemed great as a random player but now I'm starting to have a harder time with holding off various all ins.

Master level zergs who have a macro style are easy for me to beat with this build, but I actually lose more to diamond players with this build because they tend to overproduce units early on or ling/bane all in.

How do you play against a player who hatches first and then makes a swell of lings. He will have more lings to hold your timing attack but you will have more drones. If he couters when his speed is finished you simply get overrun.

Also I have a very hard time holding 10 pools and anything shorter than that can be an auto lose if the overlords aren't perfect. (but i guess thats just zvz?)
usNEUX
Profile Joined March 2012
United States76 Posts
April 25 2012 21:43 GMT
#53
First 3 games of the day were ZvZ. I won all 3 using this (the opening at least), including beating an early bling all-in off 1 base and 15h early bling.
Unter allem Diebesgesindel sind die Narren die schlimmsten. Sie rauben euch beides, Zeit und Stimmung. - Goethe. NEVER GIVE UP NEVER SURRENDER.
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
April 26 2012 13:51 GMT
#54
On April 26 2012 06:43 usNEUX wrote:
First 3 games of the day were ZvZ. I won all 3 using this (the opening at least), including beating an early bling all-in off 1 base and 15h early bling.

Glad to hear others are having success with the opening too :D Keep it up!
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
mknsri
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom11 Posts
May 08 2012 17:14 GMT
#55
If I cant do damage with the first 2 attacks, I fall into a spot where I can get a 3rd due to not having enough spines and cant attack his roachforce and slowly lose the game from there. How should I transition out of a situation where he gets a big roachball and keeps denying my 3rd?
^_________________________________________^
kAelle_sc
Profile Joined April 2011
287 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-15 11:31:06
May 15 2012 11:28 GMT
#56
hello there, i watched a replay [coL.goswser vs. Liquid`Sheth, Entombed Valley] where Sheth sticks with infestor/ling and techs to and tech-switches between ultras and broods after hive, versus goswser sticking to 3/3 roach/hydra/infestor/corruptor the entire game. i think you'll find it interesting

http://www.teamliquidpro.com/news/2012/05/10/razer-replaypack-of-the-week-34-sheth
It's all about the journey, not the outcome.
Shibbxyz
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom94 Posts
May 15 2012 12:32 GMT
#57
I do the same, but I make 4 lings and 1 drone and put in the gas, with the idea I can get a baneling nest later if i need to play defensive against there lings or faster lair for faster mutas or even faster +1 etc
D4V3Z02
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany693 Posts
May 15 2012 12:54 GMT
#58
And what happens if he roach drops / nydus you?
http://www.twitch.tv/d4v3z02 all your base are belong to overlord
C23
Profile Joined January 2012
5 Posts
June 07 2012 00:00 GMT
#59
Hi I posted a commentary I think something like few months ago saying I would definately test it.

So here I am now reporting:

Tang opener is quite a thing, helped me a lot killing zergs who rushed roaches(even mutas) and a ton of other that just didnt know what to do after 14/14. However if the other player went for super aggressive ling bane early push i often found myself in my base with a shitload of lings morphing while my opponent is making banes out of my base. Well it sure can be handled but the bane advantage opens for the possibility of a 1base all in speedlings + banes.
I may also point the case of a good defence setting from the opponent(defensive baneling, wall ,spine, blocking rampe with queens, earning time for him to get enough lings to push you back not letting you kill his expo), in that very case you find yourself behind in eco. How much? Statisticly from my replays depending on how much lings I did and how much units i forced. But 95% of the time you are behind at this stage letting you vulnerable for a big counter baneling allin.

Well the more I practised the build the more I made adaptations that would be nice to be cheked and discussed.

-My first overlord sees an expo same time/earlier than mine.
->Good spot get the drones from the gas and lets roll. Make an early 4th ovi, id say after the first2 sets to be able to pump full lings.

-No expo
->I keep 3 drones on the gas till 50 start my BN and let 2 drones on gas

-late expo
-> I do the same as no expo but I make 4 drones to have my gas saturated + B1 saturated because he is going for earlier aggression than me. To time well my attack I even make an earlier 4th ovi to go for a big counter to try to KILL his natural.
I usually drone meanwhile but if my all push gets obliterated by 2 banelings(worst case ever), i am almost done for.

-I did damage to the drones
->Nice but, because you are behind in drone count you may just be even depending on how much damage you did which relies a lot on how bad your opponnent reacts.Anyway how good you could be you cant walk a ramp bloked by two queens with10-20 lings while your opponnent is making a lot of lings himself. In a nutshell if your opponnent is sloppy you shall win with a very high ratio of rage-quiters(which makes this opening very tasty btw).

-I didn't do damage
-> Well I'm just platinium player so I can trust that my opponnent may suck at doing something, including droning and making overlords (as I do). If you defend well againt any baneling ling attack, for you both the +1+1speed Roach attack is the best option, so the number of roach and placement will determine who takes a third and who does not. Hi I posted a commentary I think something like few months ago saying I would definately test it.

So here I am now reporting:

Tang opener is quite a thing, helped me a lot killing zergs who rushed roaches(even mutas) and a ton of other that just didnt know what to do after 14/14. However if the other player went for super aggressive ling bane early push i often found myself in my base with a shitload of lings morphing while my opponent is making banes out of my base. Well it sure can be handled but the bane advantage opens for the possibility of a 1base all in speedlings + banes.
I may also point the case of a good defence setting from the opponent(defensive baneling, wall ,spine, blocking rampe with queens, earning time for him to get enough lings to push you back not letting you kill his expo), in that very case you find yourself behind in eco. How much? Statisticly from my replays depending on how much lings I did and how much units i forced. But 95% of the time you are behind at this stage letting you vulnerable for a big counter baneling allin.

Well the more I practised the build the more I made adaptations that would be nice to be cheked and discussed.

-My first overlord sees an expo same time/earlier than mine.
->Good spot get the drones from the gas and lets roll. Make an early 4th ovi, id say after the first2 sets to be able to pump full lings.

-No expo
->I keep 3 drones on the gas till 50 start my BN and let 2 drones on gas

-late expo
-> I do the same as no expo but I make 4 drones to have my gas saturated + B1 saturated because he is going for earlier aggression than me. To time well my attack I even make an earlier 4th ovi to go for a big counter to try to KILL his natural.
I usually drone meanwhile but if my all push gets obliterated by 2 banelings(worst case ever), i am almost done for.

-I did damage to the drones
->Nice but, because you are behind in drone count you may just be even depending on how much damage you did which relies a lot on how bad your opponnent reacts.Anyway how good you could be you cant walk a ramp bloked by two queens with10-20 lings while your opponnent is making a lot of lings himself. In a nutshell if your opponnent is sloppy you shall win with a very high ratio of rage-quiters(which makes this opening very tasty btw).

-I didn't do damage
-> Well I'm just platinium player so I can trust that my opponnent may suck at doing something, including droning and making overlords (as I do). If you defend well againt any baneling ling attack, for you both the +1+1speed Roach attack is the best option, so the number of roach and placement will determine who takes a third and who does not.
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6181
Leta 539
actioN 515
BeSt 507
Jaedong 250
Larva 212
Mong 120
Dewaltoss 103
sorry 101
EffOrt 92
[ Show more ]
Killer 62
scan(afreeca) 61
ToSsGirL 56
sSak 36
Bale 32
Aegong 28
Shinee 28
Free 26
Barracks 24
NotJumperer 21
soO 18
HiyA 16
yabsab 14
Dota 2
XcaliburYe155
Counter-Strike
byalli763
Other Games
summit1g9198
olofmeister1108
Happy332
crisheroes240
Pyrionflax180
KnowMe99
dupreeh45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick668
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1018
• Stunt414
Other Games
• WagamamaTV165
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
15m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1h 15m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 15m
Replay Cast
13h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 1h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
OSC
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.