• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:58
CEST 10:58
KST 17:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9836 users

[G]Master T Guides - help from Bronze to Diamond - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Fairwell
Profile Joined July 2011
Austria195 Posts
July 13 2011 10:58 GMT
#21
To fully repair a unit (from 1 to full HP) you need to spend half of the many you needed to build it anyways again.


I believe you made a small mistake here, repairing a structure or unit requires 25% of the cost.

According to liquipedia2:
To repair a unit from 1 health to maximum health costs 25% of the total unit cost.
(I also just tested it ingame to confirm it.)

Ofc this is just nitpicking at a small details, just wanted to point it out, maybe you can modify it in the OP. Nice work so far, i hope you are going to expand this guide like you stated in one of the starting paragraphs.
DtorR
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia171 Posts
July 13 2011 11:19 GMT
#22
For your TvT with the 4 ghosts, can't you just do a 4 ghost cloak timing attack instead of taking more time just to get the drop?
Honeybadger
Profile Joined August 2010
United States821 Posts
July 13 2011 11:49 GMT
#23
It reads like a prima strategy guide.

Not sure if that's good or bad, but it's well written!
"I like to tape my thumbs to my hands to see what it would be like to be a dinosaur."
Ballbreaker
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany97 Posts
July 13 2011 11:52 GMT
#24
I believe you made a small mistake here, repairing a structure or unit requires 25% of the cost.

Thanks ! I just changed this part... I wasn't really sure about it and didn't check liquipedia.

For your TvT with the 4 ghosts, can't you just do a 4 ghost cloak timing attack instead of taking more time just to get the drop?

It works, of course, but a wall-off will stop your push and you will be behind. Other than that...early ghosts really cripple Terrans that are going for the standard Marine/Tank combination .

It reads like a prima strategy guide.

Not sure if that's good or bad, but it's well written!

I hope it's good :D! Thanks, this means a lot to me as I am not a native speaker (from Germany, but with German and American roots).
"Life is like a box of chocolate. You never know what you are going to get." -Forest Gump
Ballbreaker
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany97 Posts
July 14 2011 16:10 GMT
#25
I have just done some streaming and commentating on my stream you can find at http://www.justin.tv/BallbreakerTV!

Here is the current VOD -> http://www.justin.tv/ballbreakertv/b/290174891

I am going to do some more streaming and laddering tomorrow! I hope that a lot of you will tune in ! Also, there might be a coaching lesson planned, but this is not sure (will be either tomorrow on Saturday or Tuesday next week).


Ballbreaker !
"Life is like a box of chocolate. You never know what you are going to get." -Forest Gump
whoopingchow
Profile Joined June 2011
United States293 Posts
July 14 2011 17:45 GMT
#26
Looks really helpful! Honestly, this sounds like it'd be geared towards Silver+ players, since Bronze leaguers worrying about all these different build types and everything would just get overwhelmed (speaking as one myself XD). I'm working on perfecting my 1/1/1 build, and the counters sections is especially informative, since I now have a better idea of how to transition. I also voted for your next section to be about timings, since that'd help me the most. :D Keep it up!
RoboBob
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States798 Posts
July 14 2011 17:59 GMT
#27
Just as an FYI, your blog looks terrible on mobile devices =( the text is super large, and theres no way to zoom out or switch to the normal non-mobile version of the blog. The blog looks fine when I read it on my PC, its just the mobile version thats messed up.
Ballbreaker
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany97 Posts
July 14 2011 18:19 GMT
#28
On July 15 2011 02:59 RoboBob wrote:
Just as an FYI, your blog looks terrible on mobile devices =( the text is super large, and theres no way to zoom out or switch to the normal non-mobile version of the blog. The blog looks fine when I read it on my PC, its just the mobile version thats messed up.

I changed something in the Wordpress settings. Can you give me a little feedback on how it looks now?
Thanks, Ballbreaker
"Life is like a box of chocolate. You never know what you are going to get." -Forest Gump
Trowa127
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1230 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 18:41:33
July 14 2011 18:39 GMT
#29
good guide dude! the funniest part for me was:

'Zergs have the Spinecrawler and Protoss the Photon Cannon. Terrans however don’t have such thing. The only anti-ground building they have is either the Planetary fortress which is rather planted at expos and not at key positions, such as chokes, or the bunker, which takes much man power and resources'

Come on, don't you see the irony in saying a bunker takes 'much man power and resources' But I certainly agree that Terran is pretty micro intesive. Doesn't get more extreme than marine micro and ghost/templar wars.
Bling, MC, Snute, HwangSin, Deranging (<3) fan. 'Full name - ESP ORTS' Vote hotbid. Vote ESPORTS.
GeeRobb
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada36 Posts
July 14 2011 18:47 GMT
#30
Hey I'm just starting out as Terran and I know to only do 1 build for each matchup and there alot of builds here...which ones should I be doing as a silver Protoss player rolling Terran?
TossedPro.860
Diabolegal
Profile Joined June 2011
United States110 Posts
July 14 2011 19:52 GMT
#31
I thought this said "Master P Guides." Ugggghhh...

The 2 rax guide is really well-written. Maybe you should include the 2 Medivac-Stim timing push follow-up, though, as it's pretty popular.
Diamond Terran (NA)
Clbull
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1439 Posts
July 15 2011 03:08 GMT
#32
These guides seem good. I am considering a switch to Terran from playing Zerg at a Gold League level on EU.

I am currently almost completely lost with TvP and completely lost with TvT and TvZ, but I will give your guides a closer analysis.
Hijungle
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia67 Posts
July 15 2011 03:19 GMT
#33
Looks like you put a lot of effort into this! I'll enjoy reading it.
ExTraCT
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany3 Posts
July 15 2011 12:12 GMT
#34
A really good idea I love to read it
Ballbreaker
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany97 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-15 13:48:16
July 15 2011 12:16 GMT
#35
Come on, don't you see the irony in saying a bunker takes 'much man power and resources' But I certainly agree that Terran is pretty micro intesive.

Good one :D! Did not really look out for that when I was writing the guide, gonna keep it for some laughs :p.

I thought this said "Master P Guides." Ugggghhh...

Hell no!

The 2 rax guide is really well-written. Maybe you should include the 2 Medivac-Stim timing push follow-up, though, as it's pretty popular.

Thanks ! I will of course include more and more builds. Instead of writing them directly in the 2 rax guide, I will direct the reader to the specific guide the follow-up evolves from !

These guides seem good. I am considering a switch to Terran from playing Zerg at a Gold League level on EU.

I am currently almost completely lost with TvP and completely lost with TvT and TvZ, but I will give your guides a closer analysis.

Hope you do ! More guides are coming soon!

Looks like you put a lot of effort into this! I'll enjoy reading it.

A really good idea I love to read it

Thanks a lot!



The next part of my guide will be a timing chart, showing what attack hits at what time!
"Life is like a box of chocolate. You never know what you are going to get." -Forest Gump
GreyTemplar
Profile Joined September 2010
22 Posts
July 15 2011 15:37 GMT
#36
Thanks, this guide should help me a lot. Switching to T from Z after an 8 month Hiatus from the game. needless to say things are a bit rusty, and this was the perfect thing to guide me along a path.
Clbull
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1439 Posts
July 15 2011 20:28 GMT
#37
I was wondering. How do you play drop heavy MMM or marine tank in TvP when your Protoss opponent has gone Blink Stalkers or has very good Stalker placements near anywhere where a potential drop could have landed?
Ballbreaker
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany97 Posts
July 15 2011 20:56 GMT
#38
I was wondering. How do you play drop heavy MMM or marine tank in TvP when your Protoss opponent has gone Blink Stalkers or has very good Stalker placements near anywhere where a potential drop could have landed?

You simply don't and attack his main army. With enough Ghosts/Vikings, you should be able to take out his Colossus ball if he has a lot of Stalkers spread out at his several bases.



If anyone is interested in coaching, leave a comment in the new "COACHING" section of my blog. Only for Terrans of course :p!
The first coaching has been done today and the trainee told me that he would definitely recommend it to everyone else !

Ballbreaker
"Life is like a box of chocolate. You never know what you are going to get." -Forest Gump
whoopingchow
Profile Joined June 2011
United States293 Posts
July 16 2011 02:06 GMT
#39
On July 15 2011 04:52 Diabolegal wrote:

The 2 rax guide is really well-written. Maybe you should include the 2 Medivac-Stim timing push follow-up, though, as it's pretty popular.


More generally too, I think it'd be really helpful, at least for me, to see how to follow up these openings, if they're held off. You think you'll have time for that? :D :D
Ballbreaker
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany97 Posts
July 16 2011 12:01 GMT
#40
More generally too, I think it'd be really helpful, at least for me, to see how to follow up these openings, if they're held off. You think you'll have time for that? :D :D

I will of course add a lot of follow-ups, but right now I still struggle with "basic" stuff, such as the timing chart.
If I have more time I will of course add more builds !
"Life is like a box of chocolate. You never know what you are going to get." -Forest Gump
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 152
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 978
Mind 672
ggaemo 620
Larva 608
Stork 326
Leta 188
PianO 145
Bisu 83
Killer 48
Hyuk 29
[ Show more ]
Bale 25
ZergMaN 24
yabsab 22
Hm[arnc] 6
sorry 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe198
League of Legends
JimRising 407
Reynor106
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1163
Other Games
summit1g10369
C9.Mang0219
Mew2King121
ArmadaUGS57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick522
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream187
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• LUISG 0
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2358
League of Legends
• Stunt1252
• Jankos1077
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
1h 2m
Online Event
2h 2m
FEL
7h 2m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 2m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 2m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.