• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:22
CEST 05:22
KST 12:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6977 users

[M] (2) Galápagos - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
iTzSnypah
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1738 Posts
July 01 2012 03:18 GMT
#21
Mech is going to love this map.
Team Liquid needs more Terrans.
Hayang
Profile Joined November 2010
United States22 Posts
July 01 2012 05:34 GMT
#22
I wanted to make a map that looked like this.... but you made it far more beautiful than I could have. GREAT JOB ON AESTHETICS

As for the balance I don't really care much (it looks pretty good overall to me), I hope a map this beautiful gets on ladder... only downside is that I might forget that I'm at WAR.
Antimatterz
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1010 Posts
July 01 2012 05:50 GMT
#23
From just looking at the preview, this looks like a fantastically made map. Tons of attack paths, plenty of room to maneuver, well positioned bases that are not to safe but not to open to aggression. However, I really like the idea that WniO had to change the middle by removing the rocks and putting ramps in their place. This would allow for more options when attacking/harassing and would also prevent armies from simply bypassing each other in the middle on opposites sides, essentially forcing unnecessary base races.

Off the preview I would give this a 9/10

Its also fucking gorgeous :D
"HotBid [11:45 AM]: i dunno i kinda like the big muta shooting smaller mutas out"
Cejotas
Profile Joined March 2011
Spain88 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-01 09:24:18
July 01 2012 09:23 GMT
#24
I don't know about the balance, but 10 on aestetics!
avc
Profile Joined December 2011
121 Posts
July 01 2012 11:51 GMT
#25
I think this map might have a pretty good future ahead of it if you can tweak it a little bit in the right direction.

jdsowa
Profile Joined March 2011
405 Posts
July 01 2012 12:20 GMT
#26
Just another +1 on the look of this map.

It may turn out that it plays too funny to be viable. I have no idea. I think people should give it a lot of time before dismissing it. Either way, great job.
SeinGalton
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
South Africa387 Posts
July 01 2012 12:37 GMT
#27
Hello TeamLiquid

I'm relieved to say that I have been able to sort out the bug with the map - I'm not sure entirely how I did it but I loosely followed SigmaFiE's advice whilst applying The Law of the Computaur liberally: perhaps if we restart and try the exact same thing again, then it will work.

More importantly - thanks to everyone for the amazing feedback, I did not expect this many replies. Now to respond to as much of the feedback as possible:

NewSunshine: I think that's a really interesting suggestion - removing the rocks. The reason they're there is of course to encourage army movement through the other two pathways. But now I'm wondering whether opening up the middle might not encourage players to take the highground bases and spread out more - which is what I want. I'm going to play around with a version that has no rocks whatsover and see how that works out.

Aunvilgod: Thank you sir! Yeah the texturing isn't up to par yet - I'll definitely tend to that and get the sand to look really good. Those LOSB seemed like a good idea at the time but I agree, I think they'll be better as smoke screens or something else. I really like the overgrown idea - thanks for that - I wonder if I can pull that off. As for the map being so splitty - I'm looking into ways to remedy that, including removing rocks from the center and rearranging the ones on the ramps. Thank you for your considered feedback!

Superiorwolf: Suppy! Thank you for the compliments good sir, and also congratulations on your recent MLG success. I might do a circle-as-main version for HoTS, since then people might be tempted into 1-basing again

WniO: I'm worried about base-trades as well, and you suggestion would certainly eliminate that but I wonder whether it's overkill? I specifically want players to make deliberate decisions about where the choose to attack and how they set their rally points. It seems to that adding those ramps will also make it much easier for, say, a Terran army to siege and hold the highground and the middle, along with both towers. That would allow the Terran an inordinate amount of influence over those middle bases. I think it's a valid suggestion, and may very well make for a good map, but it feels like it's not entirely in line with what I want. I'll definitely keep it mind though, as I investigate alternative solutions. Thank you very much regardless - I think more people should give feedback in such a visual way and I really do appreciate your post!

TibblesEvilCat: Well noted - now that you mention it I'm also a little concerned. I'll toy around with the proportions a little, see if I can steal some space here and there. I think a little too big is better than a little too small.

Camopillbox: Then I'm sure you'll like this map - it only has two Xel'Naga Towers

IronmanSC: I'll go out on a limb and assume that you're the only person to have tried it out in game and saw that the lighting was broken? For which I'm very thankful - it's been fixed now I think. If I'm mistaken and it's something you saw in the screenshots, please let me know! Thanks for stopping by too!

Mullet_Ben: Thank you sir, I appreciate that. Yes, I definitely plan to change all of the rocks on the map - either removing them or just moving them. There are certainly better solutions than the current one, and I intend to find them. As for sixth bases - you're right, there aren't really any takeable sixth bases and I don't really view it as a six-basing map. My thought process with those sixth bases was more geared toward allowing for different configurations for getting up to four and five bases. Which I hope I've achieved. I like the idea of turning it into a gold, I'll see if that can work.

SigmaFiE: You, sir, are my hero. Those instructions were so good I didn't even have to follow them to the letter to get it working again. I kinda got the gist of what you were saying, clicked a few buttons and then it was all roses again. And thank you for the kind words, I'm looking into those rocks and intend to have them fixed soon.

Antimatterz: Thank you for the kind words. As I mentioned to WniO, I think that suggestion, whilst probably entirely valid, undermines the goals of this map a little. It's still on the cards, but I'd like to see if I can up with a solution that better supports the goals I have. I very specifically want different attack paths and I want players to be very deliberate with their army movement.

As for all the rest of you: thank you all so much for all the comments, critiques and compliments. I really do appreciate all of it. You guys kick ass.

In the meantime I'll be playing with those rocks and the center pathway - I already have an idea for one solution. I'll be testing the map a little more this time, before just publishing it. I also intend to enter this map into the MoTM competition so hopefully at some point someone who knows what they're doing will work on this map

Cheers to all of you.
They're coming to get you, Barbara.
beamingrobot
Profile Joined October 2010
United States685 Posts
July 01 2012 15:36 GMT
#28
This looks really good! Be great if you could upload it on NA
SeinGalton
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
South Africa387 Posts
July 01 2012 17:15 GMT
#29
On July 02 2012 00:36 beamingrobot wrote:
This looks really good! Be great if you could upload it on NA



Hey beamingrobot, thanks for the compliments.
Unfortunately, I don't have an NA account and since this is still a WIP I'm going to hold off publishing it on other servers just yet. I do plan on entering into the MotM contest, then perhaps a pro mapper with multiple accounts might pick it up. If not, I'll find someone else to publish it.

For the foreseeable future, however, it won't be available anywhere except EU until MoTM is full swing or at least until I have a good version of the map (v 1.0 release).

Sorry about that, I'll be sure to let everyone know when the NA version goes up.
They're coming to get you, Barbara.
Tonttu
Profile Joined August 2010
Finland606 Posts
July 01 2012 17:49 GMT
#30
This map really looks so beautiful.. Good job on aethestics
Naama, the #1 Conductor! | Slayers, Fnatic and Mouz | Naama, MMA and ForGG |
yakitate304
Profile Joined April 2009
United States655 Posts
July 01 2012 17:52 GMT
#31
This looks like a great map. I'd love to play on it once the bug gets fixed.
Yaki's Streaming Madness: twitch.tv/YakiSC ||| FRB Grand Tournament Organizer ||| @YakiStarCraft ||| Youtube.com/YakiStarCraft
beamingrobot
Profile Joined October 2010
United States685 Posts
July 02 2012 07:50 GMT
#32
On July 02 2012 02:15 SeinGalton wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2012 00:36 beamingrobot wrote:
This looks really good! Be great if you could upload it on NA



Hey beamingrobot, thanks for the compliments.
Unfortunately, I don't have an NA account and since this is still a WIP I'm going to hold off publishing it on other servers just yet. I do plan on entering into the MotM contest, then perhaps a pro mapper with multiple accounts might pick it up. If not, I'll find someone else to publish it.

For the foreseeable future, however, it won't be available anywhere except EU until MoTM is full swing or at least until I have a good version of the map (v 1.0 release).

Sorry about that, I'll be sure to let everyone know when the NA version goes up.


Gotcha, it'll be great to see this map in the MotM contest
Qwyn
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2781 Posts
July 02 2012 08:59 GMT
#33
This map is gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous.
"Think of the hysteria following the realization that they consciously consume babies and raise the dead people from their graves" - N0
Guardian85
Profile Joined May 2012
162 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-02 09:19:48
July 02 2012 09:15 GMT
#34
You made the right choice about which water to use, you've managed to create a very natural looking vegetation, and your layout is not bad.

But your map ingame is like looking through Elton John's glasses on LSD.
Your water still looks good, but it hurts my eyes, how much your boosted saturations.
And im not gonna jump on this gorgeous train.

But its a generally good map.

PS: Its nothing personal, but it makes me furious how easily others are affected by someone elses posts.
And the oposite, how it only takes one rotten apple in the basket, to make them all bad.
SFGIANTS91
Profile Joined October 2011
United States51 Posts
July 02 2012 10:32 GMT
#35
On July 01 2012 10:51 Dexington wrote:
Holy shit this is the most beautiful map I've seen.


exactly my reaction
DUDE! Where's my mothership???
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-02 12:54:42
July 02 2012 12:14 GMT
#36
Okay, now I´m actually really interested myself. I´ll try to apply an overgrown look, lets see if I can do it.

Result:

[image loading]
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
July 02 2012 13:22 GMT
#37
Haven't really read through anyone else's posts but from what I can see your over-encouraging base trade situations with the expansion path and locations of the watch towers.

Late game it seems to be quicker and easier to take out the enemy's base than save your own what with there being a shorter distance to attack than defend. Also once you take the high-ground base the watchtower seems to become useless unless rocks are broken.

I'd add a ramp from the high ground pods to the centre and remove the rocks, assuming they do not become necessary to fix rush distances.
Retired Mapmaker™
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
July 02 2012 14:58 GMT
#38
Put the lighting on Mar Sara. Way too bright right now.
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
ChaosRefined
Profile Joined July 2011
United States52 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-02 19:51:52
July 02 2012 19:50 GMT
#39
This map looks SO COOL. What's with the double rocks in the middle though?
Also, would you want me to publish it on NA for you? Because I definitely want to play some games on it
WerderBremen
Profile Joined September 2011
Germany1070 Posts
July 02 2012 20:00 GMT
#40
I love those beach/summer themes, they are too rare.
"Thats the moment you send the kids outta the room - when you get contained by MarineKing." Tasteless
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft387
RuFF_SC2 150
Nina 112
-ZergGirl 74
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2221
Bale 22
yabsab 21
Terrorterran 10
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1206
taco 332
minikerr13
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox673
Other Games
summit1g7851
JimRising 683
Day[9].tv529
C9.Mang0335
WinterStarcraft288
ViBE161
Maynarde143
Livibee135
Sick127
ArmadaUGS34
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick956
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream155
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 14
• OhrlRock 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv529
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
7h 38m
Stellar Fest
9h 38m
The PondCast
1d 6h
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
OSC
1d 20h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.