• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:48
CEST 20:48
KST 03:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7334 users

[M] Python - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Zoltan
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States656 Posts
August 18 2010 19:22 GMT
#21
Instead of 3 watch towers, have you considered 2 on a diagonal in the middle? That way you dont ruin the highground advantage at the corner expos while still revealing teh whole midle?\
'HOW LONG HAVE THOSE REAPERS BEEN KILLING MY PROBES?!?!
TriniMasta
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1323 Posts
August 19 2010 01:08 GMT
#22
On August 18 2010 14:08 neobowman wrote:
I don't see why the island is easier to take than before. Epecially with Nydus worms and Warp-in with Warp prisms.

I don't really care much about high ground mechanic in SC2. If you're that late into the game that you're taking or attacking the corner expos, then you're going to have air units anyway.

The mineral trick will still work as far as I know. You can't unload scvs while in the air... I think. The Command Centre/Orbital command has no room to land.

And yes, I appreciate your comments.

The point of it is so that you need at least tier 2 to take the island. Nydus and warp prisms about ABOUT equivalent to medivacs.
정명훈 FIGHTING!!! Play both T and P.
TriniMasta
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1323 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-19 01:12:42
August 19 2010 01:12 GMT
#23
On August 18 2010 14:30 prodiG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2010 14:25 Pistolfied wrote:
CCs can load and unload SCVs while in the air and a mule call down makes it far too easy to get at the island. Terrans have a large advantage in terms of taking a 3rd because of that.

i'm like 95% sure CC's can't unload scv's while they're flying o_o


edit: what's with the gas in the way of the ramp on two of the bases but not the other? :/

+1
I think gas positioning is a bit awkward.
EDIT: Crap sorry so much for double posting, forgot I already commented before I saw this comment.
정명훈 FIGHTING!!! Play both T and P.
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
August 19 2010 02:30 GMT
#24
sweet map, but i think it would be better without the towers, or maybe just the middle one, i dont like the other two.
Kill the Deathball
Antares777
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1971 Posts
August 19 2010 06:02 GMT
#25
On August 18 2010 23:02 sfdrew wrote:
I never liked the original, but this looks like a pretty faithful rendition.


*gasp*

You never liked Python?!

All I played was that and LT in BW.
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
August 19 2010 06:22 GMT
#26
I have the update pretty much done but I'm too lazy to get the pictures up. You'll get the new version tommorrow.
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
August 19 2010 20:44 GMT
#27
Update is up.
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
August 19 2010 20:49 GMT
#28
Just played this map on BW to get psyched about it!!! Looking forward to it
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
Antares777
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1971 Posts
August 19 2010 23:22 GMT
#29
I just searched this map on Battle.net and the number on the left indicating the number of spawn locations said 5. I have no idea why, but that should be fixed if it has not been already.
Exteray
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1094 Posts
August 19 2010 23:36 GMT
#30
The choke from the natural extending to the middle battleground seems narrower than the python in SC:BW
phfantunes
Profile Joined April 2010
Brazil170 Posts
August 19 2010 23:56 GMT
#31
Any chance you can upload the map somewhere for the non-NA players?
theBlues
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
El Salvador638 Posts
August 20 2010 00:20 GMT
#32
I just tried this map and got mass void rays in return...
Change a vote, and change the world
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
August 20 2010 02:23 GMT
#33
Thanks for the comments. I'll take a look at the map.

The natural chokes may be slightly narrower, but the better pathfinding in sc2 makes up for it.
Taosu
Profile Joined August 2010
Ukraine1074 Posts
August 21 2010 13:40 GMT
#34
Why are there water borders?
Also fan of Hyuk, Pure, free, Action, Stats, Leta, Horang2, Snow, Flying, Shuttle, Movie, Paralyze
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-21 13:59:13
August 21 2010 13:57 GMT
#35
Mostly because I constantly found new bugs to fix (such as a shark flying in the air) and had to correct them.

How could you possibly classify something like that as a bug? A flying Shark sounds like a feature to me, and I demand you re-add it.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
hadoken5
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada519 Posts
August 21 2010 18:30 GMT
#36
I like the remake, but I disapprove with not putting gas at some expansions, and the triple gas expansions favor Terran as they can just lift off and go there at the start and get an early gas lead.
Antares777
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1971 Posts
August 22 2010 03:15 GMT
#37
I agree with hadoken5. Add gas to the high yield expansions and remove the extra geyser at the island expansion. There are also ten minerals in the main bases. This is really overpowered and favors turtling. I hate ppl who turtle. Change it to eight.
neobowman
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3324 Posts
August 22 2010 05:09 GMT
#38
Updated, not enough to warrent a change to OP.

I added flying shark in the middle.

I kept the gas and mineral counts as they are. First, I want incentive for players to take the island even though it's harder to hold because of the various ways to get there and the fact that you have destructibles to kill before taking it. Second, I like the mineral only bases as they are because they're already gold and don't need anything extra.

The naturals only have 7 mineral patches, compared to the normal 8. I added 1 to the main to improve 1 base play for Zerg against Terran so they aren't forced to take their natural as fast. Might not work as intended but either way, the nat and main combined only have 1 mineral patch more than normal. It's fine.
No0n
Profile Joined March 2010
United States355 Posts
August 22 2010 05:32 GMT
#39
I dont really like the 2 watch towers in the middle, it might be too easy for terrans to see a flank incoming from a zerg player, I suggest either 1 tower in middle or no towers. Great map though, Im happy to play it either way.
Park Sang Woo(Sea.Really) Fighting! E-STRO forever.
G_Wen
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada525 Posts
August 22 2010 06:11 GMT
#40
On August 22 2010 14:09 neobowman wrote:
The naturals only have 7 mineral patches, compared to the normal 8. I added 1 to the main to improve 1 base play for Zerg against Terran so they aren't forced to take their natural as fast. Might not work as intended but either way, the nat and main combined only have 1 mineral patch more than normal. It's fine.


Interesting choice I'd really like to see how this works out but do you think it diminishes the importance of a natural for zerg? I find that zergs have to struggle to gain an advantage early on and they should be rewarded for holding the natural. I'll be interesting to test how well zerg does given a 9/8 instead of a 9/7 mineral spread.

As the the overall feel of the map I like it. Can colossus was over the chokes at the naturals?

I understand this is very early initial release but I'd really like to see this map become more polished. Replacing impassible cliffs with trees and such. Other than that great job!
ESV Mapmaking Team
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 240
ProTech164
BRAT_OK 55
JuggernautJason28
MindelVK 21
CosmosSc2 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23630
Shuttle 694
Hyuk 174
White-Ra 140
Dewaltoss 98
firebathero 76
Trap 48
ToSsGirL 28
Sacsri 23
Shine 19
[ Show more ]
Bale 17
Rock 16
Dota 2
Gorgc9761
qojqva1507
Counter-Strike
fl0m1560
Fnx 811
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King89
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2113
Khaldor1361
crisheroes1314
Liquid`Hasu468
Other Games
summit1g4186
FrodaN1534
Beastyqt643
Mlord318
XBOCT296
ArmadaUGS179
C9.Mang0179
QueenE83
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV236
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream57
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH325
• StrangeGG 75
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 16
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie937
• Shiphtur329
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 12m
CranKy Ducklings
15h 12m
Online Event
16h 12m
FEL
21h 12m
AI Arena Tournament
22h 12m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.