• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:26
CEST 22:26
KST 05:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8726 users

Simple Questions Simple Answers - Page 18

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 900 Next
[TEA]Darius
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia1 Post
February 13 2011 21:43 GMT
#341
On January 26 2011 19:25 roflcopter420 wrote:
Q: Is there a way to change grid keys so you can also select larva with caps lock? I always want to spam select larva, but with grid keys i produce drones by accident then ;_;

Remap capslock to something else using Key Tweaker (or similar) then you should be able to bind it.

I haven't tried it in SC2 but it works for, eg, Teamspeak.
jshellz123
Profile Joined November 2010
United States10 Posts
February 14 2011 00:53 GMT
#342
When you cancel a building structure, how much of the invested money is returned? I've heard both 100 and 75%
Cabracan
Profile Joined January 2011
New Zealand119 Posts
February 14 2011 01:03 GMT
#343
It's 75% for buildings. Units and upgrades give back the full amount but if a building dies while upgrading or making a unit you don't get refunded.
Kaitlin
Profile Joined December 2010
United States2958 Posts
February 14 2011 03:07 GMT
#344
On February 14 2011 10:03 Cabracan wrote:
It's 75% for buildings. Units and upgrades give back the full amount but if a building dies while upgrading or making a unit you don't get refunded.


Actually, I was just wondering this same thing earlier today, so it's funny to see this here now, but I checked earlier today and I destroyed building that was producing a unit, and I was refunded the cost of the unit 100%. I didn't test the upgrade part, specifically.
closey
Profile Joined October 2010
Hong Kong272 Posts
February 14 2011 03:53 GMT
#345
A few fun simple questions yet not so simple to answer:

1. If a blink stalker blinks away when it is being fired at by a marauder but before the shot hits will the shot hit or miss?

2. What never misses a stalker if it blinks away even if the timing is perfect?

3. What always misses a stalker if it blinks away with perfect timing?

4. Does shield upgrade stack up with Immortal hardened shields?

5. What is the firing delay of a thor? (The time it takes to decide on their first target)

6. How many void rays do I need to insta- kill 999,999 mutalisks assuming the void rays all focus fire on the same target every time they fire?
Rock, Paper, Scissors
Kaitlin
Profile Joined December 2010
United States2958 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-14 04:21:58
February 14 2011 04:18 GMT
#346
On February 14 2011 12:53 closey wrote:
A few fun simple questions yet not so simple to answer:

1. If a blink stalker blinks away when it is being fired at by a marauder but before the shot hits will the shot hit or miss?

2. What never misses a stalker if it blinks away even if the timing is perfect?

3. What always misses a stalker if it blinks away with perfect timing?

4. Does shield upgrade stack up with Immortal hardened shields?

5. What is the firing delay of a thor? (The time it takes to decide on their first target)

6. How many void rays do I need to insta- kill 999,999 mutalisks assuming the void rays all focus fire on the same target every time they fire?


1. The shot CAN be dodged with blink, you have to time it correctly.

4. The hardened shields is the last reduction to be applied. So, the shield upgrade will reduce shots from a marine, but it won't reduce tank fire below 10. Same with Guardian Shield. An immortal at full health and shields, with +3 shield upgrades, under the protection of Guardian Shield will take 10 damage from a Seiged Tank. It will, however, only take 1 from an unupgraded marine. Six base attack, minus 3 for shield, minus 2 for guardian shield. Same applies for probes. A probe with shield upgrades and guardian shield kills a marine. Not sure, but it might even take 2 marines. I can't remember how that test turned out earlier.

The rest of the questions are pretty stupid.
Cabracan
Profile Joined January 2011
New Zealand119 Posts
February 14 2011 04:26 GMT
#347
On February 14 2011 10:03 Cabracan wrote:
It's 75% for buildings. Units and upgrades give back the full amount but if a building dies while upgrading or making a unit you don't get refunded.

Sorry my bad you do get refunded in both cases.
closey
Profile Joined October 2010
Hong Kong272 Posts
February 14 2011 04:57 GMT
#348
On February 14 2011 13:18 Kaitlin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2011 12:53 closey wrote:
A few fun simple questions yet not so simple to answer:

1. If a blink stalker blinks away when it is being fired at by a marauder but before the shot hits will the shot hit or miss?

2. What never misses a stalker if it blinks away even if the timing is perfect?

3. What always misses a stalker if it blinks away with perfect timing?

4. Does shield upgrade stack up with Immortal hardened shields?

5. What is the firing delay of a thor? (The time it takes to decide on their first target)

6. How many void rays do I need to insta- kill 999,999 mutalisks assuming the void rays all focus fire on the same target every time they fire?


1. The shot CAN be dodged with blink, you have to time it correctly.

4. The hardened shields is the last reduction to be applied. So, the shield upgrade will reduce shots from a marine, but it won't reduce tank fire below 10. Same with Guardian Shield. An immortal at full health and shields, with +3 shield upgrades, under the protection of Guardian Shield will take 10 damage from a Seiged Tank. It will, however, only take 1 from an unupgraded marine. Six base attack, minus 3 for shield, minus 2 for guardian shield. Same applies for probes. A probe with shield upgrades and guardian shield kills a marine. Not sure, but it might even take 2 marines. I can't remember how that test turned out earlier.

The rest of the questions are pretty stupid.





So far I know the stalker can't dodge void ray beams, sentry beams and archon zaps, but can dodge cololsus beam. The rest I haven't tried yet.

Thanks for the clarification of the immortals.
Rock, Paper, Scissors
Cabracan
Profile Joined January 2011
New Zealand119 Posts
February 14 2011 05:20 GMT
#349
I would assume (I haven't done any testing on this) stalkers can't dodge anything that can't be blocked by a pdd. The reasoning being if a unit fires a missile but then the stalker blinks or the target is picked up by a dropship the misile can't connect and therefore is a miss. Anything that can't be blocked by a pdd or doesn't fire a missile (marines etc.) deal the damage instantly from the attack and because there is no gap between attack animation and damage (missile travel time) there isn't time for the stalker to blink away to avoid the attack. As I said I haven't tested this it's just how I understand the mechanic to work.
Mythito
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada230 Posts
February 14 2011 08:03 GMT
#350
On February 14 2011 13:18 Kaitlin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2011 12:53 closey wrote:
A few fun simple questions yet not so simple to answer:

1. If a blink stalker blinks away when it is being fired at by a marauder but before the shot hits will the shot hit or miss?

2. What never misses a stalker if it blinks away even if the timing is perfect?

3. What always misses a stalker if it blinks away with perfect timing?

4. Does shield upgrade stack up with Immortal hardened shields?

5. What is the firing delay of a thor? (The time it takes to decide on their first target)

6. How many void rays do I need to insta- kill 999,999 mutalisks assuming the void rays all focus fire on the same target every time they fire?


Same with Guardian Shield. An immortal at full health and shields, with +3 shield upgrades, under the protection of Guardian Shield will take 10 damage from a Seiged Tank.


wrong. the +3 upgrades takes effect before but the guardian shield takes effect after.
"Guardian Shield takes effect after Hardened Shield reducing any damage above 10 to 8. "
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Hardened_Shield
Did everything just taste purple for a second?
Isaac
Profile Joined August 2010
United States810 Posts
February 14 2011 08:24 GMT
#351
How should I 1rax expand? I like to send my play into the midgame quickly. (vP,vT)
DO I get gas, for a tank, or a maruader, or should I skip gas and get an ealier CC with bunker, then a double gas. I've seen some agressive openers where they push with maruaders+ slow.
-The LP one is a stub build.

Sorry If this isn't a simple question - I would assume there is only a few things that determine the decision way early into the game.

number one fan of marineking
closey
Profile Joined October 2010
Hong Kong272 Posts
February 14 2011 08:42 GMT
#352
For 1 rax expand, just save 400 minerals and get the CC asap. Use bunkers. (I can go deeper into details but the answer won't be simple!)
Rock, Paper, Scissors
Cabracan
Profile Joined January 2011
New Zealand119 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-14 09:20:47
February 14 2011 09:18 GMT
#353
@Isaac
This is just my personal builds not neccesarily the best ones. Against terran I get one barracks no gas and then get marines and scvs untill I can put down the command center. If my opponent also does a FE then I don't get a bunker, If they do a normal build (1/1/1 etc.) then I get the bunker straight after the CC and if they do a 2rax build I get the bunker before the CC.

Against protoss you can do it with and without gas. I perfer to take the gas at 13 like usual and do a maruader expansion. You can do early 1scv 1marine 1 maruader pressure to scout your opponent this way so you know whether you can expand or not. It is still possible to do TvP 1raxFE without gas but you can't do any pressure and you need a bunker straight away to stop their stalkers trading sheilds for kills.
validname
Profile Joined February 2011
United States6 Posts
February 14 2011 13:14 GMT
#354
what is the approximate number of ladder games played at which league position is stabilized? that is to say, how many 1v1 games do I need to play before my league accurately reflects my true skill?
do it fer teh lulz.
Copenap
Profile Joined October 2010
723 Posts
February 14 2011 13:44 GMT
#355
On February 14 2011 22:14 validname wrote:
what is the approximate number of ladder games played at which league position is stabilized? that is to say, how many 1v1 games do I need to play before my league accurately reflects my true skill?


Afaik you have to have played enough games to be considered an "active player" for the system to put you into the appropriate league. However I believe it is still unknown how many games per week/month/overall you need in order to be considered active.

Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
February 14 2011 18:52 GMT
#356
On February 14 2011 22:14 validname wrote:
what is the approximate number of ladder games played at which league position is stabilized? that is to say, how many 1v1 games do I need to play before my league accurately reflects my true skill?


The more the merrier. It will be able to tell your exact position because the more you play, the, theoretically better you become.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
SlapMySalami
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1060 Posts
February 14 2011 20:17 GMT
#357
I knows it's not strategy but does anyone know when/if assembly replays will be released?
marineking will u huk my bigtt1 ilu
ZeroTalent
Profile Joined December 2010
United States297 Posts
February 14 2011 20:52 GMT
#358
Also mechanics and not strategy ... how do I tell an SCV to auto-repair a not-yet full bunker? If I right-click on it it just goes into the bunker.
Can we get an official definition of "all-in"? Please?
zozkA
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark33 Posts
February 14 2011 20:52 GMT
#359
A few weeks ago i saw a post by someone who had made a short clip on how to use TL.net, an introduction so to speak. I tried searching for it but haven't been able to find it.

Can anyone help me find it please?

Thanks
Wolf
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Korea (South)3290 Posts
February 14 2011 20:58 GMT
#360
On February 15 2011 05:52 ZeroTalent wrote:
Also mechanics and not strategy ... how do I tell an SCV to auto-repair a not-yet full bunker? If I right-click on it it just goes into the bunker.


I THINK bunkers have a load command. If so, press load and then click on the SCV. I could be wrong.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/proxywolf
TL+ Member
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 900 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 515
UpATreeSC 106
JuggernautJason8
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 731
Dewaltoss 106
firebathero 90
Zeus 70
Trap 37
910 32
NaDa 29
Bale 28
ToSsGirL 23
Dota 2
monkeys_forever172
Counter-Strike
edward87
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS128
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3127
Liquid`Hasu2193
Other Games
summit1g6007
B2W.Neo610
Beastyqt602
shahzam396
byalli387
ToD199
C9.Mang0165
KnowMe146
TKL 112
Chillindude19
Railgan15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV249
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream155
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 62
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki34
• blackmanpl 29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur271
• WagamamaTV259
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 35m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 35m
Stellar Fest
16h 35m
Stellar Fest
16h 35m
Stellar Fest
16h 35m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
Stellar Fest
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.