• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:32
CEST 11:32
KST 18:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6494 users

Custom Map Upload Exchange

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-01 00:27:36
August 02 2010 16:43 GMT
#1
As you may know it's only possible to upload 10 maps on each account. It means that people who only have 1 account (like most probably) have to decide which 10 of all their maps they want to publish. I think that's stupid. Now in my opinion it would be really cool to have someone you can just send your latest maps/version and they would publish it. Simple and fast way to get more than 10 maps out in public. Now of course for that to work there have to be people without intention of creating own maps, hence some free mapslots who are willing to do some extra work for the sake of all the people who'd like to play all those custom maps.

The other thing is that you can only publish maps on Bnet of your region. So that's where it's starting to get a bit more complex, because suddenly one mapmaker might need 3 or more uploaders. I seriously have no idea if it's even possible to find a hand full of people willing to do this, but as long as it doesn't cost to ask I think we can try it.

So what can you do in this thread?

- First determine whether you're looking for an uploader or you'd like to offer your services as one.
- If you're looking for uploaders, clarify how many you need and from what server(s). If you'd like to be an uploader, say how many slots on what server(s) you can provide.
- Everything additional is kinda optional. You can list all your maps, link to your Map Thread or give a quick introduction of yourself.
- After you found someone you can exchange informations/links/messenger names per PM.

What you shouldn't do in this threat!!

- Please don't spam this thread with descriptions and pictures of all your maps. Keep it simple and manageable.
- Once you've found someone, don't post download links, exchange informations etc. in here. Do all that per PM or some messenger. This topic for the search of people only.


Here's a short example how it should look like as a provider:

I can offer my account (EU) with 5 free slots to someone who likes pie just as much as me. I like pie very much. First PM gets it.


And here's an example and at the same time my own application:


Hi, I'm a parttime mapmaker from Europe and I need more slots on EU, a few on US and possibly on Asia. My current mappool contains at the moment 7 maps with one in the making, so 5 additional slots on EU and 10 on US&Asia each would be perfect for now. You can find all my maps here.
My suggestion for sending the maps would be with a link via PM. I'd be very glad for some help. Me would thank long time.

Cheers FTR


Ps. Please don't misunderstand, the intention of this idea is not to give other users your account informations so they can log in and publish their maps, but for the creators to send you the maps so you can publish them. Also 10 slots = 1 person.

Tutorial on how to publish a map:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
You can find the option "Publish" under File.

[image loading]
1 - You'll probably have to login with your Battle Net account.
2 - Set Release to "Public" and Revision to whatever the creator tells you. Not very important.
3 - Set Modus to "Locked", that prevents other people from downloading and changing the map.
4 - If needed, you can change the publishing name of the map here.
5 - This is the field where errors may be listed. If the mapmaker did everything right and you followed all the steps correctly, that shouldn't be the case.
6 - OK GO! You now started the publishing the map and if everything's right it will upload the map to the server.

Now if the creator wants to update a map you'll have to delete the old version from your space. Nothing easyier then that:

[image loading]
Click "Manage Published"

[image loading]
Mark the map that should be replaced and click "Remove From Account". Now all you have to do is type "DELETE" in all capital letters into the box and repete the publishing part with the new version of the map.
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
luxx
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States140 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-02 17:41:34
August 02 2010 17:12 GMT
#2
You realize that even if other people host it on different regions, no one will be able to play that map unless it is on the popular list? And even if they host it themselves, no one will be able to join their game?

The system is broken, and so I would not spend much time publishing across regions until it is fixed or Blizzard is made aware of the problem.
Lead Developer Z33K.com
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
August 02 2010 18:13 GMT
#3
So what you're saying is that people shouldn't play custom maps? If they're not on the popular list we shouldn't even try to get them there? Also you can just search for maps and host it for playing with friends. I already played some of my maps over Bnet. After reading your whole thread I really don't see what it has to do with anything here, sry :/

As long as you know the name of the map and you're more than 1 person you won't have any problems with playing on the map.
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
August 02 2010 18:28 GMT
#4
On August 03 2010 02:12 luxx wrote:
You realize that even if other people host it on different regions, no one will be able to play that map unless it is on the popular list? And even if they host it themselves, no one will be able to join their game?

The system is broken, and so I would not spend much time publishing across regions until it is fixed or Blizzard is made aware of the problem.


I've played plenty of iCCup maps and custom melee.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
NukeTheBunnys
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1004 Posts
August 02 2010 19:10 GMT
#5
sure no one will join the game, but that not a problem for melee maps since most of the time when you are creating a melee game its so you can play with a friend/practice partner

in anycase I'll offer up 3 of my US slots to the first person to PM me
When you play the game of drones you win or you die.
gawk
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany310 Posts
August 03 2010 06:53 GMT
#6
Nice idea.
I offer my 5 slots on EU so we can play more of those maps which are currently on US only.
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-04 09:05:52
August 03 2010 08:24 GMT
#7
This is a great idea. Until blizzard fixes their horrible broken custom map service, I will be willing to offer my 5 slots on the US server. I'm not sure how to upload the maps though, so whoever wants me to upload theirs should let me know

Edit: First come first serve. I won't be able to upload for at least another 18 hours (tomorrow evening, US time).

Edit2: Successfully uploaded 5 maps for FlopTurnReaver. If you see a map published by Meta, know that it's his creation and I could never hope to create anything that good
good vibes only
bluefuzz
Profile Joined March 2010
United States112 Posts
August 04 2010 07:28 GMT
#8
I would love to help the mapping community out, you can have my 5 slots on NA server.
In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
TheFinalWord
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia790 Posts
August 04 2010 08:21 GMT
#9
Whoever made battlecraft seriously, it's not on the SEA server, only some really old beta version that sucks and you can only build 4 different units. Someone pm the link to battlecraft and I'll upload it.
d4d
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
Switzerland1066 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-22 07:14:13
August 04 2010 08:44 GMT
#10
5 slots to use here! Europe! PM me...

edit : 4 slots left
one used by axis of industry 1.1, go play it on Europe!
luck is not a factor
TL+ Member
Goodly
Profile Joined July 2010
United States8 Posts
August 04 2010 09:37 GMT
#11
On August 03 2010 01:43 FlopTurnReaver wrote:
... Now in my opinion it would be really cool to have someone you can just send your latest maps/version and they would publish it. Simple and fast way to get more than 5 maps out in public.


I think i'm misunderstanding your idea.

How does someone publishing a map I made (that isn't on the top 50 maps) allow me to play it? (assuming all 5 of my publishing slots are full)?

If people are volunteering as surrogate map hosts, putting their 5 slots up for charity, unless they're currently hosting a game, I can't play it.

So for example: If i have 10 maps I like playing (again not on the top 50) and I want to play the 9th, and 1 random person is a surrogate publisher, how does this help me play more maps?

Does this surrogate system rely on people hosting games of their surrogate maps? If so I I think it will rely on the individual to seek out maps that they like to play, rather than hosing 5 random maps off of TL.net.

Please clear up my confusion!

Thanks



He was born and then he powned face.
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-04 15:51:24
August 04 2010 15:50 GMT
#12
I seriously have no clue why so many people are talking about the popular list etc. This system makes it possible for people to play custom maps of which they know that they are published. They can use the search, host a game on that map and play with friends. I know, the chances are low that you can just upen a game and some random person will join.

Thanks for all the people willing to provide their slots so far, just looks like noone wants to upload their maps on the other servers :/
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
Belegorm
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States330 Posts
August 04 2010 16:23 GMT
#13
On August 04 2010 18:37 Goodly wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2010 01:43 FlopTurnReaver wrote:
... Now in my opinion it would be really cool to have someone you can just send your latest maps/version and they would publish it. Simple and fast way to get more than 5 maps out in public.


I think i'm misunderstanding your idea.

How does someone publishing a map I made (that isn't on the top 50 maps) allow me to play it? (assuming all 5 of my publishing slots are full)?

If people are volunteering as surrogate map hosts, putting their 5 slots up for charity, unless they're currently hosting a game, I can't play it.

So for example: If i have 10 maps I like playing (again not on the top 50) and I want to play the 9th, and 1 random person is a surrogate publisher, how does this help me play more maps?

Does this surrogate system rely on people hosting games of their surrogate maps? If so I I think it will rely on the individual to seek out maps that they like to play, rather than hosing 5 random maps off of TL.net.

Please clear up my confusion!

Thanks






All the guy's doing is making it so people can publish more maps, take it as it is. Obviously the popularity system is broken, but if people hear about maps for example, on the tl.net forums they'll start playing them and if they're melee maps for competitive play then people will test them. If they get used by tournaments a lot of people will play them.

However, this is mainly people playing with their friends/clan/team/practice partners. It's a way of getting around the popularity system.

BTW, if anyone wants 5 slots for maps on the NA server, send me a PM If I was ever going to try to make some maps (probably not), than it'd be so far in the future that they'd have hopefully improved this system by then.
MUM GIVE ME SOME SCISSORS!!!
Slakter
Profile Joined January 2010
Sweden1947 Posts
September 19 2010 15:29 GMT
#14
I want some people for uploading my remake of Colosseum PM me if youre intrested, I want people from SEA and US.
Protoss, can't live with em', can't kill em'.
Bluebirrd
Profile Joined September 2010
Norway13 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-20 15:21:37
September 20 2010 15:19 GMT
#15
I don't make maps, so I'll gladly give up my slots to get more customs uploaded. I'm on EU.

Also it would be nice to have a little how-to on uploading maps in the OP, as I and probably others who never intended to upload don't know how. I'm sure it's super easy and intuitive, but still.
En Taro Pylo
howerpower
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States619 Posts
September 20 2010 16:36 GMT
#16
I've got 5 mapslots for the US server.

Just pm me and I'll get back to you asap, at school during the day though.

also, I'd prefer to host melee maps like some really good iccup maps, so idk I guess I'll just see how many people respnd to this.
garbanzo
Profile Joined October 2009
United States4046 Posts
September 20 2010 17:45 GMT
#17
On August 04 2010 18:37 Goodly wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2010 01:43 FlopTurnReaver wrote:
... Now in my opinion it would be really cool to have someone you can just send your latest maps/version and they would publish it. Simple and fast way to get more than 5 maps out in public.


I think i'm misunderstanding your idea.

How does someone publishing a map I made (that isn't on the top 50 maps) allow me to play it? (assuming all 5 of my publishing slots are full)?

If people are volunteering as surrogate map hosts, putting their 5 slots up for charity, unless they're currently hosting a game, I can't play it.

So for example: If i have 10 maps I like playing (again not on the top 50) and I want to play the 9th, and 1 random person is a surrogate publisher, how does this help me play more maps?

Does this surrogate system rely on people hosting games of their surrogate maps? If so I I think it will rely on the individual to seek out maps that they like to play, rather than hosing 5 random maps off of TL.net.

Please clear up my confusion!

Thanks



I think your misunderstanding is that if someone else publishes your map then you can't play it if it's not on the popular list? As far as I can tell you're able to create games from any publicly published maps. Not just your own. So you can still just create a new game on the map by searching for it.
Even during difficult times, when I sat down to play the game, there were times where it felt like god has descended down and played [for me].
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
September 21 2010 16:22 GMT
#18
Keke I put a short Tutorial on how to publish a map at the end of the first post.
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
January 16 2011 15:21 GMT
#19
I heard that many people, especially around the time of the MotM competition, were looking for people on other servers to upload their maps. Since this thread is a bit older I figured that people probably either forgot or never knew about it.

Hope it helps some people.
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
funcmode
Profile Joined June 2010
Australia720 Posts
February 05 2011 11:54 GMT
#20
I'm looking for someone who's interested in publishing my latest map Neonights to the US region (and other regions if people are interested in doing so).

I'm looking for ideally a very active member of the community, as I've collaborated with a few individuals in the past and (no offence to any who read this ) they either seem to randomly go AWOL on me or don't respond to PM's/emails as fast as I'd like.

So basically I'm looking for someone with no life, knowing your way around the map editor is a bonus but not essential - if you think you fit this description, I'd love to hear from you!
@funcmode - TPW Mapmaking Team - theplanetaryworkshop.com
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1382
Bisu 961
Soma 436
EffOrt 179
hero 174
Pusan 106
HiyA 82
ZerO 49
sorry 40
Killer 38
[ Show more ]
soO 35
Bale 26
Rush 24
Mong 23
Shinee 21
Sharp 18
Terrorterran 11
Noble 10
JulyZerg 9
Counter-Strike
edward57
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft824
crisheroes651
Other Games
gofns52331
olofmeister1243
singsing1141
ceh9565
Livibee213
Pyrionflax140
ArmadaUGS35
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream557
Other Games
gamesdonequick524
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 18
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH325
• StrangeGG 35
• LUISG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2369
League of Legends
• Jankos1551
• Rush1497
• Stunt392
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
28m
Afreeca Starleague
28m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
14h 28m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.