• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:04
CEST 21:04
KST 04:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8171 users

The Terran Help Me Thread - Page 133

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 131 132 133 134 135 460 Next
Make sure you read the OP before asking a question. Asking a question already addressed in the OP will result in moderation action. Also, please put some effort into your questions.
kranten
Profile Joined January 2012
Netherlands236 Posts
January 25 2012 22:35 GMT
#2641
Hey guys, I'm having problems in TvP too. (silver)

Replay

These are my notes/questions:

I felt like my macro went kind of OK. (Still bad, but the first 10 minutes have improved), made 39 (I think) SCVs before the 10 minute mark and 66 at like 16 minutes.

I should've gotten 10 more scvs when I took my third (had 66 before he killed my bases) We had about equal supply but I had 14 more SCVs. Did I spend too much on production facilities? How is this possible?

I should have had vikings when he engaged, the three colosssus had almost 50 kills before they died (I feel like this was the reason I lost so much army), but how do I find out how many/when he has colossus? I already scanned a lot to find what tech path he was going, I'd have to use alot more to find his army.
I guess I should've made vikings as soon as I saw the robotics facility.

Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 25 2012 23:49 GMT
#2642
TvP is so depressing.
Today for me was a day wree i wanted to try out a bit of Polt 2rax pressure build.

Killed the nexus every game with it.
Got killed by the all in following it up by protoss.

Damned. Being greedy with bunker defense is sure a bad thing to do..
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
zhurai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States5660 Posts
January 26 2012 06:33 GMT
#2643
how do you deal with planetary fortresses+scvs mass repairing it in TvT (with turrets around it)? o.O
I know it's like tanks or something, but I had like 5 tanks and he kept on repairing it (I even had my marines shoot at it but it still didn't die ._.)
Twitter: @zhurai | Site: http://zhurai.com
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
January 26 2012 06:35 GMT
#2644
On January 26 2012 15:33 zhurai wrote:
how do you deal with planetary fortresses+scvs mass repairing it in TvT (with turrets around it)? o.O
I know it's like tanks or something, but I had like 5 tanks and he kept on repairing it (I even had my marines shoot at it but it still didn't die ._.)


Aim your tanks at the scvs if he's using them to repair, eventually he'll run out of scvs and you can kill the planetary with ease.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
fatguyallen
Profile Joined March 2009
Romania75 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-26 07:53:05
January 26 2012 07:52 GMT
#2645
Hi there, gold level terran here, just switched from zerg.

I find that my TvP sucks big time. I always try gaseless expand in this MU, but i get my ass handed to me everytime by 1 basers. Then again, if i reach late game, i get my ass handed to me by 200/200 toss army with insta reinforcements.

This is a replay in which i died to a 1 base while doing the 1 rax FE. My opponent wasn't top notch as you can see, so i guess i suck even more that i lost here. What could i have done better ? I survive the first attack, yet after that on the 2nd all in he does i roll over and die. It even seems that supply wise i was behind him most of the time, shouldn't a 2 base boom ahead after some time ?

http://drop.sc/98393
VoO
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany278 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-26 08:41:12
January 26 2012 08:28 GMT
#2646
On January 26 2012 16:52 fatguyallen wrote:
Hi there, gold level terran here, just switched from zerg.

I find that my TvP sucks big time. I always try gaseless expand in this MU, but i get my ass handed to me everytime by 1 basers. Then again, if i reach late game, i get my ass handed to me by 200/200 toss army with insta reinforcements.

This is a replay in which i died to a 1 base while doing the 1 rax FE. My opponent wasn't top notch as you can see, so i guess i suck even more that i lost here. What could i have done better ? I survive the first attack, yet after that on the 2nd all in he does i roll over and die. It even seems that supply wise i was behind him most of the time, shouldn't a 2 base boom ahead after some time ?

http://drop.sc/98393


I have a theory that 1v1 maps favour cheese and all-ins, so I veto them.

Writing as I watch:

1. Wanna know a little neat trick for 1 rax FE? Wallof. Take your 13th probe and start a supply depot until it has orange health and then stop the construction and return to mining. Probe harass is so annoying and it helps against proxy gate cheese.

2. Second thing: You build the bunker with the first produced SCV after the CC. Arid is broken as fuck, so there is no real good bunker placement, another reason to veto. No need in your case, but pure 4-5 gate would have killed you.

3. Keep your scouting SCV near the base and do a second scout at 5:00-5:30, you will see the 4gate and throw down 2 additional bunkers.

4. Shells first is useless, except against blink stalker all-in.

5. Arid sucks

You could have pulled everything I guess, but you need to work on refining the build i.e. addons, constant worker production, spending money but that is normal for a gold player. Basically, it is the old song: "If you have a constant worker production, you have a more constant army production". Too many idle rax, no addons. You are on a good way. If there would've been only one access way you would have stomped him, only one sentry. Keep in mind that you need 3-4 SCVs in front and behind the bunkers at an immortal bust. Take this, it's dangerous to go alone.
♥ 김택용 ♥Casual Dwarf Fortress Progamer
ThaSlayer
Profile Joined March 2011
707 Posts
January 26 2012 09:35 GMT
#2647
I have been doing a gas first -> early blue flame build in all my T v Ts. (Picked up from Korean streams)
I have had some success with this build but I do not fully understand it.
Can someone kindly go through some of the strengths and weaknesses of getting early blue flame so that I can maximise its power? Thanks!
iAmJeffReY
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4262 Posts
January 26 2012 10:54 GMT
#2648
4. Shells first is useless, except against blink stalker all-in.

...no it's not. It's quick, and helps you, with micro, take out units in the mid field with marauders in toe.
Unbiased biased terran abuser Jeffrey. Sorry for the rage, friend!
-Debaser-
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States329 Posts
January 26 2012 11:06 GMT
#2649
My worst matchup by far is TvZ. Can anyone recommend a few solid builds that can transition to lategame for TvZ? I like fast expands and winning midgame the most.
TL+ Member
VoO
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany278 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-26 12:19:41
January 26 2012 11:24 GMT
#2650
On January 26 2012 19:54 iAmJeffReY wrote:
Show nested quote +
4. Shells first is useless, except against blink stalker all-in.

...no it's not. It's quick, and helps you, with micro, take out units in the mid field with marauders in toe.


Yes, I agree. It is not useless if it suits you. But I prefer stim first after a 1 rax FE and I have never seen a Korean progamer taking shells first.


On January 26 2012 20:06 ayrsen wrote:
My worst matchup by far is TvZ. Can anyone recommend a few solid builds that can transition to lategame for TvZ? I like fast expands and winning midgame the most.


Have you tried Bomber's TvZ [1] [2], which is super macro heavy or the more standardesque Thorzain 15 Gas, late Hellion Expand [1][2]?
♥ 김택용 ♥Casual Dwarf Fortress Progamer
Ziken
Profile Joined August 2010
Ghana1743 Posts
January 26 2012 11:57 GMT
#2651
Guys, any tips on how to deal with these two specific protoss allins. The 3 gate robot immortal bust, and blink stalker allins. Specifically on maps that have a huge natural, (taldarim altar and antiga shipyard. I find that I'm not able to cover enough surface area with bunkers, and end up falling really behind or dying outright. Also, these allins do no hit me blindly. I scout that the toss is not expanding, and sometimes I'm even able to scout the robo/twilight council, I still am not able to hold. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I posted this a few pages ago, but it was at the bottom so I think it was missed.
Every misfortune is a blessing in disguise.
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 26 2012 12:15 GMT
#2652
On January 26 2012 20:57 Ziken wrote:
Guys, any tips on how to deal with these two specific protoss allins. The 3 gate robot immortal bust, and blink stalker allins. Specifically on maps that have a huge natural, (taldarim altar and antiga shipyard. I find that I'm not able to cover enough surface area with bunkers, and end up falling really behind or dying outright. Also, these allins do no hit me blindly. I scout that the toss is not expanding, and sometimes I'm even able to scout the robo/twilight council, I still am not able to hold. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I posted this a few pages ago, but it was at the bottom so I think it was missed.


I think the key is pulling scv in time for repairing bunkers.
Don't hesitate to keybind like 8/10 scv , and let 5 or 6 near the bunker at all time if you know toss is having a worse economy than you. You're still be ahead in economy.

I'm still dying a lot to these all in too, so any if any people have a more specific advice.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
DangerAl
Profile Joined January 2012
Australia88 Posts
January 26 2012 13:30 GMT
#2653
When facing a protoss army with immortals in it, should I focus fire them down with my whole army, or just with my marines?
theFatty
Profile Joined November 2011
Singapore12 Posts
January 26 2012 14:46 GMT
#2654
hey guys

need some help regardng tvz...im diamond terran..much appreciated


http://www.sc2sea.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=710

http://www.sc2sea.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=710
Aron Times
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States312 Posts
January 26 2012 17:10 GMT
#2655
Hello Team Liquid!

I haven't played Starcraft in several months, with my last game before yesterday on October 24, 2011, and the last time I played multiple games in a day was on September 8, 2011. I was a Diamond-level player back then, and I suspect that once I'm done with my placement matches, I will be placed in a much lower league.

I played Terran near release, switching to Random after about a month of playing. I then switched back to Terran in 2011, and I'm still playing Terran right now. I'm thinking of going back to Random for the nerd cred, but since this is a Terran thread, I'll focus mostly on Terran stuff.

Which openings would you suggest for a returning player who knows the basics but whose micro and macro have atrophied from playing only turn-based games since September? As Terran, my weakest matchup seems to be TvT, as a quick expansion just doesn't work except on the largest maps. For TvP, I usually go 1/1/1 or reaper expand to put some pressure on the enemy, while I usually go for 2rax bunker rush into expand for Zerg.

Note that these are the builds I used back in September, the last time I played regularly. Are these builds still viable, or should I be looking at other ways to crush the opposition?

Thanks in advance for your replies! ♥
"The drums! The drums! The drums! The neverending drumbeat! Open me, you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!"
zhurai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States5660 Posts
January 26 2012 18:23 GMT
#2656
On January 26 2012 20:24 VoO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2012 19:54 iAmJeffReY wrote:
4. Shells first is useless, except against blink stalker all-in.

...no it's not. It's quick, and helps you, with micro, take out units in the mid field with marauders in toe.


Yes, I agree. It is not useless if it suits you. But I prefer stim first after a 1 rax FE and I have never seen a Korean progamer taking shells first.


Show nested quote +
On January 26 2012 20:06 ayrsen wrote:
My worst matchup by far is TvZ. Can anyone recommend a few solid builds that can transition to lategame for TvZ? I like fast expands and winning midgame the most.


Have you tried Bomber's TvZ [1] [2], which is super macro heavy or the more standardesque Thorzain 15 Gas, late Hellion Expand [1][2]?

probably because they go from 1rax fe into 3 rax pure marines (no gas for quite awhile) ?
= no marauders = no need for shells for them (also their marine micro is good too)
Twitter: @zhurai | Site: http://zhurai.com
CTangent
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States125 Posts
January 26 2012 19:41 GMT
#2657
On January 27 2012 02:10 Eternal Dalek wrote:
Hello Team Liquid!

I haven't played Starcraft in several months, with my last game before yesterday on October 24, 2011, and the last time I played multiple games in a day was on September 8, 2011. I was a Diamond-level player back then, and I suspect that once I'm done with my placement matches, I will be placed in a much lower league.

I played Terran near release, switching to Random after about a month of playing. I then switched back to Terran in 2011, and I'm still playing Terran right now. I'm thinking of going back to Random for the nerd cred, but since this is a Terran thread, I'll focus mostly on Terran stuff.

Which openings would you suggest for a returning player who knows the basics but whose micro and macro have atrophied from playing only turn-based games since September? As Terran, my weakest matchup seems to be TvT, as a quick expansion just doesn't work except on the largest maps. For TvP, I usually go 1/1/1 or reaper expand to put some pressure on the enemy, while I usually go for 2rax bunker rush into expand for Zerg.

Note that these are the builds I used back in September, the last time I played regularly. Are these builds still viable, or should I be looking at other ways to crush the opposition?

Thanks in advance for your replies! ♥


I'm a diamond guy playing around with terran, and this is what I do:

TvZ - Reactor Hellion Expand (Barracks -> Factory -> CC). I make 4 hellions and then use them to deny creep spread and be annoying. 2 rax has fallen out of favor somewhat due to the barracks build time nerf, and a lot of zergs drop a spine crawler as soon as your pressure begins. Move out with a 4/5 tank push around 10 minutes.

TvP - 1 Rax Gasless FE is the way to go. Followups that I am doing right now are Barracks -> CC -> 3 more rax -> double gas, and rax -> cc -> cc -> 3 more rax -> double gas. The key to not dying is always double bunker and always scout your base and cliffs around your base for pylons.

TvT - I do a build that Drewbie explains in his strategy guide - it's a 1 rax gasless FE that goes 1/1/1 to get a fast viking and fast tanks. From then on I play marine tank.

This guide is really awesome by drewbie too, check it out! http://www.complexitygaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4456

Yohsc2
Profile Joined August 2011
28 Posts
January 26 2012 19:59 GMT
#2658
hey guys, terran diamond on EU server here,

recently i have trouble with my tvz, i just dont know what to do in the middle game and how can i put pressure on zerg. drops are useless vs mutas and i cant lose 1 medivac 8 rines for 2 or 3 drones. and at this point they have so many speedlings..

basically i go factory reactor into 10 min tank/marines push (like drewbie's guide) while i take b3 but it doesnt work anymore vs good zergs. I lose my entire army in this push (i cant back off otherwise he catches me unsiege)

here a replay : http://drop.sc/98541

(and wtf, i saw his infestation pit so i immediatly threw down an ghost academy and produced some ghosts but he made mutas rofl).

I feel completly lost
biocause
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada6 Posts
January 26 2012 20:06 GMT
#2659
Banshees vs reapers in TvT which one is better?
HiTeD
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden13 Posts
January 26 2012 20:45 GMT
#2660
Hello, master Terran from eu here.

I was wondering about nexus first. If I scout it I put up 3 raxes instead of a cc and do a scv/marine all in. But if I wasn't able to scout it fast enough, that means I have to go for macro play. Should I go for a different build if I see nexus first? I usually follow Drewbies build but it gets very hard to beat protoss.

So I wonder if you can continue with the build or if I need to make some changes to it so I get a better chance on macro but still are somewhat safe to 6/7 gate all ins from the protoss.
Prev 1 131 132 133 134 135 460 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 430
ProTech170
UpATreeSC 111
BRAT_OK 106
Railgan 45
MindelVK 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1913
Shuttle 500
Dewaltoss 130
Trap 33
Bale 23
scan(afreeca) 15
Dota 2
XaKoH 597
420jenkins430
Counter-Strike
fl0m4019
Fnx 678
kRYSTAL_27
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3654
Liquid`Hasu519
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1842
summit1g1070
FrodaN976
B2W.Neo418
Livibee202
C9.Mang0146
TKL 92
RotterdaM85
QueenE71
ToD71
Mew2King38
JuggernautJason18
PPMD0
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV225
BasetradeTV159
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• Adnapsc2 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 34
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2981
• TFBlade837
Other Games
• Shiphtur1317
• imaqtpie733
• WagamamaTV338
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 56m
Patches Events
20h 56m
The PondCast
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.