• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:50
CEST 12:50
KST 19:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8907 users

Warcraft RTS: Alliance and Horde 1.0 compeleted - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
ProjectZeek
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden11 Posts
October 30 2013 09:24 GMT
#81
Is there anyone that feels like they could help out a fellah?... I want to play it, but I was so lost... xd
Jetaap
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France4814 Posts
October 30 2013 10:14 GMT
#82
I tried it and to be honest I will probably not come back to it. I found it to be very visually cluttered, colors are very greyish, and even the pathing/micro doesn't seem really responsive.
StevenLuo
Profile Joined September 2013
116 Posts
October 30 2013 12:06 GMT
#83
Version 1.03

Features:
1. Units and Heores move speed increased and move animation speed adjustied.

Bug Fix:
1. Peasant and Peon will not be traped after building.
2. Horde Tavern build button text fixed.
3. Talent Point time window text fixed.
4. Squirel selection radius fixed.

Thanks for bug reporting:
dgwow@TeamLiquid, vanesco@TeamLiquid, phunnykidd@TeamLiuquid
Xe4ro
Profile Joined April 2012
Germany8 Posts
October 30 2013 15:25 GMT
#84
wow! Amazing Stuff thanks for your work! :D
I wish Blizzard would make WarCraft 4 allready >_>!
:L
Foxxan
Profile Joined October 2004
Sweden3427 Posts
October 30 2013 15:45 GMT
#85
@steven Lou
Any update on the visuals?
I wrote before, its very hard to see what units/hero belongs to who.

It makes it unplayable to me.
Any updates on this?
eXeYukon
Profile Blog Joined July 2013
45 Posts
October 30 2013 15:54 GMT
#86
Words Cannot describe how excited I am for this! Don't forget to get in the chat channel for this so we can find people to play with!
StevenLuo
Profile Joined September 2013
116 Posts
October 30 2013 16:02 GMT
#87
On October 31 2013 00:45 Foxxan wrote:
@steven Lou
Any update on the visuals?
I wrote before, its very hard to see what units/hero belongs to who.

It makes it unplayable to me.
Any updates on this?


I am here.

I have write down this issue, in fact in the early stage of the developing I am considering this. Team Color is OK but may not be so effect as in SC2, but I will try it again, for you

Thanks for you playing, if you have any ideas or suggestions, do not hesitate to tell me
StevenLuo
Profile Joined September 2013
116 Posts
October 30 2013 16:03 GMT
#88
On October 31 2013 00:54 eXeYukon wrote:
Words Cannot describe how excited I am for this! Don't forget to get in the chat channel for this so we can find people to play with!


Hi, what is the Chat Channel, how could I get in?
iHirO
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1381 Posts
October 30 2013 16:33 GMT
#89
Some bugs were reported in this thread:

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/1pj5fh/has_anyone_tried_that_new_warcraft_rts_mod/
GraphicsThis is for all you new people: I only have one rule. Everyone fights. No one quits. You don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself. You get me?
dgwow
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1024 Posts
October 30 2013 17:13 GMT
#90
On October 30 2013 13:06 dgwow wrote:
a VERY important suggestion:

I would like the unit or building that you are using to be highlighted in individual hotkey groups when tabbing through units to use spells. I am getting really confued when I am tabbing through units and don't know which one I have selected, having to look at the units themselves instead of microing through clicking weak units in the hotkey groups.

Another nice suggestion would be to put health bars under the units in the hotkey groups since you are using less units in this game than in SC2, it is more like WC3 so you need to micro and it helps to know exactly how much HP your units have.

Also, it is hard to distinguish which units are yours and which are the opponents. The aura under the unit is not enough I think, would it be possible to have the player color on the unit skins like you would see in SC2? I suppose this might be a lot of work for you, but it would be worth it.

Another bug:

On top right corner of screen it says "next tanlent point" should be talent point

Thank you!


Thanks for fixing that small bug, please work on getting the units you are tabbing between in hotkeys to be highlighted like the Priestess of the Moon in this picture: http://www.polycat.net/gallery/albums/warcraft3/warcraft3_03.jpg
Don't let those anti-cheese advocates tell you what to do. Rush to meet life head on!
Fash1sT
Profile Joined May 2012
Ukraine10 Posts
October 30 2013 19:57 GMT
#91
Author, I think, you have made a big work, but I must say, that this game looks poor.
StevenLuo
Profile Joined September 2013
116 Posts
October 30 2013 21:18 GMT
#92
On October 31 2013 01:33 iHirO wrote:
Some bugs were reported in this thread:

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/1pj5fh/has_anyone_tried_that_new_warcraft_rts_mod/


Thanks, I have seen it and will fix them one by one.
StevenLuo
Profile Joined September 2013
116 Posts
October 30 2013 21:30 GMT
#93
Hotfix:
Sorry, yesterday I when I tested my map I adjust gold to 60000 and made addition towncenter for player 1, and forget to change back before uploaded.
I feel sorry about that mistake, and I promise it will not happen again.
SheaR619
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2399 Posts
October 30 2013 23:04 GMT
#94
On October 30 2013 12:04 BreakingBrad wrote:
The game looked nice but when I played it it was really confusing and complicated with too many abilities and spells. I LOVED WARCRAFT III and was looking forward to playing this but when I loaded it up I was extremely disappointed.

It's nice to have some MMO elements but your just forcing it down my throat at this point.

Maybe try to work more around the core design and mechanics of Warcraft III and build from there.

A lot of great potential here though can't wait to see some updates.

Also you can't chop wood...


I feel the same. Kinda lacking in this apartment. Also need more divergence on tech path
I may not be the best, but i will be some day...
Daara87
Profile Joined October 2013
United States8 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-31 00:19:17
October 31 2013 00:11 GMT
#95
So I've decided that I will go back to work on my project because of the amount of praise that this is getting. There was literally zero interest in what I was working on so I had stopped working on it. I don't see how you all find this to be so amazing when it's literally a half-assed version of what the other Warcraft mods were.

Things that are missing or need work.

1. Models have no team colors, aside from the structures.
2. Model animations are not renamed properly, you'll see them get ready to attack while standing still.
3. The file size is ridiculous. There was no attempt to compress the files or optimize them for SC2.
3a. TGA textures are still used, rather than DDS causing a 300% increase in file size.
3b. WAV sounds are still used
4. A lot of models have alpha masks that were not cut out, look at the Frostwyms wings as a reference.
5. The wireframes are put together rather lazily.
6. Peons and Peasants don't actually harvest gold/lumber
7. So much balancing is needed that it's impossible to even hit on what needs to be done.
8. No warcraft UI.

Things that are good but could still use improvement.

1. Spells, they were really the only thing that I liked.
2. The construction animation was ok, the scaffolding was a nice touch. But they just raise out of the ground with no editing. It doesn't look so much as its being built as it looks like its raising out of a swamp.

This is a glimpse of what can actually be done when you put more than just a few minutes into each model.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/302/8/e/human_city_by_smotis-d6sc6q0.jpg

1. Team colors are not that difficult to add to a model, it is however time consuming. I even have a tutorial on how to do it. Although I haven't updated the tutorial for my current improved method and for Startools: http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/resources/tutorials/31795-tutorial-wow-models-into-sc2-with-team-colors/

2. Animations are named improperly so they are played at incorrect times. Here is a list of what I currently use for animation names, (this is not finalized and is subject to change). You may need to scroll down.

http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/development/artist-tavern/58010-model-map-showcase-daaras-wow-models/

3. Filesize can easily be reduced to 1/3rd its original size by simply converting .tga textures to .dds textures and reapplying them in 3DS max. You can follow the first guide for this. The 2nd link also shows what I've done that will immensely reduce the size of the mod by allowing 1 model to use any armor.

4. Cut out the alpha masks with Startools, I believe I make a mention of it in the 2nd link on how to do this.

5. It's not difficult to make a decent wireframe, it takes about 2-3 minutes. Rows of white ones are wireframes. Can be done by taking a screenshot in the cutscene editor and then editing in photoshop. Simply remove the background color, draw a thin white light around the details, make sure everything else is a grey-ish color.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/031/e/b/human_collection_by_smotis-d5tfcc4.jpg

6. Peons and Peasants can be shown to be carrying Lumber and Gold using model swaps. Blizzard has already provided the Peasant models. Don't be afraid to do this, it only makes things look better. This male orc model was edited by me to have a carrying animations.

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/031/4/2/peon_lumber_by_smotis-d5tfh3u.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/031/8/4/peon_gold_by_smotis-d5tfh0q.jpg

7. Here's an idea on what you can do with construction animations, I have scaffolding in my older versions but this one was a new attempt using opacity in 3ds max to show and hide a mesh during an animation.

http://www.sc2mapster.com/media/images/62/823/Farm_Gif.gif

8. A UI should be created. While the method for creating one has changed since I last work on it, they can look really nice and add a lot to the mod. The first version of my human UI can be seen above in the peon screenshot.

Final verdict: Please stop praising this as the next best thing to Warcraft 4 until more effort is put into it and give exposure and support to the people who can actually put out something that is high quality.
Esoterikk
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1256 Posts
October 31 2013 01:41 GMT
#96
I really like the concept but I really really think it would be awesome if you went towards a more WC3 type of feel i.e using lumber etc also the maps felt really small without any forest.
StevenLuo
Profile Joined September 2013
116 Posts
October 31 2013 01:53 GMT
#97
Broadcast from HuskyStarcraft
moskonia
Profile Joined January 2011
Israel1448 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-31 02:11:16
October 31 2013 01:55 GMT
#98
Daara87, it's all about publishing your work, once you publish it on many places at the right time you will get people to know about it. People love these things but are often times not aware, if I (or anyone else who saw this) wouldn't have posted the reddit thread this would probably have gained the same amount of views as your project, although I don't see you published it on TL, which together with reddit is the biggest sc2 site, unlike mapster.

EDIT: after looking at the pics, woah these are awesome, you should open up a new thread on TL with all the details and post it on reddit, if you want I'll do it for your mod as well (sweet karma )
Daara87
Profile Joined October 2013
United States8 Posts
October 31 2013 03:30 GMT
#99
Honestly I would have never guessed how much Reddit and Teamliquid could help a mod get exposure. It will now be my main source to get it.
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
November 01 2013 07:23 GMT
#100
Having wood as a resource would be a great addition. I know how to implement this if you need a hand
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 10201
StarCastTV_EN275
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 12397
Bisu 4182
FanTaSy 3240
Jaedong 1309
BeSt 852
actioN 622
EffOrt 514
Horang2 485
Larva 298
Leta 240
[ Show more ]
Zeus 210
Barracks 162
Dewaltoss 121
Mind 108
JYJ 80
Mong 76
scan(afreeca) 71
ToSsGirL 62
Sexy 61
sorry 53
Killer 45
Free 40
Shinee 40
Aegong 37
sSak 34
soO 32
Bale 31
HiyA 20
yabsab 13
Sacsri 8
Hyuk 0
Dota 2
XcaliburYe262
XaKoH 129
Counter-Strike
byalli840
x6flipin61
Other Games
singsing1979
olofmeister1028
Lowko294
crisheroes276
Pyrionflax194
KnowMe121
dupreeh100
B2W.Neo66
Livibee52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick669
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
StarCraft 2
WardiTV14
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1106
Other Games
• WagamamaTV169
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
10m
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 10m
Replay Cast
12h 10m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 10m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
3 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.