• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:56
CEST 02:56
KST 09:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1 [IPSL] IPSL is Back With Winter 26-27!
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11913 users

Map Analyser Tool - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Xenotolerance
Profile Joined November 2012
United States464 Posts
November 30 2014 02:05 GMT
#81
Did you make it functional on windows 8? :D
www.alonetone.com/xenotolerance
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
November 30 2014 02:57 GMT
#82
It finally works for me! :O
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
meatpudding
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia520 Posts
November 30 2014 07:52 GMT
#83
On November 30 2014 11:05 Xenotolerance wrote:
Did you make it functional on windows 8? :D

I have not actually thought to check. I might be able to try it next week.
Be excellent to each other.
Xenotolerance
Profile Joined November 2012
United States464 Posts
November 30 2014 15:40 GMT
#84
When I get back to my own laptop tonight I can test it.
www.alonetone.com/xenotolerance
Uvantak
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Uruguay1381 Posts
November 30 2014 16:11 GMT
#85
Okay, i just tested it on Win7 x64, and drag and drop is not working, it crashes the program, opening it the "normal way" works just fine, but i'm unable to export the image as png too, the program crashes, i tested it with no option selected (jsut the plain shape o the map) and it will still crash, also the vespene geyser thingy is incredibly useful, such a pity i'm not able to use it more because all my maps are already have perfect vespene placements... + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
@Kantuva | Mapmaker | KTVMaps.wordpress.com | Check my profile to see my TL map threads, and you can search for KTV in the Custom Games section to play them.
meatpudding
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia520 Posts
December 01 2014 01:04 GMT
#86
On December 01 2014 01:11 Uvantak wrote:
Okay, i just tested it on Win7 x64, and drag and drop is not working, it crashes the program, opening it the "normal way" works just fine, but i'm unable to export the image as png too, the program crashes, i tested it with no option selected (jsut the plain shape o the map) and it will still crash, also the vespene geyser thingy is incredibly useful, such a pity i'm not able to use it more because all my maps are already have perfect vespene placements... + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


You are just too good Uvantak

On the drag and drop thing, I haven't seen it myself, but it's weird. If you can open it the long way I guess that's a workaround for now.

There is a known bug with saving on windows. Instead of saving the map image, it tries to save the screen image. So to counter this i paste the map image over the top left of the screen so it saves that. The downside is it will crash if the window is smaller than the map. Try making the window bigger and let me know if it still crashes.
Be excellent to each other.
Uvantak
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Uruguay1381 Posts
December 01 2014 02:02 GMT
#87
Can't make the window bigger since i'm using a 768p as a main monitor, but opening a different map that fits better on the window and exporting the image of it shows that you are right ^^ Thank you for the work man, meatpudding saving the mapmaking scene once again ♥
@Kantuva | Mapmaker | KTVMaps.wordpress.com | Check my profile to see my TL map threads, and you can search for KTV in the Custom Games section to play them.
Xenotolerance
Profile Joined November 2012
United States464 Posts
December 10 2014 04:02 GMT
#88
I can finally use map analyzer on my laptop! Windows 8.1, all features confirmed, thank youuu

new map thread inc
www.alonetone.com/xenotolerance
Antares777
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1971 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-27 01:55:32
January 27 2015 01:52 GMT
#89
I'm having a problem with the openness:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


It isn't calculating average openness. It shows the colors and everything in the image, but there's no calculation. Has anyone else encountered this problem? This is pretty important for me to make sure that the map is balanced.

EDIT: Oh, and there's another problem. There are rocks placed that would affect the unit paths that the analyzer doesn't seem to recognize. I checked in the editor to make sure that they had "ignore placement requirements" unchecked. That isn't that big of a deal though, since I can make it unpathable for it to calculate and display the correct distances and times.
LComteVarauG
Profile Joined January 2015
Australia158 Posts
January 27 2015 05:17 GMT
#90
Well done meatpudding This is really cool and makes it a lot easier to check the distances between bases and the balance of the map!
Author of "[LCV]" maps on SEA and NA. Don't Panic. Member of the clan: JRB (Just Really Bad)
-NegativeZero-
Profile Joined August 2011
United States2142 Posts
January 27 2015 06:36 GMT
#91
On January 27 2015 10:52 Antares777 wrote:
I'm having a problem with the openness:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


It isn't calculating average openness. It shows the colors and everything in the image, but there's no calculation. Has anyone else encountered this problem? This is pretty important for me to make sure that the map is balanced.

EDIT: Oh, and there's another problem. There are rocks placed that would affect the unit paths that the analyzer doesn't seem to recognize. I checked in the editor to make sure that they had "ignore placement requirements" unchecked. That isn't that big of a deal though, since I can make it unpathable for it to calculate and display the correct distances and times.

For some reason I think he removed that feature. No clue why - it's one of the reasons I'm still using the previous version.
vibeo gane,
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
January 27 2015 14:14 GMT
#92
On January 27 2015 15:36 -NegativeZero- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2015 10:52 Antares777 wrote:
I'm having a problem with the openness:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


It isn't calculating average openness. It shows the colors and everything in the image, but there's no calculation. Has anyone else encountered this problem? This is pretty important for me to make sure that the map is balanced.

EDIT: Oh, and there's another problem. There are rocks placed that would affect the unit paths that the analyzer doesn't seem to recognize. I checked in the editor to make sure that they had "ignore placement requirements" unchecked. That isn't that big of a deal though, since I can make it unpathable for it to calculate and display the correct distances and times.

For some reason I think he removed that feature. No clue why - it's one of the reasons I'm still using the previous version.

Out of curiosity, what is the use of average openness? I always considered as a useless feature since what you look for in a map are well-placed open areas and chokes, not an average value to attain.
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
Antares777
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1971 Posts
January 27 2015 14:26 GMT
#93
On January 27 2015 23:14 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2015 15:36 -NegativeZero- wrote:
On January 27 2015 10:52 Antares777 wrote:
I'm having a problem with the openness:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


It isn't calculating average openness. It shows the colors and everything in the image, but there's no calculation. Has anyone else encountered this problem? This is pretty important for me to make sure that the map is balanced.

EDIT: Oh, and there's another problem. There are rocks placed that would affect the unit paths that the analyzer doesn't seem to recognize. I checked in the editor to make sure that they had "ignore placement requirements" unchecked. That isn't that big of a deal though, since I can make it unpathable for it to calculate and display the correct distances and times.

For some reason I think he removed that feature. No clue why - it's one of the reasons I'm still using the previous version.

Out of curiosity, what is the use of average openness? I always considered as a useless feature since what you look for in a map are well-placed open areas and chokes, not an average value to attain.


I was interested in using it as another means of comparison between different maps, especially ones that are less standard, so that I can get an idea of how comparable my map is to others. It's not really that big of a deal though I guess. Having the analyzer show open areas and chokes is definitely more important than average openness.
TheSkunk
Profile Joined September 2010
82 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-27 14:36:14
January 27 2015 14:32 GMT
#94
No way to measure natural to natural rush distance, only main to main?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm just stupid. Found it.
meatpudding
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia520 Posts
January 27 2015 21:47 GMT
#95
On January 27 2015 10:52 Antares777 wrote:
I'm having a problem with the openness:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


It isn't calculating average openness. It shows the colors and everything in the image, but there's no calculation. Has anyone else encountered this problem? This is pretty important for me to make sure that the map is balanced.

EDIT: Oh, and there's another problem. There are rocks placed that would affect the unit paths that the analyzer doesn't seem to recognize. I checked in the editor to make sure that they had "ignore placement requirements" unchecked. That isn't that big of a deal though, since I can make it unpathable for it to calculate and display the correct distances and times.


On January 27 2015 15:36 -NegativeZero- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2015 10:52 Antares777 wrote:
I'm having a problem with the openness:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


It isn't calculating average openness. It shows the colors and everything in the image, but there's no calculation. Has anyone else encountered this problem? This is pretty important for me to make sure that the map is balanced.

EDIT: Oh, and there's another problem. There are rocks placed that would affect the unit paths that the analyzer doesn't seem to recognize. I checked in the editor to make sure that they had "ignore placement requirements" unchecked. That isn't that big of a deal though, since I can make it unpathable for it to calculate and display the correct distances and times.

For some reason I think he removed that feature. No clue why - it's one of the reasons I'm still using the previous version.


Oh I didn't realise anyone was actually using average openness. It didn't seem that useful to me, but I can probably add it back in with a toggle for those of you who want to hide it.

With the destructible rocks, each rock type must be added to the file footprints.txt. I haven't filled it out for every rock that is available, in fact it's only had some minor updates since HotS came out. There is an updated file that AndG posted here: http://pastebin.com/ixUneuxc. I haven't had a close look, but it might have more up-to-date info.
Be excellent to each other.
fluidrone
Profile Blog Joined January 2015
France1478 Posts
January 28 2015 08:35 GMT
#96
meatpudding = favorite pudding

i was thinking about you and others while watching morrow shedding a tear for the mapmaking community on "remax"

while "mainly" only gameheart bloomed, this is not the end.. never the end! and such commitment will never be forgotten by some people
"not enough rights"
TheSkunk
Profile Joined September 2010
82 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-01-29 14:02:36
January 29 2015 13:32 GMT
#97
This worked initially, but after doing a few maps it stopped detecting ramps, minerals, or bases for any map. o.0

Reinstalled and its working fine, for the time being.

Windows 8
NinjaDuckBob
Profile Joined March 2014
187 Posts
January 29 2015 16:37 GMT
#98
It works pretty good. Doesn't detect the huge rocks (the ones that are really long) so the Reaper time is skewed. Any way to fix?

Also crashes whenever I try to save the image. Any advice on this?
NinjaDuckBob ~ Fear the fuzzy!
TheSkunk
Profile Joined September 2010
82 Posts
January 29 2015 17:40 GMT
#99
On January 30 2015 01:37 NinjaDuckBob wrote:
It works pretty good. Doesn't detect the huge rocks (the ones that are really long) so the Reaper time is skewed. Any way to fix?

Also crashes whenever I try to save the image. Any advice on this?

That was happening to me as well, but I thought it was a problem on my end (was saving to different computer on the network, which I sometimes have difficulty connecting too)
NinjaDuckBob
Profile Joined March 2014
187 Posts
January 29 2015 19:18 GMT
#100
On January 30 2015 02:40 TheSkunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2015 01:37 NinjaDuckBob wrote:
It works pretty good. Doesn't detect the huge rocks (the ones that are really long) so the Reaper time is skewed. Any way to fix?

Also crashes whenever I try to save the image. Any advice on this?

That was happening to me as well, but I thought it was a problem on my end (was saving to different computer on the network, which I sometimes have difficulty connecting too)

Have you found a workaround or do you just screencap it?
NinjaDuckBob ~ Fear the fuzzy!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings82
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta33
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 144
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10609
White-Ra 342
Dota 2
monkeys_forever802
NeuroSwarm111
League of Legends
Doublelift5470
JimRising 673
Counter-Strike
fl0m3896
minikerr24
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox769
AZ_Axe168
Other Games
summit1g7762
Maynarde190
KnowMe188
ArmadaUGS106
Mew2King31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick917
BasetradeTV181
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 72
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 5m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
10h 5m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 5m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.