• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:35
CEST 03:35
KST 10:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8329 users

Warcraft RTS: Alliance and Horde 1.0 compeleted - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Exitor45
Profile Joined August 2012
United States72 Posts
October 29 2013 19:19 GMT
#61
Nice work.
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react.
McKnublet
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United Kingdom16 Posts
October 29 2013 19:33 GMT
#62
On October 30 2013 04:05 McKnublet wrote:
I'm so impressed with this map, I've been playing against the AI a little bit and it's so much fun! Thank you so very much!


Thank you for you playing, I just watched a player's stream and I found there were still too much work to do such as bugs and imba things. I feel a little more nervous now, I won't fail you all, I will keep on working on it



I've been streaming it a little, too! Was just going over a replay.. I was going to add a voice over to the little bit I've recorded giving a brief run down of how it works.. would that be okay with you? :-) Also, no need to feel nervous.. it's great fun, you've done something awesome!
Be brave - Twitter @McKnublet - Twitch.tv/McKnublet
iHirO
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1381 Posts
October 29 2013 19:38 GMT
#63
If you want more feedback, this mod is front page on reddit at the moment.

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/1pg8u4/warcraft_rts_alliance_and_horde_10_compeleted/
GraphicsThis is for all you new people: I only have one rule. Everyone fights. No one quits. You don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself. You get me?
Glioburd
Profile Joined April 2008
France1911 Posts
October 29 2013 19:53 GMT
#64
Impressing, it looks amazing.
"You should hate loosing, but you should never fear defeat." NaDa.
Dismund
Profile Joined May 2010
United States23 Posts
October 29 2013 20:13 GMT
#65
I picked up SC2 for the single player campaign and don't really play it much but this looks amazing will definitely try it out.
Sidian
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom1 Post
October 29 2013 20:30 GMT
#66
Steven, nice work. What programming languages do you know? What sort of experience do you have?
DPK
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada487 Posts
October 29 2013 20:50 GMT
#67
This is looking really really good, good job man! Will try it for sure.
Desire.Discipline.Dedication
Meltage
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany613 Posts
October 29 2013 21:27 GMT
#68
On October 30 2013 04:08 StevenLuo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2013 04:05 McKnublet wrote:
I'm so impressed with this map, I've been playing against the AI a little bit and it's so much fun! Thank you so very much!


Thank you for you playing, I just watched a player's stream and I found there were still too much work to do with bugs and imba. I feel a little more nervous now, I won't fail you all, I will keep on working on it


LIKE

maybe recruit some fanatics who can share the burden?
http://mentalbalans.se/aggedesign
Vansetsu
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1454 Posts
October 29 2013 21:49 GMT
#69
Wow, I might actually have a reason to log onto battle.net! Great Job!
Only by overcoming many obstacles does a river become - デイヴィ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ド
Ahli
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany355 Posts
October 29 2013 22:36 GMT
#70
I didn't try it yet, but you really need a new UI.
You can check out my gameheart interface to learn how to use it. Quite a few people seemed to learn it with it.

Also, I would think about switching out the huge green portrait images with screenshots from the unit. It will be quite a lot of work, but I think that would be great for the next polishing steps.
AhliSC2@Twitter - GameHeart Observer UI - "HomeStoryCup XX" extension mod fixes WCS GameHeart's small bugs, adds a lot of new features -
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
October 30 2013 00:15 GMT
#71
Is this using HotS assets or can I reinstall WoL and play this? :D
Tya
Profile Joined April 2013
44 Posts
October 30 2013 00:47 GMT
#72
On October 30 2013 09:15 deth2munkies wrote:
Is this using HotS assets or can I reinstall WoL and play this? :D


It requires HotS.
StevenLuo
Profile Joined September 2013
116 Posts
October 30 2013 01:40 GMT
#73
On October 30 2013 05:30 Sidian wrote:
Steven, nice work. What programming languages do you know? What sort of experience do you have?


8-9 years working as programmer and tester but not on game industry, using Java and JavaScript.

But when I apply jobs in game develop and test, I was automatically rejected by system, "Lack of according experience".is the reason given to me, pr,

I did not take it personal, because I think I was just reject by a SQL Statement like 'Select *** from *** where according_experince >=5'.
dgwow
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-30 04:16:30
October 30 2013 02:12 GMT
#74
For troll tavern, in the description it says build over vespene geyser to get vespene gas. Assuming that is a mistake (Edit: Maybe not)

Also found an item on the ground that says Armor109, with no picture or description on click.

Also, I am wondering why some units automatically run away when they are being attacked. Is this because they are casting spells? I would figure that makes the game a little bit easy.. woudl be nice if they do not automatically move away

Don't let those anti-cheese advocates tell you what to do. Rush to meet life head on!
autechr3
Profile Joined May 2013
United States58 Posts
October 30 2013 02:13 GMT
#75
It needs work, but its fun, so you're doing it right so far. I wouldn't call it version 1 though, call it beta or something.
You can't not rax as terran
BreakingBrad
Profile Joined October 2013
Canada14 Posts
October 30 2013 03:04 GMT
#76
The game looked nice but when I played it it was really confusing and complicated with too many abilities and spells. I LOVED WARCRAFT III and was looking forward to playing this but when I loaded it up I was extremely disappointed.

It's nice to have some MMO elements but your just forcing it down my throat at this point.

Maybe try to work more around the core design and mechanics of Warcraft III and build from there.

A lot of great potential here though can't wait to see some updates.

Also you can't chop wood...
dgwow
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-30 04:28:25
October 30 2013 04:06 GMT
#77
a VERY important suggestion:

I would like the unit or building that you are using to be highlighted in individual hotkey groups when tabbing through units to use spells. I am getting really confued when I am tabbing through units and don't know which one I have selected, having to look at the units themselves instead of microing through clicking weak units in the hotkey groups.

Another nice suggestion would be to put health bars under the units in the hotkey groups since you are using less units in this game than in SC2, it is more like WC3 so you need to micro and it helps to know exactly how much HP your units have.

Also, it is hard to distinguish which units are yours and which are the opponents. The aura under the unit is not enough I think, would it be possible to have the player color on the unit skins like you would see in SC2? I suppose this might be a lot of work for you, but it would be worth it.

Another bug:

On top right corner of screen it says "next tanlent point" should be talent point

Thank you!
Don't let those anti-cheese advocates tell you what to do. Rush to meet life head on!
dgwow
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1024 Posts
October 30 2013 04:20 GMT
#78
On October 30 2013 12:04 BreakingBrad wrote:
The game looked nice but when I played it it was really confusing and complicated with too many abilities and spells. I LOVED WARCRAFT III and was looking forward to playing this but when I loaded it up I was extremely disappointed.

It's nice to have some MMO elements but your just forcing it down my throat at this point.

Maybe try to work more around the core design and mechanics of Warcraft III and build from there.

A lot of great potential here though can't wait to see some updates.

Also you can't chop wood...


This. Would love it if wood was a resource in the game, carving paths through the forest is so fun
Don't let those anti-cheese advocates tell you what to do. Rush to meet life head on!
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
October 30 2013 08:01 GMT
#79
Ok I have a major issue with the units in this game or more specifically how the classes are distributed between Alliance and Horde.

Horde has a Paladin Hero and a Holy Paladin healing unit yet Alliance only has a Paladin "Vindicator" hero that can only be played in a support role while the Horde has the Bloodknight which is a prototypical Retribution Paladin far more iconic to the Alliance than the Horde.

Horde also has access to two Shaman class units while Alliance doesn't have any.

Thats a major problem for me. If we're going to do Alliance vs Horde, it should be Paladins on Alliance Shaman on Horde not both on Horde that makes no sense at all.
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
ejozl
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark3553 Posts
October 30 2013 08:48 GMT
#80
I must say I was a little dissapointed, since you said your project is finally complete
The models and maps are really impressive and love the WoW aspects put into the WC3 setting.
However it's in dire need of strategic elements like Tech Trees, there's currently too much freedom and no real progression in the game. GL with this, I will try it out every once in awhile when changes come.
SC2 Archon needs "Terrible, terrible damage" as one of it's quotes.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft479
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta22
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft479
WinterStarcraft140
RuFF_SC2 109
PiLiPiLi 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1071
White-Ra 140
NaDa 58
Hyuk 55
Noble 54
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm169
LuMiX1
League of Legends
Doublelift4900
Counter-Strike
taco 513
minikerr23
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox612
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor703
Other Games
summit1g7782
Coldzera 865
C9.Mang0338
ViBE62
ArmadaUGS54
Mew2King52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick692
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream82
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 89
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21526
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
8h 25m
Online Event
9h 25m
FEL
14h 25m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 25m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 25m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.