• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:44
CEST 01:44
KST 08:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9132 users

Simple Questions/Answers - Page 27

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 182 Next
Hyren
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States817 Posts
January 30 2011 23:49 GMT
#521
mmmmk. So while I was a making a melee map, it became really glitched at some point. I didn't even notice until one of my friends pointed it out. Look at the cliffs:

Before
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

After
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I'm not 100% sure, but I think it happened when I used Textures to convert man-made cliffs to organic cliffs because I was having problems when man-made and organic cliffs met.

I do not have an earlier version of the map. fml.

Any ideas on how to fix it?
Power-tripping mod for Trump's stream
funcmode
Profile Joined June 2010
Australia720 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-31 00:10:12
January 31 2011 00:08 GMT
#522
Kind of hard to tell in the picture but I would guess it's Show Hidden Terrain Cells, or CTRL+T.

Would be easier if you took a close up of one of the cliffs.

If you want to allow man-made and natural cliffs to meet you need to turn on Cliff Merging, under Tools > Brush or SHIFT+I.
@funcmode - TPW Mapmaking Team - theplanetaryworkshop.com
Hyren
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States817 Posts
January 31 2011 00:21 GMT
#523
Show Hidden Terrain Cells worked like a charm. <3 <3 <3
Power-tripping mod for Trump's stream
United
Profile Joined December 2010
United States9 Posts
January 31 2011 06:13 GMT
#524
How do I rotate the map? For instance if I'm trying to do something like add/remove a cliff but can't see what I'm doing because I need to turn the map 180 degrees to be able to see.

I've been googling it, and messing around in all the menus but honestly can't find anything that allows me to "turn/rotate" the map. I'm sure the button will be right in front of me but I'm just missing it.
Hyren
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States817 Posts
January 31 2011 10:37 GMT
#525
@United- hold down shift+arrow key
Power-tripping mod for Trump's stream
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
January 31 2011 10:47 GMT
#526
Wasn't there a post there before?

Ctrl % right click, at least on a PC.

If you're mac idk
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Srule
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada181 Posts
February 01 2011 01:38 GMT
#527
I was looking at sc2ranks and startale has lots of memebers ranked very high. Why have we not seen any startale members in the GSL?
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
February 01 2011 02:44 GMT
#528
Does anyone know how to hide these names of these terrain objects? They show up in the editor on game view and in my export map image window (with points hidden)

[image loading]
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
funcmode
Profile Joined June 2010
Australia720 Posts
February 01 2011 03:48 GMT
#529
View > Show Helper Models, maybe?

I don't like using terrain objects for reasons like this, they seem pretty poorly implemented from my experience.
@funcmode - TPW Mapmaking Team - theplanetaryworkshop.com
EonShiKeno
Profile Joined July 2010
United States122 Posts
February 01 2011 06:12 GMT
#530
Is there a IRC room custom map / modders use as a resource to talk and help each other?
ihasaKAROT
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4730 Posts
February 01 2011 10:37 GMT
#531
Not sure, if we dont, we shud get one

Also, when texturing a map with lets say a set of big tiles, the tiles are set. You can 'paint' them in but you cant move the actual texture...

Or can you?

So for example when Ive got this:

[image loading]

I want to archieve this, by positioning the textures different and not the entire map:

[image loading]

black - wall
brown - tiling texture
KCCO!
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
February 01 2011 18:30 GMT
#532
How can I correctly fix the Referee/Spectator issue? I get referee jumping on random players and I can't take it off or make others referee. What's the correct way to have it so you can easily switch between Ref/Spectator mode in the lobby?
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
oddeye
Profile Joined March 2005
Canada716 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-02 02:25:37
February 02 2011 02:22 GMT
#533
How do I add new units? Everytime I try to add new units basically the map the unit never has a model.

I hope this is correct place to ask, give me link to tutorial if you have cause it might be long to explain. Thanks!
Your soul shall suffer!
EonShiKeno
Profile Joined July 2010
United States122 Posts
February 02 2011 02:52 GMT
#534
Even if we dont have a IRC channel we should have a common chat room in game. Any ideas?

"galaxy editors" or something like that?
LucifKaiser
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3 Posts
February 02 2011 05:23 GMT
#535
Dumb question I was just trying to place minerals but I couldnt put them in the corners of the map is there a way to fix this or is it supposed be like that
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
February 02 2011 05:53 GMT
#536
--- Nuked ---
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
February 02 2011 07:02 GMT
#537
On February 02 2011 11:22 oddeye wrote:
How do I add new units? Everytime I try to add new units basically the map the unit never has a model.

I hope this is correct place to ask, give me link to tutorial if you have cause it might be long to explain. Thanks!

You have to add in the model, or link a current model to it. I don't have a link, but I'd suggest searching here or on sc2mapster.com
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Johanaz
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark363 Posts
February 02 2011 08:57 GMT
#538
@ ihasaKAROT: I have a lot of experience with this. If you check out my maps, Gas Chamber & Thunder Temple, you can see how I aligned the entire map after the big tiles.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


To answer your question, no you can´t. However, you can copy/paste the entire map, and thus shift it to align with the textures. I know it´s a drag (pun). Just try if you can reposition that choke to align with the tiles.
TPW Map Maker - theplanetaryworkshop.com
ihasaKAROT
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4730 Posts
February 02 2011 15:01 GMT
#539
Drat, I was afraid it wasnt possible. Also, your maps were the root of my question ^^ big fan big fan
KCCO!
WniO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2706 Posts
February 03 2011 08:12 GMT
#540
how do you turn on the skybox in the editor? like so when i move the camera looking up its not just black sky
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft321
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta14
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft321
Nina 96
ViBE78
SpeCial 63
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 168
Noble 79
Hyuk 61
NaDa 41
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm138
League of Legends
Doublelift3993
Counter-Strike
minikerr9
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox384
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5262
Khaldor628
Other Games
summit1g7764
FrodaN1720
Coldzera 804
shahzam539
JimRising 418
C9.Mang0298
KnowMe212
ArmadaUGS61
Mew2King47
CosmosSc2 15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick755
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream79
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH359
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21137
Other Games
• imaqtpie763
• Shiphtur161
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 16m
Online Event
11h 16m
FEL
16h 16m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 16m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 16m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.