• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:02
CEST 02:02
KST 09:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10581 users

[M] (2) Bifrost [work in progress] - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
Johanaz
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark363 Posts
September 28 2010 10:51 GMT
#21
Here´s a pic of the whole map:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Same pic with pathing:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

TPW Map Maker - theplanetaryworkshop.com
McCheese
Profile Joined July 2010
208 Posts
September 28 2010 12:54 GMT
#22
I think the the paths are a bit too narrow... I definitely a bit worried about tanks...
Samro225am
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany982 Posts
September 28 2010 13:58 GMT
#23
big problem ist probably not the narrowness but the length of pathes. they are some kind of super long chokes. better fix that.
also i do not see a reason to use the outer pathes.

which expansion is meant to be the natural?

better make the chokes less long, add an expansion at each long outer path and add some space at centre.
CagedMind
Profile Joined February 2010
United States506 Posts
September 28 2010 19:26 GMT
#24
I don't care about nukes going off and nobody can tell if it's even a good map cause of lack of full map picture.
your micro has been depleted
Johanaz
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark363 Posts
September 28 2010 21:48 GMT
#25
On September 29 2010 04:26 CagedMind wrote:
I don't care about nukes going off and nobody can tell if it's even a good map cause of lack of full map picture.


That´s a bit troll´ish, and btw there is a full map picture, it´s just on page 2. Read before you post.
First I made a pretty map, then I posted it here to get advice about how to improve balance and gameplay.

On September 28 2010 22:58 Samro225am wrote:
big problem ist probably not the narrowness but the length of pathes. they are some kind of super long chokes. better fix that.
also i do not see a reason to use the outer pathes.

which expansion is meant to be the natural?

better make the chokes less long, add an expansion at each long outer path and add some space at centre.


Those are good ideas I can work on. Thanks, Samro. Btw big fan of Guardians Grove.
TPW Map Maker - theplanetaryworkshop.com
Eatme
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
Switzerland3919 Posts
September 28 2010 22:26 GMT
#26
On September 27 2010 18:29 vx70GTOJudgexv wrote:
Not gonna lie, I thought this was going to be a port of the BW map. Still looks pretty cool.

Me too, I was like "yeah sweet I'm gonna play bifrost again".
But it looks really interesting so I might try it. The search function for maps is acting up atm tho.
I have the best fucking lawyers in the country including the man they call the Malmis.
vx70GTOJudgexv
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3161 Posts
September 29 2010 00:27 GMT
#27
Terran is going to love this map btw, as you have to meet them head-on. No other choice.
(-_-) BW for ever. #1 Iris fan.
Titusmaster6
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5937 Posts
September 29 2010 00:39 GMT
#28
Bifrost was one of my favorite maps, great work!
Shorts down shorts up, BOOM, just like that.
TibblesEvilCat
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom766 Posts
September 29 2010 00:50 GMT
#29
does the hightmap block bullets like cliffs do?
Live Fast Die Young :D
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
September 29 2010 01:37 GMT
#30
I really like what you've done with this map! There are problems, sure, but aesthetically at least, it looks stunning.

If you still need someone to host this map on the NA server, I'd be more than happy to do so. I have all my map slots free. PM me if you wanna take me up on the offer. =)
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
Samro225am
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany982 Posts
September 29 2010 08:31 GMT
#31
On September 29 2010 06:48 Johanaz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2010 04:26 CagedMind wrote:
I don't care about nukes going off and nobody can tell if it's even a good map cause of lack of full map picture.


That´s a bit troll´ish, and btw there is a full map picture, it´s just on page 2. Read before you post.
First I made a pretty map, then I posted it here to get advice about how to improve balance and gameplay.

Show nested quote +
On September 28 2010 22:58 Samro225am wrote:
big problem ist probably not the narrowness but the length of pathes. they are some kind of super long chokes. better fix that.
also i do not see a reason to use the outer pathes.

which expansion is meant to be the natural?

better make the chokes less long, add an expansion at each long outer path and add some space at centre.


Those are good ideas I can work on. Thanks, Samro. Btw big fan of Guardians Grove.


once you have started with an aesthetic idea it is quite often a long process until things will work well for gameplay, too.
once you fixed the "long choke" problem and add some space for zerg to have fun this map has the potential to have some solid gameplay I guess. and it looks much more interesting than many maps.
Twinmold
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden238 Posts
September 29 2010 09:08 GMT
#32
You might want to search for an Ice Tile set to make the map more varied texture wise. But good looking terrain nonetheless.
SC / LoL / DotA // Twinmold took a moment for himself. He never gave it back.
bokchoi
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Korea (South)9498 Posts
September 29 2010 10:02 GMT
#33
On September 27 2010 18:29 vx70GTOJudgexv wrote:
Not gonna lie, I thought this was going to be a port of the BW map. Still looks pretty cool.


Same. :[
Amadi
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland139 Posts
September 29 2010 10:57 GMT
#34
How did you get that nice fog effect, anyway, though. It doesn't really matter if I do anything with the fog doodads in editor, they do nothing, even with graphics turned to Ultra and/or with game settings locked.
Johanaz
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark363 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-29 19:54:54
September 29 2010 15:05 GMT
#35
I have renamed the map Misty Mountain, thus avoiding sacriledge against the holy BW original map. I have done a lot of changes after all the feedback.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I might do a port of the original map later. It looks pretty cool.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]




On September 29 2010 19:57 Amadi wrote:
How did you get that nice fog effect, anyway, though. It doesn't really matter if I do anything with the fog doodads in editor, they do nothing, even with graphics turned to Ultra and/or with game settings locked.


The fog effect was initially done by acidragoon over at SCMapster on the map The Sky

It´s simple though:

Aiur tileset:

Fog color: white (255,255,255)
Fog density: 1
Fog distance falloff: 1
Fog distance far: 0.2
Fog distance near: 0.2
Fog falloff: 0.19
Fog starting height: -10
Hide lowest level: Enabled (probably the lowest cliff)

Then I have added water (modified to white - 255,255,255) in order to get white background on the minimap.
TPW Map Maker - theplanetaryworkshop.com
CagedMind
Profile Joined February 2010
United States506 Posts
September 29 2010 20:51 GMT
#36
On September 29 2010 06:48 Johanaz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2010 04:26 CagedMind wrote:
I don't care about nukes going off and nobody can tell if it's even a good map cause of lack of full map picture.


That´s a bit troll´ish, and btw there is a full map picture, it´s just on page 2. Read before you post.
First I made a pretty map, then I posted it here to get advice about how to improve balance and gameplay.

Show nested quote +
On September 28 2010 22:58 Samro225am wrote:
big problem ist probably not the narrowness but the length of pathes. they are some kind of super long chokes. better fix that.
also i do not see a reason to use the outer pathes.

which expansion is meant to be the natural?

better make the chokes less long, add an expansion at each long outer path and add some space at centre.


Those are good ideas I can work on. Thanks, Samro. Btw big fan of Guardians Grove.

No idea how that happened. Maybe I wrote then cam back hours later. More importantly it's trollish to have a map thread and not have any meaningful pics till second page. You were trying to get people to focus on looks a bit much.

Back to the map. Open back entrance is bad. If you look at good competitive maps there's about twice the amount of moving room.
your micro has been depleted
Grebliv
Profile Joined May 2006
Iceland800 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-29 21:20:06
September 29 2010 21:19 GMT
#37
good idea, looks great but the layout needs work imo, if you could make a more standard looking map (less narrow pathways, more defined expos) Then that would be neat.
ESV Mapmaking!
bITt.mAN
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Switzerland3700 Posts
September 29 2010 23:24 GMT
#38
On September 30 2010 00:05 Johanaz wrote:
I have renamed the map Misty Mountain, thus avoiding sacriledge against the holy BW original map. I have done a lot of changes after all the feedback.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I might do a port of the original map later. It looks pretty cool.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]




Show nested quote +
On September 29 2010 19:57 Amadi wrote:
How did you get that nice fog effect, anyway, though. It doesn't really matter if I do anything with the fog doodads in editor, they do nothing, even with graphics turned to Ultra and/or with game settings locked.


The fog effect was initially done by acidragoon over at SCMapster on the map The Sky

It´s simple though:

Aiur tileset:

Fog color: white (255,255,255)
Fog density: 1
Fog distance falloff: 1
Fog distance far: 0.2
Fog distance near: 0.2
Fog falloff: 0.19
Fog starting height: -10
Hide lowest level: Enabled (probably the lowest cliff)

Then I have added water (modified to white - 255,255,255) in order to get white background on the minimap.



GAAAAH I [nearly] jizzed in my pants when I saw someone had port'd Bitfrost, that the inspiration for my AKA would be re-releasable on the throngs of SC2 uncultured, philistine ignorants.

Then I saw it had meerly been plagarized.

Thank God for the "All" button, it spared hellfire and brimstone from bothering to destroy this thread.

As I am still recovering from the shock, I do whole-heartedly respect the OP's decision to prevent the unstoppable storm by renaming his version, and if only he would pay SC2 hommage to its predecessor my nerd heart would be warmed even more than when NaDa won the 2006 OSL (ok well maybe not but you get the point, TY)
BW4LYF . . . . . . PM me, I LOVE PMs. . . . . . Long live "NaDa's Body" . . . . . . Fantasy | Bisu/Best | Jaedong . . . . .
timpan_b
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden16 Posts
October 02 2010 16:41 GMT
#39
Is it perhaps possible to make some flying objects? like some eagles moving around the map, or a hoverin zeppelin?

Perhaps a mountain cabin with some mountaingoats up away in the mist!

Give link to the map asap!
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
October 23 2010 05:26 GMT
#40
I finally played a few games on this! Thanks for getting it to NA server. The issue with the layout has been discussed already by samro. It definitely feels awkward to play on. I'm not categorically against nonstandard layouts, but it seems aimlessly awkward. That said...

The looks are smashing! As a proof of concept, it is a great success. (Btw the white minimap maneuver is awesome.) Anyone who plays it will immediately be wow'd.

One issue is vision mechanic without cliffs. I think it's fine without, but it'd be cool to find a way to incorporate it, just to know you can if you want.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft460
Nina 142
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13650
Hyuk 51
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm226
febbydoto114
League of Legends
Doublelift4303
Other Games
summit1g8803
FrodaN2990
JimRising 527
KnowMe207
ViBE121
ArmadaUGS116
Mew2King83
Trikslyr23
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1301
BasetradeTV213
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream108
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 91
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 58m
INu's Battles
11h 58m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
14h 58m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 58m
Replay Cast
22h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 10h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.