• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:50
CEST 19:50
KST 02:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10058 users

[A] Starcraft 2 Pro (featuring ELO rankings!) - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
purakushi
Profile Joined August 2012
United States3303 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-13 01:30:31
May 13 2013 01:21 GMT
#21
On May 13 2013 10:03 LaLuSh wrote:
I tried this today to see whether there were any practical differences to SC2 since you claim maynarding helps more in SC2Pro.

Sure, since the second worker queues a short amount of time there is a slight boost from maynarding. I don't know whether I'd consider it enough of a difference from SC2 though.

And personally I need to have one other condition met: There must be a greater and wider variation within 1base saturation levels as well. This is a problem you've slightly exacerbated with SC2Pro, since 2workers/patch really is 100% mining rate from that base.

I guess that's why I'm an SC2BW:er =)


Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Actually, the public version I have of SC2Pro is quite an old version of what I have. I have been busy/lazy lately, so I have not completed and released the version I am working on. Hence the inactive thread ;;

Ideally, I would like to have what you mention, but I do not believe it possible without changing the mining AI (i.e. SC2BW). Honestly, though, while it works great for BW, I do not think it would bring much to SC2 without changing many other things about the game. And, I do not believe it to be *that* important in reality.

Once life gets a little less hectic, I am going to figure out exactly where I want SC2Pro to go. I do not want it to "just" be another One Goal, even though I think that mod is great in its own respect. On one hand, I want to keep it as vanilla SC2 as possible but address some issues that I feel would benefit the gameplay the most. One the other hand, there are so many things I wish were changed about SC2, whether to be closer to BW or otherwise. Of course, some BW things do not belong in SC2, but there are definitely some that would improve the game.

Apologies for the lack of details. I will get to figuring all of this out eventually. >_<

(I may just go ahead and publish the version that I have right now within the next few days, though.)
T P Z sagi
Izerman
Profile Joined May 2013
Sweden99 Posts
June 25 2013 20:47 GMT
#22
i've been thinking about this lol...
sooo many times watching pro games and tournaments where nothing happens til 15min when 2 200maxed armies clash and the other one looses.

And you even made the units a little bit bigger like i thought of. lol.
Get out of my head my good sir :D..

Now to the mod.. where is it uploaded? is it updated ??
purakushi
Profile Joined August 2012
United States3303 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-25 21:27:33
June 25 2013 21:24 GMT
#23
On June 26 2013 05:47 Izerman wrote:
i've been thinking about this lol...
sooo many times watching pro games and tournaments where nothing happens til 15min when 2 200maxed armies clash and the other one looses.

And you even made the units a little bit bigger like i thought of. lol.
Get out of my head my good sir :D..

Now to the mod.. where is it uploaded? is it updated ??


Thanks for the comment.

Unfortunately, I have not updated this in quite some time. Life has taken me away from such endeavours.
The only version publicly available is published on NA in the Arcade. It is far from what I have in testing phase and even farther from what I have in mind ultimately, but if you do want to try that out, just search for "SC2Pro" in the Arcade.

It is more of a proof of concept to myself, as I honestly do not think it will become popular or anything like that. Maybe once I finish moving and get acquainted with my job in the coming month, I can put some time into this!
T P Z sagi
Izerman
Profile Joined May 2013
Sweden99 Posts
June 25 2013 22:16 GMT
#24
need any help?
im gonna be home for a good 5-6months with 1hours of workout and then a looot of free time :D
PineapplePizza
Profile Joined June 2010
United States749 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-25 22:59:37
June 25 2013 22:56 GMT
#25

It is more of a proof of concept to myself, as I honestly do not think it will become popular or anything like that. Maybe once I finish moving and get acquainted with my job in the coming month, I can put some time into this!


This is something about melee mods that I'm not 100% sold on. Look at LaLush's thread:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/search.php?q=starcraft II brood war&t=t&f=-1&u=&gb=date&d=

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=390265

822 replies, 126735 views for a 42 page thread, and lots of praise for MaverCK's work.

There were also posts like these:

On December 27 2012 23:01 EonuS wrote:
mavericK, you should try and make a mod like this for starcraft2 (if you will ever have the time that is) just to find out whether the game becomes much better or not. By that I mean all the fundamentals you changed with the mod (worker ai, clumping) to transfer over to sc2 design to really see if the game becomes more fun or not; thanks for putting the effort for the mod nonetheless, it's amazing


If you could build this thing and give it a good presentation, you could do more than just prove to yourself things that Brood War players already know...

- but of course, you might just end up with 4 or 5 platinum players and have a massive patch every week =/ hopefully that won't happen

I'm willing to help out with the project, I have too much free time as it is.



"There should be no tying a sharp, hard object to your cock like it has a mechanical arm and hitting it with the object or using your cockring to crack the egg. No cyborg penises allowed. 100% flesh only." - semioldguy
Izerman
Profile Joined May 2013
Sweden99 Posts
June 28 2013 15:08 GMT
#26
Well i noticed my post didnt contain anything but me bashing you for stealing my ideas :D
it was supposed to praise you for your work..

This is a very good change, and it's needed since sc2 has become boring again..

Like i said before, if you want help with anything just ask :D
//
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 353
UpATreeSC 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1272
actioN 468
BeSt 220
Dewaltoss 199
firebathero 94
Zeus 71
Trap 41
zelot 28
soO 26
Sexy 26
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 24
Bale 20
JYJ 20
Shine 20
NaDa 7
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7436
qojqva2093
Dendi833
420jenkins155
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1019
Fnx 786
x6flipin349
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6280
crisheroes5663
Liquid`Hasu697
Other Games
Beastyqt667
B2W.Neo604
ceh9489
byalli368
ArmadaUGS167
KnowMe151
Khaldor137
C9.Mang0126
TKL 118
BRAT_OK 73
Trikslyr57
Railgan11
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV258
BasetradeTV204
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream133
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH321
• StrangeGG 49
• Reevou 6
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 45
• Azhi_Dahaki21
• blackmanpl 19
• FirePhoenix13
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV431
League of Legends
• Nemesis3947
• TFBlade893
Other Games
• Shiphtur331
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 10m
Kung Fu Cup
17h 10m
Stellar Fest
19h 10m
The PondCast
1d 16h
OSC
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.