• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:21
CEST 16:21
KST 23:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9056 users

Display user post count? - Page 2

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 14 15 16 Next All
Subversive
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia2229 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-14 13:32:16
June 14 2010 13:29 GMT
#21
On June 14 2010 21:44 meegrean wrote:
Posts + Average post per week as well would probably better insight about user.

This would be nice. Seriously, people who spam every thread they see with one to two words like 'awesome!' '+1', the name of the progamer being discussed, or 'This' are so irritating. Padding post stats doesn't make you a 'veteran' in my eyes. I'd rather read an MDT thread or 7mk comment than most of the people who manage 500 posts a week.

On June 14 2010 21:39 Eatme wrote:
Postcount in profile and joindate where the postcount is. If not keep it as it is now.

On June 14 2010 22:17 NuKedUFirst wrote:
Post count and date joined, Posts:500 Date: 08/07/07 or something like that would be excellent ^_^

Either of these would be fine as well. I usually check join dates because I don't trust the raw post count number.
Edit:
On June 14 2010 22:22 KasPra wrote:
If you take the post count down people will post less and there will be a lot less useless posts imo, ive seen that action taken in a lot of forums and it usually works quite well. I voted i dont care though cause i never visit the sc2 forums.

Keeping post counts seems a nice way of seeing who a veteran is though as well as how active they are on the forums. But agreed, it might cut down on spam.
#1 Great fan ~ // Khan // FlaSh // JangBi // EffOrt //
Boundz(DarKo)
Profile Joined March 2009
5311 Posts
June 14 2010 13:32 GMT
#22
I choosed "keep it as it is" but when I thought about it, I'd really like to see the "joined tl.net date" instead of post count. Either one or both!
Aurdon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2007 Posts
June 14 2010 13:34 GMT
#23
Post count is just a way to tell someone's quantity of posts and reveals nothing about quality . Post count doesn't really say anything about whether a person is a super spammer or a long term veteran.

I agree with the people that have said that Join Date is far more telling of a person's veteran status than whether a person has a high post count or not.
diggurd
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Norway346 Posts
June 14 2010 13:41 GMT
#24
if this is a matter of veterans and oldschoolness join date should replace post count.
the interesting thing about this quote is that youll only understand whats interesting when youre done reading it. ǝɯıʇ ɹn ƃuıʇsɐʍ n ǝɹɐ ʎɥʍ
Subversive
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia2229 Posts
June 14 2010 13:48 GMT
#25
On June 14 2010 22:32 Boundz(DarKo) wrote:
I choosed "keep it as it is" but when I thought about it, I'd really like to see the "joined tl.net date" instead of post count. Either one or both!

Agreed. Poll needs to have that option. I chose 'keep it as it is' but I'd prefer an option 'add join date' or 'posts per week'.
#1 Great fan ~ // Khan // FlaSh // JangBi // EffOrt //
Amber[LighT]
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States5078 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-14 13:50:59
June 14 2010 13:48 GMT
#26
On June 14 2010 22:41 diggurd wrote:
if this is a matter of veterans and oldschoolness join date should replace post count.


This is not OT. Having post count only is just fine imo. Having a join date appear instead of a post count encourages lurking and gives entitlement to users with a certain join date. The sites been around forever so a join date is pretty useless. Most posters before 07 are the "BW players" and a lot of the newer users are "BW players AND/OR SC2 players." Does that make them any different? Not really so why use join date?

Also post count is a better reflection of user quality than join date. Anyone who spams typically gets smacked by the ban stick a few times, and the mods MUST have a way to keep track of this.


On June 14 2010 22:24 wishbones wrote:
Post counts are awesome I always check a users post count before posting some of my responses to their posts. Lol, and then when I go and click user profile If they joined before me, with a post count of 2 I definitely change my post. Simply put, the longer a member has been here, the more leisure they have over me.



Well get me a soda!!!
"We have unfinished business, I and he."
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
June 14 2010 13:48 GMT
#27
Please take off post counts. Countless of times, people discriminate other's ideas because they have only 50 posts. But the moment someone with 1000+ posts has an idea, a discussion would start. A join date would be slightly better, but you still shouldn't have it. People would start being biased toward people who so happened to make an account early in TeamLiquid history, even if they post regularly or not.
What if you remove both completely? You won't have people padding threads with their one liners just to increase post count. People who are so eager for forum fame will have to try to get it by being recognized through quality posts. And discussions of strategy won't instantly get shut down because the person didn't not have high enough post count.
This isn't a matter of being a veteran or not, it is a matter of increasing quality of the forums and to reduce discrimination.
TheNessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States4158 Posts
June 14 2010 13:51 GMT
#28
i think it would be interesting as to see my own bias' if i could experience TL without post counts for a day or two and see what happens. i might read more posts.
~~! youtube.com/xmungam1 !~~
NeV
Profile Joined July 2008
Italy370 Posts
June 14 2010 13:55 GMT
#29
On June 14 2010 22:24 wishbones wrote:
Post counts are awesome I always check a users post count before posting some of my responses to their posts. Lol, and then when I go and click user profile If they joined before me, with a post count of 2 I definitely change my post. Simply put, the longer a member has been here, the more leisure they have over me.


In my opinion postcount should be only visible to admins and mods, so they can take their decisions in case of spam or bad posts etc.

On the other hand I don't see a real reason to keep them visible to everyone (if not to enlarge the ego of old users, which is not a valid reason in my opinion). It wouldn't be a problem if everyone was mature enough, but from my experience on tl forum, which lasts from 2006, that's not the case. I've seen many times the "old" user trash talking and acting cocky towards the newcomer just for his status.
Qwertify
Profile Joined September 2008
United States2531 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-14 14:09:31
June 14 2010 14:03 GMT
#30
Yeah, keep as is. I actually look at post count before I see the name. In a LR I know who said what by their post count. If it is a new number, like 788, and no one I've seen recently has that much in the LR, then I will scan the name in conjunction with the message to see if what they say has any value.

It is a bit coarse and somewhat unscrupulous, but I don't think users have oodles of time to constantly check join dates and other info.

EDIT: Join Date does not equal (~=) time spent on the forums. I can have joined six years ago, have rediscovered SC, and only now have started posting.

I think people just have to use a combination of info, including the posts themselves, previous posts, join date, post count, posts this week, etc.

In short, you are trading one kind of hole of information for another.

Besides. just because someone created an account on TL.net recently, does not mean they are a noob to the scene. Again, on the opposite end, just because someone joined a few years back does not make them an automatic veteran.

Long Time Member + Large Post count = Veteran (<- this is the only logical thing to conclude)
Long Time Member + Small Post count = ???
Short Time Member + Large Post count = ???
Short Time Member + Small Post count = ???
CJ Entusman #24
FreshVegetables
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Finland513 Posts
June 14 2010 14:21 GMT
#31
I like the postcount system as it is. No need to change.
yummy tomatoes
ZenDeX
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Philippines2916 Posts
June 14 2010 14:22 GMT
#32
On June 14 2010 23:03 Qwertify wrote:
Long Time Member + Large Post count = Veteran (<- this is the only logical thing to conclude)
Long Time Member + Small Post count = Lurker
Short Time Member + Large Post count = Spammer
Short Time Member + Small Post count = Newbie

There.
Subversive
Profile Joined October 2009
Australia2229 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-14 14:25:45
June 14 2010 14:23 GMT
#33
On June 14 2010 23:03 Qwertify wrote:
Yeah, keep as is. I actually look at post count before I see the name. In a LR I know who said what by their post count. If it is a new number, like 788, and no one I've seen recently has that much in the LR, then I will scan the name in conjunction with the message to see if what they say has any value.

It is a bit coarse and somewhat unscrupulous, but I don't think users have oodles of time to constantly check join dates and other info.

EDIT: Join Date does not equal (~=) time spent on the forums. I can have joined six years ago, have rediscovered SC, and only now have started posting.

I think people just have to use a combination of info, including the posts themselves, previous posts, join date, post count, posts this week, etc.

In short, you are trading one kind of hole of information for another.

Besides. just because someone created an account on TL.net recently, does not mean they are a noob to the scene. Again, on the opposite end, just because someone joined a few years back does not make them an automatic veteran.

Long Time Member + Large Post count = Veteran (<- this is the only logical thing to conclude)
Long Time Member + Small Post count = ???
Short Time Member + Large Post count = ???
Short Time Member + Small Post count = ???

I agree with what you're saying here. However, I'd hasten to add that while join date certainly does not equal time spent on the forums, neither does a lack of post count signify a lack of time spent on the forums. It simply happens that some people lurk a lot and don't post but spend heaps of time here while others spam like crazy - irrespective of the total time they spend here.

I think the point is though, it shouldn't matter greatly if you're new to tl or have been here since the beginning. What seems more important is the quality of what you write, your contributions to the community and the way you treat other people on tl. Let me say though that I agree that forum members who have been here for years or do stacks for the site/community deserve everyone's respect. And in some cases adulation (unless they're pricks )
#1 Great fan ~ // Khan // FlaSh // JangBi // EffOrt //
noname_
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
469 Posts
June 14 2010 14:30 GMT
#34
EDIT: Join Date does not equal (~=) time spent on the forums. I can have joined six years ago, have rediscovered SC, and only now have started posting.

Posting frequency and post count are equal with the time spent on forums? I do not think so.
There are people who just like reading stuff too. Why should someone post in every possible topic? Just to "post something very important" - what usually has not got any value or does not have to do anything with the actual question/discussion.
TheKnight
Profile Joined June 2010
Romania77 Posts
June 14 2010 14:31 GMT
#35
i don't really care if the post count gets changed or not but the real question is, does it serve a higher purpose? i mean I've been reading TL for a long time but only just recently joined....dunno why but i just did..... other then e-peen does post count help for anything or is it a detriment of anything? for that reason why are you guys asking this now?
orly?
iamho
Profile Joined June 2009
United States3347 Posts
June 14 2010 14:33 GMT
#36
keep it as it is. odds are, some guy with 5000+ posts will be more knowledgeable and more worth reading than some guy with 200 posts that joined after the beta started
mcneebs
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada391 Posts
June 14 2010 14:38 GMT
#37
As an easily impressionable newbie, I like having the post count visible. Between it and the avatars, I can throw a slight bias towards the more experienced users' opinions.
You do it to yourself. Just you. You and no one else.
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
June 14 2010 14:38 GMT
#38
Remove postcount entirely (46) 11%
=> Result: less spam ^^
IceCube
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Croatia1403 Posts
June 14 2010 14:39 GMT
#39
On June 14 2010 21:46 Kyo Yuy wrote:
A low post count does not imply a new member. I just don't post that much because I don't have that much that I want to say.

This plus thing is that if I don't have anything good to say I rather keep it to myself and prefer not to troll.
Forever Vulture.. :(
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
June 14 2010 14:41 GMT
#40
Please keep. It is very important for those of us who need to compensate for qualities lacking in real life.
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 275
MaxPax 252
Codebar 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68358
Calm 4285
Shuttle 2900
Bisu 2170
FanTaSy 1511
Soma 565
Mini 500
EffOrt 403
Stork 366
Light 296
[ Show more ]
Rush 271
firebathero 246
Hyuk 238
Snow 186
ZerO 181
Soulkey 156
actioN 119
Barracks 114
Zeus 84
Killer 82
hero 72
Dewaltoss 65
Sea.KH 53
Hyun 40
Shinee 38
Pusan 37
Bale 35
ToSsGirL 32
Shine 26
Sharp 25
Yoon 24
Free 23
PianO 22
Aegong 21
zelot 20
yabsab 17
sorry 15
HiyA 12
Sacsri 9
Noble 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7679
Dendi974
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1334
kRYSTAL_360
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko426
crisheroes350
Other Games
hiko2848
singsing2157
B2W.Neo518
DeMusliM271
byalli249
Hui .195
Livibee192
Liquid`VortiX155
Mew2King77
Rex42
Trikslyr14
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV253
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2238
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 54m
Replay Cast
8h 39m
OSC
1d 8h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 19h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.