• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:06
CEST 01:06
KST 08:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)20Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10358 users

Warcraft RTS: Alliance and Horde 1.0 compeleted - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
Lazzi
Profile Joined June 2011
Switzerland1923 Posts
November 07 2013 10:41 GMT
#121
This looks wonderful, haven't played it yet but from what I've seen, this is a piece of art!
It's good to be back
StevenLuo
Profile Joined September 2013
116 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-10 10:50:19
November 10 2013 10:49 GMT
#122
1.07 Update:

1. New Unit Huntress of Alliance, fast speed and good at scouting.
2. New Unit Sunwalker of Horde, a Tauren healer ridding Kodo Beast, can make AOE Healing.
3. New Unit Goblin Shredder, a strong mechanical unit making cleaving attack and expert on attacking structure.
4. New Buidling Draenei Abbey, Griffon Aviary, Goblin Lab added.
5. Units are tired into 3 levels, and trained from different buildings.

[image loading]
iHirO
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1381 Posts
November 10 2013 10:57 GMT
#123
Are you going to use the new WC3 models when they get released?

[image loading]
GraphicsThis is for all you new people: I only have one rule. Everyone fights. No one quits. You don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself. You get me?
crappen
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway1546 Posts
November 15 2013 15:53 GMT
#124
I just had a game versus AI, my first impression is:

Very nice art. I somehow think maybe the models are a bit too big, making the battle scene seem kind of zoomed in. In WC3 I think models was a bit smaller. Maybe something to play out with, is modelsize, and also make them more distinct (and bland perhaps). If they are too flashy and good looking, the gameplay in battle may struggle. In WoW f.ex, one of the problems for me is too many good looking spells, which are good solo, but not in raids.

I kind of like how easy the macro is, making the focus of the game on combat.

Too many spells? Too early for me to tell, but that was my first impression. A solution if desirable, is to do as they did with talents in WoW, cut the boring ones that you dont feel add much, and keep the really fun/good ones. I think however that it is smart to have tons of spells/talents now early on, to luke out the bad ones people don't spend or use much.
As it is now, I felt really lost in battle about my units, making it hard to identify casters. F.ex it is easy to spot a bunch of marines, because you need many of them, and they make a neat little ball, but identify an important caster can be a little more trickier, unless of course its a infestor lol. Again, what if a smaller modelsize, but it was more of them?
StevenLuo
Profile Joined September 2013
116 Posts
November 16 2013 23:15 GMT
#125
On November 16 2013 00:53 crappen wrote:
I just had a game versus AI, my first impression is:

Very nice art. I somehow think maybe the models are a bit too big, making the battle scene seem kind of zoomed in. In WC3 I think models was a bit smaller. Maybe something to play out with, is modelsize, and also make them more distinct (and bland perhaps). If they are too flashy and good looking, the gameplay in battle may struggle. In WoW f.ex, one of the problems for me is too many good looking spells, which are good solo, but not in raids.

I kind of like how easy the macro is, making the focus of the game on combat.

Too many spells? Too early for me to tell, but that was my first impression. A solution if desirable, is to do as they did with talents in WoW, cut the boring ones that you dont feel add much, and keep the really fun/good ones. I think however that it is smart to have tons of spells/talents now early on, to luke out the bad ones people don't spend or use much.
As it is now, I felt really lost in battle about my units, making it hard to identify casters. F.ex it is easy to spot a bunch of marines, because you need many of them, and they make a neat little ball, but identify an important caster can be a little more trickier, unless of course its a infestor lol. Again, what if a smaller modelsize, but it was more of them?


Hi, thanks for your attention

About model scale:
2 weeks ago I adjust the scale and blow is the screenshot of latest version, I do not know if it is still big for you, I will try to compare with war3 and modify again if needed.

About spells:
At the beginning of design I realized that player could not handle so much spells, so for most of the normal units, in 3 spells it at least have one auto cast, most have 2, and the rest has a long cool down time like Shield Wall. In fact player can even without micro,, just A + Left Click, most of the units will perform well.

About unit identify:
I added team color for normal units in the latest version 1.08, so only hero units has colored aura now and it would help player to identify units easier, but I think it still need work to do.

Thanks for your feedback crappen, wish you like the new version that online yesterday, and also wish you support the game in the future, because that is why I am still hardworking on it

GL, HF

StevenLuo
StevenLuo
Profile Joined September 2013
116 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-16 23:23:14
November 16 2013 23:21 GMT
#126
1.08 Update:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Teamcolor added, so only heroes have colored aura now.
2. Subgroup Icon is highlighting when it is selected.
3. Creeps shown on the radar map.
4. Brightness of the buildings decreased, which looks better.
5. Terrain and Doodads of 3 Maps were adjusted in details.

[image loading]
crappen
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway1546 Posts
November 18 2013 11:32 GMT
#127
I am at work now, so I have not tested the new version. I would however, like to add what I find good about the game.
It is easy to just jump into without focus on macro and economy. This helps when I am trying to "sell" this game to my friends. I struggle selling a game where I have to lecture them on very basic things. Although its a lot of spells to figure out, it is a much more fun approach to learning a game. When people can go from very early, to just slaughter monsters and gain strength, this is a very good selling point. And having lots of spells, can be what makes people want to stay for a longer time in the game, giving it depth. And your approach to having many of them on autocast, with the options later on to toggle this off, can turn out great.

Trying to have my friends play Starcraft, is a fuckton of pain in the ass, I've given up, and absolutely nobody even in the faintest friendcircle plays starcraft (but everyone has tried). I think you have a good thing going on with this game And having a lot of units with tons of spells, can actually be one of the best selling points. This is a gamedesign decision. Look at Total Annihilation, tons of units, and it became very popular and played for many years. Wish you luck, just make a game you would love to play imo
is5-baseic
Profile Joined July 2012
United States9 Posts
December 01 2013 00:23 GMT
#128
At the very minimum, this is fun to play. The mechanics are easy enough to grasp if you have nebulous rts knowledge (which you should if you're in sc2) and wandering around creeping while checking around for your opponent's worked in War3 and it works just as well here. Thee lack of War3's "formation" ai, where ranged units would purposely decide to wait until melee units in the same group went ahead before moving in order to retain their advantage, feels a little more like a Difference than a Problem, although the oversaturation of spells and abilities is completely laughable. Many of them have autocast, which is nice, but EVERY UNIT, including Grunts and Footmen having an ability of some sort is a little overboard in my opinion. Using WoW models is also iffy; most models in WoW are meant to stand out as Individuals, to not blend in with a crowd. Throwing them all together like this is super disorienting, although at least team colors are enabled now.

All in all, I can't offer much advice except "keep on truckin'", because you have a clear direction with this mod and have built a strong base game.
I like Nike but wait a minute/The neighborhood supports so put some money in it
Gofarman
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada648 Posts
December 01 2013 02:17 GMT
#129
Awesome, two thumbs up.
KingBongoBong
Profile Joined December 2013
Serbia1 Post
December 11 2013 16:18 GMT
#130
Hi. I just wanted to say keep up the good work StevenLuo!! Im not a SC player at all but i will instal the game just to try this mod because it looks good and it brings up good memories XD. I hope u succeed in an attempt to make this mod really big one day , because WC4 is not coming out soon if at all. U are the only hope for WarCraft RTS fans all over the world! XD
keep up! good luck!
Warcraft 4 Life
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
December 11 2013 16:49 GMT
#131
OP you would be happy to know that in Patch 2.1 Blizzard is adding in Warcraft 3 hero models.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
StevenLuo
Profile Joined September 2013
116 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-12 03:36:22
December 12 2013 03:35 GMT
#132
On December 12 2013 01:18 KingBongoBong wrote:
Hi. I just wanted to say keep up the good work StevenLuo!! Im not a SC player at all but i will instal the game just to try this mod because it looks good and it brings up good memories XD. I hope u succeed in an attempt to make this mod really big one day , because WC4 is not coming out soon if at all. U are the only hope for WarCraft RTS fans all over the world! XD
keep up! good luck!


I keep on working on this project now, and I think the next version would be surprised, no, astonished
StevenLuo
Profile Joined September 2013
116 Posts
December 12 2013 03:36 GMT
#133
On December 12 2013 01:49 digmouse wrote:
OP you would be happy to know that in Patch 2.1 Blizzard is adding in Warcraft 3 hero models.


It is a good chance for WAH to spread out, wish 2,1.0 come out soon.
StevenLuo
Profile Joined September 2013
116 Posts
December 12 2013 03:42 GMT
#134
On November 18 2013 20:32 crappen wrote:
I am at work now, so I have not tested the new version. I would however, like to add what I find good about the game.
It is easy to just jump into without focus on macro and economy. This helps when I am trying to "sell" this game to my friends. I struggle selling a game where I have to lecture them on very basic things. Although its a lot of spells to figure out, it is a much more fun approach to learning a game. When people can go from very early, to just slaughter monsters and gain strength, this is a very good selling point. And having lots of spells, can be what makes people want to stay for a longer time in the game, giving it depth. And your approach to having many of them on autocast, with the options later on to toggle this off, can turn out great.

Trying to have my friends play Starcraft, is a fuckton of pain in the ass, I've given up, and absolutely nobody even in the faintest friendcircle plays starcraft (but everyone has tried). I think you have a good thing going on with this game And having a lot of units with tons of spells, can actually be one of the best selling points. This is a gamedesign decision. Look at Total Annihilation, tons of units, and it became very popular and played for many years. Wish you luck, just make a game you would love to play imo


Thank your for your attention and suggestion, I keep silence for week because I was also not satisfied by the current version, it is, sometimes, boring and lack of strategy depth. So I am refining it and making other new features.

i think it would be soon the big update will come out, more detailed attack vs armor definition as Warcraft III, more refined text words,new factions, new units and new maps. Wish you like it then

GL, HF

StevenLuo
StevenLuo
Profile Joined September 2013
116 Posts
December 15 2013 00:52 GMT
#135
Garrosh will be in WAH

One month ago someone tell me that he want Garrosh the Warchief of the Horde be added into the game, and I promised him.
In the furture version of WAH, you could see a new hero of Horde, the Warchief. Warchief is a Strength hero that waving a two handed axe, and the style is just the same as the Gorrash in WOW.
WAH would have a great update with many new features, please keep your attention.

[image loading]
StevenLuo
Profile Joined September 2013
116 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-16 13:47:45
December 16 2013 11:13 GMT
#136
Garrosh in WAH
WAH Beta 1.43 Combat Video




To know more news about WAH, please to visit my FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/wahgame
Foxxan
Profile Joined October 2004
Sweden3427 Posts
December 16 2013 11:25 GMT
#137
Where do you get the soundeffects from?
within the editor? Or where?

I liked that leap,
i wish my zealots could leap like that
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
December 16 2013 12:03 GMT
#138
looking good wow
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
StevenLuo
Profile Joined September 2013
116 Posts
December 17 2013 02:16 GMT
#139
WAH Beta 1.43 combat video

Garrosh Hellscream as main hero of the Horde.
You can see these impressive abilities -- Heroic Leap, Whirlwind, Blood Lust.
StevenLuo
Profile Joined September 2013
116 Posts
December 23 2013 03:00 GMT
#140
Bear, Cat, Moonkin, hear my call


Prev 1 5 6 7 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE159
Nina 109
Nathanias 59
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13935
Artosis 498
White-Ra 243
ToSsGirL 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever416
NeuroSwarm144
League of Legends
Doublelift4379
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1068
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1898
Liquid`Hasu1319
Trikslyr61
Other Games
summit1g6576
Grubby3528
ArmadaUGS880
shahzam678
JimRising 347
C9.Mang0305
ZombieGrub58
Mew2King48
Maynarde0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick409
BasetradeTV199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream108
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 54
• davetesta37
• musti20045 32
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 36
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1089
• Scarra1000
• Shiphtur248
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
10h 55m
OSC
13h 55m
Stellar Fest
13h 55m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.