• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:51
CEST 15:51
KST 22:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8125 users

Power Rank 01/01/2011 - Page 34

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 56 Next
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 24 2011 13:34 GMT
#661
That was disgusting by Bisu. It's damn close in the top right now, there's no easy way to say objectively how the ranking should go. You're definitely gonna need a decent amount of subjectiveness to decide it.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
January 24 2011 13:46 GMT
#662
On January 24 2011 22:17 Mooncat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2011 14:20 Lightwip wrote:
Oh come on, how far are you willing to think Flash belongs as the very top when he doesn't accomplish anything? Perhaps the circumstances aren't right, and his results aren't padded by a number of all-kills. But you just assume he will get it. When 2 players are comparable except one has more tangible results vs more accomplishments a few months ago, I'd say the one with the results belongs higher. If Flash didn't have his results from the past, he wouldn't even be considered for #2/3 right now, maybe #5 or so at most. You can't know for sure that Flash would get a lot of all-kills, but with Bisu it's pretty much proven at this point that he will(because he has).
Benefit of the doubt shouldn't put you above having to put up results.


Your attitude is really getting annoying and you ought to know it by now. I'm not the first one to tell you that. You admit yourself that you're an absolute Flash hater, which makes it impossible for you to be anywhere near objective. So why don't you just stop talking about people you hate? It would raise the quality of your posts by an estimated 500%.

Everybody knows that you're just butthurt because Bisu is the one that hasn't been bringing in results for who knows how long now, despite his alleged talent.

Of course Flash would be considered for #2/#3 right now. How do you even define "without his past accomplishments"? It's impossible to just ignore the past because that's what brought him 72% overall win percentage, his insane ELO and ELO peaks, his aura, e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. Apart from that just by judging the quality of his games, if you actually watch them, you can clearly see he's (one of) the best. Furthermore you can't blame Flash for not getting sent out as early as Bisu in WL or his teammates for stepping up their game right when WL starts.

I haven't put any input in until now, and a big part of it was because I was pretty sure someone would be pretty fond of calling me out for supporting Bisu. Yes, I support Bisu, just as much as Flash fans support Flash; part of this is fanboyism. Yet you're calling me out for supporting him, with an argument filled with logical fallacy no less? And people call me an unreasonable fanboy. I find it ironic how hypocritical it is for you to call me out on lack of quality of posts when you post something like this.

I never said anything about not considering Flash either, I just said that if he didn't have his past and only his current accomplishment, he wouldn't even really be up there, showing that his past is considered.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
POWEROUTAGE
Profile Joined February 2010
Singapore884 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-24 14:03:02
January 24 2011 13:59 GMT
#663
Stork still has a firm hold on the number one position by virtue of his league performances, but as for number 2, I think Bisu has the slight edge.

I'd say that Flash's level of play right now is better, and is across all 3 match-ups as opposed to Bisu's 1 god class match-up(I have no idea why teams keep throwing zergs at him in spite of this) and 2 A-class level match ups, but bisu is simply the hotter player because he is fielded more and is on the back of 3 all kills. A player can't have much momentum when he isn't even fielded, so I guess in this aspect Flash is handicapped because Violet and Stats are just so good and Flash is on cleanup duty. Won't be surprised to see 1. Stork 2. Bisu 3. Flash next month.

EDIT: Assuming the PR is based on hotness. Right now I'm still not sure what exactly is the PR based on.
Stats. The new standard bearer of the protoss.
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
January 24 2011 14:02 GMT
#664
Well to be fair, even without his accomplishments he would probably rank pretty high on the rank, even if you count out the way he is playing and just looking at his results.
7 wins 0 losses.

Fantasy obviously hot right now.
Ssak - not so hot
Bisu - on fire
Snow - Great PvTer
Leta - great TvTer but not as strong as the others right now.
Skyhigh - rediculous TvT skills
Bogus - on a very hot winnersleague streak

All wins except against Ssak are against strong opponents.
Flash is the reason KT is the only undefeated team so far, as some other people have mentioned; he's the final boss and it's a hard game.
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
Mooncat
Profile Joined October 2007
Germany1228 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-24 14:09:50
January 24 2011 14:04 GMT
#665
On January 24 2011 22:46 Lightwip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2011 22:17 Mooncat wrote:
On January 24 2011 14:20 Lightwip wrote:
Oh come on, how far are you willing to think Flash belongs as the very top when he doesn't accomplish anything? Perhaps the circumstances aren't right, and his results aren't padded by a number of all-kills. But you just assume he will get it. When 2 players are comparable except one has more tangible results vs more accomplishments a few months ago, I'd say the one with the results belongs higher. If Flash didn't have his results from the past, he wouldn't even be considered for #2/3 right now, maybe #5 or so at most. You can't know for sure that Flash would get a lot of all-kills, but with Bisu it's pretty much proven at this point that he will(because he has).
Benefit of the doubt shouldn't put you above having to put up results.


Your attitude is really getting annoying and you ought to know it by now. I'm not the first one to tell you that. You admit yourself that you're an absolute Flash hater, which makes it impossible for you to be anywhere near objective. So why don't you just stop talking about people you hate? It would raise the quality of your posts by an estimated 500%.

Everybody knows that you're just butthurt because Bisu is the one that hasn't been bringing in results for who knows how long now, despite his alleged talent.

Of course Flash would be considered for #2/#3 right now. How do you even define "without his past accomplishments"? It's impossible to just ignore the past because that's what brought him 72% overall win percentage, his insane ELO and ELO peaks, his aura, e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. Apart from that just by judging the quality of his games, if you actually watch them, you can clearly see he's (one of) the best. Furthermore you can't blame Flash for not getting sent out as early as Bisu in WL or his teammates for stepping up their game right when WL starts.

I haven't put any input in until now, and a big part of it was because I was pretty sure someone would be pretty fond of calling me out for supporting Bisu. Yes, I support Bisu, just as much as Flash fans support Flash; part of this is fanboyism. Yet you're calling me out for supporting him, with an argument filled with logical fallacy no less? And people call me an unreasonable fanboy. I find it ironic how hypocritical it is for you to call me out on lack of quality of posts when you post something like this.

I never said anything about not considering Flash either, I just said that if he didn't have his past and only his current accomplishment, he wouldn't even really be up there, showing that his past is considered.


No, I'm not calling you out for supporting Bisu. I'm calling you out for bashing Flash every chance you get for no reason. If you hate someone, chances are you're going to post a lot of bullshit, that's the way it goes usually. So why don't you just stop it?

Furthermore I was pointing out that your "without his past" argument is rather inapplicable because obviously every player has a past and it tells you a lot about him, e.g. that his current streak and level of play aren't just a fluke. "Without his past" it'd be difficult to judge anyone on this PR, except maybe Stork because he's really tearing it up everywhere these days. Maybe Bisu too because he's got a really big sample size of games this month.
"[Lee Young Ho] With this victory, you’ve risen to Bonjwa status."
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-24 14:09:28
January 24 2011 14:05 GMT
#666
Yeah, he would rank pretty high, but probably under Jaedong right now because JD has a league on him. I doubt he would be considered for #2/3 if he didn't have those past achievements.
On January 24 2011 23:04 Mooncat wrote:
No, I'm not calling you out for supporting Bisu. I'm calling you out for bashing Flash every chance you get for no reason. If you hate someone, chances are you're going to post a lot of bullshit, that's the way it goes usually. So why don't you just stop it?

And you're doing a splendid job of not posting bullshit in response. It's fine to disagree with me, but you have some pretty damn garbage posts. No I don't like Flash, but that doesn't invalidate any arguments based on fact that I make against him. That doesn't give you any justification to fill your posts with garbage either.

Flash fans argue about how his past should give him credit, I'm showing that it does.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 24 2011 14:10 GMT
#667
Hehe, I just took a peek into TLPD (initially to ogle at Bisu's Godlike PvZ), and in terms of ELO Flash's weakest MU is still stronger than anyone else's best. :D
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
POWEROUTAGE
Profile Joined February 2010
Singapore884 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-24 14:15:25
January 24 2011 14:12 GMT
#668
On January 24 2011 23:05 Lightwip wrote:
Yeah, he would rank pretty high, but probably under Jaedong right now because JD has a league on him. I doubt he would be considered for #2/3 if he didn't have those past achievements.



I'm sorry if I sound condescending but you can't be serious. Jaedong's play has been terrible so far. Losing to violet in that manner, shaky play against woongjin, losing to stork... I think I've made my point. If anything, JD should drop in the PR. And if singlehandedly destroying SKT and the team that has all 3 of the other best players most well-equipped to take down Flash isn't enough for you to "consider" then you'll probably never accept that Flash is the better player even when he is.
Stats. The new standard bearer of the protoss.
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-24 14:15:26
January 24 2011 14:12 GMT
#669
On January 24 2011 23:05 Lightwip wrote:
Yeah, he would rank pretty high, but probably under Jaedong right now because JD has a league on him. I doubt he would be considered for #2/3 if he didn't have those past achievements.

Flash fans argue about how his past should give him credit, I'm showing that it does.
Yeah probably not that high, but thats mostly because he would then have to prove that he can keep it up. This logic though was not applied for Kal this month.
On January 24 2011 23:10 Holgerius wrote:
Hehe, I just took a peek into TLPD (initially to ogle at Bisu's Godlike PvZ), and in terms of ELO Flash's weakest MU is still stronger than anyone else's best. :D

This tells quite a bit. He's floating on 2400 for a year and then drops down to 3500 for a very brief moment because of a redicoulusly few lost games (cmon -80 elo for 3 games or something) and now he's climbing back up. Others haven't been close for ages.
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-24 14:20:18
January 24 2011 14:18 GMT
#670
On January 24 2011 23:12 POWEROUTAGE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2011 23:05 Lightwip wrote:
Yeah, he would rank pretty high, but probably under Jaedong right now because JD has a league on him. I doubt he would be considered for #2/3 if he didn't have those past achievements.



I'm sorry if I sound condescending but you can't be serious. Jaedong's play has been terrible so far. Losing to violet in that manner, shaky play against woongjin, losing to stork... I think I've made my point. If anything, JD should drop in the PR. And if singlehandedly destroying SKT and the team that has all 3 of the other best players most well-equipped to take down Flash isn't enough for you to "consider" then you'll probably never accept that Flash is the better player even when he is.

Oh no, I agree completely. JD has been having an awful month. But if only JD had the success in the previous months then he would be given more benefit of the doubt than Flash..
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
January 24 2011 14:25 GMT
#671
On January 24 2011 23:18 Lightwip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2011 23:12 POWEROUTAGE wrote:
On January 24 2011 23:05 Lightwip wrote:
Yeah, he would rank pretty high, but probably under Jaedong right now because JD has a league on him. I doubt he would be considered for #2/3 if he didn't have those past achievements.



I'm sorry if I sound condescending but you can't be serious. Jaedong's play has been terrible so far. Losing to violet in that manner, shaky play against woongjin, losing to stork... I think I've made my point. If anything, JD should drop in the PR. And if singlehandedly destroying SKT and the team that has all 3 of the other best players most well-equipped to take down Flash isn't enough for you to "consider" then you'll probably never accept that Flash is the better player even when he is.

Oh no, I agree completely. JD has been having an awful month. But if only JD had the success in the previous months then he would be given more benefit of the doubt than Flash..

What if we consider that Jaedong is the strongest contender for the MSL championship? Flamewheel is fucked.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 24 2011 14:27 GMT
#672
Ya, as I said; this is gonna be a very hard PR to make.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
POWEROUTAGE
Profile Joined February 2010
Singapore884 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-24 14:30:32
January 24 2011 14:29 GMT
#673
Flash has consistently shown better play though, and it hasn't just been this month that JD has played awfully (for the standards that he has set). Of course Flash would have more benefit of the doubt, Flash has so far shown that him losing those 3 games were an anomaly and his level of play didn't drop after that; he was still in godmode. And yes, based on his achievements, we have reason to believe that that was just an accident. Whereas JD's play has been "bad" (again, by his standards) for 2 months straight. It is just being consistent. If benefit of the doubt was such a huge factor, Flash would've still been #1 in PR imo, like when Savior was still the top dog even after being 3-0ed by bisu.


On January 24 2011 23:25 ShadeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2011 23:18 Lightwip wrote:
On January 24 2011 23:12 POWEROUTAGE wrote:
On January 24 2011 23:05 Lightwip wrote:
Yeah, he would rank pretty high, but probably under Jaedong right now because JD has a league on him. I doubt he would be considered for #2/3 if he didn't have those past achievements.



I'm sorry if I sound condescending but you can't be serious. Jaedong's play has been terrible so far. Losing to violet in that manner, shaky play against woongjin, losing to stork... I think I've made my point. If anything, JD should drop in the PR. And if singlehandedly destroying SKT and the team that has all 3 of the other best players most well-equipped to take down Flash isn't enough for you to "consider" then you'll probably never accept that Flash is the better player even when he is.

Oh no, I agree completely. JD has been having an awful month. But if only JD had the success in the previous months then he would be given more benefit of the doubt than Flash..

What if we consider that Jaedong is the strongest contender for the MSL championship? Flamewheel is fucked.


Considering it's probably going to be a ZvZ finals, yeah, good luck Flamewheel.
Stats. The new standard bearer of the protoss.
mustaju
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Estonia4505 Posts
January 24 2011 14:29 GMT
#674
On January 24 2011 23:25 ShadeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2011 23:18 Lightwip wrote:
On January 24 2011 23:12 POWEROUTAGE wrote:
On January 24 2011 23:05 Lightwip wrote:
Yeah, he would rank pretty high, but probably under Jaedong right now because JD has a league on him. I doubt he would be considered for #2/3 if he didn't have those past achievements.



I'm sorry if I sound condescending but you can't be serious. Jaedong's play has been terrible so far. Losing to violet in that manner, shaky play against woongjin, losing to stork... I think I've made my point. If anything, JD should drop in the PR. And if singlehandedly destroying SKT and the team that has all 3 of the other best players most well-equipped to take down Flash isn't enough for you to "consider" then you'll probably never accept that Flash is the better player even when he is.

Oh no, I agree completely. JD has been having an awful month. But if only JD had the success in the previous months then he would be given more benefit of the doubt than Flash..

What if we consider that Jaedong is the strongest contender for the MSL championship? Flamewheel is fucked.

You can't be serious. In his current form, he'll never get past Hydra.
WriterBrows somewhat high. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndFysO2JunE
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 24 2011 14:33 GMT
#675
On January 24 2011 23:29 mustaju wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2011 23:25 ShadeR wrote:
On January 24 2011 23:18 Lightwip wrote:
On January 24 2011 23:12 POWEROUTAGE wrote:
On January 24 2011 23:05 Lightwip wrote:
Yeah, he would rank pretty high, but probably under Jaedong right now because JD has a league on him. I doubt he would be considered for #2/3 if he didn't have those past achievements.



I'm sorry if I sound condescending but you can't be serious. Jaedong's play has been terrible so far. Losing to violet in that manner, shaky play against woongjin, losing to stork... I think I've made my point. If anything, JD should drop in the PR. And if singlehandedly destroying SKT and the team that has all 3 of the other best players most well-equipped to take down Flash isn't enough for you to "consider" then you'll probably never accept that Flash is the better player even when he is.

Oh no, I agree completely. JD has been having an awful month. But if only JD had the success in the previous months then he would be given more benefit of the doubt than Flash..

What if we consider that Jaedong is the strongest contender for the MSL championship? Flamewheel is fucked.

You can't be serious. In his current form, he'll never get past Hydra.

Dude, it's JD. I wouldn't use the word never if I were you.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
POWEROUTAGE
Profile Joined February 2010
Singapore884 Posts
January 24 2011 14:38 GMT
#676
Disregarding the placement of TaekLeessang, I've to say that I'm ecstatic that we're likely to see Stats and Violet on the PR. I really love them both, glad to see that their play has picked up and now we're no longer that much of a 1-man team.
Stats. The new standard bearer of the protoss.
mustaju
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Estonia4505 Posts
January 24 2011 14:44 GMT
#677
On January 24 2011 23:33 Holgerius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2011 23:29 mustaju wrote:
On January 24 2011 23:25 ShadeR wrote:
On January 24 2011 23:18 Lightwip wrote:
On January 24 2011 23:12 POWEROUTAGE wrote:
On January 24 2011 23:05 Lightwip wrote:
Yeah, he would rank pretty high, but probably under Jaedong right now because JD has a league on him. I doubt he would be considered for #2/3 if he didn't have those past achievements.



I'm sorry if I sound condescending but you can't be serious. Jaedong's play has been terrible so far. Losing to violet in that manner, shaky play against woongjin, losing to stork... I think I've made my point. If anything, JD should drop in the PR. And if singlehandedly destroying SKT and the team that has all 3 of the other best players most well-equipped to take down Flash isn't enough for you to "consider" then you'll probably never accept that Flash is the better player even when he is.

Oh no, I agree completely. JD has been having an awful month. But if only JD had the success in the previous months then he would be given more benefit of the doubt than Flash..

What if we consider that Jaedong is the strongest contender for the MSL championship? Flamewheel is fucked.

You can't be serious. In his current form, he'll never get past Hydra.

Dude, it's JD. I wouldn't use the word never if I were you.

His name is Jaedong, but he currently plays like shit. That's how I'll choose to rate him.
WriterBrows somewhat high. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndFysO2JunE
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-24 14:51:38
January 24 2011 14:45 GMT
#678
The non-TBLS placements will be very interesting. Fantasy, Hydra, Bogus, Violet, Stats, plenty of people looking good. I'd personally kill to see Jaehoon make it. :D Only a loss to Dinotoss thus far in WL.

On January 24 2011 23:44 mustaju wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2011 23:33 Holgerius wrote:
On January 24 2011 23:29 mustaju wrote:
On January 24 2011 23:25 ShadeR wrote:
On January 24 2011 23:18 Lightwip wrote:
On January 24 2011 23:12 POWEROUTAGE wrote:
On January 24 2011 23:05 Lightwip wrote:
Yeah, he would rank pretty high, but probably under Jaedong right now because JD has a league on him. I doubt he would be considered for #2/3 if he didn't have those past achievements.



I'm sorry if I sound condescending but you can't be serious. Jaedong's play has been terrible so far. Losing to violet in that manner, shaky play against woongjin, losing to stork... I think I've made my point. If anything, JD should drop in the PR. And if singlehandedly destroying SKT and the team that has all 3 of the other best players most well-equipped to take down Flash isn't enough for you to "consider" then you'll probably never accept that Flash is the better player even when he is.

Oh no, I agree completely. JD has been having an awful month. But if only JD had the success in the previous months then he would be given more benefit of the doubt than Flash..

What if we consider that Jaedong is the strongest contender for the MSL championship? Flamewheel is fucked.

You can't be serious. In his current form, he'll never get past Hydra.

Dude, it's JD. I wouldn't use the word never if I were you.

His name is Jaedong, but he currently plays like shit. That's how I'll choose to rate him.

IMO you should think twice before rating the abilities of one of the best and most consistent Bo5 players of all time.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Demand2k
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Norway875 Posts
January 24 2011 14:47 GMT
#679
On January 24 2011 23:38 POWEROUTAGE wrote:
Disregarding the placement of TaekLeessang, I've to say that I'm ecstatic that we're likely to see Stats and Violet on the PR. I really love them both, glad to see that their play has picked up and now we're no longer that much of a 1-man team.


I wish, but that's been said ever since round 1 of last year's proleague -_-
Time and time again KT turns into a 1-man team since no one else players consistently well, which makes it such a frustrating team to follow whenever Flash can't be a winner's league one man army.
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
January 24 2011 15:11 GMT
#680
On January 24 2011 23:29 POWEROUTAGE wrote:
Flash has consistently shown better play though, and it hasn't just been this month that JD has played awfully (for the standards that he has set). Of course Flash would have more benefit of the doubt, Flash has so far shown that him losing those 3 games were an anomaly and his level of play didn't drop after that; he was still in godmode. And yes, based on his achievements, we have reason to believe that that was just an accident. Whereas JD's play has been "bad" (again, by his standards) for 2 months straight. It is just being consistent. If benefit of the doubt was such a huge factor, Flash would've still been #1 in PR imo, like when Savior was still the top dog even after being 3-0ed by bisu.

I'm not arguing that this isn't true or that JD should be higher, just that Flash DOES get the benefit of the doubt despite the claim that he doesn't. By no means is JD doing better.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 56 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1070
RotterdaM575
SteadfastSC290
TKL 215
Rex120
CosmosSc2 35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 575
SteadfastSC 290
TKL 215
Rex 120
CosmosSc2 35
Codebar 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45081
Shuttle 2519
Jaedong 1117
Calm 1044
Horang2 810
Mini 624
actioN 544
EffOrt 530
Soulkey 479
Soma 360
[ Show more ]
Stork 301
Rush 294
Larva 282
BeSt 221
Snow 192
ZerO 171
firebathero 133
Mong 119
Zeus 106
Last 91
910 74
Mind 68
hero 67
Free 66
Hyun 58
Sharp 56
Yoon 46
PianO 39
Pusan 34
sorry 34
Shinee 32
JYJ 26
Bale 25
Shine 25
Hm[arnc] 24
ToSsGirL 22
Sexy 22
Aegong 21
HiyA 21
Terrorterran 18
scan(afreeca) 12
Rock 10
Sacsri 10
Noble 10
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4998
Dendi1276
Counter-Strike
fl0m1783
Fnx 575
edward46
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King170
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes576
Lowko371
Other Games
gofns24318
singsing2178
olofmeister1284
hiko574
B2W.Neo353
DeMusliM217
Livibee188
Pyrionflax170
Liquid`VortiX115
Khaldor76
QueenE73
Trikslyr63
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1455
Other Games
BasetradeTV167
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH177
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2121
• Jankos1525
• TFBlade463
Other Games
• Shiphtur640
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 9m
The PondCast
20h 9m
INu's Battles
21h 9m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.