• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:21
CEST 20:21
KST 03:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10298 users

[D] PvZ Beating Stephano Style Roaches - Page 67

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 69 78 Next
Please have some semblance of an idea of what you're talking about.
Mikelius
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany517 Posts
April 26 2012 17:17 GMT
#1321
On April 26 2012 22:09 Plexa wrote:
Immortals are bad vs this kind of push because you can't get them in the kinds of numbers necessary to roll over the army. For a maxed push you want like 8 immortals or something ridiculous which just isn't practical. Immortals are a great unit to hold vs quick roach pressure when there aren't so many roaches, but that doesn't happen in this build. I find that colossus are worth their weight in gold vs this kind of build. The splash damage you get is simply invaluable. In fact, I have a build which tends to crush the maxed push because you end up with 4 colossus, small ground army and a third base which (with appropriate simcity) rolls over the push because they just don't have the tech to deal with it. Obviously the build has other weaknesses, but for the purposes of defending the push it works.


4 Colossus @ the 12-13 minute mark? How?
Less QQ, more PewPew
Severedevil
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States4839 Posts
April 26 2012 17:19 GMT
#1322
+2 blink stalkers 3 shot lings while +1 immortals ALSO 3 shot lings.

Immortals 2-shot lings, regardless of upgrades, unless the Protoss is +0 and the Zerg is +3.

Stalkers also tend to waste shots due to projectile flight times. I'm of the impression that Prism/Obs/Immortal will serve you better than +2 and Blink.
My strategy is to fork people.
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
April 26 2012 17:21 GMT
#1323
On April 27 2012 02:19 Severedevil wrote:
Show nested quote +
+2 blink stalkers 3 shot lings while +1 immortals ALSO 3 shot lings.

Immortals 2-shot lings, regardless of upgrades, unless the Protoss is +0 and the Zerg is +3.

Stalkers also tend to waste shots due to projectile flight times. I'm of the impression that Prism/Obs/Immortal will serve you better than +2 and Blink.

My bad, truth. Still my point holds.
Moderator
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
April 26 2012 17:24 GMT
#1324
On April 27 2012 02:17 Mikelius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 26 2012 22:09 Plexa wrote:
Immortals are bad vs this kind of push because you can't get them in the kinds of numbers necessary to roll over the army. For a maxed push you want like 8 immortals or something ridiculous which just isn't practical. Immortals are a great unit to hold vs quick roach pressure when there aren't so many roaches, but that doesn't happen in this build. I find that colossus are worth their weight in gold vs this kind of build. The splash damage you get is simply invaluable. In fact, I have a build which tends to crush the maxed push because you end up with 4 colossus, small ground army and a third base which (with appropriate simcity) rolls over the push because they just don't have the tech to deal with it. Obviously the build has other weaknesses, but for the purposes of defending the push it works.


4 Colossus @ the 12-13 minute mark? How?

It's possible, but I don't think it's very good. ~6 min robo is standard off ffe. Robo and robo bay take 65 seconds each. Off the top of my head, colossi take around 80 seconds, with chronoboost around a minute each. So you can have 1 colossi at 9 something, 2 colossi at 10, 3 colossi at 11, etc...
Moderator
TechnoSchaman
Profile Joined October 2010
United States156 Posts
April 26 2012 17:41 GMT
#1325
ive had really good success with the 7-8 minute third, dropping robo and twighlight, chrono boosting blink, +2, and immortals out and placing 3 cannons and just defending at the third. With good forcefields it seems really strong, plus ive had zergs abandon the roach push when they see the third up and running with cannons. they attempt to drop 4th and 5th while you just get the deathball teching to mothership collosus archon.
Watching Axslav and Ranged's streams are turning PvZ into my strongest MU at the moment xD
ishyishy
Profile Joined February 2011
United States826 Posts
April 26 2012 17:48 GMT
#1326
My games vs zerg dont even get to the 12 min mark anymore. These guys stopped taking a fast third base, and just did a roach/ling all in at 7 min and no matter what I did, I always lost. I am forge FE pretty much every time, and I dont see how you can beat this 2 base all in. I tried to make cannons, I think I got 4 of them up before it hit, but it didnt matter; I still got crushed.

How does protoss, doing FFE, beat the 7 min - 7:30 min 2 base roach/ling all in?
Mikelius
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany517 Posts
April 26 2012 17:51 GMT
#1327
On April 27 2012 02:48 ishyishy wrote:
My games vs zerg dont even get to the 12 min mark anymore. These guys stopped taking a fast third base, and just did a roach/ling all in at 7 min and no matter what I did, I always lost. I am forge FE pretty much every time, and I dont see how you can beat this 2 base all in. I tried to make cannons, I think I got 4 of them up before it hit, but it didnt matter; I still got crushed.

How does protoss, doing FFE, beat the 7 min - 7:30 min 2 base roach/ling all in?


Scout for third at 5 minutes, if you don't see one build however cannons sentries you can afford.
Less QQ, more PewPew
SuperYo1000
Profile Joined July 2008
United States880 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-26 17:57:54
April 26 2012 17:57 GMT
#1328
On April 27 2012 02:51 Mikelius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 02:48 ishyishy wrote:
My games vs zerg dont even get to the 12 min mark anymore. These guys stopped taking a fast third base, and just did a roach/ling all in at 7 min and no matter what I did, I always lost. I am forge FE pretty much every time, and I dont see how you can beat this 2 base all in. I tried to make cannons, I think I got 4 of them up before it hit, but it didnt matter; I still got crushed.

How does protoss, doing FFE, beat the 7 min - 7:30 min 2 base roach/ling all in?


Scout for third at 5 minutes, if you don't see one build however cannons sentries you can afford.



exactly...you have to get that scout in...do it however you can even if you have to lose a few units because it can mean a gg for you. I just had this exact thing happen so I dropped 3 more cannons and pumped out sentries + stalkers so i could effectively split at my ramp
Jermstuddog
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2231 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-26 18:24:53
April 26 2012 18:07 GMT
#1329
On April 27 2012 02:21 NrGmonk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 02:19 Severedevil wrote:
+2 blink stalkers 3 shot lings while +1 immortals ALSO 3 shot lings.

Immortals 2-shot lings, regardless of upgrades, unless the Protoss is +0 and the Zerg is +3.

Stalkers also tend to waste shots due to projectile flight times. I'm of the impression that Prism/Obs/Immortal will serve you better than +2 and Blink.

My bad, truth. Still my point holds.


You're also ignoring the fact that you're not making pure immortals and will typically have many, many stalkers surrounding said immortals.

The whole reason I even brought up shot counting Is to show that 1 immortal shot always = exactly 2 stalker shots with the same exact range, CD, cost, supply, everything except missile travel time.

Immortals have a lot wider range for overkill, but are also less likely to do-so due to instant missile speed.

As an end result, its basically a wash for offensive purposes. Immortals and stalkers are basically the same at killing lings.

Now let's look at defense. You want to talk up how good blink is and how much survivability it offers, while I am talking up the fact that you get a free +1 armor on 40 more hp with the immortal and you don't lose any damage output until the whole jig has been worked through, vs stalkers where you lose 1/2 the dos as soon as the first one dies, which is most likely going to occur in 1/2 to 3/4 of the way through an equal amount of hp for the immortal. The only downside really being that there is 20 less total hp and of course, no blink mobility. I consider the defensive differences also a wash.

So... Let me clarify since you're obviously talking about my post.

For the purposes of shooting lings and getting hit by them, immortals are basically equal with stalkers. For purposes of moving between areas to defend, stalkers will be better due to their move speed and blink. For the purposes of shooting roaches and getting hit, immortals are about 2x as cost-effective as an equal investment in stalkers.

Therefore, any army that has a decent number of roaches in it should be countered with an army including immortals (not INSTEAD OF stalkers, but in addition to).

Quite a simple premise.
As it turns out, marines don't actually cost any money -Jinro
Heh_
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Singapore2712 Posts
April 26 2012 18:18 GMT
#1330
On April 27 2012 03:07 Jermstuddog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 02:21 NrGmonk wrote:
On April 27 2012 02:19 Severedevil wrote:
+2 blink stalkers 3 shot lings while +1 immortals ALSO 3 shot lings.

Immortals 2-shot lings, regardless of upgrades, unless the Protoss is +0 and the Zerg is +3.

Stalkers also tend to waste shots due to projectile flight times. I'm of the impression that Prism/Obs/Immortal will serve you better than +2 and Blink.

My bad, truth. Still my point holds.


You're also ignoring the fact that you're not making pure immortals and will typically have many, many stalkers surrounding said immortals.

The whole reason I even brought up shot counting Is to show that 1 immortal shot always = exactly 2 stalker shots with the same exact range, CD, cost, supply, everything except missile travel time.

Immortals have a lot wider range for overkill, but are also less likely to do-so due to instant missile speed.

As an end result, its basically a wash for offensive purposes. Immortals and stalkers are basically the same at killing lings.

Now let's look at defense. You want to talk up how good blink is and how much survivability it offers, while I am talking up the fact that you get a free +1 armor on 40 more hp with the immortal and you don't lose any damage output until the whole jig has been worked through, vs stalkers where you lose 1/2 the dos as soon as the first one dies, which is most likely going to occur in 1/2 to 3/4 of the way through an equal amount of hp for the immortal. The only downside really being that there is 20 less total hp and of course, no blink mobility. I consider the defensive differences also a wash.

So... Let me clarify since you're obviously talking about my post.

For the purposes of shooting lings and getting hit by them, immortals are basically equal with stalkers. For purposes of loving between areas to defend, stalkers will be better due to their move speed and blink. For the purposes of shooting roaches and getting hit, immortals are about 2x as cost-effective as an equal investment in stalkers.

Therefore, any army that has a decent number of roaches in it should be countered with an army including immortals (not INSTEAD OF stalkers, but in addition to).

Quite a simple premise.

Truth is, neither stalkers nor immortals are particularly good against lings. In small numbers, lings easily overpower stalkers. The reason large blink stalker balls can deal with lings is because the weak ones get constantly blinked backwards. Immortals lack blink, and move slower than stalkers. So, if your simcity is broken, immortals are weaker because they simply die instead of blinking backward even though both units are equally inefficient at killing lings.

Also, a warp gate builds two stalkers at the same rate as the robo builds an immortal. Warp gates are cheaper, do not cost gas, and are easily massed.
=Þ
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-26 18:31:03
April 26 2012 18:25 GMT
#1331
On April 27 2012 03:07 Jermstuddog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 02:21 NrGmonk wrote:
On April 27 2012 02:19 Severedevil wrote:
+2 blink stalkers 3 shot lings while +1 immortals ALSO 3 shot lings.

Immortals 2-shot lings, regardless of upgrades, unless the Protoss is +0 and the Zerg is +3.

Stalkers also tend to waste shots due to projectile flight times. I'm of the impression that Prism/Obs/Immortal will serve you better than +2 and Blink.

My bad, truth. Still my point holds.


You're also ignoring the fact that you're not making pure immortals and will typically have many, many stalkers surrounding said immortals.

The whole reason I even brought up shot counting Is to show that 1 immortal shot always = exactly 2 stalker shots with the same exact range, CD, cost, supply, everything except missile travel time.

Immortals have a lot wider range for overkill, but are also less likely to do-so due to instant missile speed.

As an end result, its basically a wash for offensive purposes. Immortals and stalkers are basically the same at killing lings.

Now let's look at defense. You want to talk up how good blink is and how much survivability it offers, while I am talking up the fact that you get a free +1 armor on 40 more hp with the immortal and you don't lose any damage output until the whole jig has been worked through, vs stalkers where you lose 1/2 the dos as soon as the first one dies, which is most likely going to occur in 1/2 to 3/4 of the way through an equal amount of hp for the immortal. The only downside really being that there is 20 less total hp and of course, no blink mobility. I consider the defensive differences also a wash.

So... Let me clarify since you're obviously talking about my post.

For the purposes of shooting lings and getting hit by them, immortals are basically equal with stalkers. For purposes of loving between areas to defend, stalkers will be better due to their move speed and blink. For the purposes of shooting roaches and getting hit, immortals are about 2x as cost-effective as an equal investment in stalkers.

Therefore, any army that has a decent number of roaches in it should be countered with an army including immortals (not INSTEAD OF stalkers, but in addition to).

Quite a simple premise.

The advantages of immortals over stalkers are obvious. I'm just trying to explain the other side of the argument, clearly outlining the advantages of +2 blink stalker/sentry vs +1/1 stalker/immortal/sentry.

I think you might be missing a big point of this argument in that no one's saying not to get immortals; mostly everyone agrees you eventually get immortals versus mass roach spam. Rather, they're arguing the TIMING in which to get immortals. For example, with fast third builds, you have the choice of shooting for +2 and blink first then robo or robo first then +2/blink. Or you could get both around the same time. That's the crux of the argument. It's a somewhat small but significant tradeoff; one ends you with faster +3 and blink by the time you defend and the other gets you 1-2 more immortals by the time roaches stream in.

No QQ from anyone in the last few pages imo. I was actually replying more towards Mark's post, which was more abrasive, rather than your post.

edit: Personally, I'd like to downplay this argument and say that I think sentry/simcity/cannon defense is more important than immortals or +2/blink.
Moderator
Jermstuddog
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2231 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-26 18:44:04
April 26 2012 18:29 GMT
#1332
@Heh_

I agree that you're not building either to "counter" the lings, but you likely already have the robo so there is no additional investment to make one.

I have not advocated immortals instead of stalkers by any means, I am just squelching the argument that immortals are somehow the worst possible thing you could build if your opponent includes lings in his army. Like they somehow immediately make immortals useless.

I am simply saying that including lings is not a reason to stop making immortals. The only concern that should be influencing your immortal production is "does he have roaches?". If yes, then you want immortals. If no, then you don't. Lings are not the important detail here, roaches are.

Edit: considering the way monk puts it, I guess building a robo or not could be an issue depending on your build. No, I wouldn't build a robo while the attack is under way. I personally prefer robo to a faster +3 from a strategically POV as it has a lot more options available and +3 doesn't have nearly the same impact on PvZ as +2 does. As far as immortals vs blink/+2 I guess that's up to you. I don't see many immortal rushes these days so I wasn't really considering that. Not having blink when Mutas hit can be game ending where as having earlier immortals is nice, but not THAT nice...
As it turns out, marines don't actually cost any money -Jinro
KhAmun
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1005 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-26 18:33:53
April 26 2012 18:33 GMT
#1333
On April 27 2012 02:51 Mikelius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 02:48 ishyishy wrote:
My games vs zerg dont even get to the 12 min mark anymore. These guys stopped taking a fast third base, and just did a roach/ling all in at 7 min and no matter what I did, I always lost. I am forge FE pretty much every time, and I dont see how you can beat this 2 base all in. I tried to make cannons, I think I got 4 of them up before it hit, but it didnt matter; I still got crushed.

How does protoss, doing FFE, beat the 7 min - 7:30 min 2 base roach/ling all in?


Scout for third at 5 minutes, if you don't see one build however cannons sentries you can afford.


Uhhh just scouting for a third is not sufficient information to spam cannons and sentries.
What if you build 6 cannons and the person is going fast muta? 6 cannons all at your front delaying gateways, and probably a probe cut if you're in super defense mode is not a good idea.

Instead, scout for a third, and if there isn't one, chrono boost out two zealots and send them straight into his main base.
If it's a hatch cancel/1base roach you'll see the units mid map, and if your zealots get to his base you'll obviously know what's going on.

EDIT: I apologize for being off topic.
Mikelius
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany517 Posts
April 26 2012 18:47 GMT
#1334
On April 27 2012 03:33 KhAmun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2012 02:51 Mikelius wrote:
On April 27 2012 02:48 ishyishy wrote:
My games vs zerg dont even get to the 12 min mark anymore. These guys stopped taking a fast third base, and just did a roach/ling all in at 7 min and no matter what I did, I always lost. I am forge FE pretty much every time, and I dont see how you can beat this 2 base all in. I tried to make cannons, I think I got 4 of them up before it hit, but it didnt matter; I still got crushed.

How does protoss, doing FFE, beat the 7 min - 7:30 min 2 base roach/ling all in?


Scout for third at 5 minutes, if you don't see one build however cannons sentries you can afford.


Uhhh just scouting for a third is not sufficient information to spam cannons and sentries.
What if you build 6 cannons and the person is going fast muta? 6 cannons all at your front delaying gateways, and probably a probe cut if you're in super defense mode is not a good idea.

Instead, scout for a third, and if there isn't one, chrono boost out two zealots and send them straight into his main base.
If it's a hatch cancel/1base roach you'll see the units mid map, and if your zealots get to his base you'll obviously know what's going on.

EDIT: I apologize for being off topic.


You really never need more than 3-4 cannons, and if you don't see anything by 7 mins and still no third then you can 6 or 7 gate before the mutas hit.
Less QQ, more PewPew
Nyast
Profile Joined November 2010
Belgium554 Posts
April 26 2012 18:49 GMT
#1335
One thing you have to take into account too is that immortals are only good versus roaches. If Zerg mixes hydras to his roach push, you're in a hell of trouble if you went heavy immortals sentries

My idea at the moment is to play as greedy as possible. Taking a fast third around the 6-7' mark is very good, now what about rushing for colossi at the same time ? You'll get 2-3 colossi out by the 11' mark, so there are a few scenarios possible:

- Zerg sacrifies his eco to punish your third as fast as possible and goes for an early lings/roach bust, let's say at 9-10'. You won't be able to hold it ( save all the probes and don't lose your army ), but if you're going for colossi at the same time, you can counter with a colossi timing push a few minutes later, and he'll be in a hell of trouble since he'll have a delayed eco and tech, right ?

- Zerg delayed his roach push and threatens your third around the 11-12' mark. You may or may not be able to hold it with 2-3 colossi ( anybody's got experience with that ? )

- Zerg abandons the idea to punish your third, you'll be in a very decent shape: insane eco and fast colossus tech, you'll also have a fast obs to scout any muta transition to adapt..
Heh_
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Singapore2712 Posts
April 26 2012 18:51 GMT
#1336
On April 27 2012 03:29 Jermstuddog wrote:
@Heh_

I agree that you're not building either to "counter" the lings, but you likely already have the robo so there is no additional investment to make one.

I have not advocated immortals instead of stalkers by any means, I am just squelching the argument that immortals are somehow the worst possible thing you could build if your opponent includes lings in his army. Like they somehow immediately make immortals useless.

I am simply saying that including lings is not a reason to stop making immortals. The only concern that should be influencing your immortal production is "does he have roaches?". If yes, then you want immortals. If no, then you don't. Lings are not the important detail here, roaches are.

Edit: considering the way monk puts it, I guess building a robo or not could be an issue depending on your build. No, I wouldn't build a robo while the attack is under way. I personally prefer robo to a faster +3 from a strategically POV as it has a lot more options available and +3 doesn't have nearly the same impact on PvZ as +2 does. As far as immortals vs blink/+2 I guess that's up to you. I don't see many immortal rushes these days so I wasn't really considering that. Not having blink when Mutas hit can be game ending where as having earlier immortals is nice, but not THAT nice...

Yes, it's true that there's no real reason to pump out immortals if your robo is already there. But the main point that Monk and kcdc was driving at was that immortals are not the magic solution to this strategy that some people are making it out to be. They're good vs roaches yes, but their effectiveness is reduced (not eliminated) by lings. This is a good point to raise against the double robo builds, that pop up about once every three pages.
=Þ
Nyast
Profile Joined November 2010
Belgium554 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-26 19:39:27
April 26 2012 19:38 GMT
#1337
Ranged just lost to Hyun with this fast third build in the Playhem. He got roach/lings busted at the 10' mark on Antiga despite his "special walloff", and couldn't hold even with decent FF. Blink wasn't even finished yet
kcdc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2311 Posts
April 26 2012 19:48 GMT
#1338
Blink makes stalkers about 1,000,000x better for defending zerglings than immortals unless you have an abundance of forcefields. With blink stalkers, it takes a long time to kill lings, but you blink row after row back into more and more narrow spaces and the lings end up only doing shield damage. Immortals don't blink, so they die.

If immortals could blink, they'd be really good against this push. But they can't, so whether they're more cost-effective than stalkers against the Stephano push is really situational. They're definitely not a magic solution like a lot of people imagine them to be.
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
April 26 2012 19:54 GMT
#1339
On April 27 2012 04:48 kcdc wrote:
Blink makes stalkers about 1,000,000x better for defending zerglings than immortals unless you have an abundance of forcefields. With blink stalkers, it takes a long time to kill lings, but you blink row after row back into more and more narrow spaces and the lings end up only doing shield damage. Immortals don't blink, so they die.

If immortals could blink, they'd be really good against this push. But they can't, so whether they're more cost-effective than stalkers against the Stephano push is really situational. They're definitely not a magic solution like a lot of people imagine them to be.

Most people rely on sentries rather than blink stalkers or immortals vs lings. Stephano himself has said that lots of sentries is the key to defending.
Moderator
RaNgeD
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States733 Posts
April 26 2012 22:36 GMT
#1340
On April 27 2012 04:38 Nyast wrote:
Ranged just lost to Hyun with this fast third build in the Playhem. He got roach/lings busted at the 10' mark on Antiga despite his "special walloff", and couldn't hold even with decent FF. Blink wasn't even finished yet


Just as a side note, I made quite a few mistakes in that game, the biggest being that I let 2 lings in my base at like 5 minutes, and he got 4 probe kills + lost mining time.. I was also distracted during that time so i started my +1 late, thus my +2 was late, everything was a little late. So yeah. I didn't hold, but that doesn't mean the build doesn't work. In high level games, a lot of the times it comes down to whoever makes the least mistakes, and in this particular instance, all of the small mistakes equated into a loss for me.
Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. 1 Corinthians 13:7
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 69 78 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 733
IntoTheiNu 499
SteadfastSC486
EnkiAlexander 90
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 486
UpATreeSC 160
BRAT_OK 56
PtitDrogo 42
JuggernautJason40
MindelVK 20
Codebar 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35718
Soulkey 296
BeSt 235
Dewaltoss 106
Liquid`Ret 68
Mind 47
Trap 29
Killer 29
ToSsGirL 22
Shine 15
Dota 2
Dendi1053
qojqva868
Counter-Strike
fl0m1135
Fnx 729
shoxiejesuss386
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King95
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2655
Khaldor1784
Liquid`Hasu610
Other Games
Grubby3557
ArmadaUGS1596
ceh9573
B2W.Neo542
byalli464
KnowMe149
C9.Mang0146
QueenE90
Chillindude52
Trikslyr45
Railgan22
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 5
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• blackmanpl 18
• FirePhoenix14
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade960
Other Games
• imaqtpie984
• Scarra370
• Shiphtur255
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 40m
OSC
18h 40m
Stellar Fest
18h 40m
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 18h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.