• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:39
CEST 00:39
KST 07:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7410 users

Power Rank 07/02/2010 - Page 23

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 55 Next
n.DieJokes
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States3443 Posts
July 05 2010 03:46 GMT
#441
On July 05 2010 10:02 Trap wrote:
I enjoy watching the Chintoss, but I don't think any Protoss is playing well enough all round to merit higher than 8th. Stats is like the Hiya of KT, who's proven himself a solid player over the last few months but not really extraordinary or favored vs any top ranked player. Same deal with the last toss-of-the-month Snow @ 6th. If you're going to favor the momentum a player has been building up rather than their most recent monthly statistics, then it makes sense to gradually introduce them to the power rank.

Also what's with the surge in monthly power rage? It's just one guy's opinion that happens to be on the first page, not an attack on everything you hold dear about Starcraft.

Yeah but apathy doesn't win arguments and at the end of the day it's not about what plexa or tl or korea thinks, it's about being right
MyLove + Your Love= Supa Love
Severedevil
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States4839 Posts
July 05 2010 03:53 GMT
#442
On July 05 2010 09:40 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Flash has more ridiculous comebacks than any other player, though. He's quite possibly the best player in the world at damage control and wresting the match away from a certain loss.

Clearly you and Musoeun should settle this by posting links to every VOD of a ridiculous comeback by a top progamer.

Please?
My strategy is to fork people.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
July 05 2010 08:22 GMT
#443
^I'm with this!
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
khellian
Profile Joined February 2010
Korea (South)922 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-05 11:01:07
July 05 2010 11:00 GMT
#444
I still laugh everytime I browse TLnet and see the ranking. Deep down I know it wont be changed, but I cant stop hoping quite yet. I am such a sucker lol. ^_*
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
July 05 2010 11:29 GMT
#445
On July 05 2010 12:53 Severedevil wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2010 09:40 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Flash has more ridiculous comebacks than any other player, though. He's quite possibly the best player in the world at damage control and wresting the match away from a certain loss.

Clearly you and Musoeun should settle this by posting links to every VOD of a ridiculous comeback by a top progamer.

Please?


Rofl I guess I could just link all of his games vs FBH, the July/Shuttle games from GOM, his ridiculous comeback on ultimatum vs Jaedong, uh, I think he had like 2 or three crazy games with Kal where he was behind and won.

Basically I just remember people saying Flash is really lucky that he came back from X game and then I realized that Flash comes back from huge deficits all the damn time. 90% of his games he starts off with a disadvantage.
Remember Violet.
khellian
Profile Joined February 2010
Korea (South)922 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-05 11:52:42
July 05 2010 11:52 GMT
#446
On July 05 2010 20:29 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2010 12:53 Severedevil wrote:
On July 05 2010 09:40 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Flash has more ridiculous comebacks than any other player, though. He's quite possibly the best player in the world at damage control and wresting the match away from a certain loss.

Clearly you and Musoeun should settle this by posting links to every VOD of a ridiculous comeback by a top progamer.

Please?


Rofl I guess I could just link all of his games vs FBH, the July/Shuttle games from GOM, his ridiculous comeback on ultimatum vs Jaedong, uh, I think he had like 2 or three crazy games with Kal where he was behind and won.

Basically I just remember people saying Flash is really lucky that he came back from X game and then I realized that Flash comes back from huge deficits all the damn time. 90% of his games he starts off with a disadvantage.

Yes, clearly this is true lol. Sorry man, I agree that Flash is good at combacks, no denying it. But stating that he is in some sort of disadvantage 90% of the games he wins is just ridiculous.
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
July 05 2010 11:57 GMT
#447
No, that includes games he loses. Just in general, unless Flash pulls something like scout ->14 CC or a good bunker rush, he ends up with some disadvantage.90% is just an overexaggeration but I was making a point rather than a conclusive fact.
Remember Violet.
khellian
Profile Joined February 2010
Korea (South)922 Posts
July 05 2010 12:07 GMT
#448
On July 05 2010 20:57 TwoToneTerran wrote:
No, that includes games he loses. Just in general, unless Flash pulls something like scout ->14 CC or a good bunker rush, he ends up with some disadvantage.90% is just an overexaggeration but I was making a point rather than a conclusive fact.

Alright, but why try to use statistics if you are just exaggerating and trying to make a point, it just looks bad. I do se your point (lol) and I agree that he is very good at at. A big part of it as I see it is that he really makes very few mistakes and almost always puniches his oppent for their mistakes, when he is in form that is. Clearly he is not in form at the moment though. ^_*
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
July 05 2010 12:58 GMT
#449
I hope Action will keep on winning so he can make an appearance of the next PR. He's fucking good. ^__^
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
July 05 2010 13:22 GMT
#450
On July 05 2010 21:07 khellian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2010 20:57 TwoToneTerran wrote:
No, that includes games he loses. Just in general, unless Flash pulls something like scout ->14 CC or a good bunker rush, he ends up with some disadvantage.90% is just an overexaggeration but I was making a point rather than a conclusive fact.

Alright, but why try to use statistics if you are just exaggerating and trying to make a point, it just looks bad. I do se your point (lol) and I agree that he is very good at at. A big part of it as I see it is that he really makes very few mistakes and almost always puniches his oppent for their mistakes, when he is in form that is. Clearly he is not in form at the moment though. ^_*


There was no relevant statistic, people use off cuff percentages all the time to make an exaggeration.
Remember Violet.
khellian
Profile Joined February 2010
Korea (South)922 Posts
July 05 2010 13:38 GMT
#451
On July 05 2010 22:22 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2010 21:07 khellian wrote:
On July 05 2010 20:57 TwoToneTerran wrote:
No, that includes games he loses. Just in general, unless Flash pulls something like scout ->14 CC or a good bunker rush, he ends up with some disadvantage.90% is just an overexaggeration but I was making a point rather than a conclusive fact.

Alright, but why try to use statistics if you are just exaggerating and trying to make a point, it just looks bad. I do se your point (lol) and I agree that he is very good at at. A big part of it as I see it is that he really makes very few mistakes and almost always puniches his oppent for their mistakes, when he is in form that is. Clearly he is not in form at the moment though. ^_*


There was no relevant statistic, people use off cuff percentages all the time to make an exaggeration.

Alright, I get it. So unless people actually point out that the numbers they throw around are relevant, I should just assume they are exaggerating? LOL That is just absurd, as is the amount of exaggeration in this thread.
J1.au
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Australia3596 Posts
July 05 2010 13:39 GMT
#452
On July 05 2010 21:58 Holgerius wrote:
I hope Action will keep on winning so he can make an appearance of the next PR. He's fucking good. ^__^

I second this. Action has impressed me ever since his game versus Flash and his attempted 4pool against Fantasy. I would love to see him step up and win more.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
July 05 2010 13:44 GMT
#453
On July 05 2010 22:38 khellian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2010 22:22 TwoToneTerran wrote:
On July 05 2010 21:07 khellian wrote:
On July 05 2010 20:57 TwoToneTerran wrote:
No, that includes games he loses. Just in general, unless Flash pulls something like scout ->14 CC or a good bunker rush, he ends up with some disadvantage.90% is just an overexaggeration but I was making a point rather than a conclusive fact.

Alright, but why try to use statistics if you are just exaggerating and trying to make a point, it just looks bad. I do se your point (lol) and I agree that he is very good at at. A big part of it as I see it is that he really makes very few mistakes and almost always puniches his oppent for their mistakes, when he is in form that is. Clearly he is not in form at the moment though. ^_*


There was no relevant statistic, people use off cuff percentages all the time to make an exaggeration.

Alright, I get it. So unless people actually point out that the numbers they throw around are relevant, I should just assume they are exaggerating? LOL That is just absurd, as is the amount of exaggeration in this thread.


Actually yes, if someone does not back up their numbers implicitly then there's no reason to believe it's anything more than a basic comment.
Remember Violet.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
July 05 2010 14:07 GMT
#454
On July 05 2010 20 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              05 2010 20      end_of_the_skype_highlighting:29 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2010 12:53 Severedevil wrote:
On July 05 2010 09:40 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Flash has more ridiculous comebacks than any other player, though. He's quite possibly the best player in the world at damage control and wresting the match away from a certain loss.

Clearly you and Musoeun should settle this by posting links to every VOD of a ridiculous comeback by a top progamer.

Please?


Rofl I guess I could just link all of his games vs FBH, the July/Shuttle games from GOM, his ridiculous comeback on ultimatum vs Jaedong, uh, I think he had like 2 or three crazy games with Kal where he was behind and won.

Basically I just remember people saying Flash is really lucky that he came back from X game and then I realized that Flash comes back from huge deficits all the damn time. 90% of his games he starts off with a disadvantage.

Half of those games he wasn't even at a disadvantage in the first place, FBH vs Flash was probably the only one but even in that game he never was a base down. I don't get how he ever was at a disadvantage on Ultimatum vs Jaedong. Winning vs players of the caliber of July and Shuttle is a comeback? The shuttle game you could consider that but I didn't think so at any point, that's how his build works and it doesn't matter if Tasteless thinks he's behind to me. Maybe you just have problems judging if someone is behind if you truly think that Flash is at a disadvantage after the early game in nearly every game.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-05 14:39:39
July 05 2010 14:31 GMT
#455
Rofl, okay, 7 gas zerg vs 3 base terran is totally not a disadvantage. 3 Base terran against 5 base toss, He was definitely behind on bases vs FBH. You're a complete loon if you didn't think he was behind in every game I cited.

I mean those were just the games off the top of my head. If you want more recent, in both his Bo5 with Movie and Pure he was at a disadvantage due to his opponent's intelligent build in almost every match and still won the series convincingly. This doesn't have a lot to due with the current power rank but goddamn if it doesn't annoy me when people discredit Flash for the entirely wrong thing
Remember Violet.
SimonB
Profile Joined September 2008
United States1088 Posts
July 05 2010 14:53 GMT
#456
Don't forget Flash's comebacks versus Free on Andromeda and vs. Hwasin on Medusa.

Only dramatic comeback I can think of JD participating in is vs. Lomo in GOM a couple years ago. I know there are more, but it definitely seems like Flash has a lead there.

In terms of entertainment, I think Bisu wins out. There's no player with more flair when he's going good. Not particularly a fan of his, but he's damn fun to watch.
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
July 05 2010 14:55 GMT
#457
Jaedong came back against flash in their RH3 game if you want a notable and exciting one for him.
Remember Violet.
BPCoffee
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
27 Posts
July 05 2010 16:25 GMT
#458
On July 05 2010 20:52 khellian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2010 20:29 TwoToneTerran wrote:
On July 05 2010 12:53 Severedevil wrote:
On July 05 2010 09:40 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Flash has more ridiculous comebacks than any other player, though. He's quite possibly the best player in the world at damage control and wresting the match away from a certain loss.

Clearly you and Musoeun should settle this by posting links to every VOD of a ridiculous comeback by a top progamer.

Please?


Rofl I guess I could just link all of his games vs FBH, the July/Shuttle games from GOM, his ridiculous comeback on ultimatum vs Jaedong, uh, I think he had like 2 or three crazy games with Kal where he was behind and won.

Basically I just remember people saying Flash is really lucky that he came back from X game and then I realized that Flash comes back from huge deficits all the damn time. 90% of his games he starts off with a disadvantage.

Yes, clearly this is true lol. Sorry man, I agree that Flash is good at combacks, no denying it. But stating that he is in some sort of disadvantage 90% of the games he wins is just ridiculous.


lol yeah. He says that includes the game he lost but still, making a statement like that rofl
Yes Flash is soo amazing he can do 14 cc and kill zergs and he knows how to cheese omg! all hail flash, twotone =)
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-05 16:46:49
July 05 2010 16:46 GMT
#459
Didn't you just get warned for trolling?

Flash has past accolades, this isn't a surprise. I was just correcting abit of Museon's analysis which I otherwise agree with.
Remember Violet.
Djabanete
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States2786 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-05 17:11:24
July 05 2010 17:09 GMT
#460
Flash *does* come back from disadvantages a lot because he builds that into his style. Flash's early game is designed to not lose outright to anything, but the trade-off is that it's fairly predictable and can be exploited***. This is a good trade-off if you know you're better than everyone --- you suffer few no-chance BO losses, but your opponent can sometimes get a head start that lasts until your superior skill kicks in. (Bisu and Jaedong suffer no-chance BO losses more often because they mix things up more, but they also get more "free wins" --- especially Bisu, who used to DT rush every other Terran until it stopped working.)

Also, I've always felt that part of why Flash is good is that he wins 100% of the games he's "supposed to" win, and 75% of the games he's "supposed to" lose, judging by the state of the midgame. Maybe it's just the nature of the Terran race, but it also has to do with the way Flash just makes fewer mistakes than his opponents, so his position 5 minutes later is almost always better than his position 5 minutes earlier.

So yeah, Flash makes more comebacks than any other progamer. (Although check out Jaedong in 2009 JvZ.) It's just a calculated risk --- if you want to play an "all-purpose build" that folds to nothing, then people will cut corners against you and you will have to fight a lot of uphill battles.

Oh yeah, and Flash really knows how to turtle when he needs to, and the turtling player almost always looks behind even when the game is even. Tank upgrades are like that.


***In Bo5's against S-class opponents he throws that out the window and plays mindgames just like every other good series player.
May the BeSt man win.
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 55 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 239
Nina 141
ViBE62
Nathanias 22
SpeCial 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12390
Artosis 433
NaDa 29
Bale 15
Dota 2
monkeys_forever258
febbydoto28
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox491
Mew2King88
Other Games
summit1g6055
Grubby2708
Liquid`RaSZi2033
shahzam628
WinterStarcraft376
C9.Mang0285
JimRising 233
Trikslyr16
JuggernautJason4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 88
• musti20045 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie779
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 21m
INu's Battles
12h 21m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
14h 21m
OSC
23h 36m
Replay Cast
1d
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.