• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:13
CEST 23:13
KST 06:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20269Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8848 users

SC2 production? - Page 2

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
kilergrunt
Profile Joined July 2011
United States263 Posts
September 24 2011 23:24 GMT
#21
I'm sorry but I don't speak Korean very well and would rather listen in English.
Select | iNkA | Tyler | Huk | Idra | Polt | NaNiwa | PuMa | Spanishiwa | DeMusliM | Slush
Matkap
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Spain627 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-24 23:27:13
September 24 2011 23:25 GMT
#22
On September 25 2011 07:41 Djagulingu wrote:
Gom's better parts:

1- They have flames.
2- Higher resolution which doesn't matter for people who don't pay.
3- Casting in English which is worse than Korean casters/commentators anyway.

OGN's better parts:

1- Much better observer
2- Much better casters (No offense but I'd never watch Tastosis and Gom observer when there is Kingdom/Kim Carrier/TheMarine and OGN observer around).
3- The advantage of being on Cable.
4- Times and times as much production value.
5- Easily accessible streams and VODs.
6- You don't need to download a player and pay for VODs.

Answer: Still asking?

Show nested quote +
On September 25 2011 07:28 Nikon wrote:
So yeah... how is GomTv winning this poll?

OGN is not trying to kill BW, that's how. For some reason, SC2 only guys have a tendency to troll BW forums with their "happiness" when there is a news of a team or channel disbanding. That gave me the impression.


do you say all that to you yourself when you go to sleep at nights? jeez relax..and well, why would I care if its on cable if im watching through the internet? you dont need a player for gom vods, and well, I would rather have casters that I understand you know, I guess that when tasteless was casting BW you didnt hate on him as much...

I did like as well OGN of course and they`re a lot of really cool things there that are miles ahed of GOM, but its not like they do everything wrong
A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on after him, and in that way he becomes immortal.
xBillehx
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States1289 Posts
September 24 2011 23:25 GMT
#23
Watching WCG yesterday on OGN made me feel like Starcraft 2 just came home. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love GOM but they're two different beasts. OGN's studio is much better (though they need 4 booths plz) & it automatically gets on OGN's TV channel so that puts it up high for me. I'm also used to OGN commentators from BW so it was great to see them dab in SC2. Would prefer that they upgrade from 4:3 though, it looked super weird compared to GOM, haha.
Taengoo ♥
casualman
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1198 Posts
September 24 2011 23:31 GMT
#24
Doom zooms really makes the OGN experience. We need some of that in GOM!
GuMiho <3
Oreo7
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1647 Posts
September 24 2011 23:43 GMT
#25
Minus the lack of Tastosis commentary I prefer ogn. The zoom in on players faces and the much more open studio was very nice. It also felt more right if that makes sense.
Stork HerO and Protoss everywhere - redfive on bnet
zyzq
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3123 Posts
September 24 2011 23:50 GMT
#26
OGN is DAEBAK
JayDee_
Profile Joined June 2010
548 Posts
September 25 2011 00:11 GMT
#27
gom has tastetosis. enough said
Al Bundy
Profile Joined April 2010
7257 Posts
September 25 2011 00:15 GMT
#28
It seems that people don't really enjoy the 4:3 as well as the korean commentary. Personally I totally agree with the complaints about the screen format, but I don't mind the korean commentators. To be honest it reminds me of BW and its glorious tournaments. Not to mention they are actually excited by the games and they share that excitement, unlike the GSL commentators. All in all watching Sc2 WCG on OGN made me feel good and hopeful.
o choro é livre
Cassel_Castle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States820 Posts
September 25 2011 00:17 GMT
#29
complaints about Korean commentary


It's a tournament in Korea on Korean TV that only Koreans can play in. Not everyone can be Dreamhack and broadcast in 20 languages.
00Visor
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
4337 Posts
September 25 2011 00:19 GMT
#30
You can't really compare them. One is made for TV, one for online streaming.
I liked OGN, because the whole atmosphere was new and fresh, I feel the stage is a lot better, players are not hidden dark away from the casters.
For me GSL stream still had more production value.
awesomo0O
Profile Joined November 2010
Tuvalu59 Posts
September 25 2011 00:28 GMT
#31
I voted for ogn, but i gotta say their 3:4 very low definition isnt helping them....lets hope they get their shit fixed soon and enter the 3rd millennium like the rest of TV channels
hYrasD
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany164 Posts
September 25 2011 00:29 GMT
#32
I am new and never watched BW but i have to say that i really enjoyed the OGN broadcast very flawless production.
IMMVP || coLMVPDRG || SlayerSMMA || EG DeMusliM || Hwaiting!
critique
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States135 Posts
September 25 2011 00:30 GMT
#33
OGN's production was undeniably top notch. Even as someone who never gave two cares about broodwar, it was cool to see SC2 given the OSL treatment. That said, GOM pays english language casters. My heart skipped a beat when Hero got the fan-girl-scream when he was introduced, but casters in a language I speak trump casters in a language I don't speak.
I appreciate the pole, but I think it's almost a false dichotomy. Tastosis trumps all, but OGN's camera cuts, audience, and observer are certainly second to none. Both networks offer fantastic viewing experiences, but I think the english commentary is enough of a variable that the two experiences are not easily comparable. TL;DR, I hope BW and SC2 can live together happily in a beautiful oasis of esports.
rafaliusz
Profile Joined December 2009
Poland482 Posts
September 25 2011 00:33 GMT
#34
Aw sh*t I missed these quali's T_T. Are there any VODs available?
Sina92
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden1303 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-25 00:44:58
September 25 2011 00:44 GMT
#35
The poll options should be English GomTV's GSL & OGN's WCG Korea, because most of us don't watch the Korean version of GOMTV.
My penis is 15 inches long, I'm a Harvard professor and look better than Brad Pitt and Jake Gyllenhaal combined.
Yamulo
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2096 Posts
September 25 2011 01:01 GMT
#36
If ogn got better res ect to match sc2 it would be a landslide. I got much more excitement out of that +replay analysis.
~~~Liquid Fighting (SC2)~~~
Theeakoz
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1114 Posts
September 25 2011 01:23 GMT
#37
cmon OGN was obviously better
Please change the luck dependancy of spawning locations on rotationally symmetric maps.
Eishi_Ki
Profile Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1667 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-25 01:24:20
September 25 2011 01:24 GMT
#38
I dont know if this is just a personal gripe, but when GOM focuses on the crowd, does anyone else feel that they keep that shot into the awkward zone? I always enjoyed OGN's crowd shots because it would be of something specific like one face or one sign as opposed to 'the crowd' for about 30 seconds
jinwoooooooo
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States176 Posts
September 25 2011 01:35 GMT
#39
OGN probably broadcasted in 4:3 low res because that's the aspect ratio for BW, and BW isn't high res like SC2 is. That said, if OGN was actually dedicated to broadcasting SC2, there is no doubt in my mind that they would fix the aspect ratio and resolution.

As for the observers, the OGN obs is very skilled with handling the mouse and view of the screen. Just watch how he clicks the mini-map and directs the mouse around the screen--very clean and efficient. You'll notice that the OGN obs very rarely uses the arrow keys/ mouse scroll to move the view around and instead clicks on the mini-map to get the view desired. Day[9] talked about this before, but I can't remember where or when.

Contrast this to the GOM obs who is more frantic, for lack of a better term. He uses the arrow keys and mouse scroll to move around, and is click-happy. I can see why some people may prefer the GOM obs, cause it gives the illusion of a faster-paced game.

As for the casters, the apparent bias towards Tastosis by the SC2 community is no surprise--I feel the same bias towards the OGN casters since I used to watch BW broadcasts. I can't speak for the OGN casters' game knowledge however, since they know little to nothing about SC2. Despite this, they were still very good at casting (ie, moving the commentary along and reiterating things that happen in the game).

Personally, I very much prefer the Korean commentary not only for their game knowledge but also for their excitement and sense of creating an atmosphere, which can be universally understood by speakers and non-speakers both.
Orphenboy
Profile Joined April 2011
United States32 Posts
September 25 2011 02:07 GMT
#40
I have the same issue everyone else has, That the low res was just really bad for me, I don't have a problem with OGN or anything so i won't start a huge fight about this or that but for me I love watching SC2 in high quality especially since you can link it to a tv and watch.
Also I don't speak korean, even if the korean are really passionate about the game, I don't understand a word they are saying, it didn't stop me from watching since I wanted to see who would get into WCG but it definetly didn't feel comfortable.
Again not trying to start a flame war I know people love OGN and their casters but I didn't enjoy it as much as I normally do. I do think there should always be a korean stream for those that like the korean commentators but there should always be an english stream with tastosis to explain. If it wasn't for tastosis and their explanations while casting during the open seasons I never would have gotten into starcraft 2 like I have now, I remember in the old days when my friends would link BW games I couldn't watch the whole thing because I don't know much about BW and it was all in korean which didn't help.
In any case everyone likes what they like, I think it would be awesome if they could just have two streams running and people could choose as they wish, then maybe it would end 80% of all the arguing on forums.
Follow your nose!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 590
ProTech145
RuFF_SC2 112
Liquid`TLO 103
Nina 94
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19408
firebathero 91
Bale 22
PianO 15
Sacsri 4
Dota 2
Gorgc7774
monkeys_forever178
canceldota35
League of Legends
Doublelift3125
Counter-Strike
fl0m1026
Super Smash Bros
PPMD30
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu830
Other Games
summit1g5632
FrodaN1250
Beastyqt510
shahzam478
mouzStarbuck289
B2W.Neo262
ToD229
C9.Mang0141
RotterdaM91
UpATreeSC76
Mew2King38
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• mYiSmile113
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 21
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1156
• Shiphtur660
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 3m
Replay Cast
1h 48m
OSC
1d 1h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 12h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.