• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:24
CEST 08:24
KST 15:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8445 users

[M] (2) Timberwolf

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
lorestarcraft
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1049 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-04-15 00:33:32
August 17 2014 23:26 GMT
#1
TLMC5 Finalist
[image loading]
Timberwolf
All servers
136x152
[image loading]
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Main Base:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

As always, feedback appreciated.

*updated with gold bases in the middle
SC2 Mapmaker
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
August 17 2014 23:30 GMT
#2
I really like this. While circle syndrome is strong, a lack of those kinds of maps recently makes this somewhat refreshing. I'd consider making the center bases gold because I think the current "natural fourths" are kinda boring and weak and encouraging expansion towards the center should liven games up once they get past the three bases stage of the game.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
August 17 2014 23:49 GMT
#3
I like it a lot with the gold bases too, good incentive. And the map is gorgeous.
lorestarcraft
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1049 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-18 02:54:34
August 17 2014 23:50 GMT
#4
On August 18 2014 08:30 Plexa wrote:
I really like this. While circle syndrome is strong, a lack of those kinds of maps recently makes this somewhat refreshing. I'd consider making the center bases gold because I think the current "natural fourths" are kinda boring and weak and encouraging expansion towards the center should liven games up once they get past the three bases stage of the game.

Middle bases now gold. I was thinking about that anyway

And yeah, a little CS now and then is nice.
SC2 Mapmaker
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
August 19 2014 23:02 GMT
#5
imo no need for tree clump in the middle, the rest of the map is about the same medium openness and there might as well be room to fight at the most contentious point on the map. Also it'd be nice if the 4/10 bases were pushed to the edge of the map and slightly further away from the main cliff, unless you really don't people to take them as a clockwise 5th. It's good to gain any amount of distance there from enemy natural anyway, and get away form siege tanks in the main, and warpins over the cliff from the main for that matter.

Besides those things, this looks really fun to play. And it's very pretty, with excellent readability, which I feel goes underappreciated still. ^^
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
GeneralSezme
Profile Joined July 2014
United States58 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-20 16:03:10
August 20 2014 16:00 GMT
#6
I like it, good work keep it up ill give it a rate on starcraft.
Edit: i cant find you map, can you post your map link? for example one of my maps is starcraft://map/1/237675
Melee map maker
lorestarcraft
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1049 Posts
August 20 2014 21:53 GMT
#7
On August 21 2014 01:00 GeneralSezme wrote:
I like it, good work keep it up ill give it a rate on starcraft.
Edit: i cant find you map, can you post your map link? for example one of my maps is starcraft://map/1/237675

Must be a startcraft issue. I hopped on and I wasn't able to search for any map. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
SC2 Mapmaker
Mistakes
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1104 Posts
August 21 2014 01:10 GMT
#8
Neat map! The only problem I see is that it would seem tank pushes would be really strong vs Z from behind the rocks near the natural. But I haven't played it so I can't comment really. Just a thought.

^^
StarCraft | www.psistorm.com | www.twitter.com/MistakesSC | www.twitch.tv/MistakesSC | Seattle
Spect8rCraft
Profile Joined December 2012
649 Posts
August 21 2014 03:19 GMT
#9
Anyone else get a strange Ohana vibe from it? In the inspiration of it.
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10569 Posts
August 21 2014 09:35 GMT
#10
On August 18 2014 08:30 Plexa wrote:
I really like this. While circle syndrome is strong, a lack of those kinds of maps recently makes this somewhat refreshing. I'd consider making the center bases gold because I think the current "natural fourths" are kinda boring and weak and encouraging expansion towards the center should liven games up once they get past the three bases stage of the game.

what if he were to take the 10/4oclock bases and push them more to the center? then slide the "natural" fourths further away from the third. this encourages smart decision making for which 4th you take. plus it sorta breaks the circle syndrome.

tbh, circle syndrome, while common in map making, demands map control. you need to control not only the circle bands, but also the middle.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
August 21 2014 11:59 GMT
#11
On August 21 2014 18:35 FlaShFTW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2014 08:30 Plexa wrote:
I really like this. While circle syndrome is strong, a lack of those kinds of maps recently makes this somewhat refreshing. I'd consider making the center bases gold because I think the current "natural fourths" are kinda boring and weak and encouraging expansion towards the center should liven games up once they get past the three bases stage of the game.

what if he were to take the 10/4oclock bases and push them more to the center? then slide the "natural" fourths further away from the third. this encourages smart decision making for which 4th you take. plus it sorta breaks the circle syndrome.

tbh, circle syndrome, while common in map making, demands map control. you need to control not only the circle bands, but also the middle.

I think that's an option, but I think its quite unnatural and feels rather forced with how the map currently uses rocks and whatnot. I think that 4th decision between the low ground and the center offers enough to make things interesting while staying true to the maps original concepts, but it's up to lore to decide where he wants to take the map :D
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
lorestarcraft
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1049 Posts
August 21 2014 23:17 GMT
#12
I really appreciate all the great feedback! I think making the middle bases gold was a no-brainer, but there are some other things I am more hesitant to mess with... The "Ohana" feel may be from the general base layout. or aesthetic feel, but I think this map offers more a little more potential than Ohana did, plus the rush distance is not short, like Ohana's was. To Mistakes point, if Terran feels like they can build tanks on this map, didn't I do a good thing?
SC2 Mapmaker
lorestarcraft
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1049 Posts
August 22 2014 02:00 GMT
#13
Okay, I removed the tree clusters from the middle. New Overview posted.
SC2 Mapmaker
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10569 Posts
August 22 2014 08:59 GMT
#14
On August 21 2014 20:59 Plexa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2014 18:35 FlaShFTW wrote:
On August 18 2014 08:30 Plexa wrote:
I really like this. While circle syndrome is strong, a lack of those kinds of maps recently makes this somewhat refreshing. I'd consider making the center bases gold because I think the current "natural fourths" are kinda boring and weak and encouraging expansion towards the center should liven games up once they get past the three bases stage of the game.

what if he were to take the 10/4oclock bases and push them more to the center? then slide the "natural" fourths further away from the third. this encourages smart decision making for which 4th you take. plus it sorta breaks the circle syndrome.

tbh, circle syndrome, while common in map making, demands map control. you need to control not only the circle bands, but also the middle.

I think that's an option, but I think its quite unnatural and feels rather forced with how the map currently uses rocks and whatnot. I think that 4th decision between the low ground and the center offers enough to make things interesting while staying true to the maps original concepts, but it's up to lore to decide where he wants to take the map :D

well no think about it. moving the 10/4 in means you now have a crucial decision with breaking down those rocks at your natural. you break them down, take a closer 4th than the current natural one, but you also make another choke point to defend. its like risk and reward and i think it goes quite well with the circle as well. you can either continue to move in the circle one way or the other, but moving both would simply be too hard.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
Antares777
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1971 Posts
August 29 2014 00:57 GMT
#15
The back 2x ramp on the plateaus blocked by rocks could be removed entirely. This way, the distance from the enemy main to your final expansion cannot be reduced without exposing your natural. By the time anyone would be expanding reasonably to those areas, the rocks won't matter because they could be destroyed in seconds, and having the spot open at the beginning messes up early game regarding the natural expansions. I think the map would be better off without those ramps.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 132
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2304
GuemChi 642
Leta 150
Bale 37
ajuk12(nOOB) 23
Noble 17
Icarus 10
sSak 8
Dota 2
febbydoto24
League of Legends
JimRising 633
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King168
Other Games
summit1g7675
C9.Mang0264
Happy179
Sick142
ViBE107
Trikslyr26
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick483
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• killerbeecast3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2204
League of Legends
• Lourlo1237
• Stunt454
Other Games
• Shiphtur520
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
4h 36m
Patches Events
9h 36m
The PondCast
1d 3h
INu's Battles
1d 4h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.