• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:44
CEST 01:44
KST 08:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7221 users

Power Rank 09/01/2009 - Page 2

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
248 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
August 31 2009 17:02 GMT
#21
Hahaha so funny. When JWD said that the new PR writer is going to be an amazing writer, I was thinking riptide. Then, still before seeing your name, after I read this sentence:

"While beginning the month with two wins against his nemesis EffOrt, Jaedong also lost to Orion in the same semi final, and then went on to get stomped by a SKT led by frontman Fantasy in the Proleague Grand Finals, letting down his team, and as his fans would say, himself."

I was 100% certain it was riptide =D No one writes in the same way.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
August 31 2009 17:04 GMT
#22
Good rank. I'd probably put Yarnc over Stork because a WCG silver < OSL Silver, and Yarnc only got stopped by the best MU in history, even if it was embarrassing.
Remember Violet.
Nylan
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States795 Posts
August 31 2009 17:06 GMT
#23
On September 01 2009 01:50 vaMpYr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2009 00:51 luckybeni2 wrote:
I can agree with you putting JD number one although he was far from dominant but fantasy as number 2? You cant possibly put someone there who has lost 6 of his last 10 games( two of his wins were against an amateur. He got kicked out of every league pretty badly so all you can say for his defense is his PL finals but that was it. He is more of a number five at highest. I'm ok with the rest just that hyuk deserved the 10 far more than effort (he won against July 3-1 not 3-0) and his 5-6 record this month. I mean seriously he beat far stronger players, has more wins and not a single loss.




good post =) .

hyuk instead of effort is a really good question , the STX masters finals really impressed me .

but to comment this PR , fantasy #2 is NOT possible . he lost too many games in a pathetic way . the PL finals is not everything . bisu deserve EASILY the #2 spot , watch his games against luxury stork and flash and even perfectman . he is REALLY SCARY .

bisu is the ONLY ONE who can be compare to jaedong , he is the ONLY ONE who can give a game to jaedong without let him being the favourite . the WCG will be maybe the best EVER . i miss androide =( .

iris above kwanro is not possible too . kwanro played really well this month killed iris and zero . last month he RAPED flash , he deserve more than iris . iris 3 2 vs bisu is his ONLY performance this month . he got RAPED by flash and perfectman , he does NOT deserve more than the #9 spot .


1. jaedong
2. bisu
3. calm
4. fantasy
5. flash or kwanro
6. kwanro or flash
7. yarnc or stork
8. stork or yarnc
9. iris
10. effort or hyuk

THIS IS THE GOOD PR .
IM THE MASTER OF HUMANS . JUST DONT SPEAK AND FOLLOW MY WAY .
^^ joking :p


For someone who claims to hate Bisu and not mind Fantasy, you sure do put down the latter and talk up a storm about how awesome the former is.
BeSt/Pure/Canata/Calm - I believe in Doh Jae Wook
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
August 31 2009 17:21 GMT
#24
Should've been Bisu at #2, I think. Sure, Proleague matters, but Bisu has had a far more impressive month than Fantasy. Besides, Bisu did his job in the Proleague finals too, even though he wasn't given the opportunity to show off. And arguably, winning WCG Korea -- given the opponents -- is at least as good as defeating Kwanro in a ZvZ in my book.

Maybe also Calm above Fantasy, not sure about that.

At least all 10 people on the rank deserve to be there, and all are *roughly* in the right spots, so not much to complain about overall.
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-31 17:23:32
August 31 2009 17:22 GMT
#25
Good rank.

Like some others, I would probably have done Jaedong/Calm/Bisu/Fantasy, but I can see how your rank works out, both because PL/MSL Quarters feel longer ago than they actually were, and because Calm has had the lucky break of only needing to practice one matchup.

Also, good to see the CBNC mention of Hyuk.

I wonder how next month will play out given that we have such a dry month coming up.
Moderator
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
August 31 2009 17:31 GMT
#26
On September 01 2009 02:22 TheYango wrote:
I wonder how next month will play out given that we have such a dry month coming up.

The horror -_-

I suggest TL members join forces to sponsor a September Tournament where the existing PR top 10 can duke it out solely to decide their respective positions on the next rank.
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
Athos
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2484 Posts
August 31 2009 17:56 GMT
#27
Riptide, I like your writing style a lot. Great rank!

Oh, and good luck at law school JWD!
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-31 18:12:58
August 31 2009 18:12 GMT
#28
Ahw, awesome Riptide, nice "virgin" PR, I think you will do it just fine.

Even though I'd place Hyuk instead of Effort (Yeah I know, Blizzcon is a tourny but it's SC BW PR is about, not SC2, sorry to say it, but thats either a bit CJ biased of forgetting the other thing).

Edit; Kwanro needs a pokemon nickname.
In the woods, there lurks..
nodule
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada931 Posts
August 31 2009 18:15 GMT
#29
Great rank. No "not even close" section? (I'll admit I can't think of who to put in it except for type-b)
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
August 31 2009 18:35 GMT
#30
good first rank, though I think this was a pretty straightforward one to do. I'm excited to see what you'll have for us next month when there might be some harder spots to nail down.

for what it's woth, I don't mind the CBNC format, but I think the player names should at least be linked to their TLPD pages.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
3clipse
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Canada2555 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-31 18:40:19
August 31 2009 18:39 GMT
#31
I really don't like Fantasy at #2- I'd have placed him at #4 or #5. When you have two Starleague winners, they really both deserve either 1st and 2nd place, barring extraordinary circumstances. Lets see, Jaedong is still Jaedong (despite some blunders resulting from FA stress), and he made the semi's of the MSL. No problem there. Calm not only won the MSL, but 3-1'd the greatest ZvZer in SC history and front-runner for #1. I think a player would have had to have had a flawless month break up the top 2, and Fantasy certianly did not, losing as many games vs big names as he won. He was certainly the centerpiece of T1 during their victorious PL finals, but he never had a chance to impress with a big bo5. Oh wait, he did. And he lost. I guess we could always use the standard "oh come on, it's Jaedong" excuse. Calm didn't have to.

That said, I like the rest of the rank and your writing.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-31 18:55:58
August 31 2009 18:55 GMT
#32
On September 01 2009 03:39 3clipse wrote:
I really don't like Fantasy at #2- I'd have placed him at #4 or #5. When you have two Starleague winners, they really both deserve either 1st and 2nd place, barring extraordinary circumstances. Lets see, Jaedong is still Jaedong (despite some blunders resulting from FA stress), and he made the semi's of the MSL. No problem there. Calm not only won the MSL, but 3-1'd the greatest ZvZer in SC history and front-runner for #1. I think a player would have had to have had a flawless month break up the top 2, and Fantasy certianly did not, losing as many games vs big names as he won. He was certainly the centerpiece of T1 during their victorious PL finals, but he never had a chance to impress with a big bo5. Oh wait, he did. And he lost. I guess we could always use the standard "oh come on, it's Jaedong" excuse. Calm didn't have to.

That said, I like the rest of the rank and your writing.

IMO the thing that keeps Calm from the #2 or #1 spot is that he only had to play one matchup all month (ok, he played one non ZvZ match, but that's ZvBest; no A-class Zerg needs to practice that), where every other contender for that spot had to play all their matchups. While I'm not trying to take away from his achievement, I still don't think I'd put my money on him in a Bo5 against Jaedong or Bisu (Fantasy is a bit harder to judge; I don't 100% agree with him at #2, but at the same time, I'm not sure Calm deserves #2 off 1 matchup).
Moderator
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
August 31 2009 19:03 GMT
#33
On September 01 2009 03:55 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2009 03:39 3clipse wrote:
I really don't like Fantasy at #2- I'd have placed him at #4 or #5. When you have two Starleague winners, they really both deserve either 1st and 2nd place, barring extraordinary circumstances. Lets see, Jaedong is still Jaedong (despite some blunders resulting from FA stress), and he made the semi's of the MSL. No problem there. Calm not only won the MSL, but 3-1'd the greatest ZvZer in SC history and front-runner for #1. I think a player would have had to have had a flawless month break up the top 2, and Fantasy certianly did not, losing as many games vs big names as he won. He was certainly the centerpiece of T1 during their victorious PL finals, but he never had a chance to impress with a big bo5. Oh wait, he did. And he lost. I guess we could always use the standard "oh come on, it's Jaedong" excuse. Calm didn't have to.

That said, I like the rest of the rank and your writing.

IMO the thing that keeps Calm from the #2 or #1 spot is that he only had to play one matchup all month (ok, he played one non ZvZ match, but that's ZvBest; no A-class Zerg needs to practice that), where every other contender for that spot had to play all their matchups. While I'm not trying to take away from his achievement, I still don't think I'd put my money on him in a Bo5 against Jaedong or Bisu (Fantasy is a bit harder to judge; I don't 100% agree with him at #2, but at the same time, I'm not sure Calm deserves #2 off 1 matchup).

If it's not calm, it's someone else. Fantasy isn't #2 material. Except in the OSL.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
3clipse
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Canada2555 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-31 20:19:17
August 31 2009 19:23 GMT
#34
On September 01 2009 03:55 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2009 03:39 3clipse wrote:
I really don't like Fantasy at #2- I'd have placed him at #4 or #5. When you have two Starleague winners, they really both deserve either 1st and 2nd place, barring extraordinary circumstances. Lets see, Jaedong is still Jaedong (despite some blunders resulting from FA stress), and he made the semi's of the MSL. No problem there. Calm not only won the MSL, but 3-1'd the greatest ZvZer in SC history and front-runner for #1. I think a player would have had to have had a flawless month break up the top 2, and Fantasy certianly did not, losing as many games vs big names as he won. He was certainly the centerpiece of T1 during their victorious PL finals, but he never had a chance to impress with a big bo5. Oh wait, he did. And he lost. I guess we could always use the standard "oh come on, it's Jaedong" excuse. Calm didn't have to.

That said, I like the rest of the rank and your writing.

IMO the thing that keeps Calm from the #2 or #1 spot is that he only had to play one matchup all month (ok, he played one non ZvZ match, but that's ZvBest; no A-class Zerg needs to practice that), where every other contender for that spot had to play all their matchups. While I'm not trying to take away from his achievement, I still don't think I'd put my money on him in a Bo5 against Jaedong or Bisu (Fantasy is a bit harder to judge; I don't 100% agree with him at #2, but at the same time, I'm not sure Calm deserves #2 off 1 matchup).

I see your point. But here's the thing; it's common knowledge that ZvZ has traditionally been Calm's weakest matchup. He's already proven his ZvT and ZvP prowess. This is the month it all came together for Calm. He not only won his first Starleague, but he's proven that he can play every matchup exquisitely, taking out both players we used to think were untouchable as the top two zergs. Easily deserved #2 spot, with Bisu being a stronger candidate for #3 than Fantasy (not a huge issue for me though).
Nick_54
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States2230 Posts
August 31 2009 19:25 GMT
#35
Bisu and Jaedong are still the best players, Fantasy should've been 4.
Zato-1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile4253 Posts
August 31 2009 19:37 GMT
#36
Would've liked to see Hyuk crack the PR, just for laughs. Good work though, riptide
Go here http://vina.biobiochile.cl/ and input the Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A)
vaMpYr
Profile Joined July 2009
France119 Posts
August 31 2009 19:45 GMT
#37
On September 01 2009 04:23 3clipse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2009 03:55 TheYango wrote:
On September 01 2009 03:39 3clipse wrote:
I really don't like Fantasy at #2- I'd have placed him at #4 or #5. When you have two Starleague winners, they really both deserve either 1st and 2nd place, barring extraordinary circumstances. Lets see, Jaedong is still Jaedong (despite some blunders resulting from FA stress), and he made the semi's of the MSL. No problem there. Calm not only won the MSL, but 3-1'd the greatest ZvZer in SC history and front-runner for #1. I think a player would have had to have had a flawless month break up the top 2, and Fantasy certianly did not, losing as many games vs big names as he won. He was certainly the centerpiece of T1 during their victorious PL finals, but he never had a chance to impress with a big bo5. Oh wait, he did. And he lost. I guess we could always use the standard "oh come on, it's Jaedong" excuse. Calm didn't have to.

That said, I like the rest of the rank and your writing.

IMO the thing that keeps Calm from the #2 or #1 spot is that he only had to play one matchup all month (ok, he played one non ZvZ match, but that's ZvBest; no A-class Zerg needs to practice that), where every other contender for that spot had to play all their matchups. While I'm not trying to take away from his achievement, I still don't think I'd put my money on him in a Bo5 against Jaedong or Bisu (Fantasy is a bit harder to judge; I don't 100% agree with him at #2, but at the same time, I'm not sure Calm deserves #2 off 1 matchup).

I see your point. But here's the thing; it's common knowledge that ZvZ has traditionally been Calm's weakest matchup. He's already proven his ZvT and ZvP prowess. This is the month it all came together for Calm. He not only won his firts Starleague, but he's proven that he can play every matchup exquisitely, taking out both players we used to think were untouchable as the top two zergs. Easily deserved #2 spot, with Bisu being a stronger candidate for #3 than Fantasy (not a huge issue for me though).



nothing to say more .

i think people are underestimate bisu and calm and overestimate fantasy a lot .
i think we will see some fun results in the next season ^^ .
JAEDONG STORK CALM AND KAL FIGHTING !!!

OZ FIGHTING
STX FIGHTING
ESTRO FIGHTING
HITE FIGHTING

SKT TO HELL
jaedong > flash in OSLs ; jaedong > flash in MSLs ; jaedong > flash in WCGs ; jaedong > flash in proleagues . what else ? NESPRESSO ( old quote =( )
mg
Profile Joined August 2009
88 Posts
August 31 2009 20:00 GMT
#38
Very well written and a joy to read. I loved the b alliteration in JD's commentary and how JULY wasn't as kind to August was to STX. Great PR and I can't see any way to change it.
⋆S⋆T⋆A⋆R⋆S⋆ ⋆B⋆A⋆B⋆Y⋆
tedster
Profile Joined May 2009
984 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-08-31 21:02:51
August 31 2009 21:01 GMT
#39
Bisu over Calm would be a serious and deliberate error. Calm did more to carry his team in PL than Bisu, won a major individual league, and took out the consensus #1 player in the process in his best matchup. There is literally nothing more Calm could have done in such a stretch without being bumped all the way to #1 (for example, hitting RO4 in another league or pushing STX to the PL finals). You really couldn't add a single achievement to Calm's recent resume without him automatically hitting #1 for the month, so he's got to be #2.

Bisu, on the other hand, didn't even get close to delivering a specific performance to put him on the border of a #1 ranking. Part of it was him getting creamed in individual leagues, and part was him not being matched up against JD in PL finals, but regardless he hasn't delivered a "nearly #1 performance" and couldn't possibly deserve a higher rank than Calm.

Fantasy is... probably misplaced. Do I think he's either the second or third best player in the world? Absolutely. But he probably should be #3, behind Calm, or #4, behind Bisu, both of whom have delivered a bit more consistently. Fantasy deserves no worse than #4 for his ridiculous PL finals, and his games against JD were very, very close, but in the end he left us wanting.
the last wcs commissioner
Magic84
Profile Joined October 2008
Russian Federation1381 Posts
August 31 2009 21:10 GMT
#40
Well written!

I like the placements, JD and Calm are title holders they have to lead the rank, however Bisu could have been #2 or #3 after Calm, he's just crazy crazy strong lately, he didn't succeed in starleagues, but it's the same with fantasy. His micro vs Flash in game 3 was the most impressive i've ever seen from protoss.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings65
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 189
ProTech140
ViBE119
SpeCial 26
StarCraft: Brood War
910 74
NaDa 21
Dota 2
monkeys_forever427
canceldota138
League of Legends
Doublelift4282
Other Games
summit1g5764
JimRising 390
C9.Mang0376
ToD114
PPMD31
JuggernautJason28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick769
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 91
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP46
• poizon28 37
• RyuSc2 23
• musti20045 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra969
Other Games
• imaqtpie1217
• Shiphtur598
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
10h 16m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
17h 16m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 16m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
Patches Events
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.