• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:49
CEST 13:49
KST 20:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10083 users

[M] (2) Bifrost [work in progress]

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Johanaz
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark363 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-28 19:20:15
September 27 2010 08:52 GMT
#1
-Warning- This NOT a port of the original - I have since renamed it-

I have done a ton of maps for Warcraft II, Total Annihilation and Supreme Commander, and I am a total newb at SC2 with tons yet to learn about balancing with regards to different races, weapon ranges and such. I posted this map because... - well, read on if you wanna know...

[image loading]


I got a little tired of doing the standard cliffs/ramps layout on my maps, so I have been working on a little side project with zero ramps and cliffs. Instead I have used the editors height tools and pathing brushes to creat something completely different.

Overview:+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


It´s published on EU server and is ready to go for 1v1 melee. Resource layout is standard (main, nat, 3rd and gold) x 2.

Hope to get some feedback - not least in terms of graphic performance. My Q6600 + 8800GTS did experience a slight drop in framerates at one point, but I´m not sure what caused it (AI vs AI - massive battle).

My Map Thread
TPW Map Maker - theplanetaryworkshop.com
RedTerror
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
New Zealand742 Posts
September 27 2010 09:04 GMT
#2
Dude that looks sick!
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
September 27 2010 09:15 GMT
#3
This is something I've been thinking a lot about. I wish I could see this first hand. Any chance it'll find its way onto NA server?
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
vx70GTOJudgexv
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3161 Posts
September 27 2010 09:29 GMT
#4
Not gonna lie, I thought this was going to be a port of the BW map. Still looks pretty cool.
(-_-) BW for ever. #1 Iris fan.
Amadi
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland139 Posts
September 27 2010 09:31 GMT
#5
It's allright, I can't find it in EU either. I first tried the search, and when it awarded nothing, I went to maps, melee, 1v1 and scrolled all the maps in there. No success.
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
September 27 2010 16:04 GMT
#6
How about some pics?
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
Madsquare
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany157 Posts
September 27 2010 16:40 GMT
#7
Custom map search is bugged on EU. Please write a ticket to make blizzard fix it asap.


Looks really interesting. That techniqe would sure make for some epic mountain mission-style maps.

Though its a pitty that it doesnt look possible to make a competive melee map out of this, for obvious reasons.
I do not obey any norms. I redefine standard with every thought I make.
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
September 27 2010 16:45 GMT
#8
--- Nuked ---
TryThis
Profile Joined February 2007
Canada1522 Posts
September 27 2010 16:58 GMT
#9
On September 27 2010 18:29 vx70GTOJudgexv wrote:
Not gonna lie, I thought this was going to be a port of the BW map. Still looks pretty cool.


exactly what i was thinking too, but i cant see that map working too well in sc2.

im gunna try this one out alot if it ever gets published on NA
Dwell
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-27 18:37:05
September 27 2010 18:31 GMT
#10
On September 27 2010 18:29 vx70GTOJudgexv wrote:
Not gonna lie, I thought this was going to be a port of the BW map. Still looks pretty cool.


Me too, I was all stoked. But this map looks sick too! Very interesting style, any chance we can get a full picture? I could upload it on US if you want, when you're done with it
good vibes only
dezi
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1536 Posts
September 27 2010 19:43 GMT
#11
Looks very choked and the main looks small (in this teaser pic). Also don't forget that buildings always will flatten the ground they are build on and this way maybe destroy the aesthetic of the map.
TPW Member | My Maps @ TL: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=171486 | Search 'dezi' at EU
Madsquare
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany157 Posts
September 27 2010 20:03 GMT
#12
concerning symetrie: copy paste should copy heights too, no?
I do not obey any norms. I redefine standard with every thought I make.
burningDog
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands59 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-27 20:18:45
September 27 2010 20:14 GMT
#13
Looks verry cool, I'd love to see some more pictures aswell.

But gameplay wise, it kinda kill the highground mechanics. You could put sightblockers on on the "cliffs" but then the units on the high ground can't look down either. Or did you find an other way to do this?

edit: g*dd*mn Battle.net can't find it, I'l try again tomorrow
Johanaz
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark363 Posts
September 27 2010 22:26 GMT
#14
Oops didn´t realize I took a name from BW. I was going for Norse mythology as I´ve done with a previous map of mine. I will delete it and re-publish it under a different name.

The map is perfectly symmetric. Copy-rotate-pasted half the map. There are slight variations in the pathing as it is done by hand, but I have double-checked and matched each choke width.

As for high/low dynamics, I have tried to use cliffs in combination with the height tools, but it´s just too hard to make it look good. I will keep practicing though. A one-way LOS blocker would really be useful, but I haven´t figured that one out yet. Might be solved with the data editor, but I suck at coding.

Here´s a bunch of screens:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


As for availability outside EU server I am looking to recruit some non-mappers to publish my maps on NA and SEA, just pm me or something if you are interested.

And thanks for the positive feedback!
TPW Map Maker - theplanetaryworkshop.com
StimD
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Norway738 Posts
September 27 2010 22:34 GMT
#15
man, the map name bifrost brings back a lot of memories..those were the days! your map looks cool though
TedJustice
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1324 Posts
September 27 2010 22:36 GMT
#16
It's really nice looking, and it's got some good ideas behind it, but I think it might be a little too cramped. There's barely any room to maneuver around, by the looks of it.
Clup
Profile Joined September 2010
United States7 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-27 22:48:18
September 27 2010 22:47 GMT
#17
I like the concept, and it definitely looks good. Except there isn't a single zerg player in the world that would play on this map. Very narrow path ways and no real flank opportunities.
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
September 27 2010 22:47 GMT
#18
So.. how about a pic of the whole map?
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
Gaius Baltar
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States449 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-28 00:43:26
September 28 2010 00:41 GMT
#19
Impressive work, I tried a little of this and I failed pretty badly. Just make sure the ground at your expansions is completely flat, otherwise it gets warped when you place a building.
McCheese
Profile Joined July 2010
208 Posts
September 28 2010 02:17 GMT
#20
This is a really cool Idea. I was also thinking about this idea but never really tried. Besides the pathing tool, make sure you use the build blocking tool too. and there is a tool (i think) and know for sure that there are doodads for blocking LoS. (not just the LoS blockers either like the plants and shit, theres like little white circles or something). But I like this. I wanna download it or at least look at it in game...too bad its not on NA server tho. =/ Great work btw.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 750
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs AqueroN
CranKy Ducklings185
CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27822
Shuttle 11724
FanTaSy 1602
Hyuk 1022
Horang2 564
BeSt 495
Mini 288
Pusan 240
Stork 213
EffOrt 162
[ Show more ]
Killer 143
Last 138
Zeus 122
Mind 90
ggaemo 69
Hyun 54
PianO 42
Snow 42
sorry 39
ToSsGirL 36
Bale 31
Hm[arnc] 30
JYJ 25
Aegong 22
zelot 18
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe355
Dendi266
Counter-Strike
fl0m2404
byalli801
x6flipin478
Other Games
gofns33915
singsing2939
B2W.Neo852
Hui .96
ArmadaUGS86
Livibee66
Mew2King62
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick648
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream75
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 11m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 11m
Replay Cast
11h 11m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 11m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 11m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.