• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:30
CEST 11:30
KST 18:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9559 users

[G] Hyper-Aggressive TvZ: Improving Mechanics - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
November 25 2011 22:18 GMT
#21
On November 26 2011 02:58 sexdemon wrote:
Very good. I say make a Protoss version because it feels Protoss lacking..

and I have a very aggressive protoss style similar to this, macro and timing pushes, but it focuses more on harassment than anything else(warp prism) to help you shoot out an expansion.

If you'd like to elaborate more on that concept in my stream thread (http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=286050), I'll consider writing a thread or doing a 45min tutorial on aggressive protoss. Doing warp prism harass before an expansion is something I've seen but never tried myself. Kiwikaki went colossus / warp prism with speed to harass me and it was surprisingly effective.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
leecx
Profile Joined September 2010
Singapore41 Posts
November 27 2011 17:56 GMT
#22
Good build is good. I've played 8 games or so with this build and when I lose it's only because i fail at macroing or microing.

Would really like moar replays though, seems like I don't deal with banelings that well and I wanna see how you'd handle it.
no u
forevernerdy
Profile Joined October 2011
England31 Posts
November 27 2011 19:04 GMT
#23
its been workin for me :D ill save some replays
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
November 28 2011 20:21 GMT
#24
On November 28 2011 02:56 leecx wrote:
Good build is good. I've played 8 games or so with this build and when I lose it's only because i fail at macroing or microing.

Would really like moar replays though, seems like I don't deal with banelings that well and I wanna see how you'd handle it.

Yes it's harder to beat players who make a lot of lings and banelings, but your 2 banshees should kill a lot as long as he doesn't get an early scout of the starport. They'll typically only have 2-3 queens (which are spread between the bases) so your banshees can take them out and go to town on the workers. Also, hopefully you supply block them with your viking and they can't make as many lings as they would like.
In terms of dealing with ling baneling, it comes down to your control and your multitasking. You need to split marines, spread them out, pull them behind tanks when banelings get close - all while keeping steady production / timings back at home.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
leecx
Profile Joined September 2010
Singapore41 Posts
November 29 2011 11:10 GMT
#25
OK gonna try that new trick with the queensnipe soon. I find that in this case being a noob zerg actually helps him because he will overproduce on units and NOT spread overlords so I can't supply block him and his mass ling/bling/lolwut will just own my stuff.

You might want to add a section about Tal'darim Altar natural cliff abuse, that shit is really effective at breaking zerg naturals. Even if he somehow manages to take you out before the hatch falls, you will take out an extractor and prevent him from going mass mass MASS(FFFUUUU-) mutas, which makes his counterattack that much weaker.
no u
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
November 29 2011 14:38 GMT
#26
Yeah you want to take advantage of cliffs as much as possible, you could consider going 1 banshee 1 medivac and doing elevator tactics as well.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
RamonMcGrady
Profile Joined July 2011
33 Posts
November 30 2011 05:37 GMT
#27
Tang, i think you should consider watching some ST_RainBOw, as he usually uses a strat very similar to this one on his stream. It has the scouting, the hellion push, the banshee, the transition -> usually into mech, which can be a valid variation.

It can help add some replays to the thread. Keep it up, very good work I may add.
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
November 30 2011 20:30 GMT
#28
On November 30 2011 14:37 RamonMcGrady wrote:
Tang, i think you should consider watching some ST_RainBOw, as he usually uses a strat very similar to this one on his stream. It has the scouting, the hellion push, the banshee, the transition -> usually into mech, which can be a valid variation.

It can help add some replays to the thread. Keep it up, very good work I may add.

Thanks for the advice Ramon, I'll look for a few of his games - do you have a link, in particular with the mech transition you suggest?
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
spacebob42
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States78 Posts
November 30 2011 20:47 GMT
#29
You should be able to determine if zerg is planning to be aggressive with your hellion/ling push - at which point


your hellion/ling push


Hellion/ling sounds like a gosu composition - not sure how you'd get it.

Joking aside, this seems like a really good build. As another poster said, I, too, have found that building micro-intensive units makes my mechanics much more efficient. You learn to take less time to macro/build supply when you need to keep attention on a fragile unit or unit composition.
Go big or go home.
13JackaL
Profile Joined March 2011
United States577 Posts
December 01 2011 00:23 GMT
#30
ive played with this build a couple times just now and i gotta say, i thought it seemed a little allinish in theory, but after playing it, it felt awesome. its way easier to be aggressive when you specifically plan out each push and lead with a solid 1-base attack.
and my axe
iAmJeffReY
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4262 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-01 03:03:38
December 01 2011 02:46 GMT
#31
1-1-1 can be done in many ways. I always opt for the hellion marine blue flame double medic drop/elevator with a quick 2 vikings into cloakshees.

Late late late late late expo. However, it does greeeeeeeeeeeeat damage. Here's a random example of a game vs 650 or something masters on my friends name (im a troll smurf)
[image loading]
Unbiased biased terran abuser Jeffrey. Sorry for the rage, friend!
NoisyNinja
Profile Joined February 2011
United States991 Posts
December 01 2011 03:12 GMT
#32
Hmm...Now to commit all of this to memory and roflstomp every Zerg on ladder when I get Terran because I now know how to set up, execute, and kill with proper marine tank after a fun opening.
boboyo
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia63 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-01 07:18:03
December 01 2011 07:11 GMT
#33
doesn't mass speedling just crush the push at 8:00? Even if not, you give 5 mins to let the zerg do whatever he wants before you push again at 13:00? I'd hardly call that hyperaggressive.

edit: I tried this build twice on ladder because you obviously a lot of thought into the guide, so I was hoping it would work, but I got crushed by mass speedling as i suspected. Perhaps metal was not a good map to do it on, it's too easy to flank.

my point about 5 min in between attacks being way too long still holds though. And it's not like you can just push earlier; there is just no way you can produce enough to be threatening because of how late your expansion and production buildings get up.
justin.tv/bobobop
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
December 01 2011 18:36 GMT
#34
On December 01 2011 16:11 boboyo wrote:
doesn't mass speedling just crush the push at 8:00? Even if not, you give 5 mins to let the zerg do whatever he wants before you push again at 13:00? I'd hardly call that hyperaggressive.


In theory, you can skip seige tech and just rally your 1/1/1 starting at 5minutes and just constantly attack all game. The 8-minute push is a time when most zerg don't have adequate defenses to cost-effectively deal with banshee/tank/marine. If he's massing that many lings, he won't have a 3rd base and you should be able to scout his ling count with vikings/banshee or that hellion from earlier. If he's massing crazy amounts of units to the point where you don't think you can do damage with the 8minute push, just use the units defensively with seige tech and expand and do a slightly later push (before 13minutes)
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
NoisyNinja
Profile Joined February 2011
United States991 Posts
December 01 2011 23:42 GMT
#35
Bump for greatness.
Tried the build on ladder today (in a team game with a useless partner). Worked pretty well. I think this build is worth a shot in all match ups because of the versatility of marines and banshees and the tank damage.
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
December 02 2011 14:10 GMT
#36
On December 02 2011 08:42 NoisyNinja wrote:
Tried the build on ladder today (in a team game with a useless partner). Worked pretty well. I think this build is worth a shot in all match ups because of the versatility of marines and banshees and the tank damage.

It's definitely viable in all match ups, though you need vikings in TvT. It's actually great in team games if you can convince your ally to do an 8minute push with you, and you may need a bunker if they go for some sort of bust.
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
RamonMcGrady
Profile Joined July 2011
33 Posts
December 04 2011 14:04 GMT
#37
On December 01 2011 05:30 TangSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2011 14:37 RamonMcGrady wrote:
Tang, i think you should consider watching some ST_RainBOw, as he usually uses a strat very similar to this one on his stream. It has the scouting, the hellion push, the banshee, the transition -> usually into mech, which can be a valid variation.

It can help add some replays to the thread. Keep it up, very good work I may add.

Thanks for the advice Ramon, I'll look for a few of his games - do you have a link, in particular with the mech transition you suggest?


Let me search for a little bit on his VOD's and as soon as I have an especific, very informative game to show of his, or maybe a couple, i'll make sure to get you the link.
leecx
Profile Joined September 2010
Singapore41 Posts
December 04 2011 14:45 GMT
#38
I have really horrible judgement on whether or not to hit him at 8 minutes >.>. By the way, what's the order of adding buildings after the push? (transition). I've been doing rax-bay-rax but it still seems like there's a very long period of time where only one marine is produced per cycle (VERY VERY VULNERABLE). What always happens to me is after I kill the natural I gtfo and run back to base, but they tend to chase me with lings and the marines without stim cant kill the mass mass zerglings (just produced) very quickly so I end up pushing with a half sized army at 13 (which generally gets raped). I don't see any window to expand before 13 so I usually expand at 13, which is already later than the zerg, but after they crush my army I can't defend it. In this kind of situation would it be better just to sit in base and turtle or sneak a ninja expo? I find that if I get past this stage of the game I'm generally fine.
no u
TangSC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada1866 Posts
December 04 2011 16:12 GMT
#39
On December 04 2011 23:45 leecx wrote:
I have really horrible judgement on whether or not to hit him at 8 minutes >.>. By the way, what's the order of adding buildings after the push? (transition). I've been doing rax-bay-rax but it still seems like there's a very long period of time where only one marine is produced per cycle (VERY VERY VULNERABLE). What always happens to me is after I kill the natural I gtfo and run back to base, but they tend to chase me with lings and the marines without stim cant kill the mass mass zerglings (just produced) very quickly so I end up pushing with a half sized army at 13 (which generally gets raped). I don't see any window to expand before 13 so I usually expand at 13, which is already later than the zerg, but after they crush my army I can't defend it. In this kind of situation would it be better just to sit in base and turtle or sneak a ninja expo? I find that if I get past this stage of the game I'm generally fine.

Well if you're feeling vulnerable after the push, or you scout he's making a lot of lings, just stay with 1/1/1 and get bunkers at your expansion. Marines/bunkers/1-2 banshees and a few tanks will hold any ground pushes from zerg and if you've killed their hatch and your expansion is up, you're MILES ahead and just need to not die. Maybe just add an engi bay and 2 barracks and switch the starport with the first barracks (so you can double produce medivacs and get stim).
Coaching www.allin-academy.com | Team www.All-Inspiration.com
forevernerdy
Profile Joined October 2011
England31 Posts
December 05 2011 02:51 GMT
#40
OMG i'm starting to love this build LOL i do it in all matchups just use different air units and its been a lot of fun. i actually like getting 1 medivac instead of banshee so if zerg gets this giant ground army i can lift off 2 of my tanks or my marines and save them...or do some drop harass after the push,etc.
almost never die to counter attacks, the push always seems to kill enough to at least keep zerg ont he back foot and the games ive lost have been to playrs who go fast mutas, but thats only cuz i get a very late engi bay and messed up on scouting and harassing.
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
firebathero 2276
Bisu 470
Hyuk 422
Killer 105
Dewaltoss 94
Larva 91
Leta 80
Sexy 78
EffOrt 76
Soma 68
[ Show more ]
ZerO 62
Light 49
ToSsGirL 47
soO 41
Yoon 34
Sharp 34
Aegong 28
Sacsri 22
Bale 20
NaDa 16
Hm[arnc] 15
sorry 14
Shinee 13
JulyZerg 10
Rush 8
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Fuzer 135
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1111
byalli779
kRYSTAL_31
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1056
crisheroes554
Other Games
gofns30060
singsing1473
olofmeister999
ceh9659
Mew2King86
ArmadaUGS51
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream176
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2389
League of Legends
• Stunt404
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
3h 30m
OSC
12h 30m
CranKy Ducklings
1d
Online Event
1d 1h
FEL
1d 6h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.